Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Quran Justifies The Bible - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Quran Justifies The Bible (2531 Views)

ISIS Justifies Child Rape With The Quran / Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh / Does The Quran Permit Suicide? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
He (Jesus) said: Surely I am a servant of allah; He has given me the BOOK and made me a prophet (Surah 19:30 Shakir).

He (Jesus) spake: Lo! I am the slave of allah; He hath given me the SCRIPTURE and hath appointed me a Prophet (Surah 19:30 Pickthall).

In there allah says Jesus was given a BOOK/SCRIPTURE but muslims deny the bible, saying it was not written by eye-witnesses. Some even say it was not a written document against allah's statement. While some say it is corrupted.

Where is the uncorrupted BOOK/SCRIPTURE allah talked about and written by who? I'm sure you know a book is a written document.

DISCIPLES OF JESUS ARE WITNESSES TO WORDS AND DEED OF JESUS:

The Disciples said: ''Our Lord! We believe in that which Thou has revealed and we follow him whom Thou has sent. ENROLL US AMONG THOSE WHO WITNESS (to the truth). Surah 3:53.

Where did muslims learn Jesus Disciples were not eye witnesses?

If the Bible is the TRUTH witnessed by the disciples, what need is there for the quran?
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by OJODEL10(m): 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
please let the muslims answer these questions?
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by Akindarchi(m): 8:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
It seems your bible scholars beat us to the job of answering the questions. shocked it so appears that according to the scholars the authorship of the canonical gospels is unknown, and that Mark,Luke,Matthew,and John were pen names...anyhow, just chill abit, once again the answer would be given, and let's hope you are genuinely seeking the truth and not just seeking some argument. But before then going by your style of thinking, what need was the new testament if the old testament was divinely revealed to Moses them them? Seeing as Jesus himself confirmed the old testament undecided
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by bYousouph(m): 9:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
Jeremiah 8:8 answers your question...

How can you say, we are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into lie.
JEREMIAH 8:8

Your holy book comfirming it is curropt.

2 Likes

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
Akindarchi: It seems your bible scholars beat us to the job of answering the questions. shocked it so appears that according to the scholars the authorship of the canonical gospels is unknown, and that Mark,Luke,Matthew,and John were pen names...anyhow, just chill abit, once again the answer would be given, and let's hope you are genuinely seeking the truth and not just seeking some argument. But before then going by your style of thinking, what need was the new testament if the old testament was divinely revealed to Moses them them? Seeing as Jesus himself confirmed the old testament undecided

Thank you, I'm awaiting your defence or rather your explanation on the thread.

The Old Testament predicted the New Testament. God had said He would make a new COVENANT, meaning He had two dispensations: the dispensation of Law and Grace.

OLD TESTAMENT:

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a NEW COVENANT with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.

NOT according to the COVENANT that I made with their fathers in the days I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord.

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; after those days, saith the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, and WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God and they shall be my people
(Jeremiah 31:31-33).

NEW TESTAMENT:

For FINDING FAULT WITH THEM, he saith, Behold the days come, saith the Lord, when I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT with the the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.

NOT according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the days when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, because they continued not in my covenant and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord, I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS and I will be to them a God and they shall be to me a people
Hebrews 8:8-10

So, what happened in the NT was already in the plan of God since the days of the OT.

FINDING FAULT WITH THEM (8:cool.

The people could not observe the Law written on paper perfectly because of human weakness. God then decided to write them in their heart, instead of paper. This is what happens when a person receives the Holy Spirit as it happened on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2).

A true Christian is conscious of not committing sins and is condemned immediately after an unintentional sinning because the Law is inside him/her. He repents and is forgiven.
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 10:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
bYousouph: Jeremiah 8:8 answers your question...

How can you say, we are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into lie.
JEREMIAH 8:8

Your holy book comfirming it is curropt.

But your quran says it is not corrupt.

You have no slightest idea of Jeremiah 8:8. They corrupted the practice and not the laws themselves. You cannot corrupt any law but the practice. Are Nigerian Laws corrupt? No, but they corrupt the practice. NOTE THAT THE SAME LAWS PROPHETS AFTER PROPHETS continued to observe even by Jeremiah himself.

You didn't touch all the questions, why dodging them?

