Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,183 members, 7,953,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:53 PM

Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan (31652 Views)

A Nlander Experience Buying A Prescribed Drug From A Drug Store That Dint Work. / ZMapp - The Experimental Ebola Drug - Cures American Doctors / Call On The Nigerian Governemt To Request For Ebola Drug From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Please, I wonder how you can say Nigerians were not denied ZMapp Experimental drug.
. An American brought the virus into the country. Yet, we were denied.
Get your fact straight, he is a Liberian-American and he contracted the disease in Liberia. You are bent on conspiracy theory. I can see it in your tone. You need to get civilized, man.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: The Spanish Priest died 12th of August 2014. The first Nigerian nurse died 6th of August. You are the one assuming.
Where is your source, liar?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:37am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
The Spanish priest died on Tuesday and Patrick Sawyer died in Lagos on Thursday of the same week. How is possible Nigerian health minister requested for the drug before the Spanish? It has affected handful of people before the plan to get the drug. Please, stop assuming sh*t!
By July 30th, Liberian had entered Nigeria. To August 12th is the same week?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: By July 30th, Liberian had entered Nigeria. To August 12th is the same week?
Provide your source or remain silent and move on with your miserable life.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:41am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
Where is your source, liar?
Sawyer’s sister, Princess had died of the deadly virus on Monday, July 7, 2014 at the Catholic Hospital in Monrovia. On Friday, July 25, 2014, 18 days later, Sawyer died in Lagos
http://crofsblogs.typepad.com/h5n1/2014/07/ebola-in-nigeriapatrick-sawyers-final-hours-in-lagos.html
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:44am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
Provide your source or remain silent and move on with your miserable life.
Spanish priest dies of Ebola in Madrid hospital

Tue, Aug 12, 2014,
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/africa/spanish-priest-dies-of-ebola-in-madrid-hospital-1.1894589
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:47am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija: Get your fact straight, he is a Liberian-American and he contracted the disease in Liberia. You are bent on conspiracy theory. I can see it in your tune. You need to get civilized, man.
Please I am not talking conspiracy theory here but ethics. The man is a regular visitor of America. He has an American Passport. He is American of Liberian origin.

Americans should have been sympathetic to our health workers who were infected by an American. They did nothing and let them die. Sitting on drugs that could have saved them.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 12:55am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Please I am not talking conspiracy theory here but ethics. The man is a regular visitor of America. He has an American Passport. He is American of Liberian origin.

Americans should have been sympathetic to our health workers who were infected by an American. They did nothing and let them die. Sitting on drugs that could have saved them.
You are. He contracted the disease in Liberia(west Africa not USA). If he regularly go to USA and have family there. How does that prove America is to blame for the Ebola in Nigeria?

There's no enough of the ZMAPP drug available when Nigerian health minister requested for it. He's not turned down. It is good Nigerians learn to follow protocol and stop peddling false information. This can lead to not receiving helps from those who would be interested to render assistance to Nigerians in a very dire situation in the future. You should mind the way you assume or pass rumor across as fact!

There is another American infested with the EVD as I type this post.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:59am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
You are. He contracted the disease in Liberia(west Africa not USA). If he regularly go to USA and have family there. How does that prove America is to blame for the Ebola in Nigeria?

There's no enough of the ZMAPP drug available when Nigerian health minister requested for it. He's not turned down. It is good Nigerians learn to follow protocol and stop peddling false information. This can lead to not receiving helps from those who would be interested to rendering assistance to Nigerians in a very dire situation in the future. You should mind the way you assume or pass rumor across as fact!

If an American breaks his leg in London, he is an American that broke his leg in London.

If an American gets infected with a virus and goes to another country and infects people, he is an American infecting people.

I am not blaming America. But, saying they should have been sympathetic to our health workers since an American infected them.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:01am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:

There's no enough of the ZMAPP drug available when Nigerian health minister requested for it. He's not turned down. It is good Nigerians learn to follow protocol and stop peddling false information. This can lead to not receiving helps from those who would be interested to rendering assistance to Nigerians in a very dire situation in the future. You should mind the way you assume or pass rumor across as fact!

The infected American doctor will still get the ZMapp drug.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:07am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:

The president of Doctors Without Borders sharply criticized what she called the "global coalition of inaction" for focusing on insulating their nations instead of helping those in Africa who need it most.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/02/health/ebola-outbreak/index.html
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Sawyer’s sister, Princess had died of the deadly virus on Monday, July 7, 2014 at the Catholic Hospital in Monrovia. On Friday, July 25, 2014, 18 days later, Sawyer died in Lagos
http://crofsblogs.typepad.com/h5n1/2014/07/ebola-in-nigeriapatrick-sawyers-final-hours-in-lagos.html
It is a week different from Sawyer's death. The priest was airlifted August 7 after requesting for the drug and Sawyer died 25 July and Nigeria requested for the treatment
Can't you provide me the source when Nigeria requested for the ZMAPP from USA?

