Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! (63073 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past / What Does A Yoruba Village Look Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by TUNFOL: 11:39am On Sep 02, 2014
Don't mind the 'goof' We know them when we see them. Empty barrel makes the loudest noise
Aigbofa:

As Soyinka would say; a tiger does not need to proclaim it's tigritude. A true Yoruba does not need to go around saying Lasgidi is his inheritance.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 02, 2014
LasGidiOwner: You mean I must look like the below pictures before I could be considered a true Omoluabi? We were all born without the Tiger marks, though as I was growing up in Lagos I saw some of my school mates with such marks on their faces..shocked

You don't need to be sour about this, all you need to do is find a place to build an ibo village. The one being built in Virginia is a testament or should I say a monument to ibo ingenuity.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by LasGidiOwner: 11:42am On Sep 02, 2014
My problem with out people is trying so hard to cover the backwardness in our region. Please where is the so called modern Ibadan? My mom is from Ibadan so I know the town wella. Show me a different Ibadan apart from the one below. Is poverty also historical preservation? I think this traditional yoruba states are the reason our SW region is backward. I wish there are Fasholas in all these rural states that make up our SW.

We are a backward region courtesy of these traditional yoruba states (minus lagos) I must confess!

Lasgidi is my inheritance.

TUNFOL: Only a fool will beleive that you are Yoruba. If truly you are one, your position gave you out as an omo-ale. You are busy feeding people with wrong info here. So you are so dumbb to know that what you posted is the ancient part of Ibadan? So you are not aware of the modern Ibadan? So yo do not know that certain structures are preserved for historical purposes. Visit any Yoruba Palace and yo will see the very old, acahaic architecture mostly preserved from generation to generation for historical and cultural purpose. Ladgidi ko, Lasgidi ni. So the acient houses in Ajegunle and the likes are not part of your so-called Lasgidi. Ani Oponu ni ee. Mumu.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Funjosh(m): 11:43am On Sep 02, 2014
yejhizkebab: kindly correct your spellings pls.it should be 'living'and not leaving,'there' and not 'their'..stop painting the yoruba race in a bad light for haters to mock!

Sorry aunty am only trying to write in english language. Hope u know that the Yoruba race is not in Nigeria only undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by TUNFOL: 11:44am On Sep 02, 2014
Unfortunately, there is no scientific proof that u are better. If you know what i mean.
LasGidiOwner: You mean I must look like the below pictures before I could be considered a true Omoluabi? We were all born without the Tiger marks, though as I was growing up in Lagos I saw some of my school mates with such marks on their faces..shocked

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by gatiano(m): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2014
i don't know what to say ooo, as this is a fine news or development so it is also something of ignorance. if it is a british-yoruba village (yoruba born in britain village), then its cool, i celebrate for them. but if it is yoruba initiative all the way from nigeria, then you miss road, you have been fooled to create employment for another race. if you no repair your house, e no make sense repair someones' elses.

WARNING!!!
very soon, the western countries will begin to give visas like giving speeches. all the doors go just dey openned for our black asses. pls do not even reach 100metre close to their embassies, not much flying to their countries. hid warnings! if you are already there. takecare!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Walexwal: 11:47am On Sep 02, 2014
WOW! Am a year older today guys. Help me tnk God oo. Am realy ontop of d world for Gods mercy ova me. Wil apreciate ur kind wishes,sms,like,credits,bank alerts,prayers,friendshps,shares,likes. To 08039423642. Jst to mak it a memorabu day. Jah bles u as u do so

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by gatiano(m): 11:49am On Sep 02, 2014
Maybe so, no arguments, but why you need change roofs wey no dey leak? na waste of resources be that. quality roofing if it last 200 years is all best. so long it is not causing wahalla. only they should be adviced not to dring rain water falling out from right above it, rusty waters.
LasGidiOwner: My problem with out people is trying so hard to cover the backwardness in our region. Please where is the so called modern Ibadan? My mom is from Ibadan so I know the town wella. Show me a different Ibadan apart from the one below.

