Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,222 members, 7,957,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (89266 Views)

Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by omolizzy(f): 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
Munalove: hmmm are u frm the north?

Lol,am not but I finished from Bayero uni kano
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Temayo: 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ashaye weldone.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2014
sisiafrika: All the Arabic, Igbotic and Quranic schools, run away from them!!!!!

Chronic bigot. sad undecided
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Camellia(f): 6:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
VocalWalls:

Lol...you study there. ?
wink sure tin
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Camellia(f): 6:59pm On Sep 05, 2014
Three7Ty9:

Yea Yea, I guess. You dont happen to be a medical student in Uniport are you?
..yes I am
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2014
Camellia: ..yes I am

Oh! Little wonder.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
Khaynet: Top 10 Best University In Nigeria:in Terms Of Medicine & Surgery.

1) University of Ibadan.
2) Obafemi awolowo university.
3) University of Ilorin.
4) Ahmadu bello university Zaria.
5) University of lagos.
6) Lagos state University.
7) University of Nigeria Nsukka.
cool Delta state university Abraka.
9) Niger delta university.
10) Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma.

Do you think am right? Prove me wrong or
support me now in comment.

not surprised uniport didn't make the list i wouldn't even put them among the first 100. rubbish school with a Hitler protege for a V.C. with archaic system; running a semester based program for the medical school is outright madness
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Camellia(f): 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
Three7Ty9:

Oh! Little wonder.
tongue
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
Camellia: tongue
Lol, #Lips sealed.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ademolapaul: WTF and shame on u for saying u were once a medical student in unilorin,its no doubt u were one of those dullards who couldn't make a crossing gp of 1.5,shame on u once again,imagine u telling us that they are 'miseducating' the students,how did u know that when u couldn't even further ur education,the only option and my only advice left for u is to Go and Die.#wasteofmoney
Why do you have to insult someone for voicing out their opinion? We are all free beings, with independent and different opinions about different issues, so insulting someone just because they don't support your cause is totally immature and wrong. The worst part of it is that you didn't even update yourself on this particular issue by reading subsequent posts before you rudely interrupted with bad words. Nigeria is in big trouble if people like you have to be in places of power. Learn the art of presenting your points to people without childish insults. It goes a long way

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Dgaffer(m): 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: bro,nah lie....if nah for law then EBSU should be ranked among top 5
Bro, they r gud in Basic medical science course like Med surg ad Nursing
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Camellia(f): 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
Three7Ty9:
Lol, #Lips sealed.
lol..y..talk na
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by heymorce: 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
Where is my school (LAUTECH)?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
Camellia: lol..y..talk na

You want your male followers to throw fiery darts at me? grin grin
Can you access your pm's?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by sisiafrika(f): 9:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
Logicalmindy:

Chronic bigot. sad undecided
acute trigot
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by ebsuguy(m): 11:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: bro,nah lie....if nah for law then EBSU should be ranked among top 5
Bros,do you have any proof to back your claim?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by daveemuobo(m): 12:05am On Sep 06, 2014
some ppl can be very foolish..that op's list is personal and not an official list or something and you're busy quarreling over it.

I don't see why it should even be in FrontPage.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by opylas(m): 12:05am On Sep 06, 2014
OOU shld b on dat list (if we'r to take jokes apart)
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Idboyostic(m): 12:48am On Sep 06, 2014
morefire:

