Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe (31201 Views)

Explain Borno, Adamawa Attacks, Fayose Tells Lai Mohammed / Buhari Deploys The Military And Armoured Tanks In PH To Intimidate Wike- PHOTOS / Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza (2) (3) (4)

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Ayatullah(m): 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
RUSTY TANKS?
So its rusty tanks we have been waiting for all this while?...............The military should for God sake not level the whole towns and villages in these 'Boko Haram' zones under the pretext of fighting 'Boko Haram'.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by bamite(m): 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
ayukdaboss: Anybody who quotes that long post deserves to be shot. angry
na wa oh
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by temmy3723(m): 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
My pple in the past we known military for there surprise attack and the result of the operations then were guarantied but it is reverse is the case today.
Our military today will even go to the extent of giving the number of soldiers the types of weapon they are carry. Long live Nigerian army, long live Nigeria. I swear I love my country undecided undecided :- undecided
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by 100Cents: 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
dljbd1:
Haba! I jst dy read read d tyn no wan end. E 2long na abeg!

Use your brain next time.

Its free ..
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by comos: 2:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
Senator Zana must be investigated, no doubt he is an active member of boko haram
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by jimshimfe(m): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
I just observed some contradicting statements in this report and i wonder what is happening in the pen business.
I wont bore you with that, my only concern is:
1. How 2 trailer load of tank will equal 30 tanks. Perhaps a new make of trailer never seen in the country.
2. Rusty tanks with UN inscription can be said to resemble new tanks ordered.
3.If around 9pm, the trucks were on Abuja - Lokoja road, when will they reach Maiduguri (a journey of about 12 hours cruising at 130km/hr)
4. Wouldnt it have been easier for barracks close to Borno told to supplly tanks from their armory.e.g yola, bauchi, Gombe, Makurdi, Kaduna, Jos.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by BlackTechnology: 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ogbon400: French Special Forces Fighting Alongside Boko-Haram Terrorists

According to Afrique Medias(www.afriquemedias.com) , a Cameroonian based Panafrican TV station ,a French soldier was captured yesterday by the Cameroonian Army along with a number of Boko-Haram terrorists in the north of Cameroon. This French soldier is believed to be part of the special forces of Operation Barkhane which according to the French Government is an “anti-islamist” operation headquartered in Chad not far from Nigeria’s north-east border. This captured soldier was seriously injured and transferred to the capital Yaoundé along with other Boko-Haram operatives. For the past few weeks a large segment of the Cameroonian media accuses France to be behind the recent attacks against the northern part of the country. This serious development prompted the French Embassy in Yaounde to publish a communiqué denying any French involvement in the recent Boko-Haram attacks against Northern Cameroon.

For those who can read French the Press Release is available here:
http://www.ambafrance-cm.org/Communique-de-presse-Position-de

Considering that the area of deployment of these French special forces from Operation Barkhane is extremely close to the Nigeria border with Chad ,that the recent sophisticated Boko-Haram attacks against Borno state, coincided with the launching of Operation Barkhane on August 1st, came from the East, that many Boko-Haram insurgents captured by the Cameroonian army were carrying “French weaponry”,there is indeed every reason to suspect that France is indeed providing logistical support to the Boko Haram terrorists both in Cameroon and Nigeria.

Just like during the Biafra War in the 60s and 70s, France is trying to weaken Nigeria by providing assistance to foreign backed rebels.

There is a lot of difference between French gun runners/mercenaries and the French govt.

After all a Briton was arrested about 2yes ago
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Joel3(m): 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
rusty armour vehicles used is by the americans in iraq since AD ago. What a shame.

Dont be shock when this vehicles start failling in time of battle.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by komekn(m): 2:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
deor03:

A friend saw this over the weekend

Concerned ONSA signed a $3 million-a-year contract with K Street firm Patton Boggs to “provide comprehensive security advice, including the donation of excess military and law enforcement equipment” This smacks of corruption paying a lobbyist to give us strategic military advice and access to surplus hardware, this a joke for $3million. I would do a far, far far, better job for nothing.

I make two deductions either our military strategists are incompetent, uninformed and foolish or they assume that the Nigerian public is uninformed, ignorant, foolishly gullible and or indeed a mixture of both.

An armoured vehicle gives you essentially two things protection and time, time to respond offensively and or defensively. How effective the vehicle carries out this function is a question of degree and quality of armour and the other component is effective fit for purpose precision high calibre weapons stations.

What gives you comprehensive advantage over your adversary in battle is the quality of your weapons stations, you should really have in Bama IFV's with remote weapons stations, giving you with a 30mm near 100% accuracy as well as multiple target acquisition at even 2km. The armour on your IFV means you can engage Boko at close quarters if need be as you will not be penetrated with Rpg7's or boko while you respond with devastating power and accuracy, essentially one IFV will take out 7/8 technicals in 5 minutes or less.

