Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. (4149 Views)

How To Avoid Sexual Intercourse During Dating And Courtshi / The Things You Must Not Do During Dating / Top 13 Lies Women Tell Men During Dating!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 04, 2015
There are some things that should be considered bright-red flags when dating. Early stages!

1. They Don’t Make You Feel Special
If you are going to be in a relationship with someone they should make you feel special. If you aren’t being made to feel that way then it is time to re-evaluate the situation. Why waste time on a relationship that doesn’t make you feel great.

2. They Can’t Stop Talking About Someone Else
If your significant other can’t stop talking about a co-worker, a “friend”, or goes on and on about someone else they may be guilty of an emotional affair. And what may start off as an emotional affair may not be too far from a physical affair.

3. They Are Dishonest
Watch for even small warning signs of dishonesty. Do they cheat on tests or lie to get out of situations. Often times these small acts of dishonesty will spill over into your relationship too. You may find all of sudden they start to lie about where they have been or who they have been with. Trust is a big issue in a relationship and once it is gone it is tough to get back.

4. They Are Clingy
A relationship works best when two people have their own hobbies and interest apart from the ones that they share as a couple. If your partner clings to you all the time it may be time to question why they have such a strong attachment. Do they really enjoy spending time with you or do they treat you like you are on probation having to check in all the time. No relationship should alter your lifestyle or take away what is important to you.

5. They Have Explosive Anger
Watch out for someone who gets angry over nothing. It can be very telling what kind of person they are if you see them deal with a stressful situation. Do they swear, throw things, hit or yell in relatively minor situation such as dealing with lost luggage or missing a flight. If so you should be asking yourself if you want to be spending any more time with a person with those types of coping skills.

6. They Constantly Tease
Teasing can be very dangerous. At times it can be innocent and fun but if taken too far teasing is like bullying. It can be demeaning towards the other person and devalue them. If you get angry in response you will likely be targeted as not having a sense of humor.

7. They Are Secretive
If your significant other is suddenly a lot more secretive it should be a warning sign that something is up. Taking phone calls in another room, changing the computer screen when you walk in are all clues that your partner is hiding something.

8. Abuse in Any Way
Of course this seems like an obvious one but a lot of times people believe that someone will change or it will be the last time. It won’t be and it isn’t worth trying.

9. They are Selfish
If they not offer to pay while on a date , signs of a gold-digger or gigolo

10. They are Lazy
This can mean there is no ambition, no future goals or career move. These are spoilt brats and can cause problems within the relationship. E.g buy me Brazilian hair .. But yet she doesn't work . Just end it .

And yours... smiley
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 04, 2015
Hm ure very correct dear, a guy that truely loves a woman should be able to take her as a raw egg.

2 Likes

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by MuguliciousMUGU: 7:18pm On May 04, 2015
Nice post, our elders says that "if you carry woman that has a husband, and her husband come back, you will fall from the window, you will your waist, you will also break your hand, you will also break your mouth, infact you will break your teeth too..."
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by kinglekan: 7:20pm On May 04, 2015
Very interesting cheesy
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 04, 2015
Nice one Lala247.

1 Like

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by dharay88: 7:21pm On May 04, 2015
lemme see if i can read ds. sad

#modified#
Daaamn!!! Still couldnt read dat d full story buh nyc points tho.

1 Like

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by spacefreak: 7:22pm On May 04, 2015
I agree with your list. But some people like clingy people once the person doesn't turn out to be a psychopath. I'm just saying. smiley
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 04, 2015
spacefreak:
I agree with your list. But some people like clingy people once the person doesn't turn out to be a psychopath. I'm just saying. smiley

Lol ok i get what u mean
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by LewisO: 7:28pm On May 04, 2015
This is the best thread of the week created by a lady.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by shumuel(m): 7:30pm On May 04, 2015
2,8 & 9 so on point

Modified
i smell Falconey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by spacefreak: 7:31pm On May 04, 2015
Lala247:

Lol ok i get what u mean

Your pics is erm interestingly jaw dropping. Shouldn't have gone there now I feel guilty. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 04, 2015
spacefreak:

Your pics is erm interestingly jaw dropping. Shouldn't have gone there now I feel guilty. cheesy

Ur too kind wink
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 04, 2015
Op.. I wouldn't totally agree with your list. .

