Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? (7837 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by plappville(f): 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2008
Thank God that doesn't exist here, but even if i was to get married in naija i will never welcome that ideal, why should my husband think of getting a second wife at the first place.

They are not always friendly to each other it's wrong to accept to be a second wife.

I want to rock my husband alone oooo just like this till old age Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllsssssssssssssssssssssss.

Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by abujabooks(f): 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2008
It is wrong to be a 2nd wife.

U r her neighbour, she does nt hv 2 be evil 2 u.

It will be different if u live in her house.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by loveway(f): 11:59am On Nov 02, 2008
Being a second wife or third wife is not GOD plan for every woman cos in the life of every woman there is a man somewhere made by GOD for her to love , care, cherish and adore [vice-versa]. going into marriage involves several things beyond materials and physical things,but there has to be 2 major rediness
1- financial rediness
2- emotional rediness. this 2 objectives can only be shared appropiately with a man and a woman( husband and wife) but when there is more than one woman there will be cohesion and persistence crisis and conflict.
thank you. from loveway
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2008
loveway:

Being a second wife or third wife is not GOD plan for every woman because in the life of every woman there is a man somewhere made by GOD for her to love , care, cherish and adore [vice-versa]. going into marriage involves several things beyond materials and physical things,but there has to be 2 major rediness
1- financial rediness
2- emotional rediness. this 2 objectives can only be shared appropiately with a man and a woman( husband and wife) but when there is more than one woman there will be cohesion and persistence crisis and conflict.
thank you. from loveway

So how do you explain the fact that the ratio of women to men is very low.
I just cant handle more than one woman but as to the God aspect, I dont know. He said nothing bout it.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by chyk91(m): 12:32am On Dec 21, 2008
no it is not right
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by tlinks(m): 12:44pm On Dec 23, 2008
Being a second wife is not a bad idea,
but many women and few men will not welcome this idea.
not all second wifey are bad. A lady without a captivating manner is useless, be it first or 2nd
Options for 2nd wifey are planned while some are unexpected,
For men having extra marital affairs, the man might end up impregnating the lady
and she might not want any abortion of a kind,
so therefore the man is left with no option than to take her to the altar or whatsoever

Women should know that its a favour that a man is doing to a them and their family,
cos a man is taking one responsibility off their neck.

Can anyone quote the bible where it is stated clearly that men should marry one wife, even in the quran, i know many of you would argue on this with your own reasoning.
God that make a provision for a man and a wife with their kids will surely make extra provisions with the inclusion of a 2nd wife and her children.

Lets look at the population of women in d world, we would find out that the numbers of female child in every community is more than the male child, and we say one woman to a man, there would be many who would be left out with no man to hold, wont these accept to be a 2nd wifey? In every relationship women try harder than men to be faithful to their spouse, while men cheat as if theres no tomorrow, in boyfriend and gf issues men cheat more than women, if this man or boy eventually marry someone he desired what happen to the other ladies? Wont they mind being the second wife to him or to someone else,***some of you would say "God forbid", listen to the inner you, most of you will*** but many women will not take this, there is coming a time when many men will marry more than one wife becos non of you ladies would like to be single for the rest of your life

***Bonanza! Bonanza!! Bonanza!!!***
THE NATIONAL POPULATION BOARD OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC AS ANNOUNCED

MARRY ONE AND GET ONE FREE
OFFER VALID WHILE STOCK LAST

Check newspapers and posters for details

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by OgaMadam(f): 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2008
So Ok,

Like today, married men have girlfriends on the side anyways, difference between them and polygamy is
there is no deception involved.

in a polygamous home wife 1 knows there others - and she gets to see them, at least her conscience is
aware of them. In these so called monogamous homes, the wife does not even know who her rivals
are. its like she is warring against some unseen forces.

so its not right for most women to be second wives cause the nature of women just doesnt allow them
to share a kitchen or a bed or a man's body with another woman.

but the respect i have for polygamous homes is that it is done in the open and there is no breaking
of trust and deception of another partner.

