Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? (1872 Views)

Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant / 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up / The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Solozzo(m): 4:39am On Sep 03, 2014
What's one thing that your parents taught you while you were young that you will not teach to your kids?
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by texanomaly(f): 4:54am On Sep 03, 2014
I will never say, "Because I said so."

2 Likes

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by stanliwise(m): 5:20am On Sep 03, 2014
I will not teach my children how to discipline someone else with anger.

1 Like

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by stanliwise(m): 5:22am On Sep 03, 2014
And I will advice my children that low self esteem does not means respect and how to say No to injustice.
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by CaptainBomb(m): 6:15am On Sep 03, 2014
The believe that there's someone somewhere who is after your progress all day or who want to kill you.

2 Likes

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by slap1(m): 6:30am On Sep 03, 2014
I think they made me an introvert (they weren't harsh, though). I won't have all my kids be like that.

5 Likes

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by wharlzywee(m): 6:51am On Sep 03, 2014
I will raise my children in a conducive environment where no corruption and group of illiterates exist #love u momma
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Tallesty1(m): 7:14am On Sep 03, 2014
slap1: I think they made me an introvert (they weren't harsh, though). I won't have all my kids be like that.
They have no hand in your introverted personality, you are born that way.
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by MizMyColi(f): 7:48am On Sep 03, 2014

cool grin cheesy
I'll teach my beibees to think for themselves. I'll try not to influence nor teach them what to believe or un-believe, albeit, I have a contagious lifestyle.......they just might catch it cheesy

I'll make it easier to confide in me, without fear of being stoned or judged. (I just started confiding in Mom lately).

I'll teach them that no tribe is inherently bad, no tribe is superior to another. At the base of our beings......we are like God. They must learn to see people of all race, tribes and nations that way.

I'll teach them to embrace idealism more than realism.

3 Likes

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 03, 2014
Will Not teach them not to greet a particular aunty.
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 03, 2014
MizMyColi:

cool grin cheesy
I'll teach my beibees to think for themselves. I'll try not to influence nor teach them what to believe or un-believe, albeit, I have a contagious lifestyle.......they just might catch it cheesy
So you'll raise your children agnostic?
I'll make it easier to confide in me, without fear of being stoned or judged. (I just started confiding in Mom lately).
I'll do the stoning. angry tongue

I'll teach them that no tribe is inherently bad, no tribe is superior to another. At the base of our beings......we are like God. They must learn to see people of all race, tribes and nations that way.

I prefer realism.
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by beejaay: 8:31am On Sep 03, 2014
Plenty things against what i was thought but most importantly i will teach him/her that observation is key to realization so he should observe alot
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 03, 2014

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by slap1(m): 9:03am On Sep 03, 2014
Tallesty1: They have no hand in your introverted personality, you are born that way.
Abi? That's why I said "I think".
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by MizMyColi(f): 9:10am On Sep 03, 2014

Apatheist:
cool Stay off my font! angry

So you'll raise your children agnostic?

LoL....you called me a closet agnostic once. Do agnostics believe God exists?

I'll do the stoning. angry tongue

angry I'll protect them from you, thando tongue

I prefer realism.

Noted undecided
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 03, 2014
MizMyColi:

cool Stay off my font! angry
What are you going to do about it? tongue

LoL....you called me a closet agnostic once. Do agnostics believe God exists?
Agnostics are on the fence. It's a kind of indifferentism-- like Apatheism.
Apatheist: "I don't believe in the existence of gods, and I'd god(s) exist(s) I couldn't care less"
Agnostic: "I don't think it's possible to know whether god(s) exist or not, either way I don't care."

angry I'll protect them from you, thando tongue
You'll "protect" my children from me? angry

Noted undecided
tongue
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by MizMyColi(f): 10:35am On Sep 03, 2014

Apatheist:

What are you going to do about it? tongue

I'll knock you out, with kisses angry

Agnostics are on the fence. It's a kind of indifferentism-- like Apatheism.
Apatheist: "I don't believe in the existence of gods, and if god(s) exist(s) I couldn't care less"
Agnostic: "I don't think it's possible to know whether god(s) exist or not, either way I don't care."

Hmmm.......I'll post an entry on this later.

You'll "protect" my children from me? angry

Try me sad

tongue
undecided
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
MizMyColi:

I'll knock you out, with kisses angry
Should be fun. grin

Hmmm.......I'll post an entry on this later.
Adannaya? tongue

Try me sad

undecided
kiss kiss
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by MizMyColi(f): 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
Apatheist: Should be fun. grin

Adannaya? tongue

kiss kiss
undecided undecided undecided
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
MizMyColi: undecided undecided undecided
kiss kiss kiss
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by texanomaly(f): 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
@ Apatheist and MizMyColi
Nice run... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
That girls have extra duties but boys don't.

5 Likes

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
texanomaly: @ Apatheist and MizMyColi
Nice run... cheesy cheesy cheesy
shocked
embarassed
lipsrsealed
wink
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by freecocoa(f): 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
I'll teach my kids everything my parents taught me, I'll just try so hard not to show any of them he/she is my favorite, that's about the only thing my dad did wrong, he dotted on me too much, so much that my siblings almost hated me when we were kids, thank God for mum though, her wisdom saved the situation.
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by stanliwise(m): 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
wharlzywee: I will raise my children in a conducive environment where no corruption and group of illiterates exist #love u momma
And also teach them how handle corruption and illiterate well incase they come by.
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
MizMyColi:

cool grin cheesy

correct!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by MizMyColi(f): 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
Xcapist: correct!!
smiley
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by sayoberry(f): 6:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
grin
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by ATSOMEH(f): 10:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
Backyard farm work
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by ATSOMEH(f): 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
MizMyColi: smiley
Xcapist: correct!!

Indirect applicant
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 04, 2014
ATSOMEH:

Indirect applicant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by adebrave1(m): 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
Booked, will comment latter

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Women Rape Man To Death In Benue, / This Is How A Maternity Photo Shot Should Look Like, And Not The Usual We See / r

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.