Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan (31492 Views)

A Nlander Experience Buying A Prescribed Drug From A Drug Store That Dint Work. / ZMapp - The Experimental Ebola Drug - Cures American Doctors / Call On The Nigerian Governemt To Request For Ebola Drug From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:02am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/13/world/africa/ebola.html?_r=0
I do not see the Spanish asking for the drug before Nigeria in your article. The doctor that was deliberated on was not even Spanish.

So where in this article does it state the Spanish asked for the drug before Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:04am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija: Smh... Was it before the use on the American doctors? You need to read and comprehend. That link said it was tested on 21 monkeys. Bwahaha...
So what are you laughing about. Where in the article did it say the test was done before the American doctors? That was a new report announced on Friday.

That is NBC News website.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:11am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/13/world/africa/ebola.html?_r=0
By the way, No where in this article did they say the drug deliberated on was ZMapp. Note TKM-Ebola was already ready before the Americans were treated with ZMapp. So the deliberation could have been on TKM-Ebola. To save Dr Sheik Kumar Khan. May God bless his soul.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: So what are you laughing about. Where in the article did it say the test was done before the American doctors? That was a new report announced on Friday.

That is NBC News website.

What are you talking about? That doesn't meant anything not because the article was written on Friday everything explained in it was about Friday issue. Please, you aren't helping yourself looking at your views on this matter. I wish you read that link to have understanding of it. Those two doctors receiving ZMAPP precluded the tests on monkeys.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 2:13am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: By the way, No where in this article did they say the drug deliberated on was ZMapp. Note TKM-Ebola was already ready before the Americans were treated with ZMapp. So the deliberation could have been on TKM-Ebola. To save Dr Sheik Kumar Khan. May God bless his soul.
It is! I even posted image below of an excerpt from it with ZMAPP stated there.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:13am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
What are you talking about? That doesn't meant anything not because the article was written on Friday everything explained in it was about Friday issue. Please, you aren't helping yourself looking at your views on this matter. I wish you read that link to have understanding of it. Those two doctors receiving ZMAPP precluded the tests on monkeys.
Yes or no. Did the article say the tests were carried out before the treatment of the doctors?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 2:14am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: I do not see the Spanish asking for the drug before Nigeria in your article. The doctor that was deliberated on was not even Spanish.

So where in this article does it state the Spanish asked for the drug before Nigeria?
It is the Spanish priest, Pajares. You didn't read it further down. You just skimmed through and come back here to post another of your assumption as usual. Bwahaha...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 2:16am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Yes or no. Did the article say the tests were carried out before the treatment of the doctors?
Yes, it did!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:17am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija: It is! I even posted image below of an excerpt from it with ZMAPP stated there.
The doctor who had been leading Sierra Leone’s battle against the Ebola outbreak was now fighting for his own life, and his international colleagues faced a fateful decision: whether to give him a drug that had never before been tested on people.

Would the drug, known as ZMapp, help the stricken doctor? Or would it perhaps harm or even kill one of the country’s most prominent physicians, a man considered a national hero, shattering the already fragile public trust in international efforts to contain the world’s worst Ebola outbreak?

If you read this, there is no part saying the experimental drug was ZMapp.

Secondly, when the Americans were treated, Sanjay Gupta said it was a secret serum. A drug deliberated by members of the WHO can not be a secret.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:19am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija: Yes, it did!
Can you paste the segment?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:23am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
It is the Spanish priest, Pajares. You didn't read it further down. You just skimmed through and come back here to post another of your assumption as usual. Bwahaha...
Paste the segment of the article that stated that the Spanish asked for the drug before August 6th.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 2:26am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Can you paste the segment?
"And the strain tested in the monkeys is not the same strain as the one’s that’s spreading in West Africa. But Kobinger says ZMapp may well work against both strains...On Thursday, U.S. government researchers said they’d start human trials(remember the two American doctors where the first human trial) of an experimental vaccine next week, and other vaccines are in the works." ---Culled from your previous link. Why would they continue to test it on monkeys when the trial worked on humans?

For a remind the test on monkeys we are talking about is done in Canada not in the USA.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: The doctor who had been leading Sierra Leone’s battle against the Ebola outbreak was now fighting for his own life, and his international colleagues faced a fateful decision: whether to give him a drug that had never before been tested on people.

Would the drug, known as ZMapp, help the stricken doctor? Or would it perhaps harm or even kill one of the country’s most prominent physicians, a man considered a national hero, shattering the already fragile public trust in international efforts to contain the world’s worst Ebola outbreak?

If you read this, there is no part saying the experimental drug was ZMapp.

