Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? (25706 Views)

Buhari Vows To Crush Pipeline Vandals Like He Did Boko Haram / Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by skijo: 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
@ op u can delete my post the way u did my previous one, hope they pay u well sha. I don't support or sympathize with boko haram's cause but I think the easiest way to lose a battle is to underestimate your opponent ask the Japanese empire about that. The nigerian military can defeat boko Haram wif ease but our government have to really recognise their threat and don't downplay it, when takeover is used it means the previous controlling power has been outpowered u can read on the situation in Iraq for a little enlightenment. I want Nigeria to win this war before it comes to our doorstep. And all the lies that bama is being bombed by the military should stop, as opposed to when Nigeria was at war with biafra Nigeria is at war against boko haram who don't have a place to their name so bombing bama would be against civil rights because it is a civilian zone. I am not a war comander but I believe the easiest way to end this war is to get their sponsors people which the sss should have information about and watch d boko haram fighters lose morale and with little effort the nma would defeat them. If our president should focus half of the energy he spends on polishing his image for 2015 we wud defeat boko haram and nigerians would vote for him because then he would have shown that he is a powerful president. God bless Nigeria
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Stoical: 6:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
I have said before and I will reiterate some...
1-BH may be using propaganda to fight their cause-Media outlets would be doing their best to report factually or to make their money-Govt agents would be doing their bid to quell the seeming tensions(which is proper)-I and U will be spending our money to either support or oppose BH actions, Give kudos/hatred to media outlets, Curse or Be Sympathetic to Govt, and lastly Call ourselves names on social media.
2-I and U may be right or wrong in our stands, wrt govt inactions/slow actions towards doing the right thing at the right time...and as such feel, if BH succeeds, a government maybe toppled and then peace might return later(brotherly and sisterly - ask those that experienced the Civil War how it was OR watchout the actions of ISIS or on a lighter note;fight in eastern Ukraine)

Please friends, let's not support BH in anyway, in as much as we continue to demand that the right actions should be taken by our "Leaders", let's rather pray for PEACE in NIGERIA and NOT to be sympathetic to the causes of BH.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Afroconnect: 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
hifaif:

You can't even punctuate well and leave spaces between your sentences and yet you a simpleminded ediot dare to call people clowns and dummies.

I have not claimed knowledge of what is happening in Borno but you who has no knowledge of the intensity of insurgent attacks faced by people in Borno are quick to label certain news as propaganda. Go tell that to those who have been rendered homeless and childless and see if they won't tear you to pieces.
This is not a english class dummy,again I repeat-the Nigerian army is not GEJ and corrupt politicians-you cowards can at least apreciate people laying their lives to see u live free.

Boko boys dem wan come cut ur necks-dissing the army will make this happen.
when the army frontliners read ur posts on here-how do you think they will feel?

2 Likes

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Afroconnect: 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
Stoical: I have said before and I will reiterate some...
1-BH may be using propaganda to fight their cause-Media outlets would be doing their best to report factually or to make their money-Govt agents would be doing their bid to quell the seeming tensions(which is proper)-I and U will be spending our money to either support or oppose BH actions, Give kudos/hatred to media outlets, Curse or Be Sympathetic to Govt, and lastly Call ourselves names on social media.
2-I and U may be right or wrong in our stands, wrt govt inactions/slow actions towards doing the right thing at the right time...and as such feel, if BH succeeds, a government maybe toppled and then peace might return later(brotherly and sisterly - ask those that experienced the Civil War how it was OR watchout the actions of ISIS or on a lighter note;fight in eastern Ukraine)

Please friends, let's not support BH in anyway, in as much as we continue to demand that the right actions should be taken by our "Leaders", let's rather pray for PEACE in NIGERIA and NOT to be sympathetic to the causes of BH.
Spot on bro...but the vain myopic dummies cnt see so far-they enjoy the sentimental talks.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by arsetalks(m): 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
Afroconnect:
Nairaland is a Nigerian site,it makes sense if it supports the Nigerian army and state-you and your disillusioned educated fools can keep supporting barbaric savages.
Slaves.
the disgusting thing is that you can't say this rubbish to my face. Shows how ill-mannered you are. I weep for your kids either born or unborn. When I think of people like you, legalising abortion makes sense to me.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Afroconnect: 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
arsetalks: the disgusting thing is that you can't say this rubbish to my face. Shows how ill-mannered you are. I weep for your kids either born or unborn. When I think of people like you, legalising abortion makes sense to me.

