Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! (63038 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past / What Does A Yoruba Village Look Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Jaideyone(m): 6:10am On Sep 02, 2014
Funjosh:

What is the percentage of Yoruba leaving their
living

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by mickyarams: 6:12am On Sep 02, 2014
oseiwe: Peckham is already a yoruba / Nigerian village, even the cops are scared to go there.
You forgot Thamesmead, Dagenham and Purfleet.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by justi4jesu(f): 6:12am On Sep 02, 2014
Funjosh:

Living there tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by iamord(m): 6:12am On Sep 02, 2014
oseiwe: Peckham is already a yoruba / Nigerian village, even the cops are scared to go there.

I Heard bad guys full there.. But all the same I am glad to see this.. Nice render and project.. But I wish there is more of this mied use development projects in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by ZUBY77(m): 6:14am On Sep 02, 2014
Shameless Africans. Always celebrating useless projects.
How many British villages are in Ibadan?
If that is such a fantastic project, do you think you can beat them to that?

First of all, the Police, the army, the politicians etc will remain British. So you are only allowed to import your Ewedu and others.

Its a shame we celebrate running away from our ancestors. They must be happy wherever they are.

12 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Alexebo(m): 6:15am On Sep 02, 2014
wen i wanted 2 comment,i was number 12 but immediately i clicked submit,here i am @ number 24 nd i ask "where are we speeding to my good people of nigeria"?

17 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=aywhy93][size=14pt]Yoruba Village ?? or Black Village ?? Really, I cant see no Yoruba, I can only see them Black.. cool

How would u see d YORUBA VILLAGE inscribed on the building in d 1st photo with ur sunglasses .!
Anyway u came advertising angry

11 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by electropiz(m): 6:21am On Sep 02, 2014
trity09: The Yoruba race.. Setting pace for Nigeria since 1914.... cool cool cool
The Yoruba race, Betrayers since 1914

7 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by amnestylaw1(m): 6:21am On Sep 02, 2014
Nice development. O'dua a gbewa o.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by InvertedHammer: 6:22am On Sep 02, 2014
/

It does not look like a village to me.

That is what we call pouring a cup of water into the lagoon.

There are a lot of places in Yoruba land that could use the edifice.

\

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by amnestylaw1(m): 6:23am On Sep 02, 2014
ZUBY77: Shameless Africans. Always celebrating useless projects.

First of all, the Police, the army, the politicians etc will remain British. So you are only allowed to import your Ewedu and others.

Its a shame we celebrate running away from our ancestors. They must be happy wherever they are.

There need not be any British village in Ibadan. Nigeria and many other countries have British Council that promote British culture. So, do some research and stop hating.

26 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 02, 2014
Nice idea, I just hope the britons do not turn this project into a West African museum.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 02, 2014
Funjosh:

80%

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by actYourDreams: 6:34am On Sep 02, 2014
PeterKbaba: Yoruba Village London

The Yoruba Village is a mixed use development on a 1Ha site providing a wide range of community facilities.
The aspiration of the project is to provide the community with a destination to celebrate the culture of the West African community in London. The proposals were presented to 400 distinguished guests at the Grange Tower Hotel in Tower Bridge in August 2013.

This will be a special scheme for Yoruba's in Diaspora and also a multicultural community that can learn about the Yoruba culture.
The project has been designed to be as permeable as possible with the community through its facade treatment. The urban strategy has been strategically implemented to draw people into the scheme. It provides an 'extension to the main road by introducing a pedestrian’s concourse right through the centre of the scheme.

A flythrough of the project can be viewed on here

The scheme consist of the following
• Public Gallery exhibiting Yoruba and West African Culture
• Suite / Hall 01, 02, 03
- Seats 500 Dining
- Seats 700 Theatre
• Restaurant / Bar Facilities

• Retail Units x10
• Commercial Units x12
• Supermarket 20000 sq ft

• Car Parking - 1000 gross spaces

•Community Facilities (crèche, academic)

http://www.bolansgroup.com/projects/yoruba-village-london/

This is really nice. It will translate to a lot of developments for the yorubas in the rural areas of Nigeria and also the underprivileged yorubas struggling to be educated. The location is also good. Ordinary yorubas in the villages can always see it and aspire to become great in future so that they may replicate similar structures in their areas. If this is true, it is a laudable initiative.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by mekuzee1(m): 6:34am On Sep 02, 2014
Una neva develop una own country finish,,una cum dhe help developed country..chaii make una jus go sleep joor..

