Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo (19788 Views)

Debate: Messi V Raul - Who Is The Bigger Champions League Legend? / Messi V Ronaldo / Didier Drogba And Christiano Ronaldo Hot Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 28, 2014
Mcleo007:

Now, imagine/consider Ronaldo to have played for Stoke city or Everton in the EPL, and him playing now in the Liga with Deportivo LaCorona... this whole yap about Messi playing his entire career in one team is so stale and dumb, I wonder what runs through people's minds when they say that. sad Xavi and Iniesta have played their entire career in one club(won it all for club and country) and even the least football fan would consider them front runners for their generation, if not the very best midfielders of this age. Same with great players like Scholes and Maldini. Seedorf won the UCL with 3 teams, does that make him greater than Xavi who's won same number with one team, FCB?

Ronaldo is a great player, no doubt. Using the fact he scored and achieved a lot in England and threading similar path in Spain now doesn't edge him over Messi. Not a chance in hell. He played with great players who supported him at United and still enjoy same or even greater support now at Madrid. Your point can only be valid had he played for a Spurs/mid table club in the EPL and moved to a club like Getafe; enjoying individual brilliance and success while Messi remains at FCB all the while.
ok.... doh dats was my own point of view sha...
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by homesteady(m): 11:04am On Sep 28, 2014
sameer1212: second frm winnin d world cup after d group stage what did he do when dey needed hm more n by d way y did u say am sayn nonsens is dat supose to be intentional ?

lmao! but be honest with yourself, was what you said not nonsense? it seems you just started arguing about football!
Even the most die-hard fan of Cr7 won't bring up this stale line of Messi not performing for Argentina especially after this Worldcup!
BTW if I can remember clearly, he was the player of the tournament!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 28, 2014
homesteady:

lmao! but be honest with yourself, was what you said not nonsense? it seems you just started arguing about football!
Even the most die-hard fan of Cr7 won't bring up this stale line of Messi not performing for Argentina especially after this Worldcup!
BTW if I can remember clearly, he was the player of the tournament!
player of d tournament dat every one knows he dontr dezave it? infct many pundits,journalist, coaches accuses fifa for d a award wich has to force sep blater to come out publicly to defend fifa dat it hs noting to do with it. d award shld hv go to either james rodriguez, arjen roben, mascherano or sweienstager... i am nt sayn messi is nt a good footballer bt he is nt as complete as cr7. u too no dat if messi dare llives barca he wl strugle for d rest of his caree...

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by homesteady(m): 11:34am On Sep 28, 2014
sameer1212: player of d tournament dat every one knows he dontr dezave it? infct many pundits,journalist, coaches accuses fifa for d a award wich has to force sep blater to come out publicly to defend fifa dat it hs noting to do with it. d award shld hv go to either james rodriguez, arjen roben, mascherano or sweienstager... i am nt sayn messi is nt a good footballer bt he is nt as complete as cr7. u too no dat if messi dare llives barca he wl strugle for d rest of his caree...

Yea yea... and he had the best rating in most credible statistics sites?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Endyrock(m): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
CR7 simply d best

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by gift01: 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2014
sameer1212: player of d tournament dat every one knows he dontr dezave it? infct many pundits,journalist, coaches accuses fifa for d a award wich has to force sep blater to come out publicly to defend fifa dat it hs noting to do with it. d award shld hv go to either james rodriguez, arjen roben, mascherano or sweienstager... i am nt sayn messi is nt a good footballer bt he is nt as complete as cr7. u too no dat if messi dare llives barca he wl strugle for d rest of his caree...
I like your argument. Can you come for our radio show on Independence Day to rep Ronaldo and Real Madrid. Pls talke this invite seriously, am not joking. Thanks
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by habiolah(m): 5:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
and you people think ronaldo can play well in a team that is not all about power and pace counter attacking game? messi can fit into any team; he has d individual brilliance for counter attacking moves and can play well with teammates.
what does barca do for messi? they just give him the ball and he scores? how come he has more assists than some of the midfielders who are meant to assist him? charisma and swag, ronaldo has which sways many of his fans; pure football, messi rules ronaldo allday everyday.

if you want messi out of barca, suggest a better tram for him to go. if you were playing in barca, and the club still wants you, where you go go?
barca doesnt want to sell, no better team to go (the clubs which would have had the pedigree, and tradition strong enough to lure him would have been real madrid, man u, liverpool, AC milan and probably bayern) do you think he can realistically go to any of these until either he has a problem with barca or he looses form? chelsea, city etc are just building their profile: no matter how much they want to pay, he'll be very reluctant to go. especially if it is just to satisfy people he doesnt care about.
nuff said.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by habiolah(m): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
I wonder if there is anyone who will tell the best student at Harvard to go to another university just to prove to you that he is brilliant. Absurd!