finito.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by trueluva(f): 3:18am On Dec 26, 2008
That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of. Why would you want to be a second wife. One man for one woman. In the bible it does not say one man and two women. I think being a second wife is not good. And, to answer your question no second wifes are not evil. In movies they play them that way.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by housemkt(f): 12:03pm On Jan 16, 2009
Second, that is PURE ADULTERY., as far as God is concern, I mean in the sight of God, you are just marrying another woman/s husband and we you die, HELL FIRE STRAIGHT
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by freelink(m): 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2009
no
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Sapphic: 6:44pm On Jan 18, 2009
@ Topic, Second wife, no. Third wife (or more), then yes. undecided LOL. it is the stupid women that allow themselves to be made second/third/fourth wives that I blame. However, if the man already has a 2nd wife, then the 2nd wife cannot complain if he marries a new wife on top of her.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by C2H5OH(f): 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2009
@Topic,

I can assure you it's not wrong.

Sapphic:

@ Topic, Second wife, no. Third wife (or more), then yes. undecided LOL. it is the stupid women that allow themselves to be made second/third/fourth wives that I blame. However, if the man already has a 2nd wife, then the 2nd wife cannot complain if he marries a new wife on top of her.
Explain what makes these women stupid? Judgmental much?
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Sapphic: 1:16am On Jan 19, 2009
C2H5OH:

Explain what makes these women stupid? Judgmental much?

The same thing that would make a man who shares his wife willingly with another man stupid.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Pepeye(f): 1:56am On Jan 19, 2009
No matter how it might look such journey is usually paved with trouble
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Taken(m): 5:04am On Jan 19, 2009
@ poster

Some of this issue is pretty simple cus based on logic and reasoning, true marriage is between a man and a woman.

Many women should be educated - since there are still many single men around, what is such woman doing as a second or third wife.

Please it is not right at all.

Ok guys, would you be the second husband?
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by TOYOSI20(f): 5:09am On Jan 19, 2009
Taken:

@ poster

Some of this issue is pretty simple cus based on logic and reasoning, true marriage is between a man and a woman.

Many women should be educated - since there are still many single men around, what is such woman doing as a second or third wife.

Please it is not right at all.

Ok guys, would you be the second husband?

Very well said!!! smiley
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by dayokanu(m): 5:28am On Jan 19, 2009
Too many women in the world. The ratio of women to menis too high so a 1:1 ratio would leave many women single
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Taken(m): 5:47am On Jan 19, 2009
Still, it is wrong to educate women to queue up as wives.

I do know about a related facts that says there will be lesser men and more women.

Currently, there are still lots of single brothers around - and some of them are aging out, so what are these women doing then?
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by TOYOSI20(f): 5:49am On Jan 19, 2009
Ain't that the truth. . .I've always believed in everyone having that one special person out there for him/her

so really what gives?? undecided
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by C2H5OH(f): 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2009
The same thing that would make a man who shares his wife willingly with another man stupid.
i still want to know what that thing is. when you come back you better answer the question.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by oludashmi(f): 10:23am On Jun 05, 2009
Even if she acts and behaves like an Angel such that everyone adores her, she is still a thief and an intruder.

lucabrasi:

its not right,im from a polygamous family and i can tell you that you might see them all getting along but there are always undercurrents,tensions in the house,petty jelousy envy [/b]e.t.c and this is assuming money isnt an issue

Yes, that' true.

Okija_juju:

[b]So how do you explain the fact that the ratio of women to men is very low.

I just cant handle more than one woman but as to the God aspect, I dont know. He said nothing bout it.

Even if the ratio of women to men becomes 1 : 50, it doesn't concern you. Marry yours and leave others. There is a man somewhere for every woman and having more than a wife at once shows that you have just deprived a man of his true wife. And if marries another woman, he might have a marital problem.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Lagosboy: 11:39am On Jun 05, 2009
There is nothing wrong in it. A woman can be a second wife.

See all these women saying no it is wrong , why should a woman settle for less blah blah blah.

Have you all asked yourself why thousands of Nigerian girls date married men?, Have u asked yourself why women are in no short supply for married men, Have you asked yourself how tuface would have 5 kids from 5 women and thousands of girls still want to sleep with him??

We humans dont like to face reality and practicality of life. Even in the west many married men have mistresses, whyy are these mistresses dating the married men. Why does Berlusconi of Italy have several girls aside his enstranged wife??

