Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? (5194 Views)

Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex? / Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? / HOT TOPIC: Advice For Married Women Denying Their Husband Conjugal "Rights" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by beeevan: 5:05am On Sep 06, 2014
aisha2:

She may have been raised to believe women should wash their husbands clothes hence she is surprised to see women who don't do that, nothing really oppressive in her statement in my view.
I know a woman who hand washes jeans even while pregnant yet the same woman can stay for days without light If oga is not around to buy neva units as she doesn't believe she should use her money for house running she believes that's his job.
Orientation matters, she may not mean any spite or harm

Well, let's hope she doesn't mean to spite anyone. Most of these threads are usually opened by single folks who hardly know what it takes to competently run a home.

The lady that waits for her husband to come home and buy units is really a special case.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 5:19am On Sep 06, 2014
soulglo:
It's never too late to learn. Look at your example for instance. This woman thinks that hand washing jeans makes her a valuable asset. She would actually not contribute a penny to her family's living situation because she freaking hand washes clothes. Is that not the very definition of useless? A grown ass woman is counting hand washing clothes as an accomplishment?

I wouldn't define it as useless oh. To them washing clothes, cleaning and even manually grinding pepper is what a " good" wife should do and the good part is she found a husband who thinks like her, the man may not be comfortable with her buying things for the home because to them their own roles are defined same way he will stay at home for 3 weeks if she is away and not wash a single cloth of his rather would wait for her to return and wash.

Washing may be important to the poster but for others it may not be a deal breaker letting her learn that there is no universal way to show love to a husband as every husband and what he requires is different is important.

Hence it is important that people marry a spouse who reasons like them

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 06, 2014
beeevan:

Women oppress themselves much more than men do. You know there is no comparison between the support groups and these random threads but i do get where you are heading at. Women judge themselves worse than men do, on and off line. There must be a reason people whine more about MIL's than FIL'S, husband sisters than husband ' s brothers, why we hear 'husband snatcher 'more often than 'wife snatcher', women get issues i tell ya.

Everyone in position of power has a tendency to abuse it just that for women mostly it hits closer to home, go and see the politics backbiting and scheming men do in a competitive work place especially if a position is open and 4 men are considered for it.

What I am saying is there are bad and good people regardless, as much as some women bring others down other women lift others up. Like the counseling thread am talking about 20 pages and counting women helping each other manage situations no judgement no insults, so if one lady comes and asks why some women don't wash other women's clothes I would hardly describe that as oppressive or mean or women hating on each other so far she has not been rude or insulting she just seems like she has seen something different from the norm she was raised with.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 06, 2014
Off topic I remember when the " women are each others enemies" was throw at me.
Normally for contracts under a sum a committee is setup to review bids and award. One year i was made head of the committee and any one who knows me knows am a by the book person.

There was this woman who catered to our events and her services were very poor, food always late, half cooked rice, dry soups we would agree on a menu and she would bring what she felt like later.
Anyway based on her poor performance we should have just her go but I felt some solidarity to my fellow woman and hoped that if given an opportunity to improve and make a presentation she would do better.
We opened up the bid and she and a young up coming male caterer applied.
When I called her to tell her that she would need to do a presentation to the committee to determine her continuing with us she flared up at me calling me a small girl and she would speak to my oga. I think she spoke to the former person in charge who referred her back to me when she called with apologies.
On the day of the presentation the other caterer came with great samples, clean presentation and a competitive price, she still assumed it was business as usual and came unprepared, before then she had attempted to do a deal where she will give me 20 percent of the top up and I politely declined.

After the presentation the other guy obviously scored higher but some members were begging that she be given another chance and I asked them how they would feel if they were qualified for a job and it was given to someone else.
When results where out the woman came screaming and shouting saying her pastor had told her a woman will bring her down and women were their worst enemies, I told her the pastor was right but the woman bringing her down was herself and she was her own enemy because she chose to stay mediocre even when given the chance to improve.
Some women think just because they are women the world must tilt in their favor, if a man did what I did she would have said it's because she is a woman and cried gender inequality

10 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 06, 2014
aisha2:

