Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? (25771 Views)

Innoson Launches Cars For Low And Middle Class Nigerians / Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) / Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
HandOfChukwu: So you would prefer to drive Volkswagen which is a car company that was started by the Nazis during WW2? Or would you prefer to drive a Ford which was made a by a racist white man that funded the Nazis during WW2? Or maybe you want a Japanese car that is made by people that think being dark skinned is a disease and a sign of evil? MUMU

Maybe I will prefer to drive those cars you mentioned.

And maybe I will also prefer to drive INNOSON Cars.

So far the choice is mine.

And those people you mentioned doesn't go about town crying about their products, commercial and technological acumen. The quality speak for them.

Try to grow up. We aren't relieving the civil war time.
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by jasper7(m): 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Do you know that toyota and kia design their own cars?
Do you know that toyota and kia parts are not produced in china?
Do you know that toyota and kia don't just stamp their badges on someone else's cars?

Don't compare ingenuity and mediocrity.
If you don't celebrate the small steps, how do you ever want to leap? Or fly?
What is wrong with people? You'd rather we had no "made in Nigeria" cars at all, Than the little IVM is doing?
Don't despise the days of little beginning. Even Usain Bolt staggered when he took his first steps.
If his parents didn't celebrate him then. Do you think the world will be celebrating him today?

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
jasper7:
If you don't celebrate the small steps, how do you ever want to leap? Or fly?
What is wrong with people? You'd rather we had no "made in Nigeria" cars at all, Than the little IVM is doing?
Don't despise the days of little beginning. Even Usain Bolt staggered when he took his first steps.
If his parents didn't celebrate him then. Do you think the world will be celebrating him today?

There is no need to celebrate a lie.
If we must advance, we must tell ourselves the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by MrDoGood(m): 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
we like cheap things.
if the cars are far less in price, they will out smash toyota and d rest.

see tecno phones as an example.

though they don't make it here in 9ja,

most people call it chinko (less quality) but it's one of the

highest brand in nigeria right now.

what samsung S5 can do(125k)

tecno H7 (26k) will do d same.

like wise toyota to innoson
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by jasper7(m): 7:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

There is no need to celebrate a lie.
If we must advance, we must tell ourselves the truth.
So... what exactly is the truth here? If I may ask. Maybe am missing a point

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by BotherMleeper(m): 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
Such doltish question. You seriously think a semi literate assembler of prefabricated chinese cars totally devoid of innovation running in some backwater can take on a multinational conglomerate that holds many patents and actually design and build their own cars and systems, a company worth billions of dollars with some of the world's best automotive engineers?

Egad!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by despeakableme: 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
Innoson can compete when they stop being greedy. Who wants to buy a Made In Nigeria car almost at the same price they bought a Toyota? If he doesn't regulate his price, no one will buy it. Me go pay 75% import duty for ma Hilux instead wey I go pay d same price for an Innoson pickup.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
kingphemy: It definite can! But if only we don't tribalize it.

How will I, a Yoruba man foremost before a Nigerian, feel when am driving such cars and our brothers tell me "they" make the car am driving? Am gonna dump it no matter how good it is.

And you are wearing Aba made shirts? U have to start going naked first

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by immortalcrown(m): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
DStarrx: Instagram was also created yesterday (in 2010) and today it's the rave of the moment with more than 150 million active users. Being "invented" yesterday is not a reason to lay back and watch others dominate the market.
Wrong comparison is the major problem with your quote. Don't compare the demand of vehicle with that of instagram(social media).

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by chibecanglobal(m): 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
FotherMucker: Such doltish question. You seriously think a semi literate assembler of prefabricated chinese cars totally devoid of innovation running in some backwater can take on a multinational conglomerate that holds many patents and actually design and build their own cars and systems, a company worth billions of dollars with some of the world's best automotive engineers?

Egad!
Do you read at all?

