Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? (3378 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by beckyomas(f): 7:42am On Sep 29, 2014
This e-fight is getting hot o. I'm here to watch sha.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 7:55am On Sep 29, 2014
beckyomas: This e-fight is getting hot o. I'm here to watch sha.

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by beckyomas(f): 8:00am On Sep 29, 2014
logicboy01:

you have to share the pop corn o,
btw, when you decide to run away from Nija, dont forget me o.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 29, 2014
logicboy01:

over 150 million people and still having one of the highest birth rates in the world.

Resources in all states are not enough for the masses. The federal govt housing projects can only work for 20 percent of the population

Unemployment is in double figures and the same with illiteracy.

7th most populous country in the world

Yet produces one of the least GDP amongst the top 10 most populous countries in the world.

To say nigeria is not overpopulated is the height of ignorance. To mandate childbirth for couples in an overpopulated country is even worse.

I am very disappointed that you are unaware that your points are cases for inadequate enterprise and a shady re-distribution of the Country's wealth.

I gave an expo in my response to masonkz yet you could not decipher? The bold part of your comment is exceptionally dumb. One need not be a guru in Economics to see how ridiculous that comment is.

I can excuse you for making silly comments on Religious matters but when it comes to 'secular' matters, especially with respect to the Economy, I just can't look the other way.

Kindly stick to your Religious bashing if the Economy is a bit too complicated for you to understand.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 9:20am On Sep 29, 2014
striktlymi:

I am very disappointed that you are unaware that your points are cases for inadequate enterprise and a shady re-distribution of the Country's wealth.

I gave an expo in my response to masonkz yet you could not decipher? The bold part of your comment is exceptionally dumb. One need not be a guru in Economics to see how ridiculous that comment is.

I can excuse you for making silly comments on Religious matters but when it comes to 'secular' matters, especially with respect to the Economy, I just can't look the other way.

Kindly stick to your Religious bashing if the Economy is a bit too complicated for you to understand.

Last time I checked, I studied economics at a graduate level.

Please, point out where my argument is lacking from a macroeconomic point of view.

You are just dodging. Nigeria is overpopulated by all means......except one (land mass)

Resources can not even meet the demand of half the population. We are not even factoring that the population is growing.

Health sector inadequate.
Housing sector inadequate.
Employment opportunities inadequate.

Even if we improve the manufacturing sector, the housing and health sectors, it wouldnt be able to sustain the population at a reasonable cost. The number of illiterates, unemployable etc and their birthrates that produce such people are just too damn high.

Our universities cant even handle the amount of high school leavers. Both public and private. Not even mentioning those that didnt even finis high school.

Where will the employable people come from?

Illiterate gatemen and drivers having 6 children from each wife.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 29, 2014
logicboy01:

Last time I checked, I studied economics at a graduate level.

Please, point out where my argument is lacking from a macroeconomic point of view.

You are just dodging. Nigeria is overpopulated by all means......except one (land mass)

Resources can not even meet the demand of half the population. We are not even factoring that the population is growing.

Health sector inadequate.
Housing sector inadequate.
Employment opportunities inadequate.

Even if we improve the manufacturing sector, the housing and health sectors, it wouldnt be able to sustain the population at a reasonable cost. The number of illiterates, unemployable etc and their birthrates that produce such people are just too damn high.

Our universities cant even handle the amount of high school leavers. Both public and private. Not even mentioning those that didnt even finis high school.

Where will the employable people come from?

Illiterate gatemen and drivers having 6 children from each wife.

You studied Economics at that level? I refuse to believe you until I see some sound Economic thought from you.

Your argument only lags in one critical area. It does not show that Nigeria is over-populated. At best, it only gives credence to one major mile stone the Country is facing: Bad leadership and a terrible 'followership'.

The only Economic resource Nigeria is lacking, is in with respect to the quality of its labour force. Nigeria is rich in other areas. The Land mass is more than adequate to cater for its over 160 million population.

Very few countries in the world can boast of a better concentration of quality Natural resources (except labour) than the concentration here in Nigeria. Even the UK and the US do not come close in this regard.

Over population or under population is defined in terms of resource availability and the capacity for resource employment. Nigeria has more than enough resources to cater for more than twice its current population.