She may have been raised to believe women should wash their husbands clothes hence she is surprised to see women who don't do that, nothing really oppressive in her statement in my view.
I know a woman who hand washes jeans even while pregnant yet the same woman can stay for days without light If oga is not around to buy neva units as she doesn't believe she should use her money for house running she believes that's his job.
Orientation matters, she may not mean any spite or harm
You haven't seen some women who wouldn't contribute a dime in running the home and yet wouldn't wash Hubby's cloths. And to those talking about washing machines, do we now have washing machines that can go the wardrobe and select dirty cloths and turn themselves on/off?
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Acidosis(m): 7:59am On Sep 06, 2014
priest2u: Do all this women saying they can't wash their husband clothes really love their husbands Even with washing machine , isn't it normal to do all laundry both husbands n yours at the same time ? Without washing machine can't you ask to wash your husband cloths along with yours ? What's wrong with this world , no love anymore people are so selfish even to their spouse . Two shall become one in marriage , your hubby cloths is your cloths and a really wise woman should not not see anything wrong in washing her hubby cloth either with washing machine Or with hands . The washing machine is irrelevant to the question. Few women of wisdom on NL.

The way people talk about this washing machine, you'd almost assume the machine does the entire job, including: fixing the clothes itself, turning itself 'on' & 'off', taking care of 'itself', etc. It's true we have some with dryers, but how many families can afford all the 'modern' tools in the home amidst other expenses?

If a woman can wash her baby's/kid's wear, why can't she do same for her husband?

Nowadays, to even feed has become a problem, some women are ready to purchase robotic feeders (if any). We've become so lazy. A woman who washes are clothes, and those of her children, leaving behind her husband's clothes is simply Selfish.

With or without the washing machine, the man-power factor cannot be over-ruled! Despite the number of ATM machines in/outside the bank, we still have tellers and cashiers who count and dispense cash with bare hands.

Lets stop being selfish. It won't help our homes.

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by beeevan: 8:18am On Sep 06, 2014
aisha2:

Everyone in position of power has a tendency to abuse it just that for women mostly it hits closer to home, go and see the politics backbiting and scheming men do in a competitive work place especially if a position is open and 4 men are considered for it.

What I am saying is there are bad and good people regardless, as much as some women bring others down other women lift others up. Like the counseling thread am talking about 20 pages and counting women helping each other manage situations no judgement no insults, so if one lady comes and asks why some women don't wash other women's clothes I would hardly describe that as oppressive or mean or women hating on each other so far she has not been rude or insulting she just seems like she has seen something different from the norm she was raised with.

I still get your point but women are still their own major problems. Women segregate the unmarried ladies more than men do, they judge and rub their status on their faces, some become desperate and go with anything male available to meet up. Most TTcing women are more often judged by women than men, women without a particular gender of offsprings ( male especially) are often judged by fellow women not men. When my department was contemplating whom to honor as the best graduating student because two people had same aggregate, a male and a female. The ladies were all rooting for the boy with no clear reasons, have you ever come across where women that had normal delivery berate those that had CS? like it's their fault. No doubt women are share holders in their own problems.

Life will get much better if women loved themselves more, some only live to gain male approval, thus all they do is condemn those who doesn't fit into their stereotype. Have you ever noticed how ladies react to threads that features the pic of a beautiful woman? Come see beefing and criticisms....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 06, 2014
Some women see marriage as a serious business while the rest see it as part time venture.

Those that see it as serious business invest their all into it making sure the satisfaction of her family from her sacrifices are paramount. Therefore, washing, sweeping, cleaning is not a duty per se but a hobby she picked up to satisfy her household. On the other hand, most women see marriage as individual thing and in such homefront partners are solely responsible of their comfort. Sacrifices are hardly met as madam cannot go out her way to do mundane things that can be beneficial to hubby.

Ofcourse, if a man marries a modern day woman that fixes expensive nails and find time polishing them daily, one don't need to remind him to either buy a washer or make use of the laundry man. The bottom line is for men to make the decision of marrying "Domesticated" women or the "uptown" ladies.
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Acidosis(m): 9:30am On Sep 06, 2014
SeaGold: Some women see marriage as a serious business while the rest see it as part time venture.

