Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram (5548 Views)

HRH Sanusi Speaks Again On The Missing $20b And The PWC Report. / My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis / Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 07, 2014
By Soni Daniel
I first met Dr. Stephen Davis at the American Centre for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, in June 2009. At that time, the Australian was assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria to broker peace with the irate Niger Delta militants, who had taken up arms against the administration and almost rendered its oil-dependent economy comatose through oil theft, destruction of facilities and kidnapping of oil workers.
We lost contact until I got to know that he had been involved in the effort to free the Chibok girls. Some other reports claimed he was hired by government to negotiate with Boko Haram.
Excerpts of the interview.
What do you have to show that you were engaged by the Nigerian government to negotiate with Boko Haram?

I was not engaged by the Federal Government of Nigeria, any state government or any other party. I went to Nigeria in late April in an effort to facilitate a handover of the Chibok captives after discussing such a possibility with former commanders of JAS (Jama’atu Ahlul Sunnah Lih Da’awa wal Jihad otherwise known as JAS) and others close to Boko Haram.

Why did you release the report of your assignment to the media instead of sending it to government?

I did not construct a report of my efforts in Nigeria. As I said earlier, I was not engaged by any party and therefore had no obligation to report to anyone.

Some Nigerians find it curious that you decided to give your report only to Arise TV, owned by a Nigerian, Nduka Obiagbena, who also owns Thisday Newspapers and may be sympathetic to some politicians in Nigeria.
I gave a radio interview to the ABC in Australia which subsequently told me that after the transcript was posted to their online site, it had been picked up in the UK and Sky News requested an interview. In the hope of bringing attention to the many other girls and boys kidnapped by Boko Haram, I agreed to a television interview. That interview took place in Channel 7 studios in Australia and it was at that point that I was told it was an interview with Arise TV. I had not heard of Arise TV and did not know it was owned by a Nigerian or indeed that it had any association with Nigeria. At the time of giving the TV interview, I was of the understanding that it would be broadcast by Sky News in the UK.
On Mr Obiagbena, I have not met him or ever been contacted by him.

Many Nigerians find it extremely difficult to understand how the former Chief of the Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Ihejirika, who actually fought Boko Haram elements and was accused of genocide could be linked with sponsoring the violent group.

It is much easier to understand Mr Sheriff’s alleged association with Boko Haram than any association of Mr Ihejirika. Mr Sheriff was said to have a long history of promoting groups to assist in his past efforts to win the governorship of Borno State. On 29 July 2009, there was a confrontation with security officers at Mamudo Village, along Potiskum/Damaturu Road, Yobe. 33 JAS members were killed. Later that night, there was a long battle with combined security operatives at Railway Terminus, Maiduguri, Borno State. Scores were killed and the JAS operational base was destroyed. Yusuf was subsequently captured by the military and handed over to the police. The JAS alleged that it was on Sheriff’s orders that Yusuf was executed in Maiduguri on 30 July 2009. Shekau was presumed killed in the same battle and a corpse was identified as that of Shekau. Thus the remaining JAS leaders made it clear their intention was to kill Sheriff and so it is right that Sheriff claims he is a victim of JAS. The Boko Haram we see today is not the JAS that was operational under Yusuf. Shekau emerged in mid-2010 and publicly claimed the leadership of a reinvigorated JAS.

Now I will offer an opinion as to the motives of the sponsors of Boko Haram.The political sponsors of Boko Haram seem to think that they can use Boko Haram to terrorise Nigeria to demonstrate that the current government cannot ensure the security of Nigerian citizens both Muslim and Christian. Therein the sponsors assume they can undermine any efforts of the current government to be re-elected in 2015. Herein lies the flaw for the conflict and instability currently being fanned suits the aims of Al Qa’eda and the architects of terrorism. Should the sponsors of Boko Haram win government in 2015, they will likely find that they cannot turn Boko Haram off or that Boko Haram will demand control of at least Borno State in return for reducing their attacks. Borno State may be just the beginning of an expanding caliphate.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/boko-haram-saga-negotiator-stephen-davis/#sthash.x04BCHDp.dpuf

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by bright007(f): 7:00am On Sep 07, 2014
ok
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by donpope1(m): 7:02am On Sep 07, 2014
We've known for a long time.......

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Trut(m): 7:04am On Sep 07, 2014
Noted

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 07, 2014
He says he was not engaged by the FG to speak with boko haram
He gives his own opinion about boko haram sponsorship ( which obviously differs from what boko haram says) ,more in line with common sense.some people who believed the words of boko haram will call him a liar

18 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 07, 2014
This man- steven davis- is just out for cheap recognition.

He seem to be deluded by the fact that Nigerians being who we are will want to hear anything contrary or ridiculous from what our government is telling us and he is succeeding at that.

Its the confabulations of lots like these that CONFUSED Nairalanders take for the gospel truth!!