A traitor like u deserves to be shot in the face,along with the other ungrateful idiots here.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by ebolablast: 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
we hear
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by arsetalks(m): 6:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
Afroconnect:
A traitor like u deserves to be shot in the face,along with the other ungrateful idiots here.
Go ahead and do it. What a shame what you have turned to. People in the area told your mom how much of an idioot she was bringing up but she won't listen as she knew no other way since she also was poorly brought up.

I now regret not loaning your mom the money she needed to abort your pregnancy then. You are now disgracing not only yourself but as well as your family and the greater danger is the kids that will come through you. Only GOD knows when your generation of w*nkers will finally be wiped out. My heart bleeds for your kind.

What a shame kid.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by mashodehammer: 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
An information from Maimalari Barracks said that BOKO HARAM has drop leaflets Threatening to attack MAIDUGURI and presently The families and other civilain members of the both Maimalari and Giwa Barracks are being evacuated/relocating.
The shehu of Borno calls for three days fasting and prayers.
We need to let the suffering people of Borno state know that we feel their pain and praying for them.
Hope this thread is not made to DISTORTS THE FACTS ON THE GROUND,THAT WILL MEAN DISHONESTY,UNSINCERERITY,LACK OF LOVE AND CONCERN FOR THE SUFFERING FELLOW CITIZENS.SEVEN EMIRS[FIRST CLASS CHIEFS] ALREADY FLED THERE DOMAIN
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by deji68: 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
Until they register their "new caliphate" as a UN member state, or even ECOWAS .....They are only hiding there..Lobatan!!!!! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Lurcky(m): 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ogbeni u correct
Media peeps such as; tvc, radio continental, premium times, news 24, sahara reporters,bbc etc reports this boko haram issue and attacks with so much bias. They shld be warned and sanctioned appropirately cuz Nigeria is our own, boko haram cannot jst come, lay claim n get so much media attn in a way that decreases the morale and hope of the people.
we should learn be our brothers keeper and supprt the NA
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
Afroconnect:
This is not a english class dummy,again I repeat-the Nigerian army is not GEJ and corrupt politicians-you cowards can at least apreciate people laying their lives to see u live free.

Boko boys dem wan come cut ur necks-dissing the army will make this happen.
when the army frontliners read ur posts on here-how do you think they will feel?

Maybe it was your sycophancy that made NA so confident that they were recently ambushed. How and why should the army not know the strength of those they fight.

If the army knows the real truth, why should the army front liners feel any different if they hear fake news. You sit there in the comfort of your zone and type misleading BS with no reliable source. The big military boss calls Boko Haram a rag tag army but those doing the real fighting know better. This is beyond giving false hopes. If you have so much confidence in your source, why don't you go to those towns and post pictures of you walking around freely.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Superstar007(m): 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
HAH: Yes, to further show that boko Haram have not captured any town in north east we need to have a world press conference led by Labaran maku, and reuben Abati in front. Of emir of Gwoza palace with a full compliment of all the journalist of all news outfit.

Yes we need to show that all this takeover are propaganda and lies by Boko Haram media and apologist.

Let us prove them wrong by going to Bama,Gwoza,madagali and gomboru to have a TAN rally

GEJ till 2099

Guy you no well grin grin
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by iconize(m): 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Talk about intelligence!

I seriously believe there are some Boko haram sympathizers the government background, hence the perpetual propaganda.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by iconize(m): 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
duni04:
[s]Topic=stupid
Source=lack of sense
Whose fault=moderator in charge[/s]

Don't tell me hunger rendered your thinking faculty this barren.

3 Likes

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by deeobserver209(m): 7:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
darqly: Op, when people like you make such remarks and assertions, one is tempted to ask you the following-
Are lives not lost during BH cowardly raids?
Are innocent and defenceless citizens not rendered refugees?
Is the Nigerian army effectively countering BH attacks?
Do you live in northeastern Nigeria or merely peddle second-hand word of mouth?
Lastly, do you really expect people to say it is well, when it is evidently not well?
What the Op meant is that let the Truth be reported regarding every development and situation about Boko Haram and the fight against terrorism. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just the truth.
A situation where half truths mixed with exaggerated lies are constantly reported only helps to boost Boko terrorist violence morale. Moreover, this lies could also be a deliberate ploy to set Nigerians against the Federal Government.