There's always cue in helping your partner change from his/her bad habits.. Besides most of those things you mentioned it could probably stem from the fact that there's no true mutual understanding between the partners involved.. .
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by demmy0325(m): 7:35pm On May 04, 2015
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 04, 2015
Your source, pls?

2 Likes

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 04, 2015
[quote author=EricRichie post=33419235]Op.. I wouldn't totally agree with your list. .

There's always cue in helping your partner change from his/her bad habits.. Besides most of those things you mentioned it could probably stem from the fact that there's no true mutual understanding between the partners involved.. . [/quote/]
Yes but u cant go into a relationship hoping to see a change .. If these signs are happening why not leave while its still fresh n feeling are not yet fully involved..
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by MuguliciousMUGU: 7:37pm On May 04, 2015
Lala247:

Ur too kind wink
when my containers arrive from the sea, i promise to give you 100 million naira, 30 million for your hair, 30 million to keep that your ukwu on point, 20 million for your travelling expenses to paris and 20 million to give your mama, because she truly born you well with the necessary packaging that can increase the national income of an country, infact you set die.
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 04, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

when my containers arrive from the sea, i promise to give you 100 million naira, 30 million for your hair, 30 million to keep that your ukwu on point, 20 million for your travelling expenses to paris and 20 million to give your mama, because she truly born you well with the necessary packaging that can increase the national income of an country, infact you set die.

shocked shocked shocked lol wink
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by spacefreak: 7:38pm On May 04, 2015
EricRichie:
Op.. I wouldn't totally agree with your list. .

There's always cue in helping your partner change from his/her bad habits.. Besides most of those things you mentioned it could probably stem from the fact that there's no true mutual understanding between the partners involved.. .

Bro I don't quite agree with you. There are girls that can't just shut up about their ex even after giving them the bomb D. How's that the guy's fault?

You just let her go bleep herself with a cucumber while daydreaming about her ex.

1 Like

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 04, 2015
[quote author=Lala247 post=33419308][/quote]

I once heard the quote like this: you can't possibly expect a change from your partner after marriage. ..

I bet you, the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. .. Don't give me that...

You can't expect to have a perfect man if not why do they say: if you can't get Mr. Right, catch Mr. Left and drag him to the right. .

All am saying is that the best way to change his character is by being by him, through thick and thin in the relationship
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by TheSonOfMark(m): 7:56pm On May 04, 2015

Girls with explosive temperaments turn me off. Sometimes they just assume and jump into conclusions about what they think one has been doing.

The good thing is some of us can just suppress whatever venom we have within and just listen to them talk. I prefer not to say anything when she goes 'crazy'.

I just keep an expressionless face and watch her get whatever she's got locked within her out of her system. Who knows, I might must be lucky to hear the bitter truth.

When she's done ,I'll walk away but not without reminding her that I heard everything she said. I actually believe words said in anger more. She knows how to reach me if she wants else we'll remain incommunicado. Good for my peace of mind smiley.

When she has to be the one who reestablishes contact like 20 times, she'll reduce the frequency of her overly temperamental reactions.

What's wrong with "Kay, there are some things you do I do not like...". We can take up from there.

For some twisted reason girls love breakups and make ups. WE GUYS DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHY.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 04, 2015
spacefreak:

Bro I don't quite agree with you. There are girls that can't just shut up about their ex even after giving them the bomb D. How's that the guy's fault?

You just let her go bleep herself with a cucumber while daydreaming about her ex.

Yeah that's true but hey.. You're talking about an "Ex" but what the Op is referring to is an ongoing relationship
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 04, 2015
Anybody that read that long post up there need to be castrated
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by sheunflexy(m): 8:09pm On May 04, 2015
Lala number 5 hmmmmm.
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by spacefreak: 8:11pm On May 04, 2015
EricRichie:

Yeah that's true but hey.. You're talking about an "Ex" but what the Op is referring to is an ongoing relationship

You misunderstand. Refer to number two on the list. Someone else could be an ex. smiley
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 04, 2015
sheunflexy:
Lala number 5 hmmmmm.
Lol number 4
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Macmilla(m): 8:17pm On May 04, 2015
Lala247:
There are some things that should be considered bright-red flags when dating. Early stages!

1. They Don’t Make You Feel Special
If you are going to be in a relationship with someone they should make you feel special. If you aren’t being made to feel that way then it is time to re-evaluate the situation. Why waste time on a relationship that doesn’t make you feel great.