We are a backward region I must confess!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by TUNFOL: 11:50am On Sep 02, 2014
There is no point joining issue with you. A philosopher once said "He who does not know and he does not know that he does not know is a foool, ignore him but He who does not knows and he knows he does not know is a learner, teach him whereas he who knows and He knows that He knows is a wise man, Follow him". You, no doubt belong to the first category
LasGidiOwner: My problem with out people is trying so hard to cover the backwardness in our region. Please where is the so called modern Ibadan? My mom is from Ibadan so I know the town wella. Show me a different Ibadan apart from the one below. Is poverty also historical preservation? I think this traditional yoruba states are the reason our SW region is backward. I wish there are Fasholas in all these rural states that make up our SW.

We are a backward region I must confess!

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by LasGidiOwner: 11:51am On Sep 02, 2014
Now how can you guarantee the highlighted part?

gatiano: Maybe so, no arguments, but why you need change roofs wey no dey leak? na waste of resources be that. quality roofing if it last 200 years is all best. so long it is not causing wahalla. only they should be adviced not to dring rain water falling out from right above it, rusty waters.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by LasGidiOwner: 11:52am On Sep 02, 2014
Its because you have no point!

TUNFOL: There is no point joining issue with you. A philosopher once said "He who does not know and he does not know that he does not know is a foool, ignore him but He who does not knows and he knows he does not know is a learner, teach him whereas he who knows and He knows that He knows is a wise man, Follow him". You, no doubt belong to the first category

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by halix239(f): 11:52am On Sep 02, 2014
Sylvarresta: Your city in Aba is ruined... Ibadan is not ruin in anyway.

to b sincere this plc doesn't luk a village
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by olumuyiolaoluwa: 11:53am On Sep 02, 2014
Aigbofa:

As Soyinka would say; a tiger does not need to proclaim it's tigritude. A true Yoruba does not need to go around saying Lasgidi is his inheritance.
Y are u giving dat bo.ob from d East attention allow him to make good jester of himself and tribe, Don't u see dey want to kill themselves cos of LAGOS. grin

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by fluteman: 11:56am On Sep 02, 2014
PenSniper:

Use your brain, we are being yoked together and polluted by people who are centuries behind us in civilization.
Guy use ur brain. The nitwit you quoted is Ibo.......geez y are people so easily decieved.

Nairaland is an anonymous forum with a big flaw.....a cat can claim to be a Lion, by simply using the Lion as username, whilst it's still and forever remains a slimy cat.

It's not difficult for smart dude to see thru the deception though

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by gatiano(m): 11:56am On Sep 02, 2014
you think say you smart abi? you want me to emphasize on the rustiness of the roofs. as it is going to make you feel happy, so is it going to educate others for their own good health. rain water falling off from those roofs will definately carry some rusty metals with it and it is not cool for drinking and worst for cooking. my chemistry is quite bad.
LasGidiOwner: Now how can you guarantee the highlighted part?

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by TUNFOL: 11:57am On Sep 02, 2014
Just discovered that the only Thread you ever authored on the Forum is on promotion of Biafra Republic. Keep dreaming of inheriting Lagos. I wish you good luck in your mirage.
LasGidiOwner: Its because you have no point!

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
You mean crime like the yoruba pastors defrauding their citizens ie samuel kayode,57 involved in the biggest Uk Education fraud,1.4million pounds? Or micheal adebolajo the terrorist??

PenSniper:

But at least its a far cry from what some other nigerian tribe is known for in Britain and globally - crime.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by LasGidiOwner: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
So what is the solution to avert cancer of the rustic zinc? Change the roof!

gatiano: you think say you smart abi? you want me to emphasize on the rustiness of the roofs. as it is going to make you feel happy, so is it going to educate others for their own good health. rain water falling off from those roofs will definately carry some rusty metals with it and it is not cool for drinking and worst for cooking. my chemistry is quite bad.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by gatiano(m): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
you dey sell roofing sheet? forget ooo, why should they? rain don't fall all the time of the year, only a lazy man will wait for rain to fall b4 he can drink, if not, he will die of thirst. dig well or go stream ooo, even una pipe dey rust, when was the last time you changed sorry (anybody) changed their pipes? don't tell me you got plastic pipes, that is the worst.

