Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Inside Innoson Auto Factory - Car Talk (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Inside Innoson Auto Factory (63602 Views)

Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) / Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) / Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi Nigeria – World’s 1st Black Owned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
Okijajuju1:

If KIA Motors opens an assembly plant in Nigeria and starts assembling KIA cars here, would it be okay to buy those cars as 'Made In Nigeria Cars'?

you dont even know if the other Chinese guy is also getting his input from same source as Innoson yet you are posting pics of his product because he is a foreigner .
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Okijajuju1(m): 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
aguiyi:
you dont even know if the other Chinese guy is also getting his input from same source as Innoson yet you are posting pics of his product because he is a foreigner .

Again... Lets not play with each others intelligence..

Below are the Pictures of Two cars;

The IVMG5 and the (Old Model) Gonow Asoooed G5..

NOTE:: Gonow already has the latest version of this same car out and on sale as we speak.. Meanwhile in Nigeria, its Innosons latest model. grin So there is no disputing who manufactured the car or rather who owned it first.. grin

ALSO... Notice that Gonow calls theirs - G5
Innoson calls their IVM - G5

I have highlighted the similarities..

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
this 2 pics are from toyota.

manual work is also done there and just like Innoson, they do not display on their website their component manufacturing process .

there is soooo much herd mentality in Nigerian youths.

my first comment on this thread is probably what led to this yapping so many people have taken like a career.

it is laughable

3 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
those of you talking about PPE can also see that it depends on the section were you are working as can be seen in the pics above.

the toyota guys are wearing casual cloths in 1 and uniform in the other.

no eye goggle, no safety shoes or coverall, no helmet and the likes so save the exhibition of ignorance for another day
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Okijajuju1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
aguiyi:

you don't know the terms of his business agreement with his Chinese partners so save the over sabi you have been displaying on this thread or you believe a Chinese firm will allow another firm to take their products and stamp a different name on it.

to even think that its an Igbo man that is in the forefront of running down another igboman business is shameful.

biko , werey wayor

[b]Stating facts is running his business down? grin

Nwokem chiikax with that tribalism bullshiit.. This is the auto section, I don't play that way here.

I don't believe a Chinese firm would allow another company take its product and stamp another name on it, I know that a Chinese company would allow another company sell its product under a different brand name under certain contractually binding agreements.. After all, they are in for the money.. It's not a new marketing strategy.. Range Rover sells it's Discovery brand in the US under the tag 'LR'.. Anybody who is vast in Contract laws especially MOU's, Mergers and acquisitions contract would be able to give you some structure of what that agreement would look like.

This is business.. If a Gonow G5 parks next to a IVM G5, you will see that they are both the same cars.. If a person will purchase a Gonow G5, they might as well purchase the IVM G5.

Chillax hommie.. This has nothing to do with Igbo or Yoruba.. Dangote is bagging Long grain rice and selling in Nigeria when we all know that we don't cultivate long grain rice here (I am not too certain about Nigeria cultivating long grain rice). Saying it does not mean you are running down his business just stating the facts.

Finally.. Do well to stick to the topic and stop trying to drag sentiments into this.. The guy who drives an IVM G5 in my estate is a Yoruba man. grin

[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Okijajuju1(m): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
aguiyi: this 2 pics are from toyota.

manual work is also done there and just like Innoson, they do not display on their website their component manufacturing process let .

there is soooo much herd mentality in Nigerian youths.

my first comment on this thread is probably what led to this yapping so many people have taken like a career.

it is laughable

Please stop... You are really not helping your course..

Can you see that the cars in the Toyota garage are not at a height!?

Anybody who has done any HSE course knows that PPE varies depending on the job.. IVM pics showed workers working on a vehicle that was elevated high above their head and they didn't have any PPE on and you bring a picture showing workers working Inside the vehicle on the ground to compare.

Those lifts are hydraulic or compressed air powered.. All it takes for an accident to happen it for that pressure to dissipate and voila..

These pictures are from Mazda, Toyota and Honda assembly lines.. See the PPE they wear to working under an elevated vehicle? In the IVM plant, we even had a mechanic inside an elevated vehicle working without PPE. .