1 Like

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by bYousouph(m): 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
Can ye (o ye men of Faith) entertain the hope that they will believe in you?- Seeing that a party of them heard the Word of Allah, and perverted it knowingly after they understood it… Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.
(Quran 2:75,79)

There is among them a section who distort the Book with their tongues: (As they read) you would think it is a part of the Book, but it is no part of the Book; and they say, "That is from Allah," but it is not from Allah: It is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it!
(Quran 3:78)

Indeed, they who conceal what Allah has sent down of the Book and exchange it for a small price - those consume not into their bellies except the Fire. And Allah will not speak to them on the Day of Resurrection, nor will He purify them. And they will have a painful punishment.
[Quran 2:174]

4 Likes

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by bYousouph(m): 11:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
Among the Jews are those who distort words from their [proper] usages and say, "We hear and disobey" and "Hear but be not heard" and "Ra'ina," twisting their tongues and defaming the religion. And if they had said [instead], "We hear and obey" and "Wait for us [to understand]," it would have been better for them and more suitable. But Allah has cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, except for a few.
[quran 4:46]

And [mention, O Muhammad], when Allah took a covenant from those who
were given the Scripture, [saying], "You must make it clear to the people and not conceal it." But they threw it away behind their backs and exchanged it for a small price. And wretched is that which they purchased.
[Quran 3:187]

O People of the Scripture, there has come to you Our Messenger making clear to you much of what you used to conceal of the Scripture and overlooking much. There has come to you from Allah a light and a clear Book.
[Quran 5:15]

D above verses clearly state the bible has corrupt

4 Likes

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by maclatunji: 12:43am On Sep 08, 2014
OP, the Qur'an refers to the Injil not the Bible written by people. You have failed miserably by quoting the Qur'an out of context.

Learn to reason better.

2 Likes

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 9:20am On Sep 08, 2014
You guys did not address the questions, instead you were all talking off-point.

Quran says Jesus was given a BOOK. The question is: Where is that Book Allah talks about? The Book must have been in existence before your alleged corruption of it. Where is the uncorrupted copy or copies. Please note that the original copies must have been in some hands or houses.

Who wrote the original copies?

All these you failed to answer, instead you were quoting irrelevantly to cover-up.

There is among them a section [/b]who distort the Book with their tongues: (As they read) you would think it is a part of the Book, but it is no part of the Book; and they say, "That is from Allah," but it is not from Allah: It is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it!
(Quran 3:78)

This shows it was not all of them who distorted the Book.

Where is that one not distorted?

Again, the distortion was with their [b]tongues
and not the Book itself, why do you allege the Book is distorted?

As there were those who did not distort at all, why not continue with the same Book?

I hope you will answer wherever you see question marks and not try to divert.

Among the Jews are those who distort words from their [proper] usages[/b]and say, "We hear and disobey" and "Hear but be not heard" and "Ra'ina," twisting their tongues and defaming the religion. And if they had said [instead], "We hear and obey" and "Wait for us [to understand]," it would have been better for them and more suitable. But Allah has cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, except for a few.
[quran 4:46]

[b]They distorted the words from their proper usages
and this tallies with what I said on Jeremiah 8:8 that it was the practice they corrupted and not the Law itself.

The truth is that allah should have located the original Book instead of introducing the Quran that is totally the opposite.
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 10:00am On Sep 08, 2014
CHRISTIANS' VIRTUES ACCORDING TO ALLAH

Thou wilt find the most of vehement of mankind in hostility to those who believe (to be) the Jews and the idolaters. AND THOU WILT FIND THE NEAREST OF THEM IN AFFECTION TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE (TO BE) THOSE WHO SAY: LO! WE ARE CHRISTIANS. THAT IS BECAUSE THERE ARE AMONG THEM PRIESTS AND MONKS AND BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PROUD (Sural 5:82).
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by vedaxcool(m): 10:02am On Sep 08, 2014
Quote mining isn't gonna help you, In the Qur'an Allah says;

"O Apostle! let not those grieve thee, who race each other into unbelief: (whether it be) among those who say "We believe" with their lips but whose hearts have no faith; or it be among the Jews,- men who will listen to any lie,- will listen even to others who have never so much as come to thee. They change the words from their (right) times and places: they say, 'If ye are given this, take it, but if not, beware!' If any one's trial is intended by God, thou hast no authority in the least for him against God. For such - it is not God's will to purify their hearts. For them there is disgrace in this world, and in the Hereafter a heavy punishment. (The Noble Quran, 5:41)"

Allah did aforetime take a covenant from the Children of Israel, and we appointed twelve captains among them. And Allah said: "I am with you: if ye (but) establish regular prayers, practise regular charity, believe in my messengers, honour and assist them, and loan to Allah a beautiful loan, verily I will wipe out from you your evils, and admit you to gardens with rivers flowing beneath; but if any of you, after this, resisteth faith, he hath truly wandered from the path or rectitude."
5:13 But because of their breach of their covenant, We cursed them, and made their hearts grow hard; they change the words from their (right) places and forget a good part of the message that was sent them, nor wilt thou cease to find them- barring a few - ever bent on (new) deceits: but forgive them, and overlook (their misdeeds): for Allah loveth those who are kind.
5:14 From those, too, who call themselves[b] Christians,[/b] We did take a covenant, but they forgot a good part of the message that was sent them: so we estranged them, with enmity and hatred between the one and the other, to the day of judgment. And soon will Allah show them what it is they have done.

