Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! (63071 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past / What Does A Yoruba Village Look Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by slap1(m): 7:21am On Sep 02, 2014
Yoruba Village... I thought it'll be mud and thatch houses.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Sijo01(f): 7:23am On Sep 02, 2014
amnestylaw1:

Why Sango? I guess the Statue of Oduduwa-Progenitor of the Yoruba race would be a perfect fit just as Lady Justice is a perfect fit that symbolizes Equity and Law...

I prefer sango, holding up his staff, releasing fire from his mouth.

Trust me it will make more tourism sense than Odiduwa's.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Rawani: 7:28am On Sep 02, 2014
redsquare: Nigerians are indeed funny. We have seen Igbo village in Virginia, now it's Yoruba village in London, yet our cities from Aba to Ibadan are all in ruins. Why not think of how to better our land and make it habitable. The Americans and British don't give a fuccck about us. Yoruba village ko, Igbo community ni.

slap1: Yoruba Village... I thought it'll be mud and thatch houses.

I was interested and found the pictures of the Igbo village in Virginia. Its commendable that the developers are giving Americans the chance to have a taste of Igbo culture without leaving their shores.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by marieolae(f): 7:29am On Sep 02, 2014
Peckham is the mini Lagos. Just like yaba market but a Behind version. There's nothing you cannot find there, ewedu, stalkfish, pepper, okro etc it is all there!!

5 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by amnestylaw1(m): 7:30am On Sep 02, 2014
Sijo01:

I prefer sango, holding up his staff, releasing fire from his mouth.

Trust me it will make more tourism sense than Odiduwa's.

Tourism-wise, you seem to be right.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by doctorofgirls(m): 7:33am On Sep 02, 2014
marieolae: Peckham is the mini Lagos. Just like yaba market but a Behind version. There's nothing you cannot find there, ewedu, stalkfish, pepper, okro etc it is all there!!
mr corq lives there ,try seeing him sometimes
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:33am On Sep 02, 2014
I keep loving my Yoruba heritage.

8 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by davidif: 7:34am On Sep 02, 2014
Alexebo: wen i wanted 2 comment,i was number 12 but immediately i clicked submit,here i am @ number 24 nd i ask "where are we speeding to my good people of nigeria"?

hahahahaha
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by itsIYKE(m): 7:34am On Sep 02, 2014
amnestylaw1:

Why Sango? I guess the Statue of Oduduwa-Progenitor of the Yoruba race would be a perfect fit just as Lady Justice is a perfect fit that symbolizes Equity and Law...
Yes a statue of oduduwa wit chains on his leg nd feet like a madman dat he was

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Collynzo16: 7:35am On Sep 02, 2014
London is no man's land.
Expect brown roofs soon.....

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 02, 2014
Well I hope this is not one of those white elephant projects. Would be a good project though. Most of these project neva see d light of day since there are no real fianciers probaly just some group of enthusiast architect. And if u understand d problem involved with comunity financing I.e the yourba ppl in london. I Just wish d project well.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by muchyblink(m): 7:49am On Sep 02, 2014
Hmmmm, so yoruba can do a thing like dis. Thought only Igbos do dis. Then why are yorubas hating on d Igbos just because of Lagos?

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by amnestylaw1(m): 7:49am On Sep 02, 2014
itsIYKE: Yes a statue of oduduwa wit chains on his leg nd feet like a madman dat he was

Now, go back and read your comments and come back so I'll tell you who the man one is.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by rill: 7:50am On Sep 02, 2014
MrCork go be one of the construction workers
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by mascot87(m): 7:54am On Sep 02, 2014
Tazmode: Ki lo'n se e? U just won cause argument 4 here. E ni suuru
Ti mi o ba kọ gàn,awọn ọmọ ina yen maama sọ isọkusọ ni jare ọmọ iya mi

