Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,525 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship (1997 Views)

See The Difference Between Dating A Boy And Dating A Man / Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. / Me, My Friend And Bf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Daniel058(m): 7:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
I need an Opinion of a matured and uncorrupted mind on these >DATING,COURTSHIP AND BF/GF relationship ..are they separated or work together..
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
*Sits on bare ground while munching guguru and whistling to oritse femi double wahala*

let the comments start flowing...

I wanna learn grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by MizMyColi(f): 7:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
The terms @Topic all connote the same thing, depending on perspective.

The Mind. It's all in the mind.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Dbestmax(m): 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2014
Op u wan go Tgif Abi I just dey high urself
grin cheesy wink
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
Make I siddon as nlanders come nd tell u d differnts btw dem

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Daniel058(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
Dbestmax: Op u wan go Tgif Abi I just dey high urself
grin cheesy wink
lolz! No gf o!..na them wan highjack me by fire by force oo!
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Shaakasi(f): 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
Just passing by
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Daniel058(m): 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
Shaakasi: Just passing by
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by eph12(m): 8:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
Oya nao! Where dem experts them?!
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Tapout(m): 8:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: *Sits on bare ground while munching guguru and whistling to oritse femi double wahala*

let the comments start flowing...

I wanna learn grin

* sits next to kiddablingzz eating kuli kuli with cold zobo from oga Sean's freezer.........no knowledge is a waste cool

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
Tapout:

* sits next to kiddablingzz eating kuli kuli with cold zobo from oga Sean's freezer.........no knowledge is a waste cool
ma nigga.

Lets do barter with this our kulikuli and guguru.

And that zobo too. grin
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Tapout(m): 9:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: ma nigga.

Lets do barter with this our kulikuli and guguru.

And that zobo too. grin

coolhelp urself bro........e plenty wela cheesy.....oga Sean abeg never lock freezer abeg embarassed
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2014
Tapout:

coolhelp urself bro........e plenty wela cheesy.....oga Sean abeg never lock freezer abeg embarassed
correct man!

So i hear say Nigeria SE dey play congo tommorow
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Daniel058(m): 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: correct man!

Tapout:
KiddaBlingzz: correct man!

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Sanchez01: 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
The three are very different but often misused. I hope my explanation helps though:

Dating: The term "date" means "to have a romantic engagement with somebody". Hence, when people say they are "dating", they tend to mean that they are in a relationship but the word is awfully misapplied. A date involves outing and that someone says "sorry, I'm going out with someone", they think it to be dating as well, whereas it means they have a sound relationship which they are okay with. Therefore, it is wrong to describe our relationship or partner as 'someone we're dating'.

Boyfriend/Girlfriend: This best describes our relationship. The term 'boyfriend/girlfriend' means 'a man/lady with whom somebody has a romantic or sexual relationship'. The term is also considered to be the 'unofficial' term for courting.

Courtship: This term simply means the 'prelude to marriage'. The courtship period is the official term to describing the boyfriend/girlfriend relation. When someone courts, it means the person engages in a relationship shortly before marriage. Hence, the man is no longer regarded a boyfriend but a fiancé, and the girl is no longer a girlfriend but fiancée. And this process takes place before marriage, of course.

The BF/GF cum courtship thing starts before marriage. But the major thing is that one is considered to be more 'serious' than the other, and I'm sure you know which. The 'date' thing is way off. It has no similarity with the two; the only slight thing to note is that people who are courting and those in a romantic relationship, such as the BF and the GF thing can be said to 'date' when they have a romantic meeting somewhere. I do hope you understand.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
Daniel058: see these guys o! This place no be ogogoro joint!...haba!!
we dey help ourselves while waiting to be schooled. grin

mind you, nobody take ogogoro for hia angry

i see say you go like join chop this guguru

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Daniel058(m): 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
Sanchez01: The three are very different but often misused. I hope my explanation helps though:

Dating: The term "date" means "to have a romantic engagement with somebody". Hence, when people say they are "dating", they tend to mean that they are in a relationship but the word is awfully misapplied. A date involves outing and that someone says "sorry, I'm going out with someone", they think it to be dating as well, whereas it means they have a sound relationship which they are okay with. Therefore, it is wrong to describe our relationship or partner as 'someone we're dating'.

Boyfriend/Girlfriend: This best describes our relationship. The term 'boyfriend/girlfriend' means 'a man/lady with whom somebody has a romantic or sexual relationship'. The term is also considered to be the 'unofficial' term for courting.

Courtship: This term simply means the 'prelude to marriage'. The courtship period is the official term to describing the boyfriend/girlfriend relation. When someone courts, it means the person engages in a relationship shortly before marriage. Hence, the man is no longer regarded a boyfriend but a fiancé, and the girl is no longer a girlfriend but fiancée. And this process takes place before marriage, of course.

The BF/GF cum courtship thing starts before marriage. But the major thing is that one is considered to be more 'serious' than the other, and I'm sure you know which. The 'date' thing is way off. It has no similarity with the two; the only slight thing to note is that people who are courting and those in a romantic relationship, such as the BF and the GF thing can be said to 'date' when they have a romantic meeting somewhere. I do hope you understand.
really make sense
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Tapout(m): 10:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: we dey help ourselves while waiting to be schooled. grin

mind you, nobody take ogogoro for hia angry

i see say you go like join chop this guguru

pass am small abeg no time 8-).....nice write up @sanchez01

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by nonxo007(m): 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
difference not differents....(just saying..nothing personal)
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating,courtship And Bf/gf Relationship by Daniel058(m): 11:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
nonxo007: difference not differents....(just saying..nothing personal)
noted and corrected!..thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

"How Premarital S*x Affected Me And My Husband" – Toyin Aimakhu / Why You Should Not Blame Girls Dumping Guys After Magarizing Them / What Is Your Favourite Smiley ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.