It should be clear to any honest individual that the christians perverted and lost the original document given to them.

3 Likes

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by bYousouph(m): 10:30am On Sep 08, 2014
You don't even know the history of bible. If you do, you won't be asking such question.

Should be word of God be tampered with??
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bible_verses_not_included_in_modern_translations

There are lot of other books which were not included in the NT
i. Gospel of Thomas
ii. Gospel of Marcion
iii. Gospel of Besilides
iv. Gospel of Truth
v. Gospel of Mary
vi. Gospel of Barnabas

there are many more which i can't list. Why accept some gospels and reject some?

And also, Catholic bible is different from Orthodox bible also different from Protestant bible. Why? Because it is corrupted and not all churches accept some verse...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 10:42am On Sep 08, 2014
vedaxcool: Quote mining isn't gonna help you, In the Qur'an Allah says;

"O Apostle! let not those grieve thee, who race each other into unbelief: (whether it be) among those who say "We believe" with their lips but whose hearts have no faith; or it be among the Jews,- men who will listen to any lie,- will listen even to others who have never so much as come to thee. They change the words from their (right) times and places: they say, 'If ye are given this, take it, but if not, beware!' If any one's trial is intended by God, thou hast no authority in the least for him against God. For such - it is not God's will to purify their hearts. For them there is disgrace in this world, and in the Hereafter a heavy punishment. (The Noble Quran, 5:41)"

Allah did aforetime take a covenant from the Children of Israel, and we appointed twelve captains among them. And Allah said: "I am with you: if ye (but) establish regular prayers, practise regular charity, believe in my messengers, honour and assist them, and loan to Allah a beautiful loan, verily I will wipe out from you your evils, and admit you to gardens with rivers flowing beneath; but if any of you, after this, resisteth faith, he hath truly wandered from the path or rectitude."
5:13 But because of their breach of their covenant, We cursed them, and made their hearts grow hard; they change the words from their (right) places and forget a good part of the message that was sent them, nor wilt thou cease to find them- barring a few - ever bent on (new) deceits: but forgive them, and overlook (their misdeeds): for Allah loveth those who are kind.
5:14 From those, too, who call themselves[b] Christians,[/b] We did take a covenant, but they forgot a good part of the message that was sent them: so we estranged them, with enmity and hatred between the one and the other, to the day of judgment. And soon will Allah show them what it is they have done.

It should be clear to any honest individual that the christians perverted and lost the original document given to them.

Hummm! How do all these quotes answer my questions? STILL DODGING!

Quote my questions and answer them appropriately. I'm suspecting none of you guys has the answers.

But if the Book is so distorted and allah could not find the original and had to introduce the quran, why did he still promise to grant the Jews and Christians heaven despite his anger and curses? (Surah 2:62).

It is the same allah who talk so good of the Christians he once cursed (Surah 5:82).

Why is allah contradicting himself?

If the Book being observed by the Jews and Chistians is good enough to take them to heaven and get reward, why the fight and curse? Something must be wrong somewhere.
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 10:46am On Sep 08, 2014
bYousouph: You don't even know the history of bible. If you do, you won't be asking such question.

i. Gospel of Thomas
ii. Gospel of Marcion
iii. Gospel of Besilides
iv. Gospel of Truth
v. Gospel of Mary
vi. Gospel of Barnabas

there are many more which i can't list. Why accept some gospels and reject some?

And also, Catholic bible is different from Orthodox bible also different from Protestant bible. Why? Because it is corrupted and not all churches accept some verse...

Fallacies! Handiwork of enemies of the Bible, smh!

You are still playing the same game of DODGING.

Quote my questions and give your answers below them.
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by vedaxcool(m): 10:58am On Sep 08, 2014
eyeopener:

Hummm! How do all these quotes answer my questions? STILL DODGING!

Quote my questions and answer them appropriately. I'm suspecting none of you guys has the answers.

But if the Book is so distorted and allah could not find the original and had to introduce the quran, why did he still promise to grant the Jews and Christians heaven despite his anger and curses? (Surah 2:62).

It is the same allah who talk so good of the Christians he once cursed (Surah 5:82).

Why is allah contradicting himself?

Your question has been answered, whether you like the answer remains your headache.
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by vedaxcool(m): 11:03am On Sep 08, 2014
bYousouph: You don't even know the history of bible. If you do, you won't be asking such question.

i. Gospel of Thomas
ii. Gospel of Marcion
iii. Gospel of Besilides
iv. Gospel of Truth
v. Gospel of Mary
vi. Gospel of Barnabas

Chie!! This is knockout, any honest person would logout of NL and have deep reflection about his religion . . .

