Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town (6072 Views)

Troops Repel Boko Haram Attack In Gwoza, Kill Terrorists (very Graphic Photos) / Shocking Photos From The Recaptured Town Of Damasak, Borno State / Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by adamskutty(m): 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Space for sell grin grin

200,000 naira only
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
Thank you Cameroonian Soldiers and Nigerian Soldiers!!!

Together we shall flush out those bastards.
To God be The Glory

1 Like

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by adamskutty(m): 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
Boko ediots were kicked out less than 2 wks after claiming a mumu caliphate grin grin grin

It was just a plan by out military to lure those Demonic thin creatures out of their hiding, and the drunkard called shekau fell for it grin grin grin grin grin grin

Rain the town with bombs

LET IT RAIN grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by Rikidony(m): 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
HAVE LEARNT NOT TO JUMB INTO CONCLUSION ON MATTERS LIKE THIS. LET ME WAIT TILL A CREDIBLE SOURCE IS BEING GIVEN
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
Goodnews... *pops champane grin

3 Likes

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by DarkFive: 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
31 August, 2014

Nigerian Military launches attacks to reclaim Gwoza from Boko Haram

A military operation is underway to reclaim Gwoza, Borno State from Boko Haram, a week after the sect proclaimed the district an Islamic Caliphate.

Five of the 27 policemen who went missing during the Boko Haram seizure of the town and the attack on the Nigeria Mobile Police Academy in Gwoza, have rejoined their units unhurt, it was learnt yesterday.

Expected to be liberated immediately from the terrorists are Gwoza and 14 surrounding villages.
The terrorists are understood to have blocked access roads to the town prompting the troops to launch what a security source described as “fierce attacks.”

“Some active military operations are ongoing but we will not talk until we have regained the town and other villages,” the source said yesterday

“All I can tell you is that Nigerian troops are capable. They did it in Congo, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Sudan, and other places. There is no basis for not dealing with the insurgents at home.
“We have launched fierce attacks both on land and in the air. We are prepared to reclaim Gwoza from the insurgents who have become tired of Sambisa Forest because the terrain has become marshy.”
Responding to a question, the source added: “Troops would have taken over Gwoza by now but the operation is tactical because we are sticking to the rules of engagement.

“We have discovered that the insurgents have been using most of their captives as human shield in launching attacks on troops and invasion of villages. But their antics cannot last.”

It was also gathered yesterday that five of the 27 policemen who went missing from the Nigeria Mobile Police Academy during the Boko Haram invasion of Gwoza have returned safely to their units.
The Police hierarchy was hopeful yesterday that the remaining 22 police trainees would rejoin their formations soon.

A source familiar with the development said: “Following the invasion of the Academy by the insurgents, some of the mobile policemen ran into the bush and they have been trying to find their path in the last few days.

“Do not forget that some of them are not used to the Gwoza terrain because they are not from the area. They also have to navigate their ways in such a manner that they will not fall victims of Boko Haram.
“Most often, those who survived Boko Haram attacks have been linking up with their different units through Adamawa State.”

When contacted, the Force Public Relations Officer, CP Emmanuel Ojukwu, said: “Five of the policemen have returned safely to their stations. Some may have gone back but yet to officially report.
“Let me assure you that we will recover the Academy in Gwoza from the insurgents, we are not giving in at all.”
at Sunday, August 31, 2014

You can thank by clicking like

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by titoetal(m): 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
The Lord will grant our gallant soldiers victory over the terrorist. No weapon fashioned against this nation shall prosper. The power of evil shall fail and the Lord shall send angel of confusion into the camp of BH and they shall remain confused untill they surrender.

God Bless and protect our soldiers that no soldier shall miss in this operation.
God Bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by thebloodykiller: 10:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
luvinhubby: God bless our gallant soldiers !
God bless our ebulient millitary heirachy !
God bless every optimistic, praying Nigerian !
God bless the good people of Borno & Adamawa states!
God bless our president & C in C, GEJ !
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria !
cool

And God bless you and your people too

3 Likes

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by chidekings(m): 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
if this news is true,then i own every eligible adult male of nairaland a bottle of beer

1 Like

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by pacretus(m): 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
DWJOBScom: God will deliver Nigeria and rid it's territory and border, enemies of this great nations.

