Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

The Forte - Dating And Meet-up Zone (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / The Forte (16089 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Forte by AfricanApple(f): 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
Xcapist:

AWOL (Absent WithOut Leave) it is a military term that means leaving without the proper permission from the right authority. It colloquially translates to the expression "disappear in to thin air"...to just go missing in short.

I see you're a big fan of Ann Rule. You should probably go be a detective or something so the knowledge doesn't go to waste wink why do you like her books?

I've read Five Love Languages. It's definitely a must read for every one. My two predominant love languages are Physical Touch and Quality Time. I give the book a 4.5 out of 5. I'd like to read Jennifer and her selves. Does it touch on the multiple personality phenomenon?

I've skimmed through 48 Laws of power...I don't know, but frankly, I find some of his laws overtly manipulative. Maybe this may sound rather naive to you but I'd like to think that I don't need to manipulate any one to get breaks in life. And I know when people are trying to manipulate me using the laws, thanks to my keen intuitiveness and Greene.

I've not read Corrie's biography but my sister has and I'm very familiar with the story of her extraordinary feat of forgiveness and love. I've also come upon many of her quotes on www.goodreads.com I like Ben Carson. I've read the book and seen the movie. He's such an inspiration to many young people.
lmao, me ke, detective kwa, I can't even go for anything close to it.

I like Ann Rule becos dats d author dat usually come my way, u don't often found true crimes like dat.

my predominant is quality time, every other thing comes equal

yes Jennifer and herselves talks about a woman having two personalities, haven't finished though

errrmmm, I agree with u that 48 laws of power is manipulative but then u know there are some times in our lives that we might have to use manipulation in dealing with people else u will be dealt with.
it doesn't sound naive to me though cos everyone has their opinion and believe. but dat book is really an eye opener, besides u can apply d wisdom of the book to your dealings without been manupulative

for u to mention forgiveness shows u are truly familiar with her. I wish to be like her in dat aspect as I find it hard to forgive people. I haven't come across her quotes though

I'm not aware that gifted hand has a video version, would love to watch it but I know such will very difficult to get

any other biographies u know with good inspirations?
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
MizMyColi:

1st
grin
Busted! tongue
Guess mine?

2nd
Thank You!
Thank You!!!!

Exactly Why I dropped the book undecided

Words of Affirmation and Quality Time.
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
Xcapist:

Words of Affirmation and Quality Time.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

I haven't even taken the time to decipher the second one.

I'll get bk to you on the QT part wink

1 Like

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
MizMyColi, I want to send you a PM.
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 11:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
Xcapist: MizMyColi, I want to send you a PM.

grin grin grin grin
Oya na grin

1 Like

Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 11:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hi Enygmababe.
I saw your mention on opening my Alternate moniker account.

Thanks for pleading for me. kiss

I'm wondering tho'
Is this your main account?
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 03, 2014
One musn't look too far for a treat,
Nor storm his thoughts fivefold with his senses
Nor ascend to seventh heaven
Nor pull to oneself all pleasure
Before finding a blissful night in
Your tent of friendship

For MizMyColi
Today's "hi" smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 8:16am On Oct 03, 2014
goofyone: One musn't look too far for a treat,
Nor storm his thoughts fivefold with his senses
Nor ascend to seventh heaven
Nor pull to oneself all pleasure
Before finding a blissful night in
Your tent of friendship

For MizMyColi
Today's "hi" smiley

Yippeeee!!! grin

Good to see you, Phil!

Lolest.

I'm particularly bright this morning.

It's prolly because I'm putting on red grin

Lol

Hian!

Phil, you won't believe whaa happened Y'day.

Every desire for hunger left me.
Azzin, I saw food, but I just didn't feel like eating.

I wasn't hungry.
Okay, there's this canteen I'd normally buy food from.
Somehow, the thought of eating Meat or its component felt irritating.
shocked

I ended up ordering toasts and tea.
I wasn't even hungry at the time.
I just had to eat sha.

LoL

See what you've done to me embarassed

cheesy Let's hope Miz's food community doesn't sue you.
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
MizMyColi:

Yippeeee!!! grin

Good to see you, Phil!

Lolest.

I'm particularly bright this morning.

It's prolly because I'm putting on red grin

Lol

Hian!

Phil, you won't believe whaa happened Y'day.

Every desire for hunger left me.
Azzin, I saw food, but I just didn't feel like eating.

I wasn't hungry.
Okay, there's this canteen I'd normally buy food from.
Somehow, the thought of eating Meat or its component felt irritating.
shocked

I ended up ordering toasts and tea.
I wasn't even hungry at the time.
I just had to eat sha.

LoL

See what you've done to me embarassed

cheesy Let's hope Miz's food community doesn't sue you.

