Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? (25726 Views)

Buhari Vows To Crush Pipeline Vandals Like He Did Boko Haram / Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by vodkat: 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
oluafolabi: Lol. There is no media propaganda here. It's just you being allergic to reality and the truth. They bleed just like me, I agree. So why has it been very impossible for the NA to quell this opposition?

If u understand there tactics u would understand that this media propaganda is doing them a favor. I will post later what I read from a convert of them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by themmydhayhor(m): 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
Endougs: Unending Laughter Pt1 - Jokes .

https://www.nairaland.com/1892028/unending-laughter-pt1

Laughter.................

Guy y d container wey dey ur neck cum empty ....
Coz I don't tink dat tin u carry 4 neck no suppose dey dere
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by mu2sa2: 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
TAN should go and organize a rally at Gwoza and Bama to counter boko haram propaganda. Op should also join them and post pictures.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by 01mcfadden(m): 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
Its very obvious that sahara reporters are their media wing.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
The last time i checked, britain has never been of any usefulness to us as a colonial Oga. All francophone countries enjoy some old pappy protection and help from france but here we are having all our issues escalated and blow out of proportion by our so called colonial father (Britain). Even their companies take the same route of leaving a very sordid environment and reputation in Nigeria. Shell is a big example. Very controversial set of people. Chief propagandist. Always happy to amplify every little of our challenge to the entire world.
Idrismusty97: All thanks to Bokoharam Broadcasting company(BBC) and Sharia Reporters.

Seconded!

2 Likes

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Djicemob: 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
pembisco: op u ar talking rubish! Infct d media is nt evn reporting d actual casualty of boko haram. If u say BH hv nt taken ova doz twns nd villages u claimed then i dare u pass through thre nd lets see. Mst of u here ar undermining d deadly capability of BH. Wat do u kal a situation whr they attack villages unrepelled by our military fo almst 24hrs?
This guy,U r doin exactly what BH wants u to do with this ur post.This is exactly what we shouldn't do.Over exaggerate terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Babaji111(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
What baffles me much is how the government and it's citizens are pretending as if nothing is going on wrong.

In the US and other developed countries, when one soul is lost the government, the people and the media will be deeply shaken.

May God restore peace and tranquility in Nigeria now and forever.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by victorazy(m): 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
Truckpusher: Nigerians need to understand that Boko Haram has a lot of sympathizers even here in NL.

When they subtly addresses a mere skirmish between soldiers and possibly on the run boko haram members as huge battle that killed our boys in uniform ,they are passing a message on behalf of boko haram knowingly and the aim is to make Nigerians think that boko haram is larger than life and can't be defeated by the Nigerian Army thereby psychologically trying to defeat the people before boko haram takes over physically and this only serves a particular purpose ;which is ,if some bunch of gun and knife wielding fellows shows up even in the South in their numbers people might panic and that'd usher in the chaos they so much wanted .

And I think it is high time the Govt. should begin to fish out these traitors and terrorists in our midst and shoot them in the head.

Mean muslims?

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
publisher: Ever since 2009 Boko Haram has been attacking several Northern/North-Eastern towns at will. Most times they attack such towns, hoist flags, hang around and flee, sometimes they lurk around until Nigerian security forces arrive and chase them out-yet no one ever presented the narrative that Boko Haram had TAKEN OVER such towns.

Unfortunately, today, Boko Haram through its massive media propaganda partners have included the term 'TAKEOVER' into our national counter-terrorism vocabulary. Thus, if a small band of terrorists decide to conduct their usual deadly raids on a small remote town or village in North Eastern Nigeria, Boko Haram's media network quickly gets to work and tells the world that Boko Haram has TAKEN OVER yet another Nigerian territory.

The strategy here is for Boko Haram to continue to disperse small/medium band of fighters to many remote towns and villages, while their media partners simulteanously continue announcing to the world that Boko Haram has 'OVERRUN' more Nigerian territories.

Innundating the Nigerian polity with multiple media reports of takeovers and overruning of Nigerian territories is meant to plunge our security forces into a state of confusion and disarray with a pinch of hopelessness. This can cause a large number of Nigerian soldiers to say to themselves, "Why bother,these Boko Haram guys are everywhere." -The Nigerian army's morale will gradually continue to dampen and at a later date the insurgents will abandon those smaller towns, regroup and attack major towns like Maiduguri,Yola and Damaturu in full force.

This is Boko Haram's strategy and I hope all Nigerians,especially those with ownership or access to media outlets (online and offline) are listening.

A simple counter-propaganda strategy from all patriotic Nigerian media outlets (and the rest of us) is to continue reporting every single Boko Haram attack for what it really is "A COWARDLY ATTACK" and NOT equate such attacks to territorial gains.