Secondly, when the Americans were treated, Sanjay Gupta said it was a secret serum. A drug deliberated by members of the WHO can not be a secret.
I am not talking about the stricken doctor but the priest (Pajares)request possibly before he was airlifted. That article is very long. I don't know what you are talking about?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:30am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
"And the strain tested in the monkeys is not the same strain as the one’s that’s spreading in West Africa. But Kobinger says ZMapp may well work against both strains...On Thursday, U.S. government researchers said they’d start human trials(remember the two American doctors where the first human trial) of an experimental vaccine next week, and other vaccines are in the works." ---Culled from your previous link. Why would they continue to test it on monkeys when the trial worked on humans?

For a remind the test on monkeys we are talking about is done in Canada not in the USA.
The American doctors were not an experimental trial. That was a experimental treatment to save their lives. A clinical trial is a planned and progressive treatment.

Secondly the vaccine to be tested is not the ZMapp drug. ZMapp drug is for treating infected people. The vaccine to be tried is for prevention of the virus.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 2:31am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Paste the segment of the article that stated that the Spanish asked for the drug before August 6th.
You keep beating about the bush. That was before he was airlifted. I am not going to keep repeating myself. Reread my previous posts,dude!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: The American doctors were not an experimental trial. That was a experimental treatment to save their lives. A clinical trial is a planned and progressive treatment.

Secondly the vaccine to be tested is not the ZMapp drug. ZMapp drug is for treating infected people. The vaccine to be tried is for prevention of the virus.
It is because of the circumstances surrounding their condition. That was the first human trial. That is it. Accept it and stop playing on words.It is like saying rain is not water. You are trolling,dude! angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:34am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
I am not talking about the stricken doctor but the priest (Pajares)request possibly before he was airlifted. That article is very long. I don't know what you are talking about?
I gave you a date. By 1pm Nigerian time on the sixth of August, we have already requested for the drug.

So, I never heard of anybody requesting for ZMapp before the Nigerian government. If you believe the Spanish people requested earlier, do you have a source to show they requested earlier?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:38am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
It is because of the circumstances surrounding their condition. That was the first human trial. That is it. Accept it and stop playing on words.It is like saying rain is not water. You are trolling,dude! angry
What you quoted there was a human trial for the vaccine. ZMapp drug/serum used on the American doctors is not a vaccine. So that post does not show the monkey test was before the treatment of the doctors.

Note it was a secret before the doctors were treated. Is report was published on Friday. That is a month later. The reason why the report was just published is because it is a recent study.

If you think otherwise, back it up with facts.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 2:41am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: I gave you a date. By 1pm Nigerian time on the sixth of August, we have already requested for the drug.

So, I never heard of anybody requesting for ZMapp before the Nigerian government. If you believe the Spanish people requested earlier, do you have a source to show they requested earlier?
Nigeria claim to have requested for the drug from CDC in the first place and was after the Spanish priest drug has been deliver. That was the reason the airlifted him to go and receive the treatment in Madrid because the Spanish has already have it read according to the image of the excerpt I posted earlier. The CDC is not responsible for the administering it. Only to find out there is no enough ZMAPP available for Nigeria and other countries, when other west African countries have already put their request forward before Nigeria. None of those countries complained.

Please, go and cry to your leader. Nobody is going to baby-seat Nigeria. You better put the right things in place and fight Ebola than blaming those trying to help. NONSENSE! Nobody owns you anything!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:42am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
Nigeria claim to have requested for the drug from CDC in the first place and was after the Spanish priest drug has been deliver. That was the reason the airlifted him to go and receive the treatment in Madrid because the Spanish has already have it read according to the image of the excerpt I posted earlier. The CDC is not responsible for the administering it. Only to find out there is no enough ZMAPP available for Nigeria and other countries, when other west African countries have already put their request forward before Nigeria. None of those countries complained.

Please, go and cry to your leader. Nobody is going to baby-seat Nigeria. You better put the right things in place and fight Ebola than blaming those trying to help. NONSENSE! Nobody owns you anything!
What date did the drug arrive for the Spanish Priest?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 2:43am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: What you quoted there was a human trial for the vaccine. ZMapp drug/serum used on the American doctors is not a vaccine. So that post does not show the monkey test was before the treatment of the doctors.

Note it was a secret before the doctors were treated. Is report was published on Friday. That is a month later. The reason why the report was just published is because it is a recent study.

If you think otherwise, back it up with facts.
Smh... The vaccine would be on production soon by GSK. That wast the first human trial of ZMAPP. ZMAPP is not a vaccin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: What date did the drug arrive for the Spanish Priest?
It was before he was airlifted. He died on August 7 and Nigeria(according to your claim) requested for it on August 6. Doesn't that make sense the Spanish priest requested for it before Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:47am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija: It was before he was airlifted. He died on August 7 and Nigeria(according to your claim) requested for it on August 6. Doesn't that make sense the Spanish priest requested for it before Nigeria.
By the 10th of August, the Priest had not gotten ZMapp.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:49am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija: Smh... The vaccine would be on production soon by GSK. That wast the first human trial of ZMAPP. ZMAPP is not a vaccin
Now I ask you again. Did the article say the trials of the Monkeys was done before the treatment of the American doctors?

