Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan (31514 Views)

A Nlander Experience Buying A Prescribed Drug From A Drug Store That Dint Work. / ZMapp - The Experimental Ebola Drug - Cures American Doctors / Call On The Nigerian Governemt To Request For Ebola Drug From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Samyj247: 7:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
I still stand that NANO SILVA is the cure for Ebola. I wonder wat is wrong with or health sector. Its like they dont even sit down and think at all. The saying that NANO SILVA is a pesticide, is a big conspiracy that every Nigerian should debunk.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Dmentor(f): 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
When shall Nigeria become really independent? USA says ours is pesticide and we believed them & abandoned it. May the 'pesticide' from Japan work...All we need is...CURE.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Liekiller(f): 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dmentor: When shall Nigeria become really independent? USA says ours is pesticide and we believed them & abandoned it. May the 'pesticide' from Japan work...All we need is...CURE.

And when will you ever understand and read about what "ours" really is It was NOT developed by any Nigerian, it was not developed by the US bogus cures company that promoted it in Africa either. It HAS BEEN AROUND FOR MANY YEARS. It has been studied scientifically. It's used as a surface desinfectant, pesticide etc. It is NOT a cure for ebola. The US did not declare it a pesticide to spite Nigeria. It was a pesticide long before ebola even came to West Africa.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
milehigh06:

see as Africans just show how ungrateful they areyou sit behind your computer probably in one village,scared to step outside to buy pure water because of Ebola and busy ranting against America that does not owe you anything for not giving you hand-outs and then jump in excitement as you hear that japan will be giving you hand-outs while at the same time asking questions that make you seem ungrateful when your president is busy sacking drs while those same drs are busy running away from patients and all the while,you still blame America for not giving you hand-outs......can you see that its the same thing over and over againyou ask for hand-out,they refuse,you abuse them,they give you,you abuse them while you cant do jack for yourself
all I see in this shitload u wrote is handout, handout, are u retardedd?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
It is a good move. But, they must allow the drug to past through the FDA first before even planning to test it on any human suffering from Ebola in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Bawss1(m): 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
phreakabit:

American apologist. What do you stand to gain or prove by insulting one stating his own opinion?

Opinions are overrated. Even though insults should be avoided people should not showcase stupĂ­dity under the guise of airing opinions.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
Samyj247: I still stand that NANO SILVA is the cure for Ebola. I wonder wat is wrong with or health sector. Its like they dont even sit down and think at all. The saying that NANO SILVA is a pesticide, is a big conspiracy that every Nigerian should debunk.

Stop displaying a primitive man's mentality. You are trying to disgrace Nigeria here. This has been debated over and over again that NANO SILVA has no efficacy of curing Ebola as it was all based on speculation. The inventor couldn't prove the product meant for other purposes would be effective against EVD.

You seem to be suspicious of everything foreign yet there is no ethical proof that nano silver is even tested before making such claim. You see you have to test and observe before saying something like that works. Not by coming to the public and speculate about it. Please, go and sleep in your dark-night-forest village until electricity gets there.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Bawss1(m): 8:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
The way many people think here is shocking. They conveniently overlook their own country's shortcoming in not having a strong scientific/pharmaceutical base so as to develop medicines that will benefit them, instead these people have the effrontery to demand abuse or talk down foreign countries that are making progress in this regard.

This effontery is followed by an unjust sense of entitlement and all of these are the hallmarks of indolence.

Nairalanders use your brains!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
calebo101:

What is even wrong with the way you reason?

They explained that they do not have it in large doses and only gave it to hard hit stricken countries like Guinea...

Una own na to beef people for their own property.

Can't you guys do research and find out solutions to a pending problem?

Blame America for everything, hian

We're used to it by now.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by dazzlingbeau(f): 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
Just wow.. grin
calebo101:

They explained that they do not have it in large doses and only gave it to hard hit stricken countries like Guinea...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by ohimai83: 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
calebo101:

Don't mind them. When they mistakenly impregnate thier girl friends they blame it on the US. SMH.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
Samyj247: I still stand that NANO SILVA is the cure for Ebola. I wonder wat is wrong with or health sector. Its like they dont even sit down and think at all. The saying that NANO SILVA is a pesticide, is a big conspiracy that every Nigerian should debunk.

