Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures (20745 Views)

PHOTOS: The Most Dangerous Things People Do In Lagos / Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) / 10 Of The World’s Most Dangerous Prisons:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 06, 2014
Swimming is one of the most healthiest sports that you can do. But not in open ocean. Better find a swimming pool or stay close to coast when you want to swim. Check out 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures …

10. Fire Coral

You can look, but do not touch! They are the reason why scuba divers use gloves. Fairly closely related to jellyfish and anemones these small organisms can deliver a power sting with it’s invisible tentacles. The results can vary from a mild irritation to severe pains and is sometimes even associated with nausea and vomiting.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 06, 2014
9. Lionfish

Lionfishes are found in the Caribbean and Eastern Atlantic. They are part of the ‘Scorpionfish’ family. Probably they are one of the most beautiful sea creatures in the oceans. But better don’t get close to them. While a sting from a lionfish is not deadly these fish can provide a very painful attack with some powerful venom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 06, 2014
8. Sea Snakes

Already all snake family is dangerous. You can check our 10 Most Venomous Snakes In World article here. Sea snakes can be found in Indian Ocean and Pacific oceans. They can reach a maximum length of between 4 and 5 feet while some species can reach lengths of up to 10 feet. Sea Snakes aren’t aggressive animals but due to the amount of toxicity in some of the species venom, they are in the list of most dangerous sea creatures. Human attacts are rare but better keep an eye on a sea snake when it is around.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 06, 2014
7. Stingrays

Stingrays are one of the more passive creatures in oceans and hardly ever attack. The majority of stingray incidents happen when divers and swimmers accidentally step on them, causing the stingray to defend itself using it’s sting. While majority of stingray ‘attacks’ are not serious, there are some stingray species which can be fatal. Better watch your step when you dive.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Nobody: 1:18am On Sep 06, 2014
6. Tiger Shark

Thanks to ‘’Jaws’’ series, we all know shark family is dangerous. Commonly known as sea tiger, the tiger shark is a relatively large macropredator, capable of attaining a length of over 5 m. The tiger shark is a solitary, mostly nocturnal hunter. Its diet includes a wide variety of prey, ranging from crustaceans, fish, seals, birds, squid, turtles, and sea snakes; to dolphins and even other smaller sharks. So they can basically eat humans too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 06, 2014
5. Great White Shark

This predator is no stranger to the list of dangerous animals and is almost constantly and incorrectly perceived as the world’s most dangerous animal. The nature of the Great White is often misunderstood, the Great White is not out on a mission to attack every human being that steps foot in the water. The Great White tends to attack humans when they are hunting for food, it’s nothing more than basic instinct.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Nobody: 1:22am On Sep 06, 2014
4. Stonefish

This strange looking fish, despite it’s somewhat small size (up to 12 inches) is regarded as the most venomous fish in existence. It’s camouflaged body can keep it perfectly hidden between rocks underwater, adding to its danger. It’s the dorsal fins you have to be worry of, which are sharp enough to pierce through a shoe so watch your step.

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Nobody: 1:23am On Sep 06, 2014
3. Blue-Ringed Octopus

Another small creature that packs a big venomous punch is the blue-ringed octopus. Growing no more than 8 inches in length, this cephalopod feeds on small crabs and shrimp, yet still has enough venom to kill a human. In fact, they have enough venom to kill nearly 30 humans within a matter of minutes. To put it another way, its venom is 10,000 times more powerful than cyanide.

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 06, 2014
2. Crocodiles

I don’t know if it is really necessary to write down how dangerous crocodiles are. They can basically swallow you once with their big mouth.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 06, 2014
1. Chironex (Box Jellyfish)

Box Jellyfish is also on our 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World list.The most dangerous creature in the ocean doesn’t have a venomous bite, rows of sharp teeth, or even an obvious mouth for that matter. But nevertheless, the box jellyfish, also known as the sea wasp, is more responsible for human deaths on the continent of Australia than snakes, sharks, and saltwater crocodiles put together.

