Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama (32995 Views)

Nigerian Air Force Begins Bombardment Of Sambisa Forest / Troops Finally Rout Terrorists From Bama And Last Stronghold In Yobe / Live Aerial Bombardment..boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by Dosinspector(m): 6:04am On Sep 07, 2014
No retreat No surrender!! Go Naija Army!!!!
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by jamilkb(m): 6:05am On Sep 07, 2014
Kill them All our NA. don't leave em. Next time,don't let them retreat.. kill them. shikkenan
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by lurvy: 6:06am On Sep 07, 2014
[size=16pt] angry

Sometimes I wonder if Nigeria has an Airforce....

I still can't understand how a group of terrorist can take over a town like Bama and the airforce couldnt support the ground troops to hold the ground and prevent the takeover of the town....

I think what is going on now is that the Nigerian military is on counter offensive, trying to retake the town from the terrorists...

While acknowledging the sacrifices and good job of the Army in fighting the terrorists..., I think the Airforce needs to wake-up and be close to the ground troops such that when the ground troops encounter fierce resistance, the Airforce can be called upon to clear the way, with this in mind I don't think the military can loose grounds.

I am however worried that if the terrorists truly took over Bama as widely reported, then that means the Army barracks in Bama must have also fallen into the hands of terrorists and that means more military weapons in the hands terrorists!... Thats really saddening... I hope thats not the case...

Nigeria also needs to seal and protect its borders.... At least use high concrete walls/ fences as used by US forces in Iraq and other places.
These concrete walls are ready made and should be deployed all round our borders to prevent any loop holes.
Nothing should be spared in protecting the territorial integrity of the nation.

I also think the Nigerian military top brass needs an overhaul because since the new Army chief came, the terrorists seem to be gaining more grounds.

The former Army chief ( Ihejirika) did inflict so much injuries on the terrorists and performed far better than the present Army chief.

I'm surprised that some powerful voices in the north who earlier clamoured for the removal of the former Army chief ( Ihejirika) are no longer clamouring now that the security situation in the north is worsening.... undecided[/size]

4 Likes

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 07, 2014
C
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by Allwility: 6:08am On Sep 07, 2014
All this ppl asking for pictures, why not go to the frontline? Shior.
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by HouseOfBalloons(f): 6:09am On Sep 07, 2014
Pictures or it didn't happen

1 Like

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by link2ok(m): 6:13am On Sep 07, 2014
Kudos to our glant soldiers who hav laid down dia lives for our sakes. I sincerely beleive in One Nigeria

1 Like

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by inisco: 6:16am On Sep 07, 2014
boko boys ur days are over,i need to hear more damages by our military force
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 07, 2014
Paroman: Pishure of fleeing bokoboys and our airforce in action or this is just another big lie! angry
a confirmed jjanjjawweedd

6 Likes

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by barresi(m): 6:17am On Sep 07, 2014
full scale war by federal government? boko haram own don finish walahi. enough of the hide and seek game. Nig. military carry go, flush them away.
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by Afroconnect: 6:17am On Sep 07, 2014
Let the offensive continue,level the town of gwoza,even chicken there should be killed.

Better to launch nuclear wepons and exterminte all extreme Arabs than to share this modern world with them.

Arabs are evil,one day when the world comes together,they will be a gret battle against Arbs and every single one killed-so the world can move on in freedom.
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by zemaye: 6:18am On Sep 07, 2014
Make una siddon dia dey believe rubbish, until I see video or. Bama resident's comment ' I DON'T BELIEVE THIS'.
Too much lies in the media while the people wallow in deep suffering. God help this nation.
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 07, 2014
sunnywhyt: nice sunday mornin headline... Next should be soldiers ambush bomb haram nd kill shekau

Bro. Even if they kill shekau, there might be next in line commanders who are deadlier than him.

So let's just hope they are defeated once and for all.
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by davo3286: 6:27am On Sep 07, 2014
CyberEBOLA: If not for that IBO man above, i would have been first to comment.

Seun, why haven't you included a 'Dislike' button on this forum?! angry
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by Pelupelu: 6:30am On Sep 07, 2014
Victory is ours in Jesus name...bravo to the Nigerian officers out there...
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by tuoyoojo(m): 6:30am On Sep 07, 2014
It is now time for civilian jtf to fish the bh people among the fleeing residents flocking into maiduguri. What that guy said is very very probable.bh may jolly well attack maiduguri!

Every warfare is based on deception!

Baba in Heaven! Help our troops and left dem frustrate the devices of d wicked!

1 Like

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by experimentist: 6:40am On Sep 07, 2014
Have they captured Ihejerika the traitor?
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by skyfall: 6:41am On Sep 07, 2014
That's good news. They should be showing us some pictures though. Nigerians don't fully trust the military anymore.
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by MarshRiley(m): 6:46am On Sep 07, 2014
Come o,who's this Senator always supporting BH with his statements?people like him should be in jail,how comes he always know what BH thinks,how comes he always know where they are and where they'll be.....who TF is he?

4 Likes

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by poiZon: 7:03am On Sep 07, 2014
pDude: Let them keep deceiving themselves cheesy

In this age when even smoked fish seller has camera phone, na hin dem nor fit show us deadi body of boko haram or show them removing boko haram's hoisted flag or show soldiers posing with one of Bama's landmarks as evidence?

Try again. This one is story for the palm wine gods cheesy

in these days whr shekau de post videos for internet, we neva see videos of him hoistng bokoharam flags all round borno. hmm try anoda or yet still carry camera enter bama n be our correspondent.

1 Like

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by poiZon: 7:07am On Sep 07, 2014
Joejonah: armored cars are sold in the market?? who gave it to them??