Hypocriciy is rife in our hearts and we love to shy away from the truth. Many women here on NL will happily walk put their fingers for Donald Duke or other state governors to marry them. Women love money , fame and power and that is a fact of life till eternity.

There is nothing eveil about polygamy if practised sincerely with the fear of God.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Ben13: 11:58am On Jun 05, 2009
A second wife? don't like it sad
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by emilyone(f): 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2009
Lagosboy:

See all these women saying no it is wrong , why should a woman settle for less blah blah blah.

Have you all asked yourself why thousands of Nigerian girls date married men?, Have u asked yourself why women are in no short supply for married men, Have you asked yourself how tuface would have 5 kids from 5 women and thousands of girls still want to sleep with him??

We humans dont like to face reality and practicality of life. Even in the west many married men have mistresses, whyy are these mistresses dating the married men. Why does Berlusconi of Italy have several girls aside his enstranged wife??

Hypocriciy is rife in our hearts and we love to shy away from the truth. Many women here on NL will happily walk put their fingers for Donald Duke or other state governors to marry them. Women love money , fame and power and that is a fact of life till eternity.

There is nothing eveil about polygamy if practised sincerely with the fear of God.

well said bro
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by JJYOU: 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2009
Lagosboy:

Have you all asked yourself why thousands of Nigerian girls date married men?, Have u asked yourself why women are in no short supply for married men, Have you asked yourself how tuface would have  5 kids from 5 women and thousands of girls still want to sleep with him??

lagos boy stop defending the indefensible which God does a man dipping his thing into different wells fear? does it make sence to you that a human being that says he fears God will have 2 or more wives? i cant believe in this day and age you guys still advocate this early grave mind set. 

dont you see the back wardness, wickedness and evil this lifestyle has on any society that practice it?.
emilyone:

well said bro
can ia sk why you as woman think this is well said? what is well in anyone doing the rounds passing you know what about?
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by biola44: 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2009
no, tokunbo love aint good! grin
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by JustGood(m): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2009
Is the question about being a second wife or being a concubine?
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Lagosboy: 4:08pm On Jun 05, 2009
JJYOU:

lagos boy stop defending the indefensible which God does a man dipping his thing into different wells fear? does it make sence to you that a human being that says he fears God will have 2 or more wives? i cant believe in this day and age you guys still advocate this early grave mind set.

dont you see the back wardness, wickedness and evil this lifestyle has on any society that practice it?. can ia sk why you as woman think this is well said? what is well in anyone doing the rounds passing you know what about?

The same God Abraham who had two wives feared, the same God Solomon who had 1 thousand feared, the same one David who had several feared, the same one many of the prophets of God who had several wives feared.

Polygamy is no backwardness but the reality and practical solution to the excess women in our midst. Our fore fathers practised it, it was pratcised in europe, asia, middle east and alomost all regions of the world.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by JJYOU: 4:21pm On Jun 05, 2009
Lagosboy:

The same God Abraham who had two wives feared, the same God Solomon who had 1 thousand feared, the same one David who had several feared, the same one many of the prophets of God who had several wives feared.

Polygamy is no backwardness but the reality and practical solution to the excess women in our midst. Our fore fathers practised it, it was pratcised in europe, asia, middle east and alomost all regions of the world.

i tot i saw you and your folks somewhere talking about the middle east?

how did you not catch the fact that it was abrahams failings ( one wife + one pregnant maid) is one of the main cause of the midle eastern wahala?

do you want the wahala his sons had in your own family.

i have a naija moslem friend on you tube comment on her fathers foto tagged from a sister from another mother " daddy do not rest becos the mess you left behind has still not been solved 6yrs after you slept". would you want such things written about you?

you can come out defending good things dont come out defending backward habits like having multiple partners this day and age. most poligamous homes are actively disfunctional homes.

in naija today most young men dont have the finance to fund one woman let alone multiple would you subscribe to women pilling as many men as they can afford men the house? you know it is a buyers market out there. what do you think?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece / Trendy Native Wears For The For Men, Women And Kids / Can I Marry Without My Parents Consent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.