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by tigonana: 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
undecided undecided undecidedwho knows na only God knw.
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by immortalcrown(m): 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
Zoharariel: As for me & my household, we will not risk our lives using our hard earn money to buy what will kill us. My BMW X5 is doing just fine but I do have 3 questions to ask.

Question 1: Y did Innoson choose to partner with the Chinese[of all people] instead of the Germans, Russians or even the enemies of progress[Americans] in the manufacturing of its auto line?

Question 2: Since the Igbos are known mainly for trading in substandard goods & products, Is it not also possible that these Innoson Vehicles are also built from sub-standard materials just to maximize profits?

Question 3: Has Innoson Vehicles been made to undergo series of tests by any Government Automotive Regulatory Body e.g [Consumer Products Safety Commission] to ascertain its durability, performance & safety measures, If yes, can we verify the documents here on Nairaland?

Note: Pls don't bash me oooo, na only question I ask. Don't even quote me if you don't have reasonable answers to my questions.
I won't blame you because even in the Holy Bible, people questioned whether something good can come from Nazarath.
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by immortalcrown(m): 9:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
Zoharariel: As for me & my household, we will not risk our lives using our hard earn money to buy what will kill us. My BMW X5 is doing just fine but I do have 3 questions to ask.

Question 1: Y did Innoson choose to partner with the Chinese[of all people] instead of the Germans, Russians or even the enemies of progress[Americans] in the manufacturing of its auto line?

Question 2: Since the Igbos are known mainly for trading in substandard goods & products, Is it not also possible that these Innoson Vehicles are also built from sub-standard materials just to maximize profits?

Question 3: Has Innoson Vehicles been made to undergo series of tests by any Government Automotive Regulatory Body e.g [Consumer Products Safety Commission] to ascertain its durability, performance & safety measures, If yes, can we verify the documents here on Nairaland?

Note: Pls don't bash me oooo, na only question I ask. Don't even quote me if you don't have reasonable answers to my questions.
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by seemore(m): 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
Innoson didn't start business yesterday, he knows all about advertising even more than you. The thing is that their production rate is still less than the demand because they do a lot of things manually for now. When he starts having many unsold units, you will start seeing his adverts. Chill with the advice on him to advertise.
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by BotherMleeper(m): 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
chibecanglobal: Do you read at all?

er, no. the whole thing was tl;dr

but im not sorry i touched an igbo nerve or two. that was the point.
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Do you know that toyota and kia design their own cars?
Do you know that toyota and kia parts are not produced in china?
Do you know that toyota and kia don't just stamp their badges on someone else's cars?

Don't compare ingenuity and mediocrity.

What you call mediocrity was the starting point for Kia in 1944 when they started. They started by making bicycle parts. Today they are killing Toyota and Honda who have been in the scene longer than they have been.

It is the likes of you that will always condemn anything coming from Nigeria, yet you will never make your own contribution.

3 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 10:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
@alfa szeltzer just busted the whole Innoson propaganda.

Why didn't they rebadge a VW product like Skoda or Seat did?? I would buy that kind of Innoson.
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
kendrick93: i dnt know abt competing with kia..etc cos those companiez are world renowned but in here in nigeria,if patronized, then it definitely should do well..
but tribalism is still d biggest problem it faces.. a yoruba or hausa man wont lyk to patronize innoson due to lyk i said tribalism and also in sum cases envy
Bullsh*t, a yoruba man or Hausa man won't like to patronize Innoson because there are far better options available.

I want the best for my effort, not a rebadged Chinese brand.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by 2n2k(m): 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
I actually thought that Alfascletzer photoshopped the pictures but I just google the company now - GAC Zhejiang Gonow Auto Co. and behold, G5 is 100% that Chinese company's product even the same name.

But why should innoson claim what he is not? Being called a vehicle assembler is enough achievement. Why claim he designed and manufacture vehicles that are imported in semi-knocked down (skd) stage not even completely knocked down (ckd) parts.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by HAH: 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
For those who don't know you can go to china and get exactly the same cars called innoson with different name and you too can buy it in mass and may be name it BOLANLE or KAMORU.