Imagine a situation where you are in your house relaxing alone in the living room, then all of a sudden two thieves broke down your door on a mission to steal your properties. As soon as the thieves entered you hurriedly rush down to hold them up and stop them from gaining access into the house. Then you call for help, probably your family members. On hearing your cries they hurriedly came over to scene and together, you successfully drove the thieves out of your house.
In the above example, the right thing for a true professional journalist to report is: Thieves tried to gain access into Mr A house but were stopped by Mr A gallantly together with his family members. Don't you agree?
How will you feel if the report was like this: Thieves had over ran and taken over Mr A's house? Do you think the latter reports the true situation the event?

2 Likes

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by DKbarry(m): 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
Djicemob: Those wishing on BH to inflict pain on Nigerians shall be put to shame.

Must be Put to shame!!

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Ekundayo7: 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
publisher: Ever since 2009 Boko Haram has been attacking several Northern/North-Eastern towns at will. Most times they attack such towns, hoist flags, hang around and flee, sometimes they lurk around until Nigerian security forces arrive and chase them out-yet no one ever presented the narrative that Boko Haram had TAKEN OVER such towns.

Unfortunately, today, Boko Haram through its massive media propaganda partners have included the term 'TAKEOVER' into our national counter-terrorism vocabulary. Thus, if a small band of terrorists decide to conduct their usual deadly raids on a small remote town or village in North Eastern Nigeria, Boko Haram's media network quickly gets to work and tells the world that Boko Haram has TAKEN OVER yet another Nigerian territory.

The strategy here is for Boko Haram to continue to disperse small/medium band of fighters to many remote towns and villages, while their media partners simulteanously continue announcing to the world that Boko Haram has 'OVERRUN' more Nigerian territories.

Innundating the Nigerian polity with multiple media reports of takeovers and overruning of Nigerian territories is meant to plunge our security forces into a state of confusion and disarray with a pinch of hopelessness. This can cause a large number of Nigerian soldiers to say to themselves, "Why bother,these Boko Haram guys are everywhere." -The Nigerian army's morale will gradually continue to dampen and at a later date the insurgents will abandon those smaller towns, regroup and attack major towns like Maiduguri,Yola and Damaturu in full force.

This is Boko Haram's strategy and I hope all Nigerians,especially those with ownership or access to media outlets (online and offline) are listening.

A simple counter-propaganda strategy from all patriotic Nigerian media outlets (and the rest of us) is to continue reporting every single Boko Haram attack for what it really is "A COWARDLY ATTACK" and NOT equate such attacks to territorial gains.

Afterall, in spite of Boko Haram's alleged control of several Nigerian territories, we are yet to see the head of their caliphate (Shekau) relocate or move into one of the airconditioned secretariat offices located in territories he claims to control.

Again, let's join hands and fight Boko Haram with everything we've got.

Source: Common sense
It's a shame there is no journalist brave enough and equipped well enough tech-wise to actually embed with the army to get firsthand reports. Lack of photos and non biased reporting the public can trust gives rise to distrust. Outside media picks up SR stories and runs with them, painting the worst face worldwide. You don't know who to trust as NO ONE inside Nigeria is actually doing a consistent job. Journalists need to step it up and whoever is brave enough to do it might just make a name and reputation...
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by ndcide(m): 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
Babalegba: idiotic posts normally irritates me but I will give yours benefit of the doubt for the moment. Kindly explain to us doubter on this forum why a set of people will go about destroying their own community, killing their own people just to gain political control. Is it by coincidence that ISIS are fighting in Syria and Iraq to carve out an Islamic caliphate as well. GEJ should have at least got people with a bit of grey matter to defend his inane paralytic kleptomaniac clueless government rather than asking grey matter starved mischievous clowns to to clog the social networks.

idiotic comments also irritates me. Unfortunately I can't help you. Go and ask Shekau why UN building, NPF HQ , Abuja mall Madala Church etc was bombed. if you can get the answer you wouldn't worry about ISIS.

Since you have a brain, tell me why the places I mentioned were bombed...Forming a Caliphate indeed. Sorry the Politics of Book haram is beyond your capacity. just because the fight has taken a different dimension you choose to be ignorant of the past.

nonsense.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by DaBullIT(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
RedEboe: Bros,i TOTALLY agree with u. Just now there are reports that a group of terrorists are attacking some parts of Michika LG but Boko Haram media wing SAHARA REPORTERS has already started telling the world that Boko Haram has taken over Michika LG.