Lol. I hope it's not a problem I infected you with this vegan virus already. But me sef, I need company here.
Nice to read from you, always nice to read from you.

This is Day 2 of being a vegetarian; and honestly it's not hard at all for me. I think I might be able to keep this on long enough. I have had only one meal today, plant-based of course. Nothing else. Spag, leaves (like I'm a goat already, hehehe), rice, potatoes, and a mix of cucumber, tomatoes, onions, ginger and garlic. Was actually quite delicious. Had it with bread.
Here, it's not hard to keep a vegetarian diet. So, I'm going to go on with this, for a while.

When I remember the look of the faces of those animals I've seen being slaughtered, I really just don't want to go back to eating meat or animal flesh. At least one person opting out will be one less mouth to feed, and some animals less to kill. Such look of despai
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
goofyone:

Lol. I hope it's not a problem I infected you with this vegan virus already. But me sef, I need company here.

This is Day 2 of being a vegetarian; and honestly it's not hard at all for me. I think I might be able to keep this on long enough. I have had only one meal today, plant-based of course. Nothing else. Spag, leaves (like I'm a goat already, hehehe), rice, potatoes, and a mix of cucumber, tomatoes, onions, ginger and garlic. Was actually quite delicious. Had it with bread.
Here, it's not hard to keep a vegetarian diet. So, I'm going to go on with this, for a while.

When I remember the look of the faces of those animals I've seen been slaughtered, I really just don't want to go back to eating meat or animal flesh. At least one person opting out will be one less mouth to feed, and some animals less to kill. Such look of despair and fright in their faces before they lose their lives, these animals. And a final damp lifeless look when they finally don't breathe again! F...u..ck it, I'm out of that carnivorous lifestyle and hope I'll never have to go back to it.

MizMyColi, I should say it. I derive a lot of inspiration from reading your posts, and from talking to you. Please don't ever leave NL. And if you do, make sure to direct me to your next stop so I can keep following you and your writing bumper to bumper. Thanks!

Phillip

You haf finished me.

Jeeezz, how are you able to do it?
Thinkers aren't supposed to be this expressive, yet you are!
Romantic too. shocked

Well, lipsrsealed lemee reserve my comments for now.

Hmmm

Phil

I bought food in the canteen today, no meat shocked

Buh I ate egg cry *facepalm*

How are you?
You good?

I take it you don't wanna tell me your exact location?
Tell me joor

Ah won't Man-nap you.
Promise grin
Re: The Forte by AfricanApple(f): 12:28am On Oct 04, 2014
goofyone:

When I remember the look of the faces of those animals I've seen being slaughtered, I really just don't want to go back to eating meat or animal flesh. At least one person opting out will be one less mouth to feed, and some animals less to kill. Such look of despai
sorry to poke my left nose o but do u have a sickness? was that what your doc told u?
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 4:09am On Oct 04, 2014
AfricanApple: sorry to poke my left nose o but do u have a sickness? was that what your doc told u?

Lol, it's allowed to poke your left nose. But nope, i don't have a sickness and this is not doctor-recommended. Only three days ago i was a voracious carnivore. Lately, i just feel like chasing something more humane. I just feel like following some of my internal desires. This is one of them.
Look it up. Being a vegeterian is actually way healthier than eating meat. smiley
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 4:19am On Oct 04, 2014
MizMyColi:

You haf finished me.

Jeeezz, how are you able to do it?
Thinkers aren't supposed to be this expressive, yet you are!
Romantic too. shocked

Well, lipsrsealed lemee reserve my comments for now.

Hmmm

Phil

I bought food in the canteen today, no meat shocked

Buh I ate egg cry *facepalm*

How are you?
You good?

I take it you don't wanna tell me your exact location?
Tell me joor

Ah won't Man-nap you.
Promise grin

Don't worry, you'll get used to it in the long run. That's if your mum doesn't start wondering if you need deliverance sha when you don't eat her sumptuous meals anymore, lol.

Egg is good, but i hope you know the yolk ain't that healthy. Just saying. Look it up, you are the Google expert.

About being expressive? I could be when i want to. I'm not fazed by others' attention, especially when the person involved is MizMyColi.

Yeah, I'm fine today. Great. I've been changing location in recent days, so you'll really want me to start mentioning too many places. I could tell you over there sha (off camera). wink

1 Like

Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 9:07am On Oct 04, 2014
goofyone:

Don't worry, you'll get used to it in the long run. That's if your mum doesn't start wondering if you need deliverance sha when you don't eat her sumptuous meals anymore, lol.

Egg is good, but i hope you know the yolk ain't that healthy. Just saying. Look it up, you are the Google expert.

About being expressive? I could be when i want to. I'm not fazed by others' attention, especially when the person involved is MizMyColi.