This is what the Nigerian health minister said himself. I quote, '' But Chukwu told journalists in Abuja on Thursday that he was not aware that the US had turned down requests for the experimental drug.''

http://abusidiqu.com/obama-reject-nigerias-request-ebola-experimental-drug-zmapp/

Stop peddling false information.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: The infected American doctor will still get the ZMapp drug.
Lol... You are really mad. GSK is producing the Ebola vaccine that would be tested on human already. Move on with you helpless cry. Nobody cares! I don't know what you are contributing to humanity as a Nigerian than frame up wrong information. You are among those disgracing that country indeed. That is a big shame on your side.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: The president of Doctors Without Borders sharply criticized what she called the "global coalition of inaction" for focusing on insulating their nations instead of helping those in Africa who need it most.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/02/health/ebola-outbreak/index.html
Nonsense! I thought Africans don't need the West help. Bwahaha...

Still, the west will keep on saving your bottoms like babies.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:15am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
It is a week different from Sawyer's death. The priest was airlifted August 7 after requesting for the drug and Sawyer died 25 July and Nigeria requested for the treatment

This is what the Nigerian health minister said himself. I quote, '' But Chukwu told journalists in Abuja on Thursday that he was not aware that the US had turned down requests for the experimental drug.''

http://abusidiqu.com/obama-reject-nigerias-request-ebola-experimental-drug-zmapp/

Which one is false information? President Obama gave his reasons why the drug would not be sent to Nigeria and Africa. I explained that earlier.

They also LIED that they have run out of supply, sending only three to Africa. Yet, they ran tests on Monkeys with it. If Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu still does not get the message, then his incompetency is frightening.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:17am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
Nonsense! I thought Africans don't need the West help. Bwahaha...

Still, the west will keep on saving your bottoms like babies.
I wonder where you dug your logic from. Places like Ethiopia, Somalia etc do not need help? Please they are more developed than us. Till we make prominent strides, we will also need help. Even billionaires need help from doctors to maintain their health.

The Americans needed the help of the Canadians to battle Ebola and create ZMapp.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:19am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija: Lol... You are really mad. GSK is producing the Ebola vaccine that would be tested on human already. Move on with you helpless cry. Nobody cares! I don't know what you are contributing to humanity as a Nigerian than frame up wrong information. You are among those disgracing that country indeed. That is a big shame on your side.
What is the wrong information?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Which one is false information? President Obama gave his reasons why the drug would not be sent to Niger and Africa. I explained that earlier.

They also LIED that they have run out of supply, sending only three to Africa. Yet, they ran tests on Monkeys with it. If Prof. Onyebuchi Child still does not get the message, then his incompetency is frightening.
Yes, not when it is not available in a enough quantity. Again, you didn't provide a source where Obama rejected Nigeria the drug than words of mouth. Most of the Nigerian online news are filled with sentiments and assumptions and those are the kinds of source you usually post. Now that you think you have been able to prove the reason Obama did want to give it to Nigeria. Why don't you move on with you miserable life?

When did they run the test on monkey after given it to humans? Jeez! Your logic is laughable. Please, you aren't bringing in anything worth looking into because it doesn't make sense.

Forget the Nigerian doctor's Nano Silver. It is not ethically viable not to mention it as worth looking it. I am glad the Nigerian government didn't fall for the trap.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:26am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:

From 25th of July to August 7th is not one week. By the 5th of August, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu had already contacted the Americans for ZMapp. That was a day after Sanjay Gupta of CNN revealed his details on ZMapp.

Look at this Nairaland post date and time.

1:07pm On Aug 06
Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee
https://www.nairaland.com/1845414/ebola-nigeria-reaches-out-u.s
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: What is the wrong information?
All your assumptions without evidences than words of mouth. The links you provided never said Obama rejected Nigeria the drug(even the health minister that ask for the drug clear that) that based on their speculations. Yet, you are still holding on to such bogus information. Jeez!
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:29am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
Yes, not when it is not available in a enough quantity. Again, you didn't provide a source where Obama rejected Nigeria the drug than words of mouth. Most of the Nigerian online news are filled with sentiments and assumptions and those are the kinds of source you usually post. Now that you think you have been able to prove the reason Obama did want to give it to Nigeria. Why don't you move on with you miserable life?

When did they run the test on monkey after given it to humans? Jeez! Your logic is laughable. Please, you aren't bringing in anything worth looking into because it doesn't make sense.

Forget the Nigerian doctor's Nano Silver. It is not ethically viable not to mention it as worth looking it. I am glad the Nigerian government didn't fall for the trap.
What do you mean by rejecting Nigeria by Word of mouth?

You are funny we reached out. The American president said medicine should take its course. So no experimental treatment. How else do you want him to say no again?

This now is dragging, not debating.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: From 25th of July to August 7th is not one week. By the 5th of August, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu had already contacted the Americans for ZMapp. That was a day after Sanjay Gupta of CNN revealed his details on ZMapp.

Look at this Nairaland post date and time.