Nigerians fighting the problem and not the cause, as long as the cause remains, the problem will still resurface.

God protect all our selfless soldiers, may they not walk and stumble.
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by poiZon: 7:10am On Sep 07, 2014
thnk GOD for making me see this day, may your name alone be praise in JEsus name, amen.
haPPY SUNDAY TO ALL NAIRALANDERS.
GOD BLESS US EVERYONE.

3 Likes

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by ITbomb(m): 7:12am On Sep 07, 2014
Waiting for Arewa or APC to lament about the genocide carried out on their people

1 Like

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by LilPeezy(m): 7:12am On Sep 07, 2014
Paroman: Pishure of fleeing bokoboys and our airforce in action or this is just another big lie! angry
I neva knew dis kind of shits still happen......How old r u? Juz askin no beef
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by Djicemob: 7:16am On Sep 07, 2014
Online BH supporters must have something to say sha.You want to see pics when nigerian military are killing these bastardz but don't care about pics when its reported that BH had taken over.SMH.

6 Likes

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by Emilliw3m(m): 7:18am On Sep 07, 2014
REtreat is dangerous . Abeg make them surrender.
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by abu12: 7:21am On Sep 07, 2014
I believe this statement

The Senator representing Borno Central at the National Assembly, Ahmed Zannah, on Saturday alerted the military to a plan by the Boko Haram sect to divert their attention away from Maiduguri so as to make the town pregnable.
He said the major fighters of Boko Haram had vacated Bama for their Sambisa forest stronghold and might launch a major attack on Maiduguri soon.
Zannah toldSUNDAY PUNCHthat Maiduguri remained the ultimate target of the terrorist group and recent indications showed that the sect was arming for the battle to capture the ancient town.
He said since the members of the sect were driven out of Maiduguri over a year ago, it had always been in their plan to return to take control of the capital city and had been strategising towards it.
The lawmaker had hinted that insurgents made away with equipment and machinery from the military barrack in Bama.
He advised the military not to deploy soldiers in Bama to the detriment of the security of Maiduguri.
He said, “At present, there are few insurgents left behind in Bama, by their leaders to continue to terrorise the town. The leaders have left for their hideouts in Sambisa.
“It is believed that those left in Bama are meant to draw the military out of Maiduguri and when they are reclaiming Bama, the large number of insurgents in Sambisa will sneak into Maiduguri to take control of the town.”
Zannah, while calling for further deployment of operatives in the area, said the only way to end the continuous siege was to wage a maximum war against the insurgents.
He stated that the military needed more men and equipment in the region.

1 Like

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by Awoofawo(m): 7:27am On Sep 07, 2014
cramjones: When someone says this government is slow and inept, people would rain curses! President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has done the right thing, though late, but it is still the right thing. Bomb these extreme Islamists to oblivion. But wait, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, must go after those who sponsor these blood sucking demons. He must expose the sponsors of the Haramites, including himself if he is one! Then, and only then we shall know that the war is over.

-CramJones

The timing of ordering full scale war against boko haram just shown the president insincere and the tendency to put personal gain above everything else!

Why?! Now that general election is around the corner; he suddenly wake up and realise that he is the CinC! If he thought he can use this to deceive the massive; he is dreaming!

Anyway; it better late than never! Just pray mr president should extend his newly found inspiration and energy to other section of the economy.

Come 2015 Nigerian must do the needfull..... cool grin
Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:28am On Sep 07, 2014
I think amma join the military after I graduate from university. I'm tired of just hearing second-hand news. I need to play my part for this country

1 Like

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by sebali: 7:30am On Sep 07, 2014
zemaye: Make una siddon dia dey believe rubbish, until I see video or. Bama resident's comment ' I DON'T BELIEVE THIS'.
Too much lies in the media while the people wallow in deep suffering. God help this nation.

Dont mind Nigerians.......Ist dey said bama was never captured by BH bt now our gallant military are chasing d same BH from a town dat was never captured........

OK.....sometym last week Nigerian Forces regains bama according to media report, today they are chasing BH from a town they successfully reclaimed(killed 1200 BH Boys).........i find dis rili confusing........I sha no say somebody is not saying d truth.

Finally my take is as far as no video or foto in recent times from either side on d state of bama, bt just write ups, then something is fishy. Notice recently how d military keep advertising its ammunitions like they are trying to convince Nigerians dat they re well equipped.........
I tink GEJ/FG and the creators of d bama saga are trying to score cheap points by making d situation seem very intensified thereby making the FG/Military look as if they re working very hard......thus bama's successful recapture would look like climbing everest.

Sadly from d many comments i see here.....I tink GEJ/FG strategy on scoring cheap political points is actually working.....Nigerians abeg mak una wise up

4 Likes

Re: After Intensive Aerial Bombardment, Boko Haram Retreats From Bama by authority2006(m): 7:32am On Sep 07, 2014
Did you read this part?
One officer said, “The problem we are also having now is that the military retired the very ambitious and brave people from the service for the fear of coup without knowing that this kind of thing will arise. Some of these military officers, very courageous ones, should have still been in the system and by now they could have given the guidelines on how we can go about this.“They could have acquired enoughskills on how to manoeuvre to dealwith these guys. If we succeeded outside the shores of this country,in Liberia, Sierra Leone and other places, how much more back home here. The fact is that this is not like a conventional war.”
That's the price of forcing experienced officers to retire in droves. Always fearing coup but forgetting unexpected wars and serious internal crisis like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos: Fayose Celebrates His Victory With Okadamen In Ekiti / Orji Uzor Kalu Bows To Greet Bola Tinubu / 2015: Ohanaeze Endorses Jonathan, Threatens To Sanction Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.