Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! - Foreign Affairs (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! (49733 Views)

Former Isreali Prime Minister Invest In Ghana's Economy / Ghana Economy Is Falling Down And Lesson For Nigeria From 2014 / Usa Economy Is Falling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by delugadou(m): 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
End time tins.........*smh*
Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by PetroDolla3: 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
For God's sake are these apes not supposed to be more concerned about what is going in their sh1thole than what is happening or not happening with Ghana's economy. hahahaha leaving your problems to dwell on another man's problem makes you a fooooooooooooooool grin boko haram is threatening to take over abuja and the magg0ts are here celebrating Ghana's so-called economic problems? Read what the report said about your current military engagements against boko haram
Nigeria’s security forces have only slim prospects of rolling back the insurgency. Government soldiers are said to have fled Bama, as they did in earlier attacks on other towns; a whole battalion fled to Cameroon last month. Nigeria’s army claimed it had repelled the attack on Bama, then extended a curfew in Maiduguri. A recent report by Chatham House, a London-based think-tank, points out that soldiers in the north-east are suffering from malfunctioning equipment, low morale, desertions and mutinies. Despite a large increase in government spending on the army, little of this largesse has found its way to the front lines: many of the troops fighting against Boko Haram have been paid late, or sometimes not at all. animals dressed in human clothes. tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea

Boko Haram is now taking territory and threatens a state capital grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Sep 6th 2014 | From the print edition

Timekeeper

FROM a ragtag band of fighters conducting sporadic raids and bombings from its hideouts, Nigeria’s Boko Haram is fast evolving into a force able to take and hold territory. In attacks on September 1st its jihadist militants overran Bama, the second-largest town in Borno state.

Armed with rocket-launchers and armoured vehicles stolen from the demoralised Nigerian army, Boko Haram (its name translates loosely as “Western education is forbidden”) has moved beyond its established lairs in the Sambisa forest and the Mandara Mountains. In recent weeks it has taken several towns close to the Cameroonian border, among them Gwoza, Gamboru Ngala and Banki. (see map).
In this section

The seizure of Bama could provide a launch-pad for an attack on parts of Maiduguri, the state’s capital, about 65km (40 miles) away, with a population of more than 1m people. It was the birthplace of the insurgency. Two areas seized by the group in recent weeks form a strategic crescent around the city. Boko Haram has destroyed a series of bridges, including several close to Maiduguri, in an attempt to thwart military access and isolate parts of the state.

The grab for territory signals a change from Boko Haram’s hit-and-run tactics. This may be in keeping with pronouncements by its firebrand leader, Abubakar Shekau, that chunks of Borno state are “Muslim territory” in what appears to be an imitation of the caliphate proclaimed in parts of Iraq and Syria by Islamic State. Boko Haram has erected flags over the towns it has invaded, forcing any remaining residents to follow its strict version of sharia (Islamic law) or be killed.

Further territorial gains by the group could worsen a dire humanitarian situation. Thousands of refugees have sought sanctuary in Maiduguri, and the UN reckons that 9,000 people fleeing violence have arrived in Cameroon in the past ten days, with another 2,000 crossing into Niger, a desert nation already buckling under the pressure of taking in 50,000 refugees since May 2013.

Nigeria’s security forces have only slim prospects of rolling back the insurgency. Government soldiers are said to have fled Bama, as they did in earlier attacks on other towns; a whole battalion fled to Cameroon last month. Nigeria’s army claimed it had repelled the attack on Bama, then extended a curfew in Maiduguri. A recent report by Chatham House, a London-based think-tank, points out that soldiers in the north-east are suffering from malfunctioning equipment, low morale, desertions and mutinies. Despite a large increase in government spending on the army, little of this largesse has found its way to the front lines: many of the troops fighting against Boko Haram have been paid late, or sometimes not at all.

A change in tactics is also called for. The report argues that the army needs first of all to protect civilians. It was a little over a year ago that Nigeria’s president, Goodluck Jonathan, who is expected to run for re-election in February, made the somewhat embarrassing admission that parts of Borno state were no longer under the government’s control. Mr Jonathan’s promise to end a “serious threat to national unity and territorial integrity” looks increasingly empty. Conditions in north-eastern Nigeria are deteriorating, soldiers are breaking ranks and an emboldened terror group is gaining momentum.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by PetroDolla3: 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
rhymz: Blackie Chan don't quote me again abeg, I am not the reason for your loss. I don't give shi at if the Ghanaian economy dies off tomorrow, face the ppl you are playing childish games with.....I discuss facts and figures and not little inconsequential Ghana with an exaggerated economic prospects in paper...Lol.
hahahaha look at the blackest ape calling someone blackie grin I understand your inferiority complex,huh? It runs in your sh1thole where skin cancers as a result of skin bleaching is the norm because everyone wants to look "white" grin there is nothing wrong with the 'black skin' magg0t. there are more blackie apes in your armpit country than in any other country on the face of the world grin the largest country of apes fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

1 Like

Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by Kelewele(m): 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Charley Jiggaman, I see you Che....