I respect innosons ingenuity by having an automobile assembly plant in Nigeria and employ many, we expect other Nigeria to also do same

4 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Curiouscity(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
Nigerians with their cynicism and pessimism!! Even if Innoson is assembling exact cars as found in China, he is employing Nigerians and not just importing like most other millionaires are doing. We are shouting gov't should provide jobs for everyone when we don't want to support anything Nigerian. Not even moral support!! 60% of components of the gadgets we buy from the western world is made in China, India, Indonesia etc, yet we rejoice because we buy 'made in USA' goods. Almost 85% of the textiles in USA, UK, Canada is made for them in China, but sometimes carry the US, UK, Canadian company label. Their citizens know it, yet patronize them 100% because they put money back in their country. We don't buy anything made in Nigeria except a foreign company based in Nigeria and having foreign staff.

How will we grow? Where will the jobs come from? Must everything be tribalized or politicized?

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
ba7man: @alfa szeltzer just busted the whole Innoson propaganda.

Why didn't they rebadge a VW product like Skoda or Seat did?? I would buy that kind of Innoson.
alfaseltzer is talking arrant rubbish.

INNOSON manufactures vehicles in Nigeria. Yes or No? YES. In the motor industry, 'assembly' is the exact same thing as 'manufacturing'. There is NO differentiation. Car manufacturing plants across the world are known as ''car assembly plants''. The number of vehicles INNOSON produces per annum will be included in Nigeria's annual vehicle manufacturing output. INNOSON's capacity is 10,000 vehicles per annum as at today. Nigeria is hoping to churn out a minimum 250,000 vehicles per annum by 2020, and companies like INNOSON Motors Nig Ltd. are worthy, bonafide pioneers of that lofty objective.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
Bad news for car importers and enemies of progress. Make una post una lies dey go. It doesn't stop Nigerians from buying. Una noise no go pass Nairaland! cheesy
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 09, 2014
mickyarams:

You know you are a silly doughnut, typical black man with a crab mentality. How many cars has your father produced??
Do you know that some models of Skoda and Volkswagen run on Audi engine, the new Mini run on BMW engine, cars like Dacia run on Renault engine, opel, Vauxhall and Chevrolet all run on GM motors engine.
That was a sucker punch

3 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 09, 2014
2n2k: I actually thought that Alfascletzer photoshopped the pictures but I just google the company now - GAC Zhejiang Gonow Auto Co. and behold, G5 is 100% that Chinese company's product even the same name.

But why should innoson claim what he is not? Being called a vehicle assembler is enough achievement. Why claim he designed and manufacture vehicles that are imported in semi-knocked down (skd) stage not even completely knocked down (ckd) parts.

GAC Gonow Auto Company of China and Xiamen Golden Dragon Bus Co. Ltd of China have both signed Completely Knocked Down (CKD) agreement with Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company( IVM) Limited to increase capacity for the production of Buses; SUVs models and set up a training center in Nigeria - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/nigeria-auto-policy-attracting-attention-auto-makers-nac-dg/#sthash.njey0pGA.dpuf

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/nigeria-auto-policy-attracting-attention-auto-makers-nac-dg/

[size=28pt]Continue lying to yourself![/size] grin
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by 2n2k(m): 12:39am On Sep 09, 2014
^^^^ that was early 2014 news. How was innoson 'manufacturing' the vehicles before the agreement?

And don't get it twisted. In my post you quoted, I acknowledged that innoson being an assembly plant alone is a big achievement but in an interview he granted to newspapers sometimes ago, he actually claimed that he designed and manufactured the body of the vehicle while he only imported the engine "from where others like Toyota, Mercedes get their own" (his words). That is definitely incorrect.

If he designs, make prototype and patent a vehicle, even if the parts come from Mars or Pluto and is assembled inside the White House in Washington, the brand is Innosson of Nigeria but if he assembles GAC Auto brand and just re-badge it, he cannot honestly claim to have 'manufactured' such.