Even at the current state of under-employment of resources, the Country can effectively cater for it's growing population if only the resources are better managed and there is equity in resource allocation. At the present state, I am shocked that some Nigerians still go to bed hungry.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by traware(m): 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
@Logicboy01 Why are you wasting your energy arguing with this dunce?You will achieve nothing!!Its just like a billionaire trying to impress a man in my village with a lambhorgini...You get time o!! As for children,I don't want none and I don't need none.Their wahala too much abeg
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
traware: @Logicboy01 Why are you wasting your energy arguing with this dunce?You will achieve nothing!!Its just like a billionaire trying to impress a man in my village with a lambhorgini...You get time o!! As for children,I don't want none and I don't need none.Their wahala too much abeg

lmao grin grin grin
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
striktlymi:

You studied Economics at that level? I refuse to believe you until I see some sound Economic thought from you.

Your argument only lags in one critical area. It does not show that Nigeria is over-populated. At best, it only gives credence to one major mile stone the Country is facing: Bad leadership and a terrible 'followership'.

The only Economic resource Nigeria is lacking, is in with respect to the quality of its labour force. Nigeria is rich in other areas. The Land mass is more than adequate to cater for its over 160 million population.

Very few countries in the world can boast of a better concentration of quality Natural resources (except labour) than the concentration here in Nigeria. Even the UK and the US do not come close in this regard.

Over population or under population is defined in terms of resource availability and the capacity for resource employment. Nigeria has more than enough resources to cater for more than twice its current population.

Even at the current state of under-employment of resources, the Country can effectively cater for it's growing population if only the resources are better managed and there is equity in resource allocation. At the present state, I am shocked that some Nigerians still go to bed hungry.

See this one....you copied my argument. It wasnt until I mentioned land mass that you felt it was a point on your side? smh.

You are not thinking straight. You have no idea about what you are saying when it comes to economics.

Let me break it down to you.

===========================================
Lesson for striklymi in public administration and finance

Let us say that the Nigerian government is good and wants to put policies for the 160 million Nigerians we have.

Costs to be computed
-the setting up of a national health system that has universal coverage for 160 Nigerians;
-the yearly costs of maintain such a structure above
-the setting of up of a national housing system for at least half of the Nigerian population
-the cost of maintaining such a system above

These four things will run into trillions of dollars.

Just look at how much healthcare costs America even though almost half of the population isnt insured nationally.

You have no blatant idea
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
logicboy01:

See this one....you copied my argument. It wasnt until I mentioned land mass that you felt it was a point on your side? smh.

You are not thinking straight. You have no idea about what you are saying when it comes to economics.

Let me break it down to you.

===========================================
Lesson for striklymi in public administration and finance

Let us say that the Nigerian government is good and wants to put policies for the 160 million Nigerians we have.

Costs to be computed
-the setting up of a national health system that has universal coverage for 160 Nigerians;
-the yearly costs of maintain such a structure above
-the setting of up of a national housing system for at least half of the Nigerian population
-the cost of maintaining such a system above

These four things will run into trillions of dollars.

Just look at how much healthcare costs America even though almost half of the population isnt insured nationally.

You have no blatant idea

You are definitely no 'Economist'. I copied your response Do you even know what the factors of production are? If you did know, then that comment about copying you wouldn't have arisen.

Are you aware that you have moved away from 'population' to a bit of cost analysis? I guess you wouldn't know.

Please stick to religious bashing and leave out Economics, if you can.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
striktlymi:

You are definitely no 'Economist'. I copied your response Do you even know what the factors of production are? If you did know, then that comment about copying you wouldn't have arisen.

Are you aware that you have moved away from 'population' to a bit of cost analysis? I guess you wouldn't know.

Please stick to religious bashing and leave out Economics, if you can.

Factors of production? grin grin
Cost analysis?

We are not talking about secondary school level economics here. You are out of your depths. Go home.

When you are at home, sit down on your couch and think about how to run national systems for 160 million nigerians with a sizable number of them being illiterates and poverty-stricken.

The end result is that we are overpopulated as it is.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
logicboy01:

You have not given ONE reason why you think Nigeria is over-populated.

Even the secondary school economics you don't know. You should be ashamed to say you studied it at graduate level.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
striktlymi:

Even the secondary school economics you don't know. You should be ashamed to say you studied it at graduate level.

You are just trying to save face.......and still failing

The fact that we do not have resources to cater for even half of the population is good reason enough. Lazy people like you look at the oil and fertile land and assume that all is well.

160 million and still growing with one of the highest birth rates.

Dont worry, you will soon personally feel it. Most atheists here know that Nigeria is falling off a cliff.