But what's the difference ? Eventually the people there will run or surrender. To me that's the same as take over
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Ifewilshere(m): 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
I still don't know why somebody will sit in the comfort of his room and tell us Boko Haramism is a political propaganda. That might be your point of view on the issue, but u shouldn't force anybody to buy it.
You call it a Political propaganda, and it has been in existence for 5 solid years(imagine d pix of a 5yr old child). U call it a propaganda and we're fighting it, abi? what is d definition of PROPAGANDA self? I think we're mixing somethings up. A perfect example of a political propaganda is what APC did in Osun state, claiming their Agents nd party leaders have been arrested just to get the masses behind them. That happened and fadded away within a week. B.H's case is not in any way related to that. This has gone physical and visible,are you telling me there is no church burnt off during d 2009 new year eve? The number of churches and mosques burnt is up to three digits if not more, the girls kidnapped? Is dat also a propaganda? If it is, why is the goverment trying to pay the parents? Its high time we forgot our political, tribal and religious differences and face the truth, which is B.H. We should use our wit in finding solution to the problem rather than put the blame on others.

ONE NIGERIA
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by mike404(m): 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Djicemob: Those wishing on BH to inflict pain on Nigerians shall be put to shame.
AMEN

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by darqly(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
ndcide:
It is people like you who give the enemies of this country a psychological advantage. for me, the responses here and there is absolutely political.

If stating the obvious translates to giving the enemy a psychological advantage, however incongruous it sounds, then I'll always be guilty my friend.
Come to yola and announce to the traumatised refugees fleeing their homes to please shut up, as they're demoralizing our troops and citizens like you ( who are not in mortal danger...)
If the president will act like a president for ONCE, and curtail this insurgency, then he may have moral justification for seeking re-election.
NB- When the Nigerian army starts giving BH a good licking, I'll be in the fore championing their achievements.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by BizBloke(m): 8:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
Truckpusher: It only sells to peeps that refused in applying common sense in everything they hear.

How can Boko Haram give me the names of their sworn enemy as a sponsor and another name of their ex Godfather that put a hit on some of their key members when he noticed that he has lost control and his errand boys have been hijacked by richer,powerful and power hungry Northerners who will never listen anyone except themselves. Yet thousands of Nigerians are buying the story.

Of all people, Boko Haram commanders are revealing sensitive info to an Australian national who could be possibly running a criminal enterprise for one of the Western renowned intelligent agencies.
But Nigerians have believed everything with some backwater Lawyers in the North calling for the prosecution of a retired General in Hague without conducting any investigation and without any evidence.

Use your heads ,say something if you feel it is not right, but don't let yourselves be on the wrong side of history because we are making a history that'd define the new NIGERIA.

Exactly my point: some people forget common sense when and if the media says/writes it. They never bother to know if verity backs it up. It's disheartening.

This fight against Boko H. - just like the fight against Ebola - transcends just physicality. It goes deep into the psychology and when the psychology of part of the populace is being messed with to an extent, it's defeat knocking on the door, or serious danger.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by olokpa11(m): 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
duni04: Topic=stupid
Source=lack of sense
Whose fault=moderator in charge
Typical example of a boko symphatizer, I will only agree to the #TAKE OVER# term when I see shekau inside the local govt office in gwoza,rather all his videos,na sambisa the guy dey!!MTCHEWWWWWWWWW

B**L S**T

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by duni04(m): 8:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
iconize:

Don't tell me hunger rendered your thinking faculty this barren.
Lol. Lord have mercy! Me or u?
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by authority2006(m): 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
OP, you need to wake up and stop deceiving yourself. The issue of Boko Haram in this country has gone beyond living denial. Living in denial won't help us, in fact, it was living in denial that had made the issue of Boko Haram to get out of hands. You are accusing the media for using the words "take over" recently? Were they not the ones using the word "attacks" in the past? Attacks is attacks, take over is take over. Just tell your government to wake up to her responsibility of securing lives and properties of the Nigeria citizens. Propaganda and name callings can't solve the problem.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
caesaraba: Objection! While it is good to state the facts as they are, it is also important not to down -play the scale of Boko Haram operations. Yes," operations."

Boko Haram has obviously grown exponentially in recent times because they have been constantly underrated and their attacks down-played by pro-government persons who have always held the opinion that stating the facts will do political damage to whoever they so support.

What is a take-over? If boko haram attacks a town, drives out the authority (soldiers, police, emir, boys scout et al) and then proceeds to hold that town for even 1 hour, that is a take over for that period of time.