In a thread before nairaland crashed, somebody actually asked what is the difference between Innoson and other franchise holders/assemblers in nigeria like PAN, Anamco, Steyr, etc.? I was one of those who ignorantly shouted him down because I actually believed innoson 'manufactures' then.
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 09, 2014
With all sincerity, I doubt! They don't even have a testing facilities for their vehicles. Indeed, I doubt the originality of Innoson indigenous manufacturing capacity.

Buy made-in-Nigeria products to help the nation infant industry to grow!
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by redsun(m): 2:12am On Sep 09, 2014
It will be the duties all sane Nigerians to see that it excels over foreign companies. It is not just it monetary values,but ventures like that marks the true beginning of Blackman's emancipation, his coming of age to the machine and vehicular age. An age that he can create and make ways where there are no ways.
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by HuJJC(m): 2:15am On Sep 09, 2014
Advert is good, but ''good market dey sell imsef". IVM should concentrate on quality now rather than adverts, because they would likely face bigger challenges when these popular car companies started coming to Nigeria. They should start building SHOWROOMS across Nigeria, no matter how small the showroom is. IVM has come to stay in Nigeria, it will eventually be a household name, whether we like it or not. IVM has been on Nigeria roads for a while without issues. Expect more and more Chinese Car companies as there are hundreds of Chinese car companies if not more ready to invest in Africa. It will create more job opportunities for Nigerians and also create competition among car companies. Nigerians would have choices of brand new cars at cheapest prices, when all these companies start rolling out cars massively. There would also be car loan system tracked/backed by the National Identification Number(Mastercard)/NIMC to be able to deduct funds from your Bank account for your car loan. It could go for 5-7yrs to pay off little by little. Moreso, good rail transportation system should also be put in place to all corners of Nigeria to ease movement and traffic congestions on our roads. These car companies would struggle to attract people to buy and use cars in Nigeria instead of using rail system, it is up to individual choices. Build more roads ... Build a monitored computerized toll gate system to get funds to maintain roads and also privatize the roads in Nigeria. Tell me why Nigeria would not be the greatest country in this world? Let's buy made in Nigeria products only.

God bless IVM motors!! You set the trend and others will follow. Assembled in Nigeria or Made in Nigeria ( It is all IN NIGERIA FOR NIGERIANS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_JACOr6yDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DIrt8nqm8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukk42wLeVpI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZPurDaWLVw
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by HuJJC(m): 2:46am On Sep 09, 2014
Curiouscity: Nigerians with their cynicism and pessimism!! Even if Innoson is assembling exact cars as found in China, he is employing Nigerians and not just importing like most other millionaires are doing. We are shouting gov't should provide jobs for everyone when we don't want to support anything Nigerian. Not even moral support!! 60% of components of the gadgets we buy from the western world is made in China, India, Indonesia etc, yet we rejoice because we buy 'made in USA' goods. Almost 85% of the textiles in USA, UK, Canada is made for them in China, but sometimes carry the US, UK, Canadian company label. Their citizens know it, yet patronize them 100% because they put money back in their country. We don't buy anything made in Nigeria except a foreign company based in Nigeria and having foreign staff.

How will we grow? Where will the jobs come from? Must everything be tribalized or politicized?

GOD BLESS YOU MAN!

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by HuJJC(m): 2:49am On Sep 09, 2014
redsun: It will be the duties all sane Nigerians to see that it excels over foreign companies. It is not just it monetary values,but ventures like that marks the true beginning of Blackman's emancipation, his coming of age to the machine and vehicular age. An age that he can create and make ways where there are no ways.

God bless you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ferrari's Newly Unveiled £3m FXX-K Evo Hypercar Is Like A Fighter Jet On Wheels / How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway / Check Out The 36-inch Hubless Motorbike With A 300hp Rolls-Royce Aircraft Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.