Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,468 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? (1866 Views)

Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant / 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up / The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by egopersonified(f): 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
Going to the village at the slightest excuse.
Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by evavista: 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
opssie! I got the question mixed up.
*** I just answered What Will You Teach Your Children That Your Parents Didn't Teach You ***

I'll teach them it's okay to hug and say I love you to your family members. I'll teach them the importance of family bonding, how daily family time, where we just talk about our day and what progress we've all made in our various endeavors, is very important. I'll teach them that a university education alone doesn't necessarily put food on the table, they need practical real world skills to succeed.
I'll try to make it possible for them to travel wide and see the world and it's diverse culture, and that their world doesn't stop where their little town stops. I'll teach them it's okay to confide in me, I won't judge them, and I'll try not to. I'll try to be their best friend.
I'll be affectionate with their mom openly so that it's clear we're on the same team and there was always us before them. I'll tell them how much I love them often. I'll teach them that no gender is above the other, and girls weren't born to slave away in the kitchen alone. I'll teach them that there are people that are different from us in some aspects and that's alright, as long as it doesn't put us or others in peril they should be open minded and accept others for what they are.
And that men do cry too, and it's okay. I'll teach them that just because people don't believe what you believe doesn't make them bad people and neither do their tribe or race - in this world there are only good people and bad people, and the line between the two is very tiny.
I won't scare them with the hell bullsheit, or any other bullsheit that excites negative emotions.
I'll teach them to question authority and hold their own in the face of tyranny.
I'll teach them to love and preserve nature. I'll teach them that not everything is plain black and white, god dwells in the grey too. I'll teach them to win but also to not fear failing and making mistakes, I won't be mad at them for failing and I won't look at their report card and say "why did you come second, the boy that came first does he have two heads?" I'll never NEVER tell them that.
I'll teach them that I'm human and I make mistake, and I'm not too big to apologise when I'm wrong just because I'm their daddy.
I'll make them see that we all have different abilities and they should find what makes them the most happy and fulfilled and follow it.
I'll teach them that quality is always, always, always better than quantity. And they should strive for real excellence in all they do.
I'll teach them it's not cool for a parent to speak ill of the other parent behind their back.
I'll teach them to love learning, to be curious and inquisitive, to work hard, to be healthily competitive but also to play hard and know how to have fun and unwind.
I'll encourage them to explore many hobbies.
I'll teach them the value and beauty of books.
Okay, I'm beginning to repeat some of my points, I'll post more if they come to me.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by Rapmoney(m): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2014
Tallesty1: They have no hand in your introverted personality, you are born that way.

Fallacy!!! People become introverts or extroverts due to the conditions and environment they were exposed to. Parental upbringing matters. Go and do a thorough observation/research.

2 Likes

Re: What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? by spanzed(m): 1:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
I would teach them to be neat...remember mumsy for that...Love you Ma

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Desire To Have My Own Village' Says A Man With 56 Wives / What If Your Husband Tear Your Daddy Slap??? / What Do You Always Do When Watching Kiss Scenes With Your Parent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.