3 Likes

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by bYousouph(m): 11:06am On Sep 08, 2014
You are guilty of what you accused others of.

Your question has been answered and a question was asked but out of ignorance, you pretend not to see it...

Provide a reasonable answer to my question. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 11:07am On Sep 08, 2014
vedaxcool:

Your question has been answered, whether you like the answer remains your headache.

Why your inability to quote them if your post actually addressed them? Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 11:11am On Sep 08, 2014
bYousouph: You are guilty of what you accused others of.

Your question has been answered and a question was asked but out of ignorance, you pretend not to see it...

Provide a reasonable answer to my question. cheesy

No wonder you and others couldn't quote and answer them one by one. My friend, don't stay longer in deceit.
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 11:18am On Sep 08, 2014
Will Christians go to heaven?

Yes (Surah 2:62).

No (Surah 3:85).

CONFUSION!!!
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by bYousouph(m): 11:19am On Sep 08, 2014
eyeopener:

No wonder you and others couldn't quote and answer them one by one. My friend, don't stay longer in deceit.
Let's agree that i couldn't answer your question of which i did answer...

Now answer my own question...

2 Likes

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by vedaxcool(m): 11:29am On Sep 08, 2014
eyeopener:

Why your inability to quote them if your post actually addressed them? Keep deceiving yourself.

smiley it seems you know the answers to your questions, please what are they, you sound like a dissatisfied customer. Ask for a refund of your data plan.
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 11:39am On Sep 08, 2014

i. Gospel of Thomas
ii. Gospel of Marcion
iii. Gospel of Besilides
iv. Gospel of Truth
v. Gospel of Mary
vi. Gospel of Barnabas

Good, you have accepted you could not answer the questions, which means finding answers to them will liberate you.

Allah said it was not all who distorted the Scripture. It means those who did not distort the existing Scripture are on the right path. Then there is not need for the quran.

Coming to your question: Jesus Disciples are listed in Matthew 10, none of the writers you mentioned are there, except Thomas who was a doubter and that could have influenced his writing. It means their writings did not tally with those of the Disciples.

The Devil tried so hard to incorporate his own words into the Bible after Jesus had left. They would have included magic by De Lawrence, which they call the ''The Sixth and Seven Book of Moses'' were it not by God's intervention. The Bible we have today contains all we need to know God.
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by Rilwayne001: 11:46am On Sep 08, 2014
eyeopener:

Coming to your question: Jesus Disciples are listed in Matthew 10, none of the writers you mentioned are there. It means their writings did not tally with those of the Disciples.

The Devil tried so hard to incorporate his own words into the Bible after Jesus had left. They would have included magic by De Lawrence, which they call the ''The Sixth and Seven Book of Moses'' were it not by God's intervention. The Bible we have today contains all we need to know God.

Paul was among them right

4 Likes

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by Rilwayne001: 11:52am On Sep 08, 2014
@OP, Paul is the chief author of the NT, yet jesus never met him

Paul contradicted jesus in so many places, he lied about what was written in the OT. yet this *kafir* @OP said the Quran justify all those balderdash in the buybull.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
vedaxcool:

smiley it seems you know the answers to your questions, please what are they, you sound like a dissatisfied customer. Ask for a refund of your data plan.

You are always insincere. The person has owned up, smh!
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by vedaxcool(m): 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Paul was among them right

I hope his eye sight is failing him from seeing the above.

2 Likes

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by vedaxcool(m): 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
eyeopener:

You are always insincere. The person has owned up, smh!

smiley Try reading my post, pls let me check for the Nairaland customer care representative. There is a very dissatified customer prowling the Islam section.

1 Like

Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
Rilwayne001: @OP, Paul is the chief author of the NT, yet jesus never met him

Paul contradicted jesus in so many places, he lied about what was written in the OT. yet this *kafir* @OP said the Quran justify all those balderdash in the buybull.

I thought you too would attempt the questions.

Although Paul was not yet a disciple during Jesus time but we know of his calling.

Who Paul was is not a subject to be discussed under this thread. I'm looking forward to your answers to my questions quoting them one by one.
Re: Quran Justifies The Bible by eyeopener: 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
vedaxcool:

smiley Try reading my post, pls let me check for the Nairaland customer care representative. There is a very dissatified customer prowling the Islam section.

Deceived and deceiving. Smh!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Message From Saudi Arabia / Suratul Iklas The True Virtue Of God - Against The Biblical God / Mcdonald's Settles Islamic Diet Lawsuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.