Unlike you, I have resources to end up abroad.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
logicboy01:

You are just trying to save face.......and still failing

The fact that we do not have resources to cater for even half of the population is good reason enough. Lazy people like you look at the oil and fertile land and assume that all is well.

160 million and still growing with one of the highest birth rates.

Dont worry, you will soon personally feel it. Most atheists here know that Nigeria is falling off a cliff.

Unlike you, I have resources to end up abroad.

Reasoning of a five year old!
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 5:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
striktlymi:

Reasoning of a five year old!

grin grin grin

Thanks for describing yourself
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
striktlymi:

My initial disposition was to ignore you because you wouldn't have a clue of what my post is about because of your beliefs and level of exposure to Religious matters but I get very concerned when someone makes comments that calls to question his quality of education.

If a child asks you why you believe Nigeria is overpopulated, the best you can come up with would be the bold? This is unbelievable! Nigeria is overpopulated because a section of the Country is overwhelmed by the influx of Labour due to the concentration of at least two factors of production in a particular state?

Sorry dude but that thought process is dumb. Are you even aware of what the localization of industries does to a country that refused to spread the rate of development, evenly amongst it's states? Dude Nigeria's problem is not over population but inadequate enterprise and Distribution.

First of all, you've failed to answer why a so-called educated person would compare murder to choice of giving birth. This is the crux of the thread.

Secondly: I like your use of[i] overwhelmed[/i], instead of overpopulated.

Thirdly: The reason for overpopulation is not justified wholly because labour is actively relocating to where the factors of production abound.

Still, since you believe that not wanting to give birth is a sin, good for you. Just don't go about propagating such absurdity.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by saintvc(m): 11:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
is it a sin to practice family planning?

0 1 2 3 4 5 ::::::

are all numbers . i can pick 0. not a sin. if it were a sin, then God must be a sinner for making some women barren
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Weah96: 5:11am On Sep 30, 2014
saintvc: is it a sin to practice family planning?

0 1 2 3 4 5 ::::::

are all numbers . i can pick 0. not a sin. if it were a sin, then God must be a sinner for making some women barren

40% of all marital infertility is due to the sterility of the male. Some of the guns don't shoot correctly, either due to erroneous calibration by the manufacturer or poor maintenance.

This God also made a lot of dudes sterile.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 30, 2014
masonkz:

Thirdly: The reason for overpopulation is not justified wholly because labour is actively relocating to where the factors of production abound.

Having issues with comprehension?

It's sad that you don't even realize that the above was your reason for holding that Nigeria is overpopulated.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 30, 2014
striktlymi:

It's sad that you don't even realize that the above was your reason for holding that Nigeria is overpopulated.

Keep on avoiding my questions. Typical.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 6:25am On Sep 30, 2014
striktlymi:

My guy, please read about overpopulation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_overpopulation

Nigeria ticks all the boxes when it comes to criteria for overpopulation

-resources not enough for the population (housing, food, clean water, healthcare etc)
-high birth rate.
-Low GDP and poverty

But no, keep preaching foolishness in your churches. Childbirth is mandated by the scriptures.....be fruitful and multiply until you burden your country with overpopulation.

It is people like you that cause countries to collapse.

#f4ck your religion

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 30, 2014
masonkz:

Keep on avoiding my questions. Typical.

I am not ready to explain basic things to an adult. At least not today.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

My guy, please read about overpopulation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_overpopulation

Nigeria ticks all the boxes when it comes to criteria for overpopulation

-resources not enough for the population (housing, food, clean water, healthcare etc)
-high birth rate.
-Low GDP and poverty

But no, keep preaching foolishness in your churches. Childbirth is mandated by the scriptures.....be fruitful and multiply until you burden your country with overpopulation.

It is people like you that cause countries to collapse.

#f4ck your religion

Are you sure you have an education? You can't even apply information correctly.

LB you have a lot of catching up to do if indeed you studied Economics.

Like I said, stick to bashing Religion. Afterall , any id.ot can do that. No thinking required!
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

Factors of production? grin grin
Cost analysis?

We are not talking about secondary school level economics here. You are out of your depths. Go home.

When you are at home, sit down on your couch and think about how to run national systems for 160 million nigerians with a sizable number of them being illiterates and poverty-stricken.

LMAO @ emboldened grin grin grin grin grin

He is out of his depth in high school economics?? LML grin grin grin

'Why evils?' grin grin grin
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 7:11am On Sep 30, 2014
striktlymi:

Are you sure you have an education? You can't even apply information correctly.