My knees and that of my friends will not stop praying for nigeria and asking God to protect those young solders
keep on man.prayer is d only way out.pity pple who say nigeria leave evrytin to prayer.we wil continue to PUSH.(p)pray (u)until (s)something (h) happens.
but my guy kneel no dey pray.oo.na only mouth dey do am.fah

2 Likes

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by Keky(m): 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Victory Is Ours In JESUS NAME

1 Like

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by Rich4god(m): 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
adamskutty: Space for sell grin grin

200,000 naira only
You dey second page dey sell your space for this high amount....
@OP... I just pray this BH issue comes to an end...
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by Ayed44: 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
Deliver us frm boko haram, oh God
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by macklef(m): 12:33am On Sep 01, 2014
God has no intrest in this kindof battles. Whoever scales thru, scales thru, everyone wants the insurgency to end tho.
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by igwedaboss(m): 1:05am On Sep 01, 2014
NafeesaAA:

As I said I got the news from a source I have no reason to doubt. Borno state is my area, I ve lost family members to this madness, am in no mood for games or joke. I just want this madness to end and any positive news regarding success on the part of Nigeria army is a welcome news. let's just cross our legs and wait for the breaking news hopefully tomorrow. By Allah's will Nigeria army will triumph.

Sorry for your losses.. we can only hope for the best...
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by Sparrow13: 1:13am On Sep 01, 2014
chidekings: if this news is true,then i own every eligible adult male of nairaland a bottle of beer
i can't wait to have mine
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by ProfyJay(m): 1:48am On Sep 01, 2014
Let's see a more reliable and authentic source of info before our happiness is shortlived undecided
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by tit(f): 1:48am On Sep 01, 2014
chidekings: if this news is true,then i own every eligible adult male of nairaland a bottle of beer
Say no to (gender) discrimination.
Why only adult males?
What of adult females? Black thing good for us oo.
Bigotry and discrimination are the hallmark of boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by oduastates: 3:17am On Sep 01, 2014
Good.
They should go in hot pursuit

1 Like

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by abdulaz: 4:05am On Sep 01, 2014
I don't seem to understand this Tom and Jerry relationship between Nigeria army and boko haram, today gwoza would be boko haram while tomorrow it could be that of NA. undecided
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by BrokenTV: 4:51am On Sep 01, 2014
Nigeria military are doing their best, is only some mad people that are trying to tarnish their images, BH sympathizers that goes on the pages of newspaper, social networks and Nairaland to cause havoc on this fight against BH.
LONG LIVE NIGERIA ARMY
LONG LIVE GEJ.

5 Likes

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by ResourceMan(m): 5:04am On Sep 01, 2014
Gwoza was never taken. Cant you see the boko haram video. How can Nigerian Army leave a barrack with weapons for less than 10 soldiers to defend. It was a ploy to draw the bastards out of Sambissa. The best thing to do would have been to allow boko haram capture as many towwns as possible before going on the offensive. The sad realities is that without such actions of letting the haramites take towns and villages this war will continue to be a ding dong affair.
Kudos Nigerian Army.

2 Likes

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by Tundeiab(m): 5:08am On Sep 01, 2014
olapluto: Kudos to Nigerian Army if this is true. Now please consolidate and advance. Push these baggas into Cameroon.
They don't need to be pushed any where... They should be caught, slaughtered and buried like the criminal that they are...

Stewpid JIHADISTS!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by chidekings(m): 6:09am On Sep 01, 2014
tit:
Say no to (gender) discrimination.
Why only adult males?
What of adult females? Black thing good for us oo.
Bigotry and discrimination are the hallmark of boko haram.

beers are not good for women
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by chidekings(m): 6:14am On Sep 01, 2014
Sparrow13: i can't wait to have mine

let the story be true,then we all drink to the gallentry effort of our armed forces

1 Like

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by Orunto: 6:35am On Sep 01, 2014
Welldone our Force. Did you apply UDI fomula? More grease!
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by IdomaLikita: 6:56am On Sep 01, 2014
Bait & Destroy!
Nice Move NA
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by experimentist: 9:30am On Sep 01, 2014
Nasr minna'al Llah..
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 01, 2014
this is not news cos it happened since on Friday night /Saturday as i was told.

its good news though am surprised that its yet to be in the news.

why was there no sabotage this time, because somebody is calling names already or they want us to feel the name callers are liers.

i smell a rat

1 Like

Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by SUBMARINE: 9:54am On Sep 01, 2014
IdomaLikita: Bait & Destroy!
Nice Move NA

I miss Sirius and those guys who were suggesting new tactics and strategy
If I am correct, one of them suggested Bait and Destroy tactics
Can you remind me his name
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 01, 2014
Rikidony:
HELLO LISTEN I DONT JOKE WITH THIS SORT OF NEWS BE SPECIFIC DONT JOKE WITH ISSUES OF NATIONAL SECURITY. THE QUESTION IS HOW SURE ARE YOU WHEN DID U GET THE INFO. ANY MORE INSIGHT ABOUT IT

If it is coming from Nafeesa, then the news is real.
Re: Latest News:- Nigeria Army Recaptured Gwoza Town by Rikidony(m): 10:27am On Sep 01, 2014
tokunboh:

If it is coming from Nafeesa, then the news is real.
OK I HOPE SO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People / In Defence Of The South South And South East Political Choice / Israel And Biafra Alliance: The Tsunami That Is Hitting A Rickety Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.