Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Intellectual Exercise On Pride, Propaganda And Self-denial. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intellectual Exercise On Pride, Propaganda And Self-denial. (411 Views)

APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike / I Am From This State: The Latest APC Nairaland Propaganda And Lies / Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Intellectual Exercise On Pride, Propaganda And Self-denial. by Aksonman: 11:44am On Sep 08, 2014
Let me start by painting a scenario here, perhaps male Nairalanders married with children can relate to this.

*Armed robbers attack your household;as the man of the house,you push your wife and children aside and confront the robbers. You try your best, fought them with all you've got but alas,you're over powered. The robbers beat you into a state of coma, they may have even finished you off but for your wife and children pleading.*

Now, how would you want your family (wife & kids) to relay this incident to the outside world?

A. "Our house was attacked and overrun by robbers, they beat up my husband into a state of coma."

B. "If you see the way armed attacked our house and beat up our 'Daddy', you'll feel sorry for him-they nearly killed him,if not that we begged."

C. "Some fierce looking robbers attacked our house and my husband fought them bravely but was overpowered. I know that if my husband had a gun or someone else fighting by his side,he would have finished the robbers."

Now,let's relate answers A-C to our resposes as Nigerians to the war against Boko Haram.

As Nigerians,we are all members of the same household and the government through the army is 'our father' expected to fight for us as we face a common enemy-Boko Haram.

Now all the answers above are the TRUTH but each answer offers various perspectives that can either make or mar the reputation of the 'father figure' in this scenario.

From answers A to C let's give ourselves an intelletual assignment.

Which of these answers represent a neutral view, an opposition's view and a 'pro-government' view.

As a proud member of this household, which answer(s) will you most likely allign with?

Does 'self-denial' feature in any of this?

Let's see/hear/read your responses.

(1) (Reply)

Seun, #bringbackngwakwe / $9.3m Scandal: My Hands Are Clean - Oritsejafor Opens Up / Adamawa Politics: Fintiri Becomes Speaker Again Amid Impeachment Rumors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.