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by duni04(m): 8:08am On Sep 02, 2014
redsquare: Nigerians are indeed funny. We have seen Igbo village in Virginia, now it's Yoruba village in London, yet our cities from Aba to Ibadan are all in ruins. Why not think of how to better our land and make it habitable. The Americans and British don't give a fuccck about us. Yoruba village ko, Igbo community ni.
Same thing Emenike was thinking before they stole his land and N30 million in Enugu

5 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Olofintoto(m): 8:11am On Sep 02, 2014
dridowu: God Bless Odua Lineage
Àse o o o!
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Revolva(m): 8:11am On Sep 02, 2014
Na just wetin nigerians like building irrelevant structures outside nigeria
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by horlabiyi(m): 8:14am On Sep 02, 2014
oseiwe: Peckham is already a yoruba / Nigerian village, even the cops are scared to go there.
that's where most of our 9ja celebs stays when they travel to the UK and they keep shouting " Me Chilling In London "

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Handcuff: 8:20am On Sep 02, 2014
Will this contribute to the Nigerian economy...
We have towns here that could have benefited from this kind of gesture.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by focus7: 8:27am On Sep 02, 2014
Systeme101: When wil wen stop fooling ourselves? and how does this contribute to solving the problems of an average nigerian?....dis is capital flight nd a shame!
Look dis will soon become a standard for competition for tribes, just watch.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by heavenmade(m): 8:28am On Sep 02, 2014
It is a good move but not the best. I would have prefered a Nigeria Town anyway...we should not always show the world that we are not one in this country
NB : I am a typical yoruba man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by iamord(m): 8:32am On Sep 02, 2014
InvertedHammer: /

It does not look like a village to me.

That is what we call pouring a cup of water into the lagoon.

There are a lot of places in Yoruba land that could use the edifice.

\

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by focus7: 8:33am On Sep 02, 2014
itsIYKE: Yes a statue of oduduwa wit chains on his leg nd feet like a madman dat he was
some of u kids on NL really has bad upbringing. Can't u just apply courtesy on this forum, so abusive and irritating. We can rather promote intelligent communications than insults.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 02, 2014
I hope the Yoruba inhabitants keep it clean.....if y'all know what I mean grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by iamord(m): 8:42am On Sep 02, 2014
Rawani:

I was interested and found the pictures of the Igbo village in Virginia. Its commendable that the developers are giving Americans the chance to have a taste of Igbo culture without leaving their shores.

Nice !! They gave that village feel of home.. But I prefer the yourba own.. But it will be nice if the yoruba centre had an open space like this with the mud houses to compliment the mixed use enclave.

And as for that masquerades
So na so them go dance use style collect american visa

Okay na!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Rexnegro(m): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2014
heavenmade: It is a good move but not the best. I would have prefered a Nigeria Town anyway...we should not always show the world that we are not one in this country
NB : I am a typical yoruba man

We yorubas don't call anoda man land a no man's land like so tribal bigots does n still do...then why should the yorubas there do the project with others naija tribes there ? When u n I knows that there won't be corperation from oda tribes....abegi whatever the world like let them see that we aren't one in this con3 , for ur info we will never be one..we have been deceiving ourselves since 1914...

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 02, 2014
Ok kudos, yoruba group of London changing and dominating since history can remember.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Janetozi(f): 8:50am On Sep 02, 2014
I need prove

if i don't see black ppl with yoruba attire or yoruba tribal marks in d pix, i won't believe

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Lilimax(f): 8:53am On Sep 02, 2014
Sirshymexx where art thou?
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Enahi(f): 8:53am On Sep 02, 2014
Great idea,how about a London village in Lagos too? The truth is always bitter,Yorubas are yet to develop their villages in Nigeria filled with red roofs, bad roads etc and they are busy creating a beautiful village in another Man's Land. Charity begins at home.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 8:55am On Sep 02, 2014
Nice Idea.
Wrong timing.

That's one of the main problems with Nigerians. We do not do first things first. Develop your villages at home first before you go and set up another "village" in another man's land.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband / Queen Naomi Releases Hot New Pictures For Valentine (picture) / How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.