Do you get it at all? The Spanish had requested for the drug before the priest was airlifted from Africa and died in Madrid on August 7th. Keep making fool of yourself. Jeez!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:30am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
All your assumptions without evidences than words of mouth. The links you provided never said Obama rejected Nigeria the drug(even the health minister that ask for the drug clear that) that based on their speculations. Yet, you are still holding on to such bogus information. Jeez!
We asked for the drugs. They gave us flimsy reasons why they will not give the drug.

So which one is an assumption?
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:32am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
Do you get it at all? The Spanish had requested for the drug before the priest was airlifted from Africa and died in Madrid on August 7th. Keep making fool of yourself. Jeez!
By the 5th of August, our government had requested for the drugs. I gave you a source. Now give me your source of the Spanish government requesting for the drug before August 5th.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 1:33am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: What do you mean by rejecting Nigeria by Word of mouth?

You are funny we reached out. The American president said medicine should take its course. So no experimental treatment. How else do you want him to say no again?

This now is dragging, not debating.
What do you expect him to say of a limited drug? Give the drug to Nigeria or face death! Bwahaha... Was that line addressed to Nigeria? Keep making fool of yourself. Please, provide a source for Obama statement where it is directed to Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:35am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
What do you expect him to say of a limited drug? Give the drug to Nigeria or face death! Bwahaha... Was that line addressed to Nigeria? Keep making fool of yourself. Please, provide a source for Obama statement where it is directed to Nigeria.
You are funny. A limited drug that was enough to carry out multiple test on monkeys. President Obama should think of a better lie. They sent three to Liberia. Why not give us one for Dr Ameyo Adadevoh?

Please, your source that the Spanish requested for the drug before Prof. Onyebuchi.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: By the 5th of August, our government have requested for the drugs. I gave you a source. Now give me your source of the Spanish government requesting for the drug before August 5th.
You never provided a source that said Nigeria requested for the ZMAPP on August 5th. You only post the one about Sawyer's death. The fact that Nigeria requested for the drug when USA mission to Nigeria visit the minister in Abuja after reporting the 3rd case of Ebola patient after the Liberian-American death in July 25th. And Nigeria record the first case August of a Nigerian doctor on August 4th while the third case was after about a week or more days before the request. You are a liar.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/18/ebola-why-us-won%E2%80%99t-give-nigeria-experimental-drug-zmapp-%E2%80%94-us-ambassador
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 1:45am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: You are funny. A limited drug that was enough to carry out multiple test on monkeys. President Obama should think of a better lie. They sent three to Liberia. Why not give us one for Dr Ameyo Adadevoh?

Please, your source that the Spanish requested for the drug before Prof. Onyebuchi.
For your information, president Obama never said that. You can't prove where he said it. When was multiple tests carried out on monkeys? The fact that it has been used on humans before Nigeria asked proves you wrong. Why would there be multiple tests on monkey if it worked on humans before Nigeria asked?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:47am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
You never provided a source that said Nigeria requested for the ZMAPP on August 5th. You only post the one about Sawyer's death. The fact that Nigeria requested for the drug when USA mission to Nigeria visit the minister in Abuja after reporting the 3rd case of Ebola patient after the Liberian-American death in July 25th. And Nigeria record the first case August of a Nigerian doctor on August 4th while the third case was after about a week or more days before the request. You are a liar.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/18/ebola-why-us-won%E2%80%99t-give-nigeria-experimental-drug-zmapp-%E2%80%94-us-ambassador

Sorry by the 6th of august. By 1:07pm a topic on nairaland had a report of our Health Minister contacting the Americans for the drug.

So provide a source of the Spanish people contacting the Americans for the drug on August 5th. Or, an earlier date.
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:53am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija:
For your information, president Obama never said that. You can't prove where he said it. When was multiple tests carried out on monkeys? The fact that it has been used on humans before Nigeria asked proves you wrong. Why would there be multiple tests on monkey if it worked on humans before Nigeria asked?

An experimental treatment used to treat two sick American missionaries saved a batch of monkeys infected with Ebola virus, even days after they got sick, researchers reported on Friday
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/zmapp-saves-sick-monkeys-ebola-study-finds-n191966

29th August 2014
Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/13/world/africa/ebola.html?_r=0

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Receive Favipiravir Ebola Drug From Japan by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
An experimental treatment used to treat two sick American missionaries saved a batch of monkeys infected with Ebola virus, even days after they got sick, researchers reported on Friday
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/zmapp-saves-sick-monkeys-ebola-study-finds-n191966

29th August 2014
Smh... Was it before the use on the American doctors? You need to read and comprehend. That link said it was tested on 21 monkeys. Bwahaha...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

600 New COVID-19 Cases, 341 Discharged And 3 Deaths On July 17 - (3024 Tested) / Olakunle Akinboboye Becomes First Black Chair Of US Cardiovascular Disease Board / Plateau Organ Theft: Seven Other Ex-patients Found With Missing Kidneys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.