if you were knowledgeable you should have known that a fast calender has always bn and will still be a yardstick...
what is this one saying? see someone talking about being knowledgeable.... I said "recent ranking".... Not some other ranking whatsoever... What is my biz with ranking of a school?
My only concern should be 'what is my rank among my peers"
Moreover, Academic calender to me is a tiny fraction out of the numerous criteria used in ranking a university....
Am right because the recent ranking is not based on fast calender or not being part of ASUU.... I don't need to tell you... Google is your helper.... Abeg Park well and pls if you don't have any sensible thing to say.....[/b] Don't quote me[b]
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Skillz02(m): 1:50am On Sep 06, 2014
I think so many peeps here are
Choosing their own school if na
So we to no go carry last
ABU is d best
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 2:18am On Sep 06, 2014
Oau shld be the first jor tongue
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 06, 2014
It's obvious that majority of folks commenting on this thread are either students or alumni of Univ of Illorin. But the irony of it all is that most of these students/alumni have very little knowledge of things in other medical schools. It's similar to a young boy whose father drives a 504 screaming that that's the best car around. I've been privileged to have had academic dealings with a bulk of medical schools in the country and I'll seriously tell you that the medical school in Ilorin isn't ranked in the top 5. I hear many folks talking about the rankings online, but the issue is that we fail to analyze the criteria used in the rankings. First of all, those rankings are not singularly for the medical school but for the school at large. And anyone who is smart enough will know that a faculty or department can be very poor despite being in a school that has a good ranking. With respect to the rankings, the criteria used are heavily based on online presence of a school and not its academic depth. That on it's own makes it a flawed ranking system. As for the issue of having numerous professors, it's not the quantity that matter but the quality. I saw a medical lecturer from the medical school at Illorin at an international conference who couldn't hold his own with his medical contemporaries. It was embarrassing. I'm definitely not against the medical programme at Univ of Illorin but I sincerely think you all should quit rambling about it being up there. And finally, a point to note is that having brilliant students graduate from a programme doesn't inherently make a programme good. Even mediocre programmes boast of exceptionally bright students.

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Iamvictor(m): 7:10am On Sep 06, 2014
Boscojugunu: Oau shouldn't be on that list
why?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by itunde(m): 7:53am On Sep 06, 2014
omolizzy: I won't oppose u bt if u do medicine or related courses in Bayero uni kano u go know say monkey n gorilla na different specie dem b

Yes ooooo....B.U.K no be beans.....@Lizzy wat dep't re U? M frm maths dep't
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by omolizzy(f): 9:13am On Sep 06, 2014
itunde:

Yes ooooo....B.U.K no be beans.....@Lizzy wat dep't re U? M frm maths dep't

Hmmmmm omo mehn dat ur maths department na rock,wish u best of luck. I finished from biological science department
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by BukkyDan(f): 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
omolizzy: I won't oppose u bt if u do medicine or related courses in Bayero uni kano u go know say monkey n gorilla na different specie dem b

Lol.. BUK is not a childs play.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by omolizzy(f): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
BukkyDan:

Lol.. BUK is not a childs play.

Awon temi u are gbaaski
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Johnfavour(m): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by snapatini(m): 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
Afghanistan:
Forget that Unilorin o. I was a medical student there and I must say its really overrated. Insufficient classroom,poor conditions,poor structures and also,the lecturers. Majority of the lecturers no sabi anything as most of them are doctors who were just hired to take up lecturing to fill the gap. Imagine the HOD of a department who cannot speak good english and he calls himself a graduate of MB;BS and has a PHD in anatomy only to miseducate students in anatomy. That's why its very difficult to find professors there. Only a few professors. Another problem is the issue with departments. The college of medicine in unilorin don't have enough departments. They don't even have dentistry, physiotherapy, radiography and so on. Even nursing was just recently established. Despite all these, they keep on withdrawing students anyhow, destroying their careers all in the name of medicine. You just have to make the best of everything in this life and try to be successful in all endeavours. Just believe that you'll make it and with hardwork,you will.
Best Regards.
at least you were once a student.....thousand of years ago...have u been to their permanent site at Oke Oyi...if not...keep quiet..and hold your peace
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by snapatini(m): 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
Kaynet.....u said you were once a student.how many years ago was that?? have you been to the permanent site at Oke Oyi......if not keep quiet and hold your peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Is This The Best Handwriting Ever? (Photo) / "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio / Zulu Maiden Flashes Her Panties While Celebrating On Graduation Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.