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
gift01: I like your argument. Can you come for our radio show on Independence Day to rep Ronaldo and Real Madrid. Pls talke this invite seriously, am not joking. Thanks
lolz...am honour sir/ma.hope is here on nairaland?
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by gift01: 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
sameer1212: lolz...am honour sir/ma.hope is here on nairaland?
its a football radio show here in Lagos. Will be live on radio and you'd be facing a Liverpool fan
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
gift01: its a football radio show here in Lagos. Will be live on radio and you'd be facing a Liverpool fan
lagos? i base in abuja n i don't think i will be able to be in lagos. sorry for dat.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by gift01: 6:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
sameer1212: lagos? i base in abuja n i don't think i will be able to be in lagos. sorry for dat.
awww.... Its a pity; wish you could but its not possible. Thanks anyway
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
Bosville: Scoring tons of goals wouldn't earn you the world best player, if it is being done dat waY J.rodriguez could have won fifa's best player.....Messi was bullied by wellington cus he called im soN of a bitch/LovePeddler, If Ronaldo had been pushed dat way, I wonder what he would have done in return.....if nO be blow na kick.
if na ronaldo,him 4 fall down wellwell, make dem give penalty or freekick....but Cr7 has been push down hundreds of times and he has neva don that.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
homesteady: Matches it took for Cristiano Ronaldo to score 400-- 653!
It took Lionel Messi only 524 matches. that's like a difference of 124 matches or so!!! Nufff said.

Not to mention, he is only 27 and has alot more
assists.
this analysis is very WRONG ,!!! u don count CR7's machester days?....messi sticks in barca,ronaldo flourishes everywere he goes...
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by homesteady(m): 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
JESUSchoice: this analysis is very WRONG ,!!! u don count CR7's machester days?....messi sticks in barca,ronaldo flourishes everywere he goes...

lmao! I'm sure you are very surprised by this stats, that's why you don't believe gringrin
even his days at sporting Lisbon was added! its an all time stats, so it entails all their career goals!
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Bosville(m): 10:01am On Sep 30, 2014
JESUSchoice: if na ronaldo,him 4 fall down wellwell, make dem give penalty or freekick....but Cr7 has been push down hundreds of times and he has neva don that.
Lol....Nt d cr7 i knw O, mOst players turn to be aggresive wen they ain't getting their desired result. Bt Ronaldo has done more dan dat b4....u cn pRove me wrng
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by allthingsfitnez(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
ALLTHINGSFITNEZ GYM & WEIGHT-LOSS CENTRE
Are you tired of your bulging tummy, flat hips or overweight body? Do you want to build your biceps, triceps, abs (6packs), etc?
Here’s introducing ATF Gym and Weight-loss Centre – where results are guaranteed.
With a proven track record of delivering results (see our testimonials), Kaycee Nma is inviting you to have one free session of his training at our Gym, located at, No. 9, Asajon Street, Between Safeway Hospital & Mr. Biggs, Opposite Nero Waters, Sangotedo-Ajah, Lekki, Lagos.
Come, learn body-weight exercises you can do at home without equipment and still achieve a trimmed tummy, enhanced hips, weight loss, 6-pack abs, etc.
The training style here is unique and you have a money-back guarantee of undisputable results.
Call in between 7am - 8pm, Mon - Sat. for enquiries and book a free session with Kaycee.
Call 08164297612 or 08122713994 for further details and subscription. we also run online fitness training programs. So wherever u are, u can achieve ur fitness goals through our online training programs without physical contact.
See Kaycee’s instagram page: @meantrainer, for some videos of our training sessions.
Follow us on twitter: @meantrainer, @allthingsfitnez.
See our website: www.allthingsfitnez.com
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Flawlessangel(m): 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Lily4star:

Lemme state the difference between Messi and CR7

Messi is a born talent, born with the gift of football, the way some peeps re born with the gift of Art, singing and the rest.

