Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,696 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram (5560 Views)

HRH Sanusi Speaks Again On The Missing $20b And The PWC Report. / My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis / Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by omenka(m): 8:49am On Sep 07, 2014
Now I will offer an opinion as to the motives of the sponsors of Boko Haram. The political sponsors of Boko Haram seem to think that they can use Boko Haram
to terrorise Nigeria to demonstrate that the current
government cannot ensure the security of Nigerian
citizens both Muslim and Christian . Therein the
sponsors assume they can undermine any efforts of the
current government to be re-elected in 2015.
Hehehe!! Nigga pleeaase! grin This op is being clever by half here! grin

He offered and opinion, in other words, he has a hunch as to why xyz is happening and decided to share. Anyone could have an opinion about anything, but a statement of fact remains unalterable! cheesy
The man stated as a matter of FACT that Ihejirika alongside his friend Sheriff, sponsor Boko Haram!! grin

Ps:
And why are some people excited about this and suddenly buying into what the man says; thought he was some greaseball high on cheap liquor. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Collynzo16: 8:50am On Sep 07, 2014
BrokenTV:
Is like they have payed you to come and divert attention on this thread.
That is why you should ignore him na, why are you quoting him?
Abi dem pay you too?

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 07, 2014
omenka: Hehehe!! Nigga pleeaase! grin This op is being clever by half here! grin

He offered and opinion, in other words, he has a hunch as to why xyz is happening and decided to share. Anyone could have an opinion about anything, but a statement of fact remains unalterable! cheesy
The man stated as a matter of FACT that Ihejirika alongside his friend Sheriff, sponsor Boko Haram!! grin

Ps:
And why are some people excited about this and suddenly buying into what the man says; thought he was some greaseball high on cheap liquor. cheesy

Did you read the transcript and listen to the broadcasts
He stated clearly that boko haram named those two as their sponsors
No evidence or facts were given
The same man told us a CBN official was bankrolling boko and failed to name this important man
This man is clearly a clown
I don't know where you saw the " facts"

10 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:53am On Sep 07, 2014
arsetalks: How many years does he need to gather the evidence together? He has been there for more than 4 years. Does he need 10 years?
the problem of bnko haram dhdnt start with his govt,do u think the sponsors are stupid and uninteligent men, some of them are retired officers in collaboration with top bank excecutive that knows how to hid and disburse funds through offshore holdings,dont exclude foreign interest eg CIA,FBI,KGB,M15 AND 16,remember they predicted the demise of Nigeria in 2015
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Balkan(m): 8:57am On Sep 07, 2014
APC propaganda is back firing.
The truth will always prevail over
Lies.
GEJ till 2019

13 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 07, 2014
Did anyone note he clearly avoided the ihejirika question?
A point blank question and he took off on a totally different route
Compare that to his arise TV interview
Could it be at the time he was repeating that line on arise tv he thought ihejirika was part of the opposition party and now he knows better and would rather evade the question since he now knows it was a stoopid accusation
He rather went on to tell us how sherrif couldn't even be a current sponsor since boko haram had been against him since 2009 after the death of their leader Yusuf
This man is a crook and not a smart one

So clearly the same man that told us the two sponsors named by boko is working hard to exonerate them

9 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:19am On Sep 07, 2014
APC ON THE BRINK

APContherun

9 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Chubhie: 9:21am On Sep 07, 2014
But most of what this guy is saying is what we already know. Depending on which divide you are on.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by karlmax2: 9:45am On Sep 07, 2014
Has anyone noticed how Apc members has avoided this thread and as damage control flood nairaland with anti gej thread talk to them self to attract attention

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by anago900: 10:09am On Sep 07, 2014
Iykopee:

^^^^ Epileptic fvcktard, twas ur slave brodas and their gambari masters that have been shouting ihejirika shud be charged to the hague without evidence. heck, u got a toad like brain in ur cranium to think straight u gormless somalian mongrel. Shege mai gwanjo.

you godforsaken nematode sired by losers with frog farts for brains. the discuss here is above that mass of candle wax in your cranium. all we are asking for is that the government should investigate everyone directly or indirectly involved. and for your slave lines go tell that to the slave boys of balewa, tofa,shagari and atiku. ara ra po gi every living organism in your household.
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by anago900: 10:11am On Sep 07, 2014
iconize:

Mister man, stop this gibberish!

You should know that there's time for everything, state your points logically and quit spamming the thread.

shut up boy, what's there to state. when the sole aim for thread is to exonerate ihejirika.
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:15am On Sep 07, 2014
All the jobless ofe people will not make a job out of this. Neither will it make FP! sad

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 07, 2014
Some people would be avoiding this thread like mad.