Boko haram has stopped attacking and running away why? Simple. When a person becomes successful, he/she attracts many friends.
Boko haram has been left to thrive for so long in the NE region that more experienced and brazen fighters from other groups like Ansar-deen who have been dealt with and chased out of Mali by France have poured in to swell their ranks. Remember Shekau sent 200 fighters to help them take over Mali during their own campaign abi? Where are the Chadean Rebels of old who used to carry out brazen robberies along Jos/Kaduna roads in those days? Where are all the miscellaneous miscreants inhabiting the North? Probably boko members now. Why not? They are a standing army now (like it or not) and we have better start seeing them as such. ...and standing armies pay salaries.
Nice talk...but Nigerians don't like truth. Let them go visit those places...even army generals and politicians don't dare.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by ndcide(m): 8:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
darqly:

If stating the obvious translates to giving the enemy a psychological advantage, however incongruous it sounds, then I'll always be guilty my friend.
Come to yola and announce to the traumatised refugees fleeing their homes to please shut up, as they're demoralizing our troops and citizens like you ( who are not in mortal danger...)
If the president will act like a president for ONCE, and curtail this insurgency, then he may have moral justification for seeking re-election.
NB- When the Nigerian army starts giving BH a good licking, I'll be in the fore championing their achievements.

What do you mean by "if the President will act like a president for once"

it's absolutely disgusting to read this from you. the President has deployed the military declared a SOE. Yet your likes saw nothing good about it. Surreptitiously giving the enemies leverage by condemning govt actions, openly berating the military, over exaggerating activities of the sect, print and electronic media taking sides, crucifying objectivity in reportage because of political sentiments or dislike of the person of the president.

The president has done what he has to do. the military should be allowed to do their jobs. We should encourage them and make them realize that they must not fail in this fight and not politicize their actions. we should be sensitive to military saboteurs and Boko haram moles in the military and urge the military ti fish them out. we must be supportive.

The president means well for the country and he is doing what he can. we must not pull him down. He may have to compromise a lot. sometimes let his enemies have their way; that is the dynamics of such position. it's never a liner equation.

If you have been in a leadership position at trying times you'll understand.

my footnote is from the movie 24. do you know when and the circumstance the president in that movie made the statement watch it again and find out for yourself. ..... the whole of America saw him as weak and silly. but ultimately he was right. hence he made the statement.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
deeobserver209:
What the Op meant is that let the Truth be reported regarding every development and situation about Boko Haram and the fight against terrorism. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just the truth.
A situation where half truths mixed with exaggerated lies are constantly reported only helps to boost Boko terrorist violence morale. Moreover, this lies could also be a deliberate ploy to set Nigerians against the Federal Government.

Imagine a situation where you are in your house relaxing alone in the living room, then all of a sudden two thieves broke down your door on a mission to steal your properties. As soon as the thieves entered you hurriedly rush down to hold them up and stop them from gaining access into the house. Then you call for help, probably your family members. On hearing your cries they hurriedly came over to scene and together, you successfully drove the thieves out of your house.
In the above example, the right thing for a true professional journalist to report is: Thieves tried to gain access into Mr A house but were stopped by Mr A gallantly together with his family members. Don't you agree?
How will you feel if the report was like this: Thieves had over ran and taken over Mr A's house? Do you think the latter reports the true situation the event?
Armed robbers or who? Go to those areas under attacks and see what it is. U dey here dey form hypothesis.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
ndcide:

What do you mean by "if the President will act like a president for once"

it's absolutely disgusting to read this from you. the President has deployed the military declared a SOE. Yet your likes saw nothing good about it. Surreptitiously giving the enemies leverage by condemning govt actions, openly berating the military, over exaggerating activities of the sect, print and electronic media taking sides, crucifying objectivity in reportage because of political sentiments or dislike of the person of the president.

The president has done what he has to do. the military should be allowed to do their jobs. We should encourage them and make them realize that they must not fail in this fight and not politicize their actions. we should be sensitive to military saboteurs and Boko haram moles in the military and urge the military ti fish them out. we must be supportive.

The president means well for the country and he is doing what he can. we must not pull him down. He may have to compromise a lot. sometimes let his enemies have their way; that is the dynamics of such position. it's never a liner equation.

If you have been in a leadership position at trying times you'll understand.

my footnote is from the movie 24. do you know when and the circumstance the president in that movie made the statement watch it again and find out for yourself. ..... the whole of America saw him as weak and silly. but ultimately he was right. hence he made the statement.
It is not just army deployment and SOE. Obama told US Army to bomb ISIS nearing Irbil but now they are hitting them in Mosul without boots on the ground. But corruption in NA recruitment, promotion and equipping d foot soldiers with body armor and weaponry are their bane of efficiency. U don't see that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker / Imo: Army To Commence Shooting Exercise From September 5, Warns Public / N530B Arms Contract Probe : Army Generals Block Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.