What you have in the picture is Soviet tracked MT-LB APC, first introduced in 1960. The one in the picture at best has a 50cal.without optic sights (not very accurate) it looks old and rusty,its not fast, possibly poorly maintained with a high probability of failure in combat. It doesn't give you any real advantage I will not talk about its armour here, I don't want to inform boko about its capability.

These vehicles are awash across the whole of the former eastern bloc and in Russia, used and rusty like the one we see on top of the transporter I GUARANTEE I can procure for around $10k single units of units 50 or more will get them for well under $10k. I wonder how much we paid for those rust buckets

Shockingly post is sub titled New Hardware if this is what we call new and our strategic major response [/b]to the serious contention of Bama, its [b]total rubbish and will do nothing other than increase our casualty and desertion rate. Some people at the top need to called to order, for once I do not blame GEJ completely he's clueless so he's relying on supposed expert advice, his advisers in my opinion are saboteurs and traitors.

Nonetheless he should by now have the wherewithal to know things are not working stop politicising everything and listening to the cheer leaders and sycophants and get better advisers not the so called party faithful but real patriots with experiential knowledge and capacity.

I CRY CRY 4 MY NAIJA

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Joel3(m): 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
when will nigeria start doing things right?

UN is now evacuating their rusty hard wares they used in AD again from peacekeep site and donating them to nigeria after collecting bribe from federal government.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by sampepe12: 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
they are taken weapons to BH, you will soon hear or read at BH seize we0apons from Bla bla bla. how do you think BH have been getting their weapon eversince, apart from foreign aid, they get their weapons from slain soldiers,attack on police stations and even the recent giwa barrack attack... Its only God can help Nigeria I'd not, No good luck,Buhari or Atiku can help us. BH is politically motivated. Taking weapon to the soldiers is not bad ooooo but what of the ones that will taken to BH?
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by AfricaFace(f): 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
How come El-Rufai has been silent nothing coming from his twitter handle ..
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Umennajiego(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
how can two trailers carry thirty armoured tanks with how many on each hmmmmm. worst is I saw this convoy and it was like 8 tanks and the trailers even broke down cause of the weight while trying to go uphill with heavy military security
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
undigeh:

How true is it that two trucks only can carry 30 armour tankers? That is 15 tankers to a trailer.

Are they the size of ke ke napep? Na wao.
after person don explain a million times u guys will still be complaining.
The fault should be from the reporter, he could have seen only two of those trailers but on investigation he was told that about 30 tanks are being moved and he went ahead mudling up his article!
And on this tread, somebody said he saw like ten of the trailers, so the fault must have bein frm the reporter.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by maasoap(m): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
KwoiZabo: Olukolade said some months ago that senator Zanna has deceived the military on several occasions. so media outlets getting their news from such people are just waiting to air negative news against the fight against the insurgency.
I Repeat
Bad news for Senator Zanna
Bad News for El-rufai
Bad news for sharia reporters
Bad news for all Boko haram sympathizers on Nairaland tongue
Who is a Boko Haram sympathizers? Definition please.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by mrmatt(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
Krak: How can two trucks carry 30 Armoured tanks? And what happened to rapid deployment with our Hercules C-130 transport planes?

Anyway... may God give the army complete victory.
I saw the armor tanks on monday on my way to kaduna from Benin carried by about 15 lorries, one carrying two.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by oweniwe(m): 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
dljbd1:
Haba! I jst dy read read d tyn no wan end. E 2long na abeg!

Goat angry
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by tit(f): 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
komekn:

Concerned ONSA signed a $3 million-a-year contract with K Street firm Patton Boggs to “provide comprehensive security advice, including the donation of excess military and law enforcement equipment” This smacks of corruption paying a lobbyist to give us strategic military advice and access to surplus hardware, this a joke for $3million. I would do a far, far far, better job for nothing.

ross the whole of the former eastern bloc and in Russia, used and rusty like the one we see on top of the transporter I GUARANTEE I can procure for around $10k single units of units 50 or more will get them for well under $10k. I wonder how much we paid for those rust buckets

I CRY CRY 4 MY NAIJA

Midway through reading this post, i scrolled up to see the poster.
Komekn,
for once I agree with you almost in-toto.
The pic showed abandoned UN equipment being shipped without refurbishment.
The NSA is a fraud.

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by alsudaes1(m): 4:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
deor03:

God!!! can it move on its own

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by SergeAlain: 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
Most probably these are Nigerian Army MT-LB Armored Personnel Carriers returned from UN duty (say in Sudan) due to greater need at home. So calm down am not sure anyone (but the mis informed reporter) thinks they are new.

As to whether they can work, note that the sea air is very corrosive, once an armored vehicle has seen action it is covered with tiny scratches all over, once this is exposed to sea air during shipping, those scratches will become rusty.

The only reason they are hitching a ride is to move faster than they can move on tracks and save our roads from the effects of tracked vehicles.