Dem dey pretend say dem never see am. No wahala cha..

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by anago900: 10:17am On Sep 07, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe: All the jobless ofe people will not make a job out of this. Neither will it make FP! sad

amadioha inflict your cursed father with elephantiasis of the balls. for saying shyte about the Yoruba nation. ara ma san pa gbogbo molebi re.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by readone1(m): 10:48am On Sep 07, 2014
Mr op stop deceiving people, Mr. Davis did not mention members of APC as the sponsors of boko haram he never mention the opposition party, he said those seeking power in 2015. PDP should rather look inward. thank God that mr sherif is a member of pdp

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by readone1(m): 10:49am On Sep 07, 2014
Babymama1: By Soni Daniel
I first met Dr. Stephen Davis at the American Centre for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, in June 2009. At that time, the Australian was assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria to broker peace with the irate Niger Delta militants, who had taken up arms against the administration and almost rendered its oil-dependent economy comatose through oil theft, destruction of facilities and kidnapping of oil workers.
We lost contact until I got to know that he had been involved in the effort to free the Chibok girls. Some other reports claimed he was hired by government to negotiate with Boko Haram.
Excerpts of the interview.
What do you have to show that you were engaged by the Nigerian government to negotiate with Boko Haram?

I was not engaged by the Federal Government of Nigeria, any state government or any other party. I went to Nigeria in late April in an effort to facilitate a handover of the Chibok captives after discussing such a possibility with former commanders of JAS (Jama’atu Ahlul Sunnah Lih Da’awa wal Jihad otherwise known as JAS) and others close to Boko Haram.

Why did you release the report of your assignment to the media instead of sending it to government?

I did not construct a report of my efforts in Nigeria. As I said earlier, I was not engaged by any party and therefore had no obligation to report to anyone.

Some Nigerians find it curious that you decided to give your report only to Arise TV, owned by a Nigerian, Nduka Obiagbena, who also owns Thisday Newspapers and may be sympathetic to some politicians in Nigeria.
I gave a radio interview to the ABC in Australia which subsequently told me that after the transcript was posted to their online site, it had been picked up in the UK and Sky News requested an interview. In the hope of bringing attention to the many other girls and boys kidnapped by Boko Haram, I agreed to a television interview. That interview took place in Channel 7 studios in Australia and it was at that point that I was told it was an interview with Arise TV. I had not heard of Arise TV and did not know it was owned by a Nigerian or indeed that it had any association with Nigeria. At the time of giving the TV interview, I was of the understanding that it would be broadcast by Sky News in the UK.
On Mr Obiagbena, I have not met him or ever been contacted by him.

Many Nigerians find it extremely difficult to understand how the former Chief of the Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Ihejirika, who actually fought Boko Haram elements and was accused of genocide could be linked with sponsoring the violent group.

It is much easier to understand Mr Sheriff’s alleged association with Boko Haram than any association of Mr Ihejirika. Mr Sheriff was said to have a long history of promoting groups to assist in his past efforts to win the governorship of Borno State. On 29 July 2009, there was a confrontation with security officers at Mamudo Village, along Potiskum/Damaturu Road, Yobe. 33 JAS members were killed. Later that night, there was a long battle with combined security operatives at Railway Terminus, Maiduguri, Borno State. Scores were killed and the JAS operational base was destroyed. Yusuf was subsequently captured by the military and handed over to the police. The JAS alleged that it was on Sheriff’s orders that Yusuf was executed in Maiduguri on 30 July 2009. Shekau was presumed killed in the same battle and a corpse was identified as that of Shekau. Thus the remaining JAS leaders made it clear their intention was to kill Sheriff and so it is right that Sheriff claims he is a victim of JAS. The Boko Haram we see today is not the JAS that was operational under Yusuf. Shekau emerged in mid-2010 and publicly claimed the leadership of a reinvigorated JAS.