Those that see it as serious business invest their all into it making sure the satisfaction of her family from her sacrifices are paramount. Therefore, washing, sweeping, cleaning is not a duty per se but a hobby she picked up to satisfy her household. On the other hand, most women see marriage as individual thing and in such homefront partners are solely responsible of their comfort. Sacrifices are hardly met as madam cannot go out her way to do mundane things that can be beneficial to hubby.

Ofcourse, if a man marries a modern day woman that fixes expensive nails and find time polishing them daily, one don't need to remind him to either buy a washer or make use of the laundry man. The bottom line is for men to make the decision of marrying "Domesticated" women or the "uptown" ladies.
Cool analysis, ma'am
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Arsenate(m): 10:54am On Sep 06, 2014
you Ladies have turned marriage into a competition. you've all become so selfish is always about you you...everybody eye don too tear. everybody dey form liberated.
let's see how it all pans out, sha. Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Daresh(f): 11:00am On Sep 06, 2014
ireneidiva:
Is he crippled or what

I will ask Seun to create a love button for this post! grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Fkforyou(m): 11:23am On Sep 06, 2014
aisha2: Off topic I remember when the " women are.each others enemies" was throw at me.
Normally for contracts under a sum a committee is setup to review bids and award. One year ibwss made head of the committee and any one who knows me knows am a by the book person.

There was this woman who catered to our events and her services were very poor, food slwaysblate, half cooked rice, dry soups we would agree on a menuband she would bring what she felt like later.
Anyway based on her poor performance we should have just her go but I felt some solidarity to my fellow woman and hoped that if given an opportunity to improve and make a presentation she would do better.
We opened up the bid and she and a young up coming male caterer applied.
When I called her to tell her that she would need to do a presentation to the committee to determine her continuing with us she flared up at me calling me a small girl and she would speak to my oga. I think she spoke to the former person in charge who referred her back to me when she called with apologies.
On the day of the presentation the other caterer cam with great samples, clean presentation and a competitive price, she still assumed it was business as usual and came unprepared, before then she had attempted to do a deal where she will give me 20 percent of the top up and I politely declined.

After the presentation the other guy obviously scored higher but some members were begging that she be given another chance and I asked them how they would feel if they were qualified for a job and it was given to someone else.
When results where out the woman came screaming and shouting saying her pastor had told her a woman will bring her down and women were their worst enemies, I told her the pastor was right but the woman bringing her down was herself and she was her own enemy because she chose to stay mediocre even when given the chance to improve.
Some women think just because they are women the world must tilt in their favor, if a man did what I did she would have said it's because she is a woman and cried gender inequality
Nice.....
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Daresh(f): 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
Arsenate: you Ladies have turned marriage into a competition. you've all become so selfish is always about you you...everybody eye don too tear. everybody dey form liberated.
let's see how it all pans out, sha. Na wa oo

Which is one be liberated again? Abi you put people in cage b4?

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by dazzlingbeau(f): 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
You took the words right out of my mouth
beeevan:

I still get your point but women are still their own major problems. Women segregate the unmarried ladies more than men do, they judge and rub their status on their faces, some become desperate and go with anything male available to meet up. Most TTcing women are more often judged by women than men, women without a particular gender of offsprings ( male especially) are often judged by fellow women not men. When my department was contemplating whom to honor as the best graduating student because two people had same aggregate, a male and a female. The ladies were all rooting for the boy with no clear reasons, have you ever come across where women that had normal delivery berate those that had CS? like it's their fault. No doubt women are share holders in their own problems.

Life will get much better if women loved themselves more, some only live to gain male approval, thus all they do is condemn those who doesn't fit into their stereotype. Have you ever noticed how ladies react to threads that features the pic of a beautiful woman? Come see beefing and criticisms....

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by jayedu108: 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
soonest: I hate washing clothes
so u part of the shamesless women on dis thread attacking @op cos she saying d truth it lazy women dat talk dis way no mata wat it ur responsiblity as a lady to wash ur husband clothes take it or live it.
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by jayedu108: 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
parismarc: I dont wash my husband's clothes because he has two hands and his mama trained him right.
I pity dat man dat married u.
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by soonest(f): 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
jayedu108: so u part of the shamesless women on dis thread attacking @op cos she saying d truth it lazy women dat talk dis way no mata wat it ur responsiblity as a lady to wash ur husband clothes take it or live it.
I don't wash his clothes! Now choose the closest transformer near you and hug.