But it's not, at least not on it's own. Someone did die even though they were on it and was not cured.

Ebola, in my opinion can be fought of by someone with a strong and undamaged immune system (many secondary contacts have survived).

The best thing and what we're missing is adequate care in an intensive care unit of a hospital. We lack that care, we need to place people on IV, dutifully care for them and not just leave them to die with their unborn babies rotten away inside them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Samyj247: 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=all4naija]
[i]
You seem to be suspicious of everything foreign yet there is no ethical proof that nano silver is even tested before making such claim. You see you have to test and observe before saying something like that works.

I want to ask you a question!!!
Was an avenue for NANO SILVA to be tested, put in place.? Who knows if the drug produced in Japan is not produced by the US.
Was the Japanese drug tested? If yes, why would Nano silver not be put to the test.

I strongly believe Dr. Rima. It takes love for humanity, to come out and publish the kind of statement she made on air.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Liekiller(f): 9:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=Samyj247][/quote]

love for humanity when her bogus cures and conspiracy theories are putting lives at risk and contributing to the spread of ebola? when her bogus cures are selled for up to 250$ for a tiny bottle on her various websites full of manipulative lies? seriously?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
MissMeiya: It is becoming increasingly obvious that the health mod has a grudge against America. From whipping up anti-American sentiment with misleading to outright FALSE headlines during the whole Nanosilver debacle, now today, the American pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline began human trials for an Ebola vaccine. But we get an article about an experimental flu drug from Japan, that they want to TEST to see if it works on Ebola. I doubt very much that thread will make it to the front page. Ever.

Seun, your health mod is behaving despicably. Aren't moderators supposed to be impartial? Unless they aren't. After all, it's your site.

EDIT: Is there a reason this post was hidden? The last time you hid my post was last month, in one of the numerous Nanosilver threads, when I wrote: "I know what you are doing. I see you." What exactly is your deal? Does Seun approve of you hiding posts that expose you?

The only mod of substance on Nairaland is JustWise in travel.

The rest are.....well....
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by oshosjf(m): 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
calebo101:

i no blame u na. why u no go talk like dis? wen ebola neva catch u or ur family members? Since wen did Nigeria bcome a research oriented country. and u expect people who already av d disease to sit and wait for our non research oriented scientists to bring out a drug wen u know dey cant jst develop dat culture overnite. u are wicked.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
CityNG:

The only mod of substance on Nairaland is JustWise in travel.

The rest are.....well....

Don't be surprised if your quote gets hidden too. Someone quoted me last month, to ask me what the mod was doing, and his post got hidden.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by ttmacoy: 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
lilprinze: Nice 1 I pray it works shame on US and their ZMAPP if they think we would come and kneel down and beg them for their ZMAPP God has proved them wrong to hell with their ZMAPP .

Please stop reasoning like an illiterate. There were only about 12 or so vaccines of zmapp as opposed to 20000 of this vaccine, and if you read between the lines they are pretty much using Africans and Nigerians as guinea pigs to test the vaccine.

Just stop all the anti American sentiment and focus on sorting out the epidemic.

If not for thus same America you guys would be using nano silver which will probably cause more issues while not doing anything against ebola

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
MissMeiya:

Don't be surprised if your quote gets hidden too. Someone quoted me last month, to ask me what the mod was doing, and his post got hidden.

Oh it's okay they can hide it, I'll still get a paycheck on Friday in my real world lol

It just shows that Nigerian mentality. Give an average Nigerian some power and it goes straight to their heads.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by ceejayluv(m): 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
MissMeiya: It is becoming increasingly obvious that the health mod has a grudge against America. From whipping up anti-American sentiment with misleading to outright FALSE headlines during the whole Nanosilver debacle, Now, we get an article about a flu drug from Japan, that they want to TEST to see if it works on Ebola. But, today, American pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline began human trials for an Ebola vaccine. I doubt very much that thread will make it to the front page. Ever.

Seun, your health mod is behaving despicably. Aren't moderators supposed to be impartial? Unless they aren't. After all, it's your site.

