Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa (37656 Views)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / The 10 Most Expensive Alcoholic Drinks On Earth / Why Are Imported Goods Excessively Expensive In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Kagawa: 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
Who dash you, 10 nights....oh sorry, i forget say na juju money u dey use...

Okijajuju1: I agree..

Spent 10 nights in Four Points by Sheraton last Christmas... Nna MEN!!!! angry I nearly break-up with my wife that Christmas when I see the debit alert. angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by sistar007(m): 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Dreyl(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
Huh!
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by docjuli(m): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
whirlwind7: It doesn't take rocket science to figure out. Cost of running business in Nigeria is outrageously high. Same reason why many companies have been shut down: No water, no electricity.
2nded
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Freest(m): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
Na wa
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by GboyegaD(m): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2014
The cost of operating businesses in Nigeria is way higher as such, we should expect a higher cost. Also, the fact that most of us are brand conscious thus, businesses in Nigeria leverage on that to exploit us.

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by lekjons(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2014
God go punish poverty,Ebola go catch am!! dat ugly tin wicked 2 much
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by buzzys(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2014
Exploitation in the highest order

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by sanandreas(m): 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
the same Lagos u would also see a good hotel of 3000. it all boils down to taste
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
And we cal ourself giant of africa. Nigeria 4000mw. South africa 45,700mw difference of 41,700 mw. Nigeria where we going. we are only good when u talkin corruption

3 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by akpumping7720(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
This is what u get when Govt fails in carrying out their duties. Imagine 4000 mw of electricity compared to 45 000 + generated in South Africa...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Collynzo16: 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
This is basically a comparison between South African cities and Lagos.
Luanda, Angola has the highest hotel rates in Africa.
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
For wetin na. If na lyk dat, me go go spend the night for church then. 200k is a lot of money in this damn economy.
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by InvertedHammer: 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
/
Until basic amenities are sorted out, Nigeria will remain a shit hole.

How can people live without clean water, electricity, accessible roads and see it as normal?

How can one maintain a clean environment without water? People do not flush their toilets and expect to be healthy.

People don't even know what quality life means. A mansion surrounded by filth remains a filth because nyama nyama from outside will somehow get into your mansion.

But who cares? All die na die. After all there numerous people, witches, wizards and enemies to blame for ailment or death.

In 2014?

\

6 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by ebbymayox(m): 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
www.tlkdrum.com
Talking Drum is an Educative Blog,discussing daily issues that we most likely don't pay attention to, most fascinating and rare gems of human knowledge.
(Modify) (Quote)
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Jarus(m): 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
True. I get a room for 340 Dh (approximately N15k) per night in a 3 star hotel in Bur Dubai. You wont get that at our Eko Hotel in Lagos here. And that is Dubai that is a top tourist city where hotels are expected to be expensive.

Very annoying

4 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Eyop: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
sanandreas: the same Lagos u would also see a good hotel of 3000. it all boils down to taste
Which good hotel will you see for 3000. Do you think a good hotel is all about the room? Or na short time hotel you dey talk about

8 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by bosun11(m): 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
the cost of living in Nigeria so what do you expect ? May God Touch The Hearts Of The Leaders In This Country...Impossible is Nothing
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
One word "DIESEL".
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Okijajuju1(m): 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
pDude: cry

Nigeria's economy and services baffles the hell out of me. undecided

The services suck, the economy is comatose, everything is jaga jaga and most products are substandard. Yet everything is so damn expensive. WHY?

A normal hotel in California with all the normal services is so cheap that ordinary people can afford to spend a night or two in them.

Yet in Nigeria where the hotels are dirty, NEPA taking light anyhow, tiny food portions which are sometimes tasteless, and hotel staff who steal your things; things are so fvcking expensive.

Biko, what type of economy is Nigeria operating in? That is the kind of economy that will sooner crumble upon itself.

The people are so poor, yet the services are so expensive. It baffles me cry

A normal hotel in California would be what exactly?!

Would you consider the Holiday Inn to be a normal hotel?
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Segadem(m): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
That excuse does not hold water, are they the only one that generates power for themselves? It is everybody's problem, once u are living in Nigeria u get to generate your power,your water, your security and so on!

I fuelled my generator everyday, I pay for the water, and I pay #800 for vigilante every month.

So your excuse is peculiar to everyone living in this country.

Pls answer these question:
Are u buying generator everyday to power d hotel?

Are u drilling bore holes everyday to keep the water flowing?
If ur answer is No,then it's common to everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by slap1(m): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
pDude: cry

Nigeria's economy and services baffles the hell out of me. undecided

The services suck, the economy is comatose, everything is jaga jaga and most products are substandard. Yet everything is so damn expensive. WHY?

A normal hotel in California with all the normal services is so cheap that ordinary people can afford to spend a night or two in them.

Yet in Nigeria where the hotels are dirty, NEPA taking light anyhow, tiny food portions which are sometimes tasteless, and hotel staff who steal your things; things are so fvcking expensive.

Biko, what type of economy is Nigeria operating in? That is the kind of economy that will sooner crumble upon itself.

The people are so poor, yet the services are so expensive. It baffles me cry
Haha
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by M4gunners: 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
Noted
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Okijajuju1:

No. I mean a normal hotel. Hotel. Not inn.

Even the Nigerian holiday inns charge about 30k per night. What nonsense? Are their beds made of gold or what? How many Nigerians can afford 30k per night

2 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by AjanleKoko: 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
Demand and supply tinz, for now.
let's see what happens in five years. About a thousand rooms are being added to the Lagos inventory. I wonder what'll happen then.

But Lagos hotels cannot possibly be more expensive than Luanda hotels
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Ahmeduana(m): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
Okijajuju1: I agree..

Spent 10 nights in Four Points by Sheraton last Christmas... Nna MEN!!!! angry I nearly break-up with my wife that Christmas when I see the debit alert. angry
BABALAWO DEY SLEEP FOR 5 STAR HOTEL?
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by BlueMagic2(m): 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
A lot of the hotels in Lagos are not 5 stars. A lot of these hotels cannot even be compared to a motel 6 talk less of the four seasons.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Okijajuju1(m): 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
pDude:

Even the Nigerian holiday inns charge about 30k per night. What nonsense? Are their beds made of gold or what? How many Nigerians can afford 30k per night

Less than 200 Dollars a night isnt half bad..

I rate hotel prices by the services they provide. A hotel that does not give me atleast 10 T.V channels, clean beddings, clean environment, usable internet, good room service and more, Have no business charging more than 10'k.

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by manny4life(m): 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
pDude:

Holiday Inn is just the brand name under their core brand which I believe is Choice Hotels. Holiday Inn is a 3 star hotel, and I it's a normal hotel unless you mean the four and five star brands.
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Okijajuju1(m): 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ahmeduana:
BABALAWO DEY SLEEP FOR 5 STAR HOTEL?

No be Olofin enter plane with ehn 4 wife go jolly for overseas?! grin

Soo.. You think say we no like better thing. grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Well, it's not exactly a roach motel grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account / Fidelity Bank Appoints Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe As New MD / Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.