Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,066 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (88033 Views)

Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Olutola88(m): 10:19am On Sep 05, 2014
Afghanistan:
Forget that Unilorin o. I was a medical student there and I must say its really overrated. Insufficient classroom,poor conditions,poor structures and also,the lecturers. Majority of the lecturers no sabi anything as most of them are doctors who were just hired to take up lecturing to fill the gap. Imagine the HOD of a department who cannot speak good english and he calls himself a graduate of MB;BS and has a PHD in anatomy only to miseducate students in anatomy. That's why its very difficult to find professors there. Only a few professors. Another problem is the issue with departments. The college of medicine in unilorin don't have enough departments. They don't even have dentistry, physiotherapy, radiography and so on. Even nursing was just recently established. Despite all these, they keep on withdrawing students anyhow, destroying their careers all in the name of medicine. You just have to make the best of everything in this life and try to be successful in all endeavours. Just believe that you'll make it and with hardwork,you will.
Best Regards.
.Kindly Prove to me that you were not withdrawn from the University of Ilorin medical school
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Olutola88(m): 10:22am On Sep 05, 2014
morefire:

See i keep saying this Uniilorin has not joined the big unis yet. they only have a very fast calender thanks to the fact that they are not in ASUU thats all...
bro, you are simply uninformed. Whether you like it or not Unilorin is better by far, my dearest Alma mater is always ahead
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 05, 2014
Camellia: Asin ehn..was wondering y it wasn't der... #unique uniport jor

Camellia smiley
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by barthchuks(m): 11:01am On Sep 05, 2014
UNIZIK, UNN and ABU should be the first 3, that Unilorin is nw being overrated in everything,but they are only excellent in technological courses
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by joshphorlarb: 11:29am On Sep 05, 2014
Boscojugunu: Oau shouldn't be on that list
Then,wic uni shud b dere.infact,they shud b rated no 1.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Samgreguc(m): 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
evavista: You better say the real reason behind this hate because I know of one 'lagusto' here from unilorin and he looks like an intelligent dude
u mean Lagusta sheay?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Samgreguc(m): 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
sisiafrika: All the Arabic, Igbotic and Quranic schools, run away from them!!!!!
which one dem go cum go na?
Mam'iyabo sku?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by elmagnifico411(m): 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
rahazaqa: u must kidding. OOU should be in number 1.
OOU wetin? Na juju them dey talk about?
o
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by donhils: 1:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
Khaynet: Top 10 Best University In Nigeria:in Terms Of Medicine & Surgery.

1) University of Ibadan.
2) Obafemi awolowo university.
3) University of Ilorin.
4) Ahmadu bello university Zaria.
5) University of lagos.
6) Lagos state University.
7) University of Nigeria Nsukka.
cool Delta state university Abraka.
9) Niger delta university.
10) Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma.

Do you think am right? Prove me wrong or
support me now in comment.
Where's UNIZIK and am seeing some funny schools here on ur funny list.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Fraih(f): 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
Khaynet: Top 10 Best University In Nigeria:in Terms Of Medicine & Surgery.

1) University of Ibadan.
2) Obafemi awolowo university.
3) University of Ilorin.
4) Ahmadu bello university Zaria.
5) University of lagos.
6) Lagos state University.
7) University of Nigeria Nsukka.
cool Delta state university Abraka.
9) Niger delta university.
10) Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma.

Do you think am right? Prove me wrong or
support me now in comment.
Is Medicine the best course ever?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by morefire: 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
leshluap: . U must either b a product or a student of college of education, Ila oragun. N must av writn lik 5 jambs tryin to get admission to Great Uniben..

this is why Nigeria is still in her current state.. backward thinking like this. I am an Edo boy, i was pained when i saw on the news that the medical faculty of the only FG university in my state had lost its accreditation instead of being a fanatic and hoping on old awards i decided to inquire into the reason why. simple truth showed that students were interested in becoming 'MEN' as against being students..

FYI if you had half the education i have your life would have been better for it

take your hate game somewhere else man... A school was dis-accredited.... the question would be What has gone wrong

if you fail look closely seek the reason why
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by morefire: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
Idboyostic: ehn ehn..... Can u imagine?..... Tell me more

Is the recent ranking based on "fast calender"...... Abeg stop the hating and face the fact. Ur opinion does not count... tongue

if you were knowledgeable you should have known that a fast calender has always bn and will still be a yardstick...
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by VocalWalls: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
Camellia: Asin ehn..was wondering y it wasn't der... #unique uniport jor

Lol...you study there. ?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
elmagnifico411: OOU wetin? Na juju them dey talk about?
o
Abeg go sit down,. na sensible ppl dey talk here
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by swezenberg(m): 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2014
I'm glad I graduated from a Federal University of Technology where all we know is Engineering. I am here in USA on a special knowledge class of visa with another junior from same FUTA and one Unilorin graduate supporting ExxonMobil projects and some nuclear power plants but that does not make my school the best in Nigeria. The best school should have a crop of the best brains, best facilities and endless number off accomplished alumni. The teaching hospital should be second to non.

Considering the criteria I listed above, I will give it to no other University than University of Ibadan. This is the only university of medicine in Nigeria that can compete with those in some European countries not America.