Afterall, in spite of Boko Haram's alleged control of several Nigerian territories, we are yet to see the head of their caliphate (Shekau) relocate or move into one of the airconditioned secretariat offices located in territories he claims to control.

Again, let's join hands and fight Boko Haram with everything we've got.

Source: Common sense

But I have been watching videos on SaharaReporters.com and YouTube.com, how the bandits entered an Army Barack chase all army personal away and seized there weapons (Army).
Videos can't lie.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by highmood(m): 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
The freedom of information which these administration granted to help our democracy has been abused by wicked and senseless politicians, supporters and groups. Rather than use it to promote our culture, successes, richness just like the Chinese are doing and of recently AIT, they are busy wasting thier ill-gotten wealth on electronic and print media houses trying to paint the government especially the federal government black. Rather than pray for the man or those in power, some ingrates are using abusive words against the president yet saying " we are well trained and more respectful than others". Its quite unfortunate. People say bad news sells more? But I think, it is in Nigeria alone. why are the Chinese or the western world not feeding us with the decays in the society so as the world and authority would know they are not able? Or do they want to tell us thier society is perfect? Our local media houses should help this country, our bad politicians trying to fake truths and paint our image, richness and progress black due to hatred against he that is in power should desist from it. Some people in all sections of the country who have not been to other parts of the country shouldn't conclude that there is nothing going on else where in the country. The government is federal government is making progress; if the previous administrations especially Babangida, Buhari and of course and importantly the [b][/b]OBJ administration who has enormous power and resources to have put things in place had done so, we would have had a clear-cut case against GEJ. GEJ is trying to lay a good and new foundation for the country. He believes let by gone be by gone and lets start afresh, but wicked people who never want to see changes in some years coming are hell bent in destroying this country and wants us to remain in the dark. Nigeria is our own, if it collapses, it collapses on us all, if it grows, our generation will bless our soul.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
HAH: Yes, to further show that boko Haram have not captured any town in north east we need to have a world press conference led by Labaran maku, and reuben Abati in front. Of emir of Gwoza palace with a full compliment of all the journalist of all news outfit.

Yes we need to show that all this takeover are propaganda and lies by Boko Haram media and apologist.

Let us prove them wrong by going to Bama,Gwoza,madagali and gomboru to have a TAN rally

GEJ till 2099
i like your style, bros
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2014
Boko Haram taking over and overpowering a useless army and people here are talking semantics.
please hurry up the break up. I'm tired of these freely educated fools.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Truckpusher(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2014
50calibre:

You're retar*ded!!! So I guess these tanks & APCs are proceeds of the "mere skirmishes" with the boys in uniform right?

If at this stage, you still underestimate boko haram's capacity or the threat it poses then its either you haven't being paying attention or just foolhardy.

Boko haram is taking over in every sense of the word. When an authority is powerless to repel attacks on the state, then it's lost control.

Boko haram conquer towns, conveniently repelling the little resistance they encounter for Nigeria's rag-tag army, residents on sighting them, flee for safety else they're systematically executed. They then proceed to storm barracks and freely cart away arms as every soldier in the barack is either dead or fled.

The Nigerian army or rather the Nigerian militia lacks the efficacy to tackle boko haram head-on, a US state department official said Nigerian soldiers are scared shi*less of Boko haram, they're too scared to fight & why shouldn't they? When they're are going up against a better armed and better motivated outfit.

Cameroonian forces make instant mincemeat of the maggots stu*pid enough to venture into thèir territory, the remaining maggots come running back to Nigeria where they get an easy ride.

Wake up from your fantasy world Mr Truckpusher
I have vowed never to engage your iidiotic asss on any argument.

Continue ranting like a rabid dog - Now gerrout of here.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Ahmeduana(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2014
[quote author=publisher]
FORTUNATELY COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON FOR COMMONERS LIKE THE JAJANWEEDIANS
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
denial
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Truckpusher(m): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
victorazy:

Mean muslims?
Nope, enemies of Nigeria.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by AdeniyiA(m): 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
publisher:
Source: Common sense
grin grin grin
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by san316(m): 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
Since when did hoisting a flag by a group in a territory seize to mean a take over? OP or anybody commenting, if you are not in Borno, Adamawa or Yobe, or not a soldier there, just STFlyingFU.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by pembisco(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
Djicemob: This guy,U r doin exactly what BH wants u to do with this ur post.This is exactly what we shouldn't do.Over exaggerate terrorism.
shatapp! Km UMTH morgue nd see our death military men evrywhr. They bring ther death colliques evryday 4 embelment nd u wnt us to keep quite nd pretend?
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Kelly32: 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
Kelly32:
where are evidences or facts like Pictures or videos of them in the Police barracks, in the Emirs palace, pictures of them in these deserted places that are being mention they have taken over. Please I would like us to see that the reason they only show you short videos or picture of one Armour humvee on youtube is simple, Propaganda. There is a saying that ''when a person is falling down its only natural for them to look for what to hold on to'' and in this case the only thing they bokoharam are trying to grab wisely is propaganda.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by rattlesnake(m): 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
Question for orunmila
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Afroconnect: 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Leave the clowns and dummies,thinking talking down our military and praising boko will do them any good.