EDIT: Is there a reason this post was hidden? The last time you hid my post was last month, in one of the numerous Nanosilver threads, when I wrote: "I know what you are doing. I see you." What exactly is your deal? Does Seun approve of you hiding posts that expose you?
Who knows,, Seun may be an anti-West, nanosilver-thumping conspiracy theorist in disguise as well...

#runs from the thread#!
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by ttmacoy: 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
lrguru: Since this drug is not from a black man/ Nigeria, the americans won't call it pesticide....smh. Anyways I don't blame them, I blame our MOH who only believes that a Nigerian can never find any cure to any disease.

I only pray this drug works and I also hope it does not have any electrical component inside o, cos japanese technology is electronically wonderful. We don't want any of the recovered victim to be operated with remote control

Well when Nigerians stop trying to eat where they didn't sow and invest in research then they will be taken serious. Rise up and speak against your government spending the N1.9bn on cars instead of investing in Nigeria's ability to deal effectively with this and any future epidemics. Invest the money in science and research and stop begging around. A whole giant of Africa.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
Samyj247: I want to ask you a question!!!
Was an avenue for NANO SILVA to be tested, put in place.? Who knows if the drug produced in Japan is not produced by the US.
Was the Japanese drug tested? If yes, why would Nano silver not be put to the test.

I strongly believe Dr. Rima. It takes love for humanity, to come out and publish the kind of statement she made on air.

First and foremost, I like the way you ask a question but you seem to want to emphasize that Nano Silver was really a cure for Ebola because it is coming from a Nigerian.That is sentiment! Remember he is based in the USA though, meaning he is familiar with the way things work in the medical field.

Secondly, he should ask for avenue to be created when his product has been documented and published. There has to be agreement by the medical community that it has no element that is dangerous to human health and follows rules of laboratory test or observation on mice,etc. When those have been ascertained then he can now present evidences for the reason why they have to give him the platform to try his product on human. We have seen what such mistakes have caused pharmaceutical giants like Pfizer and GSK. None of these has been followed by our overly acclaimed illustrious doctor who is said to have a cure for Ebola Virus Disease.

For example, the Japanese never speculated their drug can cure EVD but it was what was planned to treat the Ebola Virus Disease in the past. Meaning there have been laboratory tests on other animals and probably on human before bringing forward for it to pass the FDA approval before even testing it on Ebola patients in Africa. That is the first step to take not speculating as in the case of Nano Silver supplement. It is even a supplement and some of the components is also used in treating odor of shoes,etc. So it is nothing new the medical community is not aware of about the product. However, before you start to be suspicious of the potential cure of Nano Silver being repressed by USA you need to read one or more information about it.

The Nigerian inventor(I like to use that word for nationalistic purpose) couldn't put forward a detailed analysis and provide evidence to test the drug . He later claimed he has sent a sample to the WHO for verification, which the organization said it is not in their position to verify any drug as its duty is different. That is after claiming it can cure EVD without test. That is very unethical in the medical field. It means he is speculating without even providing or presenting a peer-to-peer article. Jeez! The world is far beyond that kind of primitive man's notion of trying to poison people. Even a layman like me on the medical field knows very well he is just a blatant speculator.

Please, you are not so much different from other Nigerians in their snoopy nature. It has been said it's Japanese. Why would you have to think it is American at all? You have a mentality of not trusting people. It is your nature, dude. I can see the reason why Nigerians cannot cooperate very well about their different ethnicity. Jeez!

On the final note, it is not love for humanity he intended to put forward the Nano Silver but for the love of making money. If not he should have followed the medical ethics to have his product examined. We have seen that kind of trend on HIV/AIDS cure cases in Nigeria before. There are Nigerians whose medical products are patented in the USA. And if there's anything right about Nano Silver as a cure for EVD, believe me, it would be patented and accepted as a cure for EVD.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by ceejayluv(m): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2014

There we go again.....

www.sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=78062
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by phreakabit(m): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
MissMeiya: It is becoming increasingly obvious that the health mod has a grudge against America. From whipping up anti-American sentiment with misleading to outright FALSE headlines during the whole Nanosilver debacle, now today, the American pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline began human trials for an Ebola vaccine. But we get an article about an experimental flu drug from Japan, that they want to TEST to see if it works on Ebola. I doubt very much that thread will make it to the front page. Ever.