How many of you remember Bose. The girl that had a 6" nail bypassing some of her vital brain parts. It was only UCH Ibadan that stood to correct this in the whole of Nigeria even United states gave her a 50:50 chance. Where were all these universities you are shouting their names. Has it also occurred to you that if LUTH or any other teaching hospital can not handle a patient the last resort before the patient is flown out is UCH. Go do your findings well.

I am also shocked to find some delta state schools on that list. I still feel only UI deserve to be on that list. Other schools should for now consider their school of Medicine a vet school.

3 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Samgreguc(m): 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
Joshaw806:

Na lie,fink u wrote dis,bcs dey withdrew u.unilorin medical school,is d best in nigeria presently
Check dre drs in country nd u will knw dey r d best
Paediatrics dept has abt 7 profs,surgery has abt 14 profs,medicine has abt 7 profs,o n g dept has 6 profs,pathology has 5 profs,pharmacology 3 profs
U cn chk online nw,dey nw hav abt 7 paramedical courses
can u pls name them for me?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by nyles: 2:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
though i agree that schools play a part in educational development, i think what matters the most is for the student to develop himself/herself. No matter the medical school you get admitted to, you will only gain the most if you FORGE your own path despite the administrative hitches.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by macpeter1(m): 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
uniben, Unizik, UNN, OAU, are the best in med surg in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by asadike(f): 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2014
donroxy: Nne, bown dat thing , that makes two of us .... Why u come dey vex say UNN carry last for Op's ranking when ur mind should settle when you don see Unilorin for Up ... See as mind dey do o , I just guess say u shd be happy 4 Unilorin not knowing u be born and bred in Ilorin !

Ehn ehn , make I do tatafo small, u kno try o , how u tey reach UNN from Ilorin , shuuuuu , e no far so..... If u never do M.sc/PhD , Unilorin is the best school to be right now cuz it is top of the chart as the highest ranking institution in Nigeria ... Hope you have seen your brother's Ipad cheesy ... New initiative hmmm cheesy
ok leave me,i don hear.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
Fourwinds:
note he gave d list not in particular order

If he gave the list in no particular other then what is AAU and UNILORIN doing there? any top ten list without UNIZIK, UNIBEN and UNIPORT is NOT REAL
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by killercute16(m): 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
Tashamania:

Calm down, the list is just meant for 10 schools not all schools wink grin
Lol...u shd be hanged for this comment.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Camellia(f): 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
Three7Ty9:

Camellia smiley
cheesy hey....bin a while
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Camellia(f): 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
Pprovost:

If he gave the list in no particular other then what is AAU and UNILORIN doing there? any top ten list without UNIZIK, UNIBEN and UNIPORT is NOT REAL
smiley u are the true son of yr father.... ur head is der... #unique uniport
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
Camellia: cheesy hey....bin a while

Yea Yea, I guess. You dont happen to be a medical student in Uniport are you?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Yustash001(m): 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
swezenberg: I'm glad I graduated from a Federal University of Technology where all we know is Engineering. I am here in USA on a special knowledge class of visa with another a junior from same FUTA and one Unilorin graduate supporting ExxonMobil projects and some nuclear power plants but that does not make my school the best in Nigeria. The best school should have a crop of the best brains, best facilities and endless number off accomplished alumni. The teaching hospital should be second to non.

Considering the criteria I listed above, I will give it to no other University than University of Ibadan. This is the only university of medicine in Nigeria that can compete with those in some European countries not America.

How many of you remember Bose. The girl that had a 6" nail bypassing some of her vital brain parts. It was only UCH Ibadan that stood to correct this in the whole of Nigeria even United states gave her a 50:50 chance. Where were all these universities you are shouting their names. Has it also occurred to you that if LUTH or any other teaching hospital can not handle a patient the last resort before the patient is flown out is UCH. Go do your findings well.

I am also shocked to find a delta state school on that list. I still feel only UI deserve to be on that list. Other schools should for now consider their school of Medicine a vet school.
well said!!...bro
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by adrelanine: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
Fourwinds:
hmmmm...dats y I like nairaland
ok sad
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Fourwinds: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
Pprovost:

I did not say d list is perfect. I only drew d attention of people who were clamouring for first position for deir respective universities dat he didn't list dem according to rank order
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by froschdinny: 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
what about esut? Will it be good enough for medicine?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by rannies(f): 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
swezenberg: I'm glad I graduated from a Federal University of Technology where all we know is Engineering. I am here in USA on a special knowledge class of visa with another a junior from same FUTA and one Unilorin graduate supporting ExxonMobil projects and some nuclear power plants but that does not make my school the best in Nigeria. The best school should have a crop of the best brains, best facilities and endless number off accomplished alumni. The teaching hospital should be second to non.

I am also shocked to find a delta state school on that list. I still feel only UI deserve to be on that list. Other schools should for now consider their school of Medicine a vet school.

You made a good point. Except for the last paragraph which was unnecessary.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Munalove(m): 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
omolizzy: I won't oppose u bt if u do medicine or related courses in Bayero uni kano u go know say monkey n gorilla na different specie dem b
hmmm are u frm the north?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nicepoker(m): 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
Op come bck and delete this piece of junk ASAP
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by abzeemao(m): 5:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
gift01: Who among them have provided a cure for Ebola? If none, then they no better than Chemist store as far as am concerned

[code][/code]ui is working on one already,,,, u can visit the schools website to read more on this

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / How Relevant Is NOUN Certificate? / FG Releases Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.