Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? (5195 Views)

Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex? / Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? / HOT TOPIC: Advice For Married Women Denying Their Husband Conjugal "Rights" (2) (3) (4)

Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Beingunique(f): 11:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
This is a trend dat i've noticed in some homes around me,some women cannot even bear d thought of waashing their man's clothes.....some do at d 1st year of their marriage after which they suddenly change......i just want to know d reason's behind this sudden change in behaviour......

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by ireneidiva(f): 12:48am On Sep 05, 2014
Beingunique: This is a trend dat i've noticed in some homes around me,some women cannot even bear d thought of waashing their man's clothes.....some do at d 1st year of their marriage after which they suddenly change......i just want to know d reason's behind this sudden change in behaviour......
Is he crippled or what

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by raumdeuter: 1:13am On Sep 05, 2014
Beingunique: This is a trend dat i've noticed in some homes around me,some women cannot even bear d thought of waashing their man's clothes.....some do at d 1st year of their marriage after which they suddenly change......i just want to know d reason's behind this sudden change in behaviour......

Maybe because these women married men who have hands also and are not paralysed.

The womem have other duties that occupy their time and are more profitable to family than cloth washing.

If a woman can go out and make 10,000 does it make sense for her to sit down washing clothes when a washing machine can do a better job for cheaper

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 05, 2014
Why suffer Her,when a washing machine can do better.

Op,we are in Jet age,bro.

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 05, 2014
It depends on families.
In my house we were taught to wash our clothes ourselves. Even my dad prefers washing his clothes himself, if you like wash all his clothes to be whiter than snow he must complain you didn't wash it well.

If you have strength or money for laundry why suffer the poor woman.

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by mapist(m): 2:32am On Sep 05, 2014
softsparkyy: It depends on families.
In my house we were thought to wash our clothes ourselves. Even my dad prefers washing his clothes himself, if you like wash all his clothes to be whiter than snow he must complain you didn't wash it well.

If you have strength or money for laundry why suffer the poor woman.

Hello,Sparky..ow's u?
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 05, 2014
mapist:

Hello,Sparky..ow's u?
I am cool.
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by mapist(m): 2:41am On Sep 05, 2014
softsparkyy:
I am cool.

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 05, 2014
mapist:

Nice one..up for a chat?
Going to bed.
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by mapist(m): 2:50am On Sep 05, 2014
[quote author=softsparkyy]
Going to bed.[/quote

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 2:53am On Sep 05, 2014
mapist:

Ok,cud I drop u a mail atleast? Pmichael135@gmail.com is mine.
Ok Michael goodnight
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by mapist(m): 2:55am On Sep 05, 2014
softsparkyy: Ok Michael goodnight

Yeah but,I dint get urs..
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 4:09am On Sep 05, 2014
That is what washing machines are for

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Pavore9: 5:51am On Sep 05, 2014
When there is even washing machines of N15K which even a child of 9 can easily operate! Hand washing of clothes is not even economical as one uses more soap and the fabric depreciates faster.

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Godmystrength: 6:49am On Sep 05, 2014
because i don't like washing clothes. I don't even wash my own or my baby's own. The highest i can wash are my underwears....

@OP, since you enjoy doing it/intend doing it, then don't be discouraged. keep it up. Nothing bad in ''Beingunique'' anyway.

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 05, 2014
And this is coming from a woman, what's your business if they don't wash their husbands' clothes? Does it make your family better than theirs? When has it become a crime if a woman doesn't wash for her husband?? If wash your husband's clothes, in law's clothes etc, don't blame others when they don't do same.. it's their family and they will run it the way they deem fit....

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by kreamidiva(f): 7:14am On Sep 05, 2014
Does that guarantee a happy,successful and blissful marriage

Op,face ur work!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 05, 2014
Why not ask them directly? I bet you are either not married with children, career and responsibility of caring for the home or married at all. Pls don't find this simple logic confusing grin

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Chaulay1: 7:35am On Sep 05, 2014
See question I leave for work everyday by 6am and come back 7 or 8pm, I have several commitments that occupy my weekends and I still have to create time to bond with my family. So must I hand wash his cloth or mine myself? Op tell me o, what does it cost to get a washing machine or get someone to do the laundry? You need to understand that to many women out there, time is money, time is precious and hand washing for hours is time wasting when there are better options. If you have all the time to hand wash, all good but don't raise your eyebrow if others don't.

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by cococandy(f): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2014
It won't cost you too much to mind your marriage and your husband's clothes.
And leave others do what they wish in theirs.
You know wink

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:31am On Sep 05, 2014
I guess....its because their husbands have two long hands and one big head.

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 05, 2014
Some women wash their husbands clothes, some don't, the world has not stopped. Let each home do what works for them do what works in your home and everyone lives happily ever after.