5 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Caseless2: 2:08am On Sep 06, 2014
Na oyibo people you go warn. Wetin wan take me enta sea go swim? Wetin concern blackman with going to the sea to swim? Left to us all wild animals (both on land and sea) should be killed and none left to be filmed for animal documentary on NATGEO WILD.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Caseless2: 2:12am On Sep 06, 2014
Vanellope: 5. Great White Shark

This predator is no stranger to the list of dangerous animals and is almost constantly and incorrectly perceived as the world’s most dangerous animal. The nature of the Great White is often misunderstood, the Great White is not out on a mission to attack every human being that steps foot in the water. The Great White tends to attack humans when they are hunting for food, it’s nothing more than basic instinct.
story for amadioha and ogun.
The underlined word is, they can kill, and no one cares if they do that when hungry or not. They are not misunderstood; they're dangerous as they're seen, especially when they need u on their dinning table.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by MizMyColi(f): 3:59am On Sep 06, 2014
OP, all I see above are creatures of immense beauty and design.

All the same, please do remind me not to near any body of water that can cover one-quarter of my body mass.

Thank you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by DeHero1: 4:02am On Sep 06, 2014
The most dangerous animal on land: MAN!

14 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by slimpoppa(m): 6:06am On Sep 06, 2014
so many deadly creatures under the sea.

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by AdekunleSegun(m): 6:07am On Sep 06, 2014
Man remains the most dangerous creature in Nature

thank GOD for ebola, the monkeys and game animals can now live in peace....according to an agroforestry lecturer in Great UNIBEN

this got me laughing
Caseless2: story for amadioha and ogun.
The underlined word is, they can kill, and no one cares if they do that when hungry or not. They are not misunderstood; they're dangerous as they're seen, especially when they need u on their dinning table.
cheesy

12 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by habex005(m): 6:10am On Sep 06, 2014
They are sea creatures not land creatures. Wetin I want go do there set.

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by priscaoge(f): 6:10am On Sep 06, 2014
That Fire Coral looks like roots of an Iroko Treeshockedshocked

4 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by DickDastardly(m): 6:11am On Sep 06, 2014
Now where is mami-water on that list

11 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by molydonhenry(m): 6:11am On Sep 06, 2014
These creatures r really dangerous, Buh I fear Ebola more

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by nairaman66(m): 6:12am On Sep 06, 2014
Sting rays or Ebola, I don't know which is deadlier?

Anyone remember the TV presenter who died on NAT GEO from a sting ray venom couple of years ago? It was so instant!

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by fashoo2010(m): 6:12am On Sep 06, 2014
Warning to those that can swim in any water...
Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by priscaoge(f): 6:13am On Sep 06, 2014
That Octopus and Stonefish is really something else. Seriously God is d ultimate Creator!

5 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by sunnedee: 6:14am On Sep 06, 2014
Caseless2: story for amadioha and ogun.
Dining table indeed. Very funny.

Vanellope: 3. Blue-Ringed Octopus
Another small creature that packs a big venomous punch is the blue-ringed octopus. Growing no more than 8 inches in length, this cephalopod feeds on small crabs and shrimp, yet still has enough venom to kill a human. In fact, they have enough venom to kill nearly 30 humans within a matter of minutes. To put it another way, its venom is 10,000 times more powerful than cyanide.

Merely looking at the blue ringed octopus gives me the creeps.
undecided

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by DaVinChiSam(m): 6:14am On Sep 06, 2014
Vanellope: 6. Tiger Shark

Thanks to ‘’Jaws’’ series, we all know shark family is dangerous. Commonly known as sea tiger, the tiger shark is a relatively large macropredator, capable of attaining a length of over 5 m. The tiger shark is a solitary, mostly nocturnal hunter. Its diet includes a wide variety of prey, ranging from crustaceans, fish, seals, birds, squid, turtles, and sea snakes; to dolphins and even other smaller sharks. So they can basically eat humans too.

See as this one open mouth like say em forget to chop somebody and the person dey escape

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Aklofs: 6:14am On Sep 06, 2014
who sabi d latest about ABACHA??

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by chiefololade: 6:15am On Sep 06, 2014
Anything with list dey always make front page true true
Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by dridowu: 6:15am On Sep 06, 2014
ok
Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Femistico(m): 6:15am On Sep 06, 2014
ok
Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Ezedon(m): 6:16am On Sep 06, 2014
OP since i cant swim in an OPEN OCEAN, i hope i'll not find these animals in a CLOSED OCEAN
Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by Bobbystanley(m): 6:16am On Sep 06, 2014
Where is Mami Water?

This list is incomplete without that oo. :

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Dangerous Sea Creatures by osjoshua(m): 6:17am On Sep 06, 2014
. Any water I like I enter...Op abeg no enlighten me cos 'WETIN U NO KNOW NO GO KILL U' ... cheesy cheesy cheesy

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland Forum Participation Guidelines / 7 Types Of Lies People Tell / 2 Usmanu Danfodiyo University Students Die In Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.