I figure say the economy don reduce you to Wackye and kelewele.. grin

I for say make you come Nigeria make I feed you, but Nigeria government say Ghana must go... grin
And who is this dog barking out my name on a holy sabbath.
Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by KiKatanga: 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
Engen:

If that's what u think then simple...you re wrong Nigeria with many many challenges her economy has been stable for straight 15years. Pls tell me any African country that came close not even Egypt

Why does the world end at Africa? Is it sufficient to be on the top of the shitpile? Anyway even then, Mauritania and Mauritius and Morocco and Tanzania and Rwanda... There's a long list. Nigeria isn't even above average, even in Africa.

--- BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT ---

Working together to expand markets, share investment and share talent, Ghana and Nigeria -- not to mention the whole of West Africa could without the pettiness and backbiting push each other forward to close the gap to the rest of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by Tonylyte(m): 4:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
V0lv0: Do you even understand what you are saying? Smdh. Please stop quoting me and leave me out of your sh1t.
Taaah!! Shut up!! Are u not even happy that a nigerian i quoting u?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by Tonylyte(m): 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
V0lv0: Okijajuju is madcow. He is only doing what he does best. If that's someone you look up to then....
I dnt k to knw who he is, but he is doing the needful by destroying dis your burnt brothers.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by PetroDolla3: 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
Tonylyte:
I dnt k to knw who he is, but he is doing the needful by destroying dis your burnt brothers.
hahahahaha destroying? hahahaha shameless goat spewing nonsense when it is obvious for all to see MUMUgerians once again got trashed by their Ghanaian Masters grin grin grin It's all gloom amd doom in the suffering and smiling ape-hole grin

Is there any more fetid, turgid, monkey-dump of an ape-hole on this planet? grin shitnigeria is incapable of civilisation grin grin grin what a sad pitiful fvcking sh1thole of a country! grin

is it that there is only one swimming pool in the sh1thole? why are these apes crammed into the pool? SMH grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by Wasquad(m): 9:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
SavageGarden: Seriously this Ghanian slowpoke...have practically been here all day ranting and chelping in a sentimental way that is not even constructive; about Nigeria and Nigerians...on a Nigerian Forum....is there a better definition for low self esteem...The truth is bitter bro...Regardless of whatever junk you dig up and read online Nigeria is a much better place than ur beloved Ghana...I have a Ghanian friend in my school on scholarship...he is a better human being than you bro...I won't judge an entire country by the actions of one very big fool...You're just trying very hard to make yourself feel good by bringing people down on sentimental facts..I know ur type...U try to act strong try so hard to give an impression...but I read ur junk and I don't even have the vaguest hint that you're really educated..take it or leave it...Nigeria will always be Superior to Ghana on a levels, socially, intellectually, industrially, economically Ghana doesn't have a voice in Africa..you're a small country..U only hope to belong...I dooubt if you'd open ur mouth and constructively engage an average Nigeria on who is better that who..if you eventually see one...the internet is abused by the likes of you...I will always feel superior to a Ghanian and that goes for all Nigerians...deal with it asshole...
Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by HandOfChukwu: 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
PetroDolla3: modafaka! is it my fault your magg0t-infested country is a sh1thole? grin

Damn, shitnigeria is a sh1thole. end of story grin an ape-hole they call country grin welcome to the world's certified sh1thole grin I guess you'd been smoking weed all night,huh? ugly, cowardly, mindles downright evil subhumans utterly incapable of civilisation grin hahahahaha uncivilised hell hole grin
My African bother, if my country is a sh1thole what is yours?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
cheesy cheesy

Okijajuju1: His Uncle sent him 50 Dollars... He needed a 'GHANA MUST GO' bag to carry it after exchanging it for Cedis

Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by PetroDolla3: 1:13am On Sep 07, 2014
HandOfChukwu: My African bother, if my country is a sh1thole what is yours?
stop smoking igbo! shitnigeria is like the Titanic, sinking very fast grin damn shitnigeria is a shi1thole. end of story grin the level of filth, disease, killings, squalor, corruption, suffering and general nastiness is mind boggling grin grin there are still stark naked people in your festering sh1thole grin grin grin oh my God these magg0ts disgracing Africa since Luggard's timegrin grin grin grin grin grin everybody knows Ghana is a sane and decent country hahahahaha igbo boy go chop akpu and okro

Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by Nobody: 2:31am On Sep 07, 2014
Its a delicious meal though!
Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by fydence: 4:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
You mention NIGERIA and all of Gayna get erections f.vcking themselves over instead of trying to fix their messed up economy....waiting for the first 'burnt offering' to quote me so I make an example of him or her...Iiidiots!!
Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by Zaha(m): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2014
Does gaynian still exist
Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=RoyalPearl post=26026505] Your lies have no full stops. From Ngwa land to Mali to Germany. Lol you better wake up and smell the coffee. I feel your pain[/quote

Abeg go drink ogogoro.
Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by docchuks(m): 10:00am On May 09, 2016
Everything you need to know about the financial market in Ghana
Re: Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! by tck2000(m): 10:58am On Jul 20, 2019
. .

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

India Changes Name To Bharat? G20 invitation Fuels Rumours / ISIS Releases The Names And Picture Of The Sri Lankan Bombers / Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.