Now I will offer an opinion as to the motives of the sponsors of Boko Haram.The political sponsors of Boko Haram seem to think that they can use Boko Haram to terrorise Nigeria to demonstrate that the current government cannot ensure the security of Nigerian citizens both Muslim and Christian. Therein the sponsors assume they can undermine any efforts of the current government to be re-elected in 2015. Herein lies the flaw for the conflict and instability currently being fanned suits the aims of Al Qa’eda and the architects of terrorism. Should the sponsors of Boko Haram win government in 2015, they will likely find that they cannot turn Boko Haram off or that Boko Haram will demand control of at least Borno State in return for reducing their attacks. Borno State may be just the beginning of an expanding caliphate.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/boko-haram-saga-negotiator-stephen-davis/#sthash.x04BCHDp.dpuf
Mr op stop deceiving people, Mr. Davis did not mention members of APC as the sponsors of boko haram he never mention the opposition party, he said those seeking power in 2015. PDP should rather look inward. thank God that mr sherif is a member of pdp
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2014
Meanwhile, a Nigerian negotiator claimed, yesterday, that Sheriff and Ihejirika could not have been Boko Haram sponsors as the two men were actually sworn enemies of the Islamist group.

The negotiator, who didn’t want to be named for security reasons, told Sunday Vanguard that neither Sherrif nor Ihejirika was a sponsor of the sect.

The source, who has been assisting the government to find a lasting solution to the insurgency in the North-east, pointed out that Sheriff was even one of the three most wanted enemies of the sect. He did not say who the other two were.

“The statement credited to advise that Sherriff and Ihejirika are sponsors of Boko Haram is far from the truth because, as at today, the former Borno governor remains one of the three worst enemies of Boko Haram”, he stated.

“I can tell you that the group has not forgiven Sheriff over the killing of its leader, Mohammed Yusuf, who was arrested and killed during his tenure as governor”.

Confirming the claim by Davis that he was not hired by the Nigerian government to broker peace with the sect, the source said that the Australian came on his own to secure the release of the Chibok girls.

He said that while in Nigeria, Davis never met the real commanders of Boko Haram but depended on information from a member of the Presidential Committee on Dialogue and Amnesty for information on the activities of the sect.

The source blamed what is now playing out on the issue of Boko Haram sponsorship on the information given to Davis by the member of the presidential committee.

He said,”We can say with all amount of seriousness that Davis did not meet the leadership and main commanders of Boko Haram during his visit to the North-east.

“If Davis insists that he met with any senior commander or leader of the sect, we challenge him to mention their names and ranks”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/463033/#sthash.e3qmAeQC.dpuf
Interestingly, that has been my position since this controversy broke. Lair Muhammed and the APC chairman embarrassed themselves and their party by taking the man seriously.

Meanwhile, APC attack dogs should learn to respect the position of Sincere9gerian on any national issue. When I say its over for the Aggrieved People's Congress, it is truely over

5 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 07, 2014
Sunnybobo3: APC ON THE BRINK

APContherun
On the brink really bro, that party is so farking disgusting it hurts. I have carefully followed comments on this thread since it opened to see what the likes of egift, gbawe, barcanista, ilugun and other resident APC e-rodents have to say but so far they have avoided the thread like ebola.
I hope they will convince their legal arm (NBA Maiduguri) to also prepare a case against the opposition mentioned by Davis.

Finally
Egift, gbawe and co whenever you get back from church come online and make your voice heard bunch of retaaarrdsss.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 07, 2014
My position remains unchanged
APContherun:
On the brink really bro, that party is so farking disgusting it hurts. I have carefully followed comments on this thread since it opened to see what the likes of egift, gbawe, barcanista, ilugun and other resident APC e-rodents have to say but so far they have avoided the thread like ebola.
I hope they will convince their legal arm (NBA Maiduguri) to also prepare a case against the opposition mentioned by Davis.

Finally
Egift, gbawe and co whenever you get back from church come online and make your voice heard bunch of retaaarrdsss.
barcanista: I understand the DSS position and I understand the OP position. OP I am an apostle of open investigation leaving no stone unturned. If I were DG DSS, I will reach out to Mr. Davies to interrogate him so as to see if I can extract EVIDENCE or find clues and get a ground to kickstart my investigation. I don't believe in coming to the Press but do my work "underground". It is very wrong and immoral to exonerate Gen Ihejirika without any preliminary investigation(not necessarily call him for questioning-what questions will you ask him?), it is also unprofessional to call and '1ndicted' fellow for questioning when you are yet to have a foundation in which your investigation is done. I don't see this going nowhere as long as the dss continue to play to the gallery.
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:13am On Sep 07, 2014
APContherun:

Finally

They are viewing as guests

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:20am On Sep 07, 2014
anago900:

amadioha inflict your cursed father with elephantiasis of the balls. for saying shyte about the Yoruba nation. ara ma san pa gbogbo molebi re.

Anago how far? Were you one of those who viewed this thread as guests?

https://www.nairaland.com/1890574/kings-college-2014-15-merit#26069887
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by gunuvi(m): 11:22am On Sep 07, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Interestingly, that has been my position since this controversy broke. Lair Muhammed and the APC chairman embarrassed themselves and their party by taking the man seriously.