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by shizzleStar: 2:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
Op asked a simple and harmless question: why don't some women wash their husbands clothes? simply state your reasons and move on, and some people are like, mind your business....nonsense undecided
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by soonest(f): 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
I hate washing clothes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by parismarc: 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
I dont wash my husband's clothes because he has two hands and his mama trained him right.

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by beeevan: 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
When girls are not opening threads about women not pounding yams for their husbands , they are opening about them not washing their husbands clothes, women are really their own enemies.

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
beeevan: When girls are not opening threads about women not pounding yams for their husbands , they are opening about them not washing their husbands clothes, women are really their own enemies.

I disagree that women are their worst enemies. For every cloth washing thread there are 5 support group threads see the marriage counseling and divorce threads are they not opened by women?

If a woman opens a post based on her orientation it doesn't mean she hates other women it may just mean she has a different view of life and see is seeing what is different from how she was raised. At least her own thread was not as condescending as the pounded yam one. It's even good for a healthy debate.

One young girl came from a very remote village and in her shock seeing mature women unmarried made an almostvrude comment lol. Years later she is very focused on school and when reminded of her " so women in the city just stay and remain old without marrying" statement she laughs as the standard in her village was to marry as young as 14, a 16 year old was considered too old.

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by beeevan: 11:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
aisha2:

I disagree that women are their worst enemies. For every cloth washing thread there are 5 support group threads see the marriage counseling and divorce threads are they not opened by women?

If a woman opens a post based on her orientation it doesn't mean she hates other women it may just mean she has a different view of life and see is seeing what is different from how she was raised. At least her own thread was not as condescending as the pounded yam one. It's even good for a healthy debate.

One young girl came from a very remote village and in her shock seeing mature women unmarried made an almostvrude comment lol. Years later she is very focused on school and when reminded of her " so women in the city just stay and remain old without marrying" statement she laughs as the standard in her village was to marry as young as 14, a 16 year old was considered too old.

Women oppress themselves much more than men do. You know there is no comparison between the support groups and these random threads but i do get where you are heading at. Women judge themselves worse than men do, on and off line. There must be a reason people whine more about MIL's than FIL'S, husband sisters than husband ' s brothers, why we hear 'husband snatcher 'more often than 'wife snatcher', women get issues i tell ya.

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
beeevan:
Women oppress themselves much more than men do. You know there is no comparison between the support groups and these random threads but i do get where you are heading at. Women judge themselves worse than men do, on and off line. There must be a reason people whine more about MIL's than FIL'S, husband sisters than husband ' s brothers, why we hear 'husband snatcher 'more often than 'wife snatcher', women get issues i tell ya.

She may have been raised to believe women should wash their husbands clothes hence she is surprised to see women who don't do that, nothing really oppressive in her statement in my view.
I know a woman who hand washes jeans even while pregnant yet the same woman can stay for days without light If oga is not around to buy neva units as she doesn't believe she should use her money for house running she believes that's his job.
Orientation matters, she may not mean any spite or harm

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by soulglo: 12:03am On Sep 06, 2014
aisha2:

She may have been raised to believe women should wash their husbands clothes hence she is surprised to see women who don't do that, nothing really oppressive in her statement in my view.
I know a woman who hand washes jeans even while pregnant yet the same woman can stay for days without light If oga is not around to buy neva units as she doesn't believe she should use her money for house running she believes that's his job.
Orientation matters, she may not mean any spite or harm

It's never too late to learn. Look at your example for instance. This woman thinks that hand washing jeans makes her a valuable asset. She would actually not contribute a penny to her family's living situation because she freaking hand washes clothes. Is that not the very definition of useless? A grown ass woman is counting hand washing clothes as an accomplishment?

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by priest2u(m): 4:23am On Sep 06, 2014
Do all this women saying they can't wash their husband clothes really love their husbands Even with washing machine , isn't it normal to do all laundry both husbands n yours at the same time ? Without washing machine can't you ask to wash your husband cloths along with yours ? What's wrong with this world , no love anymore people are so selfish even to their spouse . Two shall become one in marriage , your hubby cloths is your cloths and a really wise woman should not not see anything wrong in washing her hubby cloth either with washing machine Or with hands . The washing machine is irrelevant to the question. Few women of wisdom on NL.

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 4:36am On Sep 06, 2014
But to be frank, I 'll rather wash 100 female clothes than wash 10 male shirts and trousers.

What!

Na so u go wash wash tire.
And they wear jean for months.

Boy-child or Girl-child, does it matter? / Wives And Submission To Their Husband / A Man Secretly Had Sex With His Lover At Home, How His Wife Found Out Is Amazing