8 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by ireneidiva(f): 3:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
jayedu108: so u part of the shamesless women on dis thread attacking @op cos she saying d truth it lazy women dat talk dis way no mata wat it ur responsiblity as a lady to wash ur husband clothes take it or live it.
I think the person who can't write proper grammar is more shameless.

11 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
Washing machines and maids caused it
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by beeevan: 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
No, I think women working full time to support men in their duties caused it.

7 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by jayedu108: 8:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
ireneidiva:
empty brain u need some proper home training ur mum need to retrain you,cos u still lack some qualities dat my fellow men wants.
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by jayedu108: 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
soonest:
I don't wash his clothes! Now choose the closest transformer near you and hug.
u are nt a wife den but a sex mate.
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by cococandy(f): 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
Ok. A wife is a laundry machine? grin
jayedu108: u are nt a wife den but a sex mate.

7 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by jayedu108: 9:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
cococandy: Ok. A wife is a laundry machine? grin
But atleast nt watching d man wash his own clothes haba it a taboo and disrespectful.
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by cococandy(f): 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
No it is not.
I agree couples should do things for each other with no holds barred and no restrictions as long as it is within reason.
But saying a man doing his laundry is disrespectful is just lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
jayedu108: But atleast nt watching d man wash his own clothes haba it a taboo and disrespectful.

7 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by ireneidiva(f): 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
jayedu108: empty brain u need some proper home training ur mum need to retrain you,cos u still lack some qualities dat my fellow men wants.
Your fellow man that did not go to school? Nah, I'll pass. Bye

10 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by soonest(f): 9:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
jayedu108: u are nt a wife den but a sex mate.
I forgot to tell you, not only does he wash his clothes,he equally washes mine and irons them straight and neat,just the way I like it. So have you found a transformer of your choice? Ozuoooo
ireneidiva:
My sister see me see trouble. Please see more grammar
jayedu108: empty brain u need some proper home training ur mum need to retrain you,cos u still lack some qualities dat my fellow men wants.

8 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
jayedu108: But atleast nt watching d man wash his own clothes haba it a taboo and disrespectful.

Chai so I have been committing " aru " hiannnnnnnnnnn let me go and appease the gods this night, oga must spank me tonight I have been very very naughty and " disrespectful " chai, may the gods deal with me well well tonight till I scream grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by adebisicutie: 10:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
aisha2:

Chai so I have been committing " are" giant let me go and appease the gods this night, oga must spank me tonight I have been very very naughty and " disrespectful " chai, may the gods deal with me well well tonight till I scream grin grin grin

Lmao, nice reply
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 4:38am On Sep 07, 2014
I don't see any big deal in a wife washing her hubby's clothes,it all depends on how the home is run,and if the wife can accommodate it....I don't think it should be by force like someone is saying, that's it's a taboo, or that it's disrespectful not to wash your husband's clothes...

so if i don't wash his clothes, it means I love him less and have little respect for him undecided na wa o

I don't wash my hubby's clothe or mine either...except for underwears/boxers etc...so after working all week,and cooking all Saturday, na to dey wash clothes on sunday like drycleaner...hubby wouldn't even allow it,we are helpmates for each other not slaves angry

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by beeevan: 8:14am On Sep 07, 2014
A man washing his clothes is a taboo? Please where is this dude from? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by charles316: 9:10am On Sep 07, 2014
MarvellousGod: And this is coming from a woman, what's your business if they don't wash their husbands' clothes? Does it make your family better than theirs? When has it become a crime if a woman doesn't wash for her husband?? If wash your husband's clothes, in law's clothes etc, don't blame others when they don't do same.. it's their family and they will run it the way they deem fit....

Wh@t u do u mean by "and this is coming from a woman"? Agbero woman, so it is wrong for a woman to spot something wrong in fellow women. If it is a man s responsibility to see that d home is okay financially then it is also d woman s role to see that d man s clothes are washed. It doesn't matter how she gets it done. She can use her hand or washing machine, d clothes must be washed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whats Wrong With Answering My Father's Name Along With My Husbands? / Secret Thing Some Wives Do? / Boy-child or Girl-child, does it matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.