to avert cancer, it is the simplest thing in this life. eat like a man! good food, cook them soft and well and with less incredient. ONE MEAL A DAY! OPEN YOUR EARS, DON'T TOUCH PORK! DON'T LOOK AT IT, DON'T SMELL IT. COMPLY, YOU WILL NEVER HAVE CANCER. No smoking too and alcohol. i'm a muslim and a christain in one.
LasGidiOwner: So what is the solution to avert cancer of the rustic zinc? Change the roof!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Octaves(m): 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nigerians especially yoruba people are hypocrites! 2 days ago, everybody was lambasting igbo diasporans just for holding a conference in Houston to discuss issues at home, saying they are misplacing priorities, wasting resources, running away from home, should have held the conference in aba or onitsha blah blah blah. today, everybody is hailing the all new yoruba village in 'LONDON'. what a bunch of tribalistic hypocrites!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by yejhizkebab(f): 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
Funjosh:

Sorry aunty am only trying to write in english language. Hope u know that the Yoruba race is not in Nigeria only undecided
That's far frm the issue.u dnt seem to understand what I mean.kindly read through my quote again
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by lagdmark(m): 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
JUST WANT TO ASK SOME YORUBA FOLKS, IS THE TYPE OF MODERN ALUMINUM ROOFING USED in SSu and SE HOUSES FORBIDDEN IN SW OR Is It A TABOO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by LasGidiOwner: 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
Below is a public water supply next to it is a broken down drainage system in my Ibadan..chai. There is no such thing as pipe borne water here. I weep for my Ibadan.

gatiano: you dey sell roofing sheet? forget ooo, why should they? rain don't fall all the time of the year, only a lazy man will wait for rain to fall b4 he can drink, if not, he will die of thirst. dig well or go stream ooo, even una pipe dey rust, when was the last time you changed sorry (anybody) changed their pipes? don't tell me you got plastic pipes, that is the worst.

to avert cancer, it is the simplest thing in this life. eat like a man! good food, cook them soft and well and with less incredient. ONE MEAL A DAY! OPEN YOUR EARS, DON'T TOUCH PORK! DON'T LOOK AT IT, DON'T SMELL IT. COMPLY, YOU WILL NEVER HAVE CANCER. No smoking too and alcohol. i'm a muslim and a christain in one.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by LasGidiOwner: 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
Shut up there silly nyamiri. We are preserving our heritage and culture.

lagdmark: JUST WANT TO ASK SOME YORUBA FOLKS, IS THE TYPE OF MODERN ALUMINUM ROOFING USED in SSu and SE HOUSES FORBIDDEN IN SW OR Is It A TABOO

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Sylvarresta(m): 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
halix239:

to b sincere this plc doesn't luk a village
That Aba look like an hamlet
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by olumuyiolaoluwa: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
peppyluv02: You mean crime like the yoruba pastors defrauding their citizens ie samuel kayode,57 involved in the biggest Uk Education fraud,1.4million pounds? Or micheal adebolajo the terrorist??

U r here making noise hav u forgotten ur bros saga I.e involvement in sponsoring and helping Deadly BH group, secondly or d way a state in d eastern part swindle Eminike just conclude Wcup star?

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by expert555: 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
She we still be using water to wash yash when we shit finish?
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Funjosh(m): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
datguru: Mtcheew . Imaginary images

grin CLAP FOR YOURSELF grin
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by gatiano(m): 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
that is mere laziness on the part of the people, fear of trying things for themselves, greediness and "only me and my family attitude". it is not only ibadan, it is the blackmans' diseases (grief, anxiety, lack of strength, laziness, cowardice, niggardliness, indebtness and oppression) anywhere on the planet

LasGidiOwner: Below is a public water supply next to it is a broken down drainage system in my Ibadan..chai. There is no such thing as pipe borne water here. I weep for my Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Funjosh(m): 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
yejhizkebab: That's far frm the issue.u dnt seem to understand what I mean.kindly read through my quote again

Yes Aunty, i do. I understand you perfectly. GRACIAS
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
Life looks way better when shown in a computer modeled rendition.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by IYANGBALI: 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
alaladakosta: Better things need to be done back home first.let them build their country themself
ibere ote. Eleri bu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband / Queen Naomi Releases Hot New Pictures For Valentine (picture) / How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.