But

CR7, is a hardworker, he worked his a..sse off to get to the top, and his hardwork really paid off for him.

All thesame I appreciate both of them, they re both great players.
wtf man....what do u mean by hardworker? So if i put in hardwork i cud play like ronaldo? If so , does that make him the hardest worker in football history? Since some peeps bliv messi 2 b d best of all time? Dude both ronaldo and messi are born wit pure talent....there's nothing like ronaldo doing extra hardwork to become as good as messi.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Baddestguyp(m): 8:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
14 goals.. 10 penalties.. 4 non penalties..
all hail Ronaldo grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Ograke(m): 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
Baddestguyp: 14 goals.. 10 penalties.. 4 non penalties..
Where were you when he scored 17 goals in UCL last season with 15 normal goals and just 2 penalty kicks?
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
Baddestguyp: 14 goals.. 10 penalties.. 4 non penalties..
score nah score, whether penalty or not!!...& though i am a CR7 fan, after watching BAR VS PSG, i will have to confirm that messi is a (little/slightly) more skilled than ronaldo....but ,dat doesn't mean am not still Cr7's fan sha,as a footballer i wud love to learn/copy messi dribling drills....it's fantastic!
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Baddestguyp(m): 10:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
JESUSchoice: score nah score, whether penalty or not!!...& though i am a CR7 fan, after watching BAR VS PSG, i will have to confirm that messi is a (little/slightly) more skilled than ronaldo....but ,dat doesn't mean am not still Cr7's fan sha,as a footballer i wud love to learn/copy messi dribling drills....it's fantastic!
but cr7 too dey dive nah. BTW, why were ludogurets fans chanting messi's name?
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Baddestguyp: but cr7 too dey dive nah. BTW, why were ludogurets fans chanting messi's name?
it ended ludogurets 1-2 real madrid, u didn't expect them to chant ronaldo's name when they wanted their team to win......they will only chant messi's name 2 discourage him.....if it was BAR VS LUD,they will probably be chanting CR7's name.........btw, rememba if u talk of messi ,u can't skip ronaldo....am glad i was born in their Ara.!
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mubarakopeyemi(m): 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
habiolah: I wonder if there is anyone who will tell the best student at Harvard to go to another university just to prove to you that he is brilliant. Absurd!
God Bless you
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by uchdollar111: 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
Messi is a football legend and god and Penaldo is not, Penaldo's fans deal with that.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mubarakopeyemi(m): 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2014
uchdollar111:
Messi is a football legend and god and Penaldo is not, Penaldo's fans deal with that.
His fans knows Messi is the king but they won't agree noni
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by worisj(m): 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2014
Baddestguyp:
but cr7 too dey dive nah. BTW, why were ludogurets fans chanting messi's name?
Lol your post reminds me of the world cup qualifiers Sweden vs Portugal when ronaldo scored the 1st goal d Sweden fans thought they could dis stabilize ronaldo by chanting messi messi well I believe you and I know the rest of the story btw did you see the way ibrahimoivic clapped for ronaldo after he scored the final goal

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nonso37(f): 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2016
I guess you guys don't know the meaning of prodigy bcs ronaldo was a football prodigy when snapped up by Manchester united...So ronaldo is very much of a pure talent too...am givin it to cr7 baby
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Frankaka8(m): 5:22am On Jul 19, 2016
Truth is, Messi is been compared to Pele and maradona, buh Nigerians and nairalanders keep using Messi is a Standard to cr7 success. No wonder we are70th in fifa ranking. Corruption and biased minds is taking its toll. Cr7 is older and stared football b4 Messi, yet Messi has surpassed him. Also Messi is still 29yrs, cr7 is 31yrs. 5balon d'or @ 28yrs? No football may achieve dat ever. Cr7 is wow, Messi is more gifted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Key Questions Around Messi's Future / Asisat Oshoala, Barcelona Players Celebrate Women's League Title Win (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.