Meanwhile, APC attack dogs should learn to respect the position of Sincere9gerian on any national issue. When I say its over for the Aggrieved People's Congress, it is truely over
my brother in actual fact they know its over for them but the pay the frogman is giving them is more important than their integrity.
we need to help employ them to volunteer in the Ebola centres.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by tomakint: 11:33am On Sep 07, 2014
.......only a bastard Southerner will believe Ihejirika (a galant soldier of rare feat) was a co-sponsor to those Islamic donkeys called Boko Haram. The whole truth must come out.......

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 07, 2014
barcanista: My position remains unchanged
Yeaa you are right. You are one APC supporters who stands for the truth most times. My apologies for lumping you with the others. Luv bro.
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Boss13: 11:42am On Sep 07, 2014
arsetalks: I am happy you said an intelligent person. The fact that you were able to decode their intentions and the person who is in charge who ought to be as intelligent as you claim to be has not been ( hence no arrest of the opposition) shows why he is not fit to rule.

You even confirmed it.

And you say Britain is investigating but can't say nothing yet? If they are keeping it secret, how did you know?

I don'tt care about who the sponsors of Boko haram are. All I know is someone has the power and the relevant laws to bring down whoever is sponsoring those blood drunk bastards but for his clue.less has not been able tto achieve that. The same man who confirmed his government is littered with boko haram apologists forgetting he is a reflection of his subordinates.

I understand our frustration on this issue. However, I feel there might be some iota of truth in his man's revelation. Boko haram is being funded by some people -fact. Who are those people? GEJ at some point claimed he knows the sponsor of Boko Haram yet nothing has been done to get these guys arrested and prosecuted. Thousand of lives are being wasted, yet these guys are protected. Solving Boko Haram is not rocket science - starve them from the funds and arms they receive, starve them from food and water, go into their camps and hunt these bastards down. Starving them of food might even solve 70 percent of the issue, the terrorist who joined for material gains will renegade and turn against each other. If the Nigerian army can do that to Biafrans and it worked, why not do the same to these terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by egift(m): 11:44am On Sep 07, 2014
APContherun:

Finally

Unlike the PDP that flip-flop on issues like fish out of water, I maintain my position - Arrest all the suspects, investigate the allegations and prosecute those found to have a hand in the deaths of 1000s of innocent Nigerians. And I start by my position that Jonathan know far more than he pretends to know. Abuja is shielding the sponsors of Boko Haram.

QED.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 07, 2014
egift:

Unlike the PDP that flip-flop on issues like fish out or water, I maintain my position - Arrest all the suspects, investigate the allegations and prosecute those found to have a hand in the deaths of 1000s of innocent Nigerians. And I start by my position that Jonathan know far more than he pretends to know. Abuja is shielding the sponsors of Boko Haram.

QED.
They will surely be arrested that I promise you only you don't start shouting political witch hunt against you. BTW welcome back from church.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by iluvnaija: 11:54am On Sep 07, 2014
All this na jege to discredit the man.

I am not buying this.
Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by egift(m): 11:58am On Sep 07, 2014
APContherun: They will surely be arrested that I promise you only you don't start shouting political witch hunt against you. BTW welcome back from church.

Do you know that since 2010, Boko Haram have been killing Nigerians under the administration of Jonathan - all Jonathan can do is use it to inflate the budget, demand for Loan, share security contracts to his buddies, while protecting those that are sponsoring it. Now you are telling us he just woke up.

Nwokem pack well before I do something irreversible grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stephen Davis Speaks Again,says the Opposition Party Sponsors Boko Haram by maestroferddi: 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
egift:

Unlike the PDP that flip-flop on issues like fish out of water, I maintain my position - Arrest all the suspects, investigate the allegations and prosecute those found to have a hand in the deaths of 1000s of innocent Nigerians. And I start by my position that Jonathan know far more than he pretends to know. Abuja is shielding the sponsors of Boko Haram.

QED.
Why must you allow narrow-mindedness to relegate fairness and objectivity to the background?

You and other APC rabid supporters are indirectly lending credence to the Boko Haram madness by choosing to remain mealy-mouthed and standing the truth on its head.

The day of reckoning may tarry but it will surely come...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DANGEROUS WORDS FROM ALIYU GWARZO. / Exclusive Photo: Inside APC Propaganda Room, Where the FAKE RESULTS Emanate / New Customs Boss, Col Hamid Ali Was On Abacha Tribunal That Convicted Saro Wiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.