Your assertion and inferences are outright childish and somewhat far fetched. Its worrying how a handful of you in hear go berserk and jump into a wild frenzy throwing accusations around, when America is mentioned. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I for one see America as profiteering capitalists whose only reason for not giving Nigeria Zmapp was the fear of having a survivor we could use for blood transfusions. . . common knowledge the health system in Liberia and the rest is non-existent. But that's just me. Who cares? Yes most of the mods are IMO incompetent and biased (tribally), but Anti-America? Lmao! Piece of advice , u can't steer two courses. You are either American or Nigerian. Choose. Jews regardless of were they are, are Israeli. Its cool to love America but being too emotional just makes you vulnerable.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Liekiller(f): 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
oshosjf:
i no blame u na. why u no go talk like dis? wen ebola neva catch u or ur family members? Since wen did Nigeria bcome a research oriented country. and u expect people who already av d disease to sit and wait for our non research oriented scientists to bring out a drug wen u know dey cant jst develop dat culture overnite. u are wicked.

nobody was saying that victims should not receive the best care or medicine that is available. However, it is dumb and unfair to blame those who HAVE invested billions in research instead of our own useless leaders who have stolen billions over the years. If they just stopped stealing and invested everything they have stolen in education, then Nigeria wouldn't need to rely on foreign aid. well, as long as the cure will come from another country, stop bashing them for nothing or stop demanding a cure from them.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
phreakabit:

Your assertion and inference are outright childish and somewhat far fetched. Its worrying how a handful of you in hear go berserk and jump into a wild frenzy throwing accusations around, when America is mentioned. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I for one see America as profiteering capitalist whose only reason for not giving Nigeria Zmapp was the fear of having a survivor we could use for blood transfusions.
But that's just me. Who cares? Yes most of the mods are IMO incompetent and biased (tribally), but Anti-America? Lmao! Piece of advice , u can't steer two courses. You are either American or Nigerian. Choose. Jews regardless of were they are, are Israeli. Its cool to love America but being too emotional just makes you vulnerable.

Some of us are managing both successfully.

It takes being educated though.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by ceejayluv(m): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
phreakabit:

Your assertion and inference are outright childish and somewhat far fetched. Its worrying how a handful of you in hear go berserk and jump into a wild frenzy throwing accusations around, when America is mentioned. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I for one see America as profiteering capitalist whose only reason for not giving Nigeria Zmapp was the fear of having a survivor we could use for blood transfusions.
But that's just me. Who cares? Yes most of the mods are IMO incompetent and biased (tribally), but Anti-America? Lmao! Piece of advice , u can't steer two courses. You are either American or Nigerian. Choose. Jews regardless of were they are, are Israeli. Its cool to love America but being too emotional just makes you vulnerable.

That's some high-octane bullshit @ the bolded there.... did you miss the part that like 50% of victims typically survive the EVD... It's a fact documented by western medical researchers themselves. There's no way we wouldn't have had survivors, zmapp or not and they know it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by phreakabit(m): 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
ceejayluv:

That's some high-octane bullshit @ the bolded there.... did you miss the part that like 50% of victims typically survive the EVD... It's a fact documented by western medical researchers themselves. There's no way we wouldn't have had survivors, zmapp or not and they know it.

Our application for Zmapp was turned down prior to the 50% survival rate u speak of .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by ceejayluv(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
phreakabit:

Our application for Zmapp was turned down prior to the 50% survival rate u speak of .
Yeah, but hundreds had survived it in other parts of West Africa by then. Ebola has NEVER killed 100 percent of infected since 1976 .... Right from when zmapp or any other experimental drug hadn't even been conceptualised....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Liekiller(f): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
phreakabit:

Err...the epidemic has been going on for 6 months

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

600 New COVID-19 Cases, 341 Discharged And 3 Deaths On July 17 - (3024 Tested) / AT 21, She Has Never Menstruated Before: She Needs Medical advice / Baby Born In Makurdi With Rare Medical Condition Whose Pics Went Viral Dies(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.