2. They Can’t Stop Talking About Someone Else
If your significant other can’t stop talking about a co-worker, a “friend”, or goes on and on about someone else they may be guilty of an emotional affair. And what may start off as an emotional affair may not be too far from a physical affair.

3. They Are Dishonest
Watch for even small warning signs of dishonesty. Do they cheat on tests or lie to get out of situations. Often times these small acts of dishonesty will spill over into your relationship too. You may find all of sudden they start to lie about where they have been or who they have been with. Trust is a big issue in a relationship and once it is gone it is tough to get back.

4. They Are Clingy
A relationship works best when two people have their own hobbies and interest apart from the ones that they share as a couple. If your partner clings to you all the time it may be time to question why they have such a strong attachment. Do they really enjoy spending time with you or do they treat you like you are on probation having to check in all the time. No relationship should alter your lifestyle or take away what is important to you.

5. They Have Explosive Anger
Watch out for someone who gets angry over nothing. It can be very telling what kind of person they are if you see them deal with a stressful situation. Do they swear, throw things, hit or yell in relatively minor situation such as dealing with lost luggage or missing a flight. If so you should be asking yourself if you want to be spending any more time with a person with those types of coping skills.

6. They Constantly Tease
Teasing can be very dangerous. At times it can be innocent and fun but if taken too far teasing is like bullying. It can be demeaning towards the other person and devalue them. If you get angry in response you will likely be targeted as not having a sense of humor.

7. They Are Secretive
If your significant other is suddenly a lot more secretive it should be a warning sign that something is up. Taking phone calls in another room, changing the computer screen when you walk in are all clues that your partner is hiding something.

8. Abuse in Any Way
Of course this seems like an obvious one but a lot of times people believe that someone will change or it will be the last time. It won’t be and it isn’t worth trying.

9. They are Selfish
If they not offer to pay while on a date , signs of a gold-digger or gigolo

10. They are Lazy
This can mean there is no ambition, no future goals or career move. These are spoilt brats and can cause problems within the relationship. E.g buy me Brazilian hair .. But yet she doesn't work . Just end it .

And yours... smiley
Nice writeup, but does it apply to ladies too? If yes, then my interest is in no. 9 cos extremely few naija chics will offer to pay while on a date. Lala247, what do you have to say about that?
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 04, 2015
spacefreak:

You misunderstand. Refer to number two on the list. Someone else could be an ex. smiley

Okay. . Confronting her wouldn't be a bad idea on that.. Ask her about her attachment with her ex and get to find out why she can't stop talking about him/her... You'ld be surprised that after discovering what it is, you could tune and turn your relationship for the better,when applying it..
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 04, 2015
Macmilla:

Nice writeup, but does it apply to ladies too? If yes, then my interest is in no. 9 cos extremely few naija chics will offer to pay while on a date. Lala247, what do you have to say about that?

Hmmmm
U know how i feel about lazy ppl lol
Erm Personally I think a lady should offer to pay . The man might still reject it and pay ..
When u dont ask or want .. U just get .. Lol does that make sense smiley

Sharing: i have been on a date where d guy picked me up stopped at the petrol station I insisted n paid for the petrol .. This is even before getting there... Now wt do u think d guy wud think ?
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by sheunflexy(m): 8:26pm On May 04, 2015
[quote author=Lala247 post=33420454]
Lol number 4[/quote if you give them attention they call it Clingy,if u didn't,its either you don't care about them or uv changed...I tire for naija babes oooo.
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by spacefreak: 8:29pm On May 04, 2015
EricRichie:

Okay. . Confronting her wouldn't be a bad idea on that.. Ask her about her attachment with her ex and get to find out why she can't stop talking about him/her... You'ld be surprised that after discovering what it is, you could tune and turn your relationship for the better,when applying it..

The thing being obsessed about is usually very silly. Have you been with a girl who's always asking if you gonna break her heart like the ex? That question is very silly and no matter how many times you answer it, it always comes up.

From being silly it starts getting annoying.

Bottom line relationships shouldn't require so much work for it to work out. It should just work out. That's my ideology btw. smiley
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 04, 2015
[quote author=sheunflexy post=33420880][/quote]

Lol nah i defo dont like clingy ...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Date (and Sleep With!) Religious Girls / PICTURE STORY: If Simba And Nala Were From The Hood (lion King) / Will You Cheat On Her if she's your gal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.