6 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Collynzo16: 7:19am On Sep 07, 2014
Does this make any sense?
I have also been told by some commanders that if one of the sponsors is arrested, they will surrender, release the girls and give information on the sponsors.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/boko-haram-saga-negotiator-stephen-davis/#sthash.x04BCHDp.dpuf
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 07, 2014
The man told us the people boko haram named,the opposition ran with the story
Now he is telling us what he thinks the truth is, I hope the opposition will publicize that too.

17 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 07, 2014
Collynzo16: Does this make any sense?

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/boko-haram-saga-negotiator-stephen-davis/#sthash.x04BCHDp.dpuf

That tells you the sponsors haven't been named,this story is yet unfolding.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Collynzo16: 7:27am On Sep 07, 2014
Babymama1:

That tells you the sponsors haven't been named
It simply means that they want to get back at those they see as their enemies.
How can a group give the arrest of their sponsors as a pre-condition for rhe release of their hostages?

24 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 07, 2014
Collynzo16:
It simply means that they want to get back at those they see as their enemies.
How can a group give the arrest of their sponsors as a pre-condition for rhe release of their hostages?

Makes no sense
And it also means the people they previously named are not the sponsors
Let us patiently watch this unfold
CNN or BBC should have a taped hour long exclusive interview with this man and broadcast it for all to see

6 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by karlmax2: 7:35am On Sep 07, 2014
The real sponsors APC and some Northern elders are trying so hard to divert attention from them but from their utturances,their actions and demeanor, an intellegent person should be able to decode that they are the sponsors of boko haram. little wonder the british parliament is investigating APC cause they have information and are investigating to know if its true before making it public.now that the davis has come out to clear the air let me see what chief john oleegun and his boko haram sponsors would say since their lies has been busted once again

16 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 07, 2014
karlmax2: The real sponsors APC and some Northern elders are trying so hard to divert attention from them but from their utturances,their actions and demeanor, an intellegent person should be able to decode that they are the sponsors of boko haram. little wonder the british parliament is investigating APC cause they have information and are investigating to know if its true before making it public. now that the davis has come out to clear the air let me see what chief john oleegun and his boko haram sponsors would say since their lies has been busted once again

Is this true?
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 07, 2014
This Davis guy keeps changing his story everyday undecided
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 07, 2014
CFCfan: This Davis guy keeps changing his story everyday undecided

He told us what boko says and now giving his opinion
The guy is an attention seeker no doubt

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by karlmax2: 7:46am On Sep 07, 2014
Babymama1:

Is this true?
yes read the pdp reply to Apc they released resently they still mentioned it

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pdp-upbraids-apc-oyegun-accuses-him-of-image-laundering/188154/

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by arsetalks(m): 7:49am On Sep 07, 2014
He was not employed by the government but the government who is looking for means through which it will see relevant refused to dismiss suggestions he was hired by them.

If it was other cases, Abbiati and the likes would have used twitter and facebook to dismiss him but in this case, it suits them.
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by CyberWolf: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2014
And APC goons suddenly went cold grin grin grin cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2014
Babymama1:

He told us what boko says and now giving his opinion
The guy is an attention seeker no doubt
No doubt about that. He is someone speaking from both sides of his mouth.
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by arsetalks(m): 7:55am On Sep 07, 2014
karlmax2: The real sponsors APC and some Northern elders are trying so hard to divert attention from them but from their utturances,their actions and demeanor, an intellegent person should be able to decode that they are the sponsors of boko haram. little wonder the british parliament is investigating APC cause they have information and are investigating to know if its true before making it public.now that the davis has come out to clear the air let me see what chief john oleegun and his boko haram sponsors would say since their lies has been busted once again
I am happy you said an intelligent person. The fact that you were able to decode their intentions and the person who is in charge who ought to be as intelligent as you claim to be has not been ( hence no arrest of the opposition) shows why he is not fit to rule.

You even confirmed it.

And you say Britain is investigating but can't say nothing yet? If they are keeping it secret, how did you know?

I don'tt care about who the sponsors of Boko haram are. All I know is someone has the power and the relevant laws to bring down whoever is sponsoring those blood drunk bastards but for his clue.less has not been able tto achieve that. The same man who confirmed his government is littered with boko haram apologists forgetting he is a reflection of his subordinates.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 07, 2014
arsetalks: He was not employed by the government but the government who is looking for means through which it will see relevant refused to dismiss suggestions he was hired by them.

If it was other cases, Abbiati and the likes would have used twitter and facebook to dismiss him but in this case, it suits them.

They did dismiss it 2 days ago and APC supporters said it was a lie

In response to the allegations being made by Stephen Davis about prominent Nigerian politicians being Boko Haram sponsors, coordinator of the National Information Centre, Mike Omeri, has denied hiring him as a hostage negotiator.