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by revolutional101: 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
are we all sure about the intended use of these military machineries that just arrived in the country as explained here...... but as for me the idea is kindoff shady and all this efforts are just for the COMING ELECTION....May GOD save us all.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by abdulaz: 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
Is it now GEJ is realising that the NA need armoured tanks? Armoured personnel carriers that boko boys have been using since the beginning of the insurgency. the end of GEJ tyranny will mark the end of boko haram.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by dinggle: 6:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
Which victory
Victory will only be won after all members and sponsors of Boko Haram have been caught judged and sentence to death or killed in battle, anything short of that is a failure on GEJ. Shooting down Boko Haram and leaving their sponsors because of the political affiliation or power status is tantamount to giving the sect time to regroup and attack. Any sensible Nigerian will not vote GEJ if he doesn't crush Boko Haram and bring their sponsors to book before next year's election.

If I was the president:
* All defense chiefs, include IGP, SSS would be relocated to Maiduguri permanently. Relocate or resign.
* I and all ministers would also relocate to Maiduguri monthly allocation would be issued from Maiduguri. Governors will be require to come to Maiduguri for any assistance.
* Not less than 1000 tanks will be in Maiduguri.
* All villagers will be moved from trouble towns and villages the military will move in with fighter jets and level all buildings, plants, animals or humans. After destroying boko haram, a new city will be rebuilt.
* Only military officers and commanders from the east and west will be sent to fight and kill Boko Haram. With strict instruction to kill on sight no judgement!
* Any officer killed in action will be paid 15 million, and their children will be sponsored to university level by the govt.
* I will call for non military volunteers from the east and west, volunteers would include doctors, nurses and battle ready individuals who would be trained and sent to the battle ground. Each volunteers would be required to serve for 6 months and be paid N 2,000,000 each.

If we could flood Maiduguri with 5 million volunteer troops Boko Haram will be decimated.

Like Mr. president I have no military background but I don't need one to know what to do.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Rickysexy(m): 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
finally....!! d fed govt hav stepped up. tings ther shud av bought five years ago*
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by tmanuelle(m): 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
100Cents:

A trailer can only carry one at a time. I have seen some being transported..

Poor reportage..

A trailer carries two tanks at a time sir, I saw the trailers on sunday morning at Owena along Ilesha-Akure expressway on my way to Ibadan, though I don't have any idea of when and how he got to see the one carrying thirty tanks at a goal, mayb na vessele sha, e nor go fit be trailer.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by room089: 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
Na now una wake up to fight Boko Boys?
I wish una good luck o!
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by jtwest(m): 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
I personally saw those tanks wen I was in front of futa in akure, ondo state on sunday morni, d rustiness and d UN doesn't look like cover to me undecided anyway gud luck to all d members of NA fighting d insurgency
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by jtwest(m): 7:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
tmanuelle:

A trailer carries two tanks at a time sir, I saw the trailers on sunday morning at Owena along Ilesha-Akure expressway on my way to Ibadan, though I don't have any idea of when and how he got to see the one carrying thirty tanks at a goal, mayb na vessele sha, e nor go fit be trailer.
some of d trailers carried one while some carried two and they had one soldier sitting on it wit their patrol truck infront and in between probably at d back, notin like 30 tanks on 1 trailer o
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Ekundayo7: 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ayatullah: RUSTY TANKS?
So its rusty tanks we have been waiting for all this while?...............The military should for God sake not level the whole towns and villages in these 'Boko Haram' zones under the pretext of fighting 'Boko Haram'.
If I can believe the picture shared in this thread, yup, looks like very old rusty tanks. Thieving FG just cannot stop stealing money long enough to put the GOOD OF THE PEOPLE AND NATION CALLED NIGERIA FIRST. Am sorry to say this ebola should have gone directly and sharply to all the thieves in government, they need to feel the fear of God above in their bones. When they die they will not pass go heaven. They must first stand to be judged for all the money they stole and the untold and uncounted suffering and deaths the innocent citizens of Nigeria have passed through during their evil reign in office. It is truly a nation ruled by stupidity and wickedness when your so-called leaders only care about their own, and sending that cash out to their homes and families abroad. If we could purge the Northerners from the military I would stand for military rule to knock these bas-tards out of office, then chop off the shari'a North like a leprous hand, whilst building my dream of a 10 mile in and out landmine field with razor wire, 30 foot fortified wall stretching one end to the other sealing off d North, anti tank concrete barrier and armored tank and recon towers ARMED AND READY at intervals aimed towards the North. There is no peace with the shari'a North. Whoever wants to remove themselves can relocate, but after a thorough interview to screen for RADICAL RABID ISLAMIC BELIEFS. Enough of this shyte already.
Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by ocelot2006(m): 9:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
That's NOT a tank. Just a freaking MTLB APC.

deor03:

Re: Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Olyboy16(m): 9:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
Rate GEJ's performance! Its on and live!! Follow the NL version of the recent NOIpolls here: https://www.nairaland.com/1885853/poll-rate-dear-presidents-performance . Let your own opinion count.

Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow / Maduka Jettisons Crucial Appointment To Save Soul Onboard Local Flight / NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83