Boko haram are cowards-if they come in large numbers,of course the small number of troops in the area could be overwhelmed and of course withdraw tactically that is in no way a take over.

All you dumb Nigerians. Thinking this psychology will boost our troops-you all are just playing into boko haram hands and you help to embolden them,any patriotic Nigerian will encourage our military-for ll militaries and armies in the world withdraw tactically sometimes to avoid too much casualties,its part of war-fare,only dummies don't realise.

Wonder why una papa no go fight.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by abu12: 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
@ops since when did boko haram start declaring their caliphate on nigeria soil and has control of it for more than 24hr?

OK answer this question

1. Is Gwoza part of Nigeria?
Yes/No

1a. who is in control of Gwoza?
A. Nigeria Army B. Shekau C. Camerronian Army
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Clinton594(m): 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
Please can someone dash me space in the first page to say this sensible thought that just entered my head now.......... it comes once in a while
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by vodkat: 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
Action will always be greater than propaganda anyday
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by unclejb2(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
Idrismusty97: All thanks to Bokoharam Broadcasting company(BBC) and Sharia Reporters.

Seconded!
. Ur head dey there full time. BBC. Bokoharam Broadcasting Company

2 Likes

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Afroconnect: 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
pembisco:
shatapp! Km UMTH morgue nd see our death military men evrywhr. They bring ther death colliques evryday 4 embelment nd u wnt us to keep quite nd pretend?
Ur father na bastard,u dey work for morgue-fool. Why u no go count boko boys dead on the streets.
Senseless coward.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Kelly32: 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
where are evidences or facts like Pictures or videos of them in the Police barracks, in the Emirs palace, pictures of them with a hoisted flag in these deserted places that are being mention they have taken over.

Please I would like us to see that the reason they only show you short videos or picture of one Armour humvee on youtube is simple, Propaganda. I personally believe that if they are bold enough as some have projected them to be they would have shot videos in these places as they do with humvee's and RPG's which is a show of there achievement. There is a saying that ''when a person is falling down its only natural for them to look for what to hold on to'' and in this case the only thing they bokoharam are trying to grab wisely is propaganda.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by RunnaRunna(m): 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
So who do we believe if reuters n bokoharam broadcastin corporatn(bbc)accrding to sme pple here are unreliable n hellbent on ruinin the image of nigeria(if it even has one)?When the stvs,tvcs,aits n d rest of the news agencies here aren't even as informed as this foreign news agencies regardin happnins in the coun3.Don't u think using the term ''TAKEOVER'' shld spur urgency in tacklin the BH issue in a well meanin n right thinkin govt?Takeover,conquer,dominate,lives are lost whenever BH undertakes whchever one.We should scrap the ants off the tree b4 it falls the tree,don't think it isn't possible.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Djicemob: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
pembisco:
I'll slap myself for engaging u in a discussion like this.U r simply myopic.See ur reasoning abeg!

That is the one you know,Do u expect BH to bring their dead members to the morgue too.For fact that u get to see these military men dead bodies is the more reason u need to appreciate and respect their effort.Giving up their life for u and this is the thanks they get.SMH.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by 50calibre(m): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
Truckpusher: I have vowed never to engage your iidiotic asss on any argument.

Continue ranting like a rabid dog - Now gerrout of here.

No need to, it will be a slaughter. At least you're smart enough to pick your fights wisely.

Stop dropping retar*ded comments on the front page, as I will always come for you when i see any. Think before talking shi*t
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by eruchboy(m): 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
well answer is:Since when did boko haram `attacks' become `takeover'...well if your not in troubled zone u cant tell.nobody or journalist might want to go to warzone where the FG/army cant protect them much,large but least developed area in nigeria,little or no signals.But what i know is that boko haram must number in their thousands in Nigeria (nairaland symphatisers inclusive);army are not yet fully prepared but winning this guerrilla war

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi And Paul Davies Ryan Meet (Photos) / How Much Is Fuel In Your Area Today? / Ebonyi Youths Hold Rally For Tinubu In Abakaliki (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.