Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! (63068 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past / What Does A Yoruba Village Look Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by fattbabakay(m): 9:46am On Sep 03, 2014
penquin: proudly Yoruba.

Want to dedicate this space to the owner of this wonderful forum www.afronigeria.com ,Nairaland be careful afronigeria is behind you

grin grin grin
Kindly wake up 4rm ur dream. D'earlier d'better.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by eph12(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2014
Walexwal: WOW! Am a year older today guys. Help me tnk God oo. Am realy ontop of d world for Gods mercy ova me. Wil apreciate ur kind wishes,sms,like,credits,bank alerts,prayers,friendshps,shares,likes. To 08039423642. Jst to mak it a memorabu day. Jah bles u as u do so
my NL email is not functioning well. Check my signature for my contacts sir. Thanks
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 03, 2014
maynation: Yoruba is Taking over cool
yea but igbo men will be the once running the business over there

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Seempliehuman(m): 1:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
mackmanuel:
yea but igbo men will be the once running the business over there
You wish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Joe88(m): 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=LasGidiOwner]You think UK planning will allow for this sort of design below in their country?

I believe you understand my point but deliberately want to defer. The picture you posted is not traditional African/Yoruba Architecture, that could pass for "Vernacular architecture". Below is a picture of the Old Owu Palace and the next (Natural History Museum at Obafemi Awolowo University) is an adaptation of the former mixed with a degree of 'Sophistication' and contemporary outlook.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Joe88(m): 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
LasGidiOwner: You think UK planning will allow for this sort of design below in their country?

I believe you understand my point but deliberately want to defer. The picture you posted is not traditional African/Yoruba Architecture, that could pass for "Vernacular architecture". Below is a picture of a traditional Yoruba architecture (Old Owu Palace) and the next (Natural History Museum at Obafemi Awolowo University) is an adaptation of the former mixed with a degree of 'Sophistication' and contemporary outlook.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by iamord(m): 7:08am On Sep 04, 2014
[quote author=mightycrown1]

i can perceive that you are not dull; it's just that you lack space in your blocked skull where little brain can be fixed so that you can
have a little comprehension.
1. is the proposed Yoruba village going to be built in Nigeria or London?
2. is London developed, developing or under develop.
goat.[/quote

Infact skay is not for u.. U need to be locked up in an assylum..cos u are overr daft.. Mofo!
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by ChinonsoDike2: 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
LasGidiOwner: You are not more yoruba than myself though from Lagos.

Now lets face it. is the below picture not Ibadan? Where is the rural area in that picture? Please could post the so called Bodija to prove me wrong?

Lasgidi is my inheritance.

[s]quote author=mainman7]

Fools!!!!! Only posting pictures of old rural areas! Come to Bodija Estate, Come to Challenge Ibadan, Come to Oluyole Extension and take pictures of world class settlements. Senseless igbo people!!!! Greedly acquired money has neither given u d fulfillment u so much craved nor true Love, u started killing your wives....It's too late for u to find out that "Joy of life consisted not in the aboudance of the things possessed" igbos can't just stop envying the fact that Yorubas are naturally happy people. diametrically embittered Sad souls called igbos ...now you constantly intrude a purely Yoruba thread with your bitterness and hopelessness. Haters shall die hating, Yorubas shall keep rising. [/s]

Lol!!!

Chinonso Dike aka Chino, you're now a Yoruba man?! LOL!!!
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by SenatorJames(m): 8:39am On Sep 06, 2014
PeterKbaba: Yoruba Village London

The Yoruba Village is a mixed use development on a 1Ha site providing a wide range of community facilities.
The aspiration of the project is to provide the community with a destination to celebrate the culture of the West African community in London. The proposals were presented to 400 distinguished guests at the Grange Tower Hotel in Tower Bridge in August 2013.

This will be a special scheme for Yoruba's in Diaspora and also a multicultural community that can learn about the Yoruba culture.
The project has been designed to be as permeable as possible with the community through its facade treatment. The urban strategy has been strategically implemented to draw people into the scheme. It provides an 'extension to the main road by introducing a pedestrian’s concourse right through the centre of the scheme.

A flythrough of the project can be viewed on here

The scheme consist of the following
• Public Gallery exhibiting Yoruba and West African Culture
• Suite / Hall 01, 02, 03
- Seats 500 Dining
- Seats 700 Theatre
• Restaurant / Bar Facilities

• Retail Units x10
• Commercial Units x12
• Supermarket 20000 sq ft

• Car Parking - 1000 gross spaces

•Community Facilities (crèche, academic)

http://www.bolansgroup.com/projects/yoruba-village-london/
If it will be to better the life of common Nigerians in the diaspora, they have my support, if not, its not good enough, because unfair treament Nigerians are subjected to by the foreigners is too much.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by actYourDreams: 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
haryomikun:
IF and only IF the funds from there are not meant for personal gain
You missed the sarcasm.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by NobleG1(m): 12:01am On Sep 13, 2014
whitecat007: What has ibo built and called Nigerian?

Go and set up yours and call it anything you want. Enough of your greed coated envy. You are more tribalistic than any Yoruba out there. Yoruba always take every tribe along but, this is cultural, and can only be Yoruba history. We have chinese, Italian and others who showcase their heritage, and Yoruba is not an exception. Nigeria is a geographical expression with so many different cultures. No amounts of arm twisting and blackmail will keep us waiting for your people to catch up. You will not hold us down anymore. Yoruba must keep moving on, waiting for your tribe has kept us stagnant, and it's not as if you appreciate it, you insult us after each mouthful of rock-textured Akpu, after all we have done, so to your tents oh Israel.
You said my tribe kept you I*diots stagnant, in what way?
You shameless fools! Which tribes ruled and destroyed this country? Of course, Hausa and you Yorubas! Yorubas are known since Nigeria's inception as f*ucking tribalists!
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by muchyblink(m): 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
whitecat007:
Show us anywhere in the world where igbos have even done anything close to this, and with pictures please. If you fail to show it, then you should bow your jealous never-do-well soul in shame.
Igbos are everywhere. Anywhere u go around d world and u didnt see any Igbo man pls run 4 ur dear life
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by PeterKbaba: 5:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by AfricasSon: 5:13am On Mar 12, 2015
Nice it reminds me a bit of China Town actually hopefully it can retain the culture of the people instead of someone coming in and exploiting the people and their cultural heritage yet still be accepting of outside people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband / Queen Naomi Releases Hot New Pictures For Valentine (picture) / How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.