Yeah, I'm fine today. Great. I've been changing location in recent days, so you'll really want me to start mentioning too many places. I could tell you over there sha (off camera). wink

Off Camera it is then.

I'll expect a dissertation of your trip, when you're back of course. grin

Awwwww.........
Now I'm Blussshing cheesy

Now that you mention the yolk thing, It's hightime I let go completely.
Somedays I eat it, other days I strictly follow the rules.
It ends today.

Hmmmmm....... I think you make a very fine leader cool
And to think, you think you're not a good enough charmer?
Well hellooo, I'm your testimony grin

I like that you're doing great.
Please keep on.
Re: The Forte by AfricanApple(f): 10:37am On Oct 04, 2014
goofyone:

Lol, it's allowed to poke your left nose. But nope, i don't have a sickness and this is not doctor-recommended. Only three days ago i was a voracious carnivore. Lately, i just feel like chasing something more humane. I just feel like following some of my internal desires. This is one of them.
Look it up. Being a vegeterian is actually way healthier than eating meat. smiley
talking about being humane, u forgot that plants also have a life, they breathe, grow like human, so isn't that same thing as eating meat

1 Like

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
AfricanApple:
talking about being humane, u forgot that plants also have a life, they breathe, grow like human, so isn't that same thing as eating meat
I actually thought about that. But thank heavens, plants don't feel pain. I'm more disturbed by the pain I see (and can imagine!) being felt by animals at the slaughter. That really is it for me.
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
MizMyColi:

Off Camera it is then.

I'll expect a dissertation of your trip, when you're back of course. grin

Awwwww.........
Now I'm Blussshing cheesy

Now that you mention the yolk thing, It's hightime I let go completely.
Somedays I eat it, other days I strictly follow the rules.
It ends today.

Hmmmmm....... I think you make a very fine leader cool
And to think, you think you're not a good enough charmer?
Well hellooo, I'm your testimony grin

I like that you're doing great.
Please keep on.

Don't worry. A dissertation you will get, lol.

1 Like

Re: The Forte by AfricanApple(f): 11:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
goofyone:

I actually thought about that. But thank heavens, plants don't feel pain. I'm more disturbed by the pain I see (and can imagine!) being felt by animals at the slaughter. That really is it for me.
I see
Re: The Forte by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hi Mizmycoli,
how're u doing?

i have a lil question to ask u about your siggy.
is that your bday?
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 11:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
LogoDWhiz:
Hi Mizmycoli,
how're u doing?

i have a lil question to ask u about your siggy.
is that your bday?

Yes Sir,
It is grin
Re: The Forte by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
MizMyColi:

Yes Sir,
It is grin

Lol. Please, i'm not yet a sir.
You make me feel old.

3 days before mine.

Aries.

1 Like

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 06, 2014
Question! How does banning work?

Can one get kicked out of a single thread?

Can one get banned for no reason at all?
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 9:24am On Oct 06, 2014
Xcapist:
Question! How does banning work?

Can one get kicked out of a single thread?

Can one get banned for no reason at all?

yeah, if you derail or do space booking tins.
I thought as much too.

Who banned you?
Scopy, mynd or Auntyspambot?
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 06, 2014
MizMyColi:

yeah, if you derail or do space booking tins.
I thought as much too.

Who banned you?
Scopy, mynd or Auntyspambot?

I didn’t receive any info about the ban. My post has been taken down, and I can no long "reply" or like anything on the thread.
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 10:24am On Oct 06, 2014
Xcapist:

I didn’t receive any info about the ban. My post has been taken down, and I can no long "reply" or like anything on the thread.

Okay, click on your profile, scroll down......you should see a message. Expecting feedback.
Re: The Forte by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:24am On Oct 06, 2014
Xcapist:

I think Auntie Spam bot banned u

complain to the mods or supermods
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

I think Auntie Spam bot banned u

complain to the mods or supermods

Wallahi it is her that banned me. Ban expires on the 8th
Re: The Forte by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
Xcapist:

Wallahi it is her that banned me. Ban expires on the 8th

lol. That's how she bans.

And she will remove the post.

Complain to the mods or supermods and it will be fixed.

She has done it to me more than thrice.
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

lol. That's how she bans.

And she will remove the post.

Complain to the mods or supermods and it will be fixed.

She has done it to me more than thrice.

Thanks bro. You've been so helpful.
Re: The Forte by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
Xcapist:

Thanks bro. You've been so helpful.

Uwc. Glad i could help.

Hope the situation has been sorted out?
Re: The Forte by daveP(m): 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
I GONNA STEP IN THE NAME OF LOVE.OOOOHHHHH cheesy
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
Biko, where is Missslimbody

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nigeria Adult Forum Hookup Zone On Bbm / People Who Should Be Twins On Romance Section / February Born ''the LUV Month'' Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.