This new report conflicts with earlier reports that Davis spent four months negotiating with Boko Haram on behalf of the Nigerian government to free the over 200 abducted Chibok school girls.

According to The Nation, Omeri released the following statement on the issue:

“For now nobody has been hired by the government to negotiate on its behalf with Boko Haram. Anytime the government decides to do so, it will make it known to the public.

The government is still investigating the allegations made by the alleged negotiator. However, the government has no plan to question anybody because of those allegations made by the Australian.”

http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/09/05/fg-denies-hiring-stephen-davis-as-boko-haram-hostage-negotiator/

6 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by talktimi(m): 7:59am On Sep 07, 2014
APC = BoKo Haram

Boko Haram = APC

15 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by karlmax2: 8:00am On Sep 07, 2014
arsetalks: I am happy you said an intelligent person. The fact that you were able to decode their intentions and the person who is in charge who ought to be as intelligent as you claim to be has not been ( hence no arrest of the opposition) shows why he is not fit to rule.

You even confirmed it.

And you say Britain is investigating but can't say nothing yet? If they are keeping it secret, how did you know?please go and sleep you goons once again has failed woefully with tour image laundaring propoganda the arrest would be made when goons like u stop calling it politically multivated arrest the dss is in court with one of them and his passport has been siezed quickly the opposition made him an emir but they would all be exposed

I don'tt care about who the sponsors of Boko haram are. All I know is someone has the power and the relevant laws to bring down whoever is sponsoring those blood drunk bastards but for his clue.less has not been able tto achieve that. The same man who confirmed his government is littered with boko haram apologists forgetting he is a reflection of his subordinates.
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by iconize(m): 8:04am On Sep 07, 2014
Mister Davis is nobody, knows nobody and is negotiating with nobody!

This minute, Ihejirika and Sherrif are Boko haram sponsors. The next minute the sponsors changes to the opposition party.

There are still some gullible peeps in the background believing his crap.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by karlmax2: 8:05am On Sep 07, 2014
arsetalks: I am happy you said an intelligent person. The fact that you were able to decode their intentions and the person who is in charge who ought to be as intelligent as you claim to be has not been ( hence no arrest of the opposition) shows why he is not fit to rule.

You even confirmed it.

And you say Britain is investigating but can't say nothing yet? If they are keeping it secret, how did you know?please go and sleep you goons once again has failed woefully with tour image laundaring propoganda the arrest would be made when goons like u stop calling it politically multivated arrest the dss is in court with one of them and his passport has been siezed quickly the opposition made him an emir but they would all be exposed

once again the attempt of your so called progressive to divert attention from Their activities and link to boko haram has been punctured by the same man they went to town with as evidence. The Dss is in court with one of them and his passport was siezed but the opposition quickly made him an emir they would all be exposed.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 07, 2014
Babymama1:

I suppose your phone cannot scroll up or open links or you are just plain stoopid
Which is it?
both grin some people reason with their ears. Btw...how is your health?

11 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by karlmax2: 8:08am On Sep 07, 2014
Babymama1:

They did dismiss it 2 days ago and APC supporters said it was lie

http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/09/05/fg-denies-hiring-stephen-davis-as-boko-haram-hostage-negotiator/
they dismissed it since june a n d also yesterday but these haters keep saying is a lie because theyve been programmed to believe only what comes from their propoganda machine

11 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Collynzo16: 8:08am On Sep 07, 2014
arsetalks: He was not employed by the government but the government who is looking for means through which it will see relevant refused to dismiss suggestions he was hired by them.

They disowned him in June through Abati and have also disowned him this September through Mike Omeri.

5 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Valfrankie(m): 8:09am On Sep 07, 2014
This man no know wetin he wan talk, he just want to gain cheap popularity at the expense of Nigerians. Can you imagine this over bleached son of a white making jokes with my country? Dude just dey yarn opata up n down making false claims. He was asked about IHEJIRIKA, he begin talk SHERIFF. Asked about Sheriff, he begin misyarn again. DUDE IS A PSYCHO, DON'T TAKE HIM SERIOUS GENTLEMEN!!! He should be deported! Urrghhh, I'm so mad at his guts... Mstcheew * Guinness stout, cooling my temper since 1759*

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by arsetalks(m): 8:09am On Sep 07, 2014
Babymama1:

They did dismiss it 2 days ago and APC supporters said it was lie

They had to wait this long and dismiss it when it suits them. Why that? It suited them and they keep quiet and now that it is working against them they are out to dismiss it. See, I don't care about any of the parties, all I care about is the peace of this nation as if there is peace I will have peace and my business will thrive and I will be able to fulfill my dreams without having to go to another man's country where someone who is not better than me will be given better treatment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aba, From Eye Of The Camera / 'half' Nigeria Food Aid For Boko Haram Victims Not Delivered / New Year Message: Don’t Despair, God Is Still In Charge – Dogara Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.