What you quoted before did not say so.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 2:53am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: What you quoted [size=16pt]there was a human trial for the vaccine.[/size] ZMapp drug/serum used on the American doctors is not a vaccine.

Hi.

MissMeiya: It is becoming increasingly obvious that the health mod has a grudge against America. From whipping up anti-American sentiment with misleading to outright FALSE headlines during the whole Nanosilver debacle, Now, we get an article about a flu drug from Japan, that they want to TEST to see if it works on Ebola. [size=16pt]But, today, American pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline began human trials for an Ebola vaccine.[/size] I doubt very much that thread will make it to the front page. Ever.

Seun, your health mod is behaving despicably. Aren't moderators supposed to be impartial? Unless they aren't. After all, it's your site.

EDIT: Is there a reason this post was hidden? The last time you hid my post was last month, in one of the numerous Nanosilver threads, when I wrote: "I know what you are doing. I see you." What exactly is your deal? Does Seun approve of you hiding posts that expose you?

That's the vaccine he's talking about. Not ZMapp. Different company.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:58am On Sep 03, 2014
MissMeiya:

Hi.

That's the vaccine he's talking about.
Hi Good Morning.

We were talking about the recent trials of ZMapp. I pointed out that it was reported that the experimental drug was in limited supply to help save lives. Especially, one for Doctor Ameyo Adadevoh.

Now the Americans are publishing a journal carrying out trials on eighteen monkeys with ZMapp.

So he tried to make it look like it was not true and pointed out that human trials was to begin. I am letting him know that that statement was for vaccine and not ZMapp drug.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:02am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
Why would they continue to test it on monkeys when the trial worked on humans?

The question should be.

WHY TEST MONKEYS WITH DRUGS IN LIMITED SUPPLY EVEN AFTER WHO SAID IT IS ETHICAL TO USE EXPERIMENTAL DRUGS TO TRY AND SAVE LIVES?

They should have brought the drugs to try and save lives and have a better report. It would save a lot of time. My guess is that it is just a delay tactics to delay the drug reaching Nigeria and Africa.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 3:02am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: By the 10th of August, the Priest had not gotten the drug.
They received the drug over the weekend before the day he died, on Tuesday, August 12, 2014. That means they have requested for it before that time. That's the arrival time.

Corrigendum: The priest died August 12th not 7th. He's airlifted on August 7th.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/ebola/11028110/Ebola-outbreak-Missionary-priest-with-the-virus-dies-after-being-repatriated-to-Spain-from-Liberia.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 3:05am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: The question should be.

WHY TEST MONKEYS WITH DRUGS IN LIMITED SUPPLY EVEN AFTER WHO SAID IT IS ETHICAL TO USE EXPERIMENTAL DRUGS TO TRY AND SAVE LIVES?

They should have brought the drugs to try and save lives and have a better report. It would save a lot of time. My guess is that it is just a delay tactics to delay the drug reaching Nigeria and Africa.
Where is that line in regards to the tests on the monkey in Canada from? Stop beating about the bush again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:10am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija: They received the drug over the weekend of the day he died on Tuesday. That means they have requested for it before that time. That's the arrival time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/ebola/11028110/Ebola-outbreak-Missionary-priest-with-the-virus-dies-after-being-repatriated-to-Spain-from-Liberia.html
The drug could be requested and gotten in short time.

The British Doctor being treated with the drug got it in a short space of time.

By the 10th of August, the Spanish people had not gotten it. So your over the weekend does not add up. By the 10th of August, the drug had not arrived. So what is your proof the Spanish requested for the drug before Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: The drug could be requested and gotten in short time.

The British Doctor being treated with the drug got it in a short space of time.

By the 10th of August, the Spanish people had not gotten it. So your over the weekend does not add up. By the 10th of August, the drug had not arrived. So what is your proof the Spanish requested for the drug before Nigeria?

The statement on 'over the weekend' is not coming from me but the link I posted earlier. Did you even check the link?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:12am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija: Where is that line in regards to the tests on the monkey in Canada from? Stop beating about the bush again.
What is your point? A recent report was submitted. Using a drug in limited supply to do trials on monkeys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

600 New COVID-19 Cases, 341 Discharged And 3 Deaths On July 17 - (3024 Tested) / AT 21, She Has Never Menstruated Before: She Needs Medical advice / GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.