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by redsquare(m): 6:36am On Sep 02, 2014
Nigerians are indeed funny. We have seen Igbo village in Virginia, now it's Yoruba village in London, yet our cities from Aba to Ibadan are all in ruins. Why not think of how to better our land and make it habitable. The Americans and British don't give a fuccck about us. Yoruba village ko, Igbo community ni.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by MsNas(f): 6:38am On Sep 02, 2014
Where is shymexx? grin

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by erico2k2(m): 6:44am On Sep 02, 2014
amnestylaw1:

There need not be any British village in Ibadan. Nigeria and many other countries have British Council that promote British culture. So, do some research and stop hating.
British council never promote any british culture.Its just a source of research ie library?I was a memeber at the one in ENUGU.I think U need to know what promoting o e's culture means b4 posting

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by aywhy93(m): 6:44am On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=Akdegreat][/quote]

LoL....You got me. But Its a sketch, a design. That's not a real picture for real. If you've seen the video, you'll get what i mean

http://vimeo.com/73822627
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:52am On Sep 02, 2014
cheesy
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Lekcy001(m): 6:53am On Sep 02, 2014
IS A GOOD DEVELOPMENT AND PRIDE FOR YORUBA KINGDOM...........ODUA NI MI TOKAN TOKAN, EGBE OMO ODUA A GBE WA OOOO

7 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by amnestylaw1(m): 6:54am On Sep 02, 2014
amnestylaw1:

erico2k2:
British council never promote any british culture.Its just a source of research ie library?I was a memeber at the one in ENUGU.I think U need to know what promoting o e's culture means b4 posting

British Council DOES promote culture. Maybe we need to start with understanding what constitute culture. Below are some information (with sources attached) of what British Council does.

So what is the British Council?

Its purpose is to "build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and to increase appreciation of the UK's creative ideas and achievements". In effect, it is tasked with promoting British culture, language and business around the world. It is a not-for-profit charity and though it is -independent, it is partly funded by the British Government.

The council has often faced the difficulty of being something of a mystery to the public. Part of the problem is its nondescript name, which gives little clue to its activities. Its leaders have often been asked about a name change to something that better explains what the council does. "Market research shows that organisations that change their name often lose out in terms of public recognition," its former head, David Drewry, once said,...
SOURCE: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-big-question-what-is-the-british-council-and-does-it-still-serve-a-useful-purpose-764836.html

According to the British Council itself:

The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries, and builds trust between them worldwide. We call this work cultural relations.
SOURCE: http://www.britishcouncil.org/organisation

So, you see, British Council's main task is to promote British Culture. They do this by building British Councils across the globe, providing educational opportunities, providing libraries, organizing cultural "interchange/exchange" programs etc.

13 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by DaWorshiper(m): 6:57am On Sep 02, 2014
PeterKbaba: .
Grow up!
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Sijo01(f): 6:59am On Sep 02, 2014
That village will not be complete without the statue of Sango, the god of thunder.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 02, 2014
mascot87: Yorubas rock anyday anytime......Haters can go & die
Ki lo'n se e? U just won cause argument 4 here. E ni suuru
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by amnestylaw1(m): 7:04am On Sep 02, 2014
Sijo01: That village will not be complete without the statue of Sango, the god of thunder.

Why Sango? I guess the Statue of Oduduwa-Progenitor of the Yoruba race would be a perfect fit just as Lady Justice is a perfect fit that symbolizes Equity and Law...

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:09am On Sep 02, 2014
Aside the fact that it might help in preserving the culture(to an extent)in a foreign land,I see no other noteworthy reason.
The question should be...How many kids there are ready to enrol and take language classes?or how many parents would enroll their kids there?.
At the end of it all na oyinbo man go dey frequent the place.Itz gonna be more of a "museum"

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Sylvarresta(m): 7:11am On Sep 02, 2014
Don't worry, some low life will soon be here ranting.... Yoruba leading the pack since 1000BC..... Proudly a Yoruba.... God bless Nigeria
God bless the entire Yoruba race.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Sylvarresta(m): 7:14am On Sep 02, 2014
ZUBY77: Shameless Africans. Always celebrating useless projects.

Cry me a river, bad belle.... Ancestor ko Resistor ni.

8 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by tbatbaby(f): 7:15am On Sep 02, 2014
Guudu moonii Sir,moodu pe moo gbo yin booooo ooo!Omo kaaro ooji re to d core!Respect to d YORUBA'S.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Sylvarresta(m): 7:16am On Sep 02, 2014
redsquare: Nigerians are indeed funny. We have seen Igbo village in Virginia, now it's Yoruba village in London, yet our cities from Aba to Ibadan are all in ruins. Why not think of how to better our land and make it habitable. The Americans and British don't give a fuccck about us. Yoruba village ko, Igbo community ni.
Your city in Aba is ruined... Ibadan is not ruin in anyway.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Queen Naomi Releases Hot New Pictures For Valentine (picture) / Ooni Announces Discovery Of “mysterious Waterfall” In Ife / How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.