LB you have a lot of catching up to do if indeed you studied Economics.

Like I said, stick to bashing Religion. Afterall , any id.ot can do that. No thinking required!

lol......see the ignorant dullard trying to save face.

Are the resources in nigeria enough to feed the population?
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

lol......see the ignorant dullard trying to save face.

Are the resources in nigeria enough to feed the population?

Are you still running away from me? I haven't forgotten the promise I made you grin grin

BTW, Nigeria as a country is not overpopulated yet, and you know darn well that you have no proof that states otherwise.
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 7:41am On Sep 30, 2014
BananaBender:

Are you still running away from me? I haven't forgotten the promise I made you grin grin

BTW, Nigeria as a country is not overpopulated yet, and you know darn well that you have no proof that states otherwise.

Sorry, I dont remember.

Nigeria is already overpopulated. You are just living in ignorance. We dont have resources to meet the needs of the population currently- a population growing at an alarming rate.

Nationalised healthcare system for 160 million people?
A welfare system for the unemployed?

Just even look at the immigration employment scandal and see how stadiums of unemployed people were present. Those are just the literate ones
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:
Sorry, I dont remember.
Nigeria is already overpopulated. You are just living in ignorance. We dont have resources to meet the needs of the population currently- a population growing at an alarming rate.
Nationalised healthcare system for 160 million people?
A welfare system for the unemployed?
Just even look at the immigration employment scandal and see how stadiums of unemployed people were present. Those are just the literate ones

https://www.nairaland.com/1875678/does-christainity-encourage-intolerance-arrogance/3#26395410

I don't give a sh1t about the topic but if you want to link Nigeria's problems to overpopulation issues, then go ahead.

I don't have to call you dumb, ask you for links or ask you to define overpopulation, anybody that reads your post would come to the conclusion that you are an ignoramus.

Bye!
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 8:11am On Sep 30, 2014
BananaBender:

https://www.nairaland.com/1875678/does-christainity-encourage-intolerance-arrogance/3#26395410

I don't give a sh1t about the topic but if you want to link Nigeria's problems to overpopulation issues, then go ahead.

I don't have to call you dumb, ask you for links or ask you to define overpopulation, anybody that reads your post would come to the conclusion that you are an ignoramus.

Bye!

lol....... grin grin grin grin

Here is the issue----childbirth-overpopulation.

We are not saying that overpopulation is the cause of Nigeria's problems. See how you insert yourself when you dont even know what we are arguing.

grin grin grin ignoramus
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by logicboy01: 9:42am On Sep 30, 2014
For the ignorant people who think Nigeria is not overpopulated

[size=14pt]The Nigerian government is rapidly building infrastructure but cannot keep up, and some experts worry that it, and other African nations, will not act forcefully enough to rein in population growth. For two decades, the Nigerian government has recommended that families limit themselves to four children, with little effect.[/size]
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/world/africa/in-nigeria-a-preview-of-an-overcrowded-planet.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

[size=14pt]On the public perception of overpopulation in Nigeria, there seems to be a common misconception: that our country is not overpopulated; Most of us refuse to believe that compared to other countries of the world, Nigeria is overpopulated. To the Nigerians who have taken in to this trending idea, here’s a wake-up call: It is. Our country is not only over-populated, it is hyper-populated. How else can a country of over 170 million people living within considerably less than one million square kilometers of land— 923,768 sq km to be exact —be explained?

The thesis of this argument argues that compared to all the other countries of the world, Nigeria’s population simply cannot sustain itself: monetarily, economically, socio-commercially and otherwise. This thesis also argues that Nigeria’s overpopulation is a major cause of its underdevelopment[/size]
http://straighttalknigeria./2012/07/16/nigeria-yes-we-are-overpopulated/

striktlymi:
BananaBender:
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
striktlymi:

I am not ready to explain basic things to an adult. At least not today.

ok
Re: Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01: For the ignorant people who think Nigeria is not overpopulated

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/world/africa/in-nigeria-a-preview-of-an-overcrowded-planet.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://straighttalknigeria./2012/07/16/nigeria-yes-we-are-overpopulated/

Guy stop trying too hard...

The New york times got it spot on. Nigeria is faced with increasing population not overpopulation. I am sure you wouldn't know the difference even if I try to explain.

Economist indeed!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Revelation About Biafra By Linda Paul Rika(holiness Movement) / The Prison Of Yahweh And Other 'gods' Of Religion / Divination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.