[img]http://www.shiotsu-autotrade.jp/blogpics/toyota_assemly_line.jpg[/img]

[img]http://gigaom2.files./2008/06/honda-hydrogen.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-b06zh80yAGY/Td-nQPAkGVI/AAAAAAAEdZk/gbHlazo19cA/s1600/Mazda3-Assembly-Line-Japan-1.JPG[/img]
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
I see a lot of vituperations here.
There is nothing wrong with assembling knocked down parts made in China, after all most of every thing you use even your cars have good percentage of the parts made in China. Even your iPhone and Ipad are made in China.

What is missing here is that most of us do not realise that China was able to beat the west in production by reversing automated processes to manual, and simplifying previously complex works. I think the question we should be asking ourselves is can we copy Chinese and Indian manual and modular engineering approach.

They make things that are previously impossible very much affordable. A few years ago I requested for a quote for a production line for another product from a Japanese firm, they included Robotic arms and all what not at a bill of almost N600million. This year I saw an Indian man producing the same things, and requested a quote from a Chinese firm for a very manual production line, I got less the N50 million. And I can assure your that automation does not mean quality assurance, it simply means more production capacity.

Innoson is not producing car parts yet, but soon someone will invest to supply them with car rugs, another headlamps, and one day even their new car design might be done at UNIZIK, so one step at a time. He is doing things we should have done in the seventies, but we were busy doing FESTAC and now we must do them. . . . "starting at the beginning"

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
tonychristopher: WHY IS BLACKMAN LIKE THIS, WHY DO WE DO THIS TO OURSELVES, WHY DO WE NOT APPRECIATE GOOD THINGS, JUST BECAUSE ITS FROM BLACKS, THEY MAKE SHOES, THEY SAY ITS IGBO MADE, THEY MADE BOMBS THEY CALL IT OGBUNIGWE BUT THEY WONT ASK HOW, THE SAME IGBO IS MAKING CARS NOW THEY ARE TALKING ...I WONDER WHY ARE WE BLACKS LIKE THIS, TO BE HONEST IGBOS ARE GIFTED THIS IS NOT TALKING OR BRANDING THEM, THEY HAVE PROVED IT OVER AND OVER RIGHT FROM IZUOGU MOTORS TO THE KID ROCKET SCIENTIST IN IMO THEN INNOSON, OVIM. NOT THAT OTHER TRIBES ARE NOT BUT WHAT I THINK IS THAT THEY LACK THE ABILITY TO THINK AND LOOK INWARD ALL THEY DO IS TRY TO TUN IGBO DOWN

PLEASE GO TO THE HISTORY OF TOYOTA AND HONDA EVEN SUZUKI, ONE WAS A FIRM PRODUCING SEWING MACHINES, SUZUKI WAS COUPLING SMALL GENERATORS ETC..NOW WHERE ARE THEY.....

NOW LET ME TELL YOU PUNDITS THAT IN CAR MANUFACTURING OR MODERN DAY ENGINERRING NO COMPANY MANUFACTURES ANYTHING..WHAT THEY DO IS DESIGN THEN OUTSOURCE MANUFACTURING OF THE PARTS TO FIRMS, THEN THEY COUPLE. NO CAR FIRM HAS FOUNDRY TO START SMELTING METALS AND PLASTICS, LEAVE THAT TO FOUNDRIES FOCUS ON ENGINEERING

BENZ OUTSOURCE ELECTRIC PARTS TO BOSCH, ENGINE TO AMG
ROVER OUTSORCE TO HONDA
RENAULT OUTSOURCE THE PRODUCTION OF THEIR ENGINES AND BODY PARTS TO NISSAN
CITERON TO PEOGEOUT

BOEING ENGINE COMPONENTS ARE MANUFACTURED IN JAPAN
AIRBUS HAS ROLLS ROYCE ENGINE

I JUST DONT KNOW WHY WE HAVE ILLITERATES HERE

THATS ONE IGBO MAN I RESPECT SO MUCH...INNOSSON RIDE ON

Running a workshop environment without putting safety first is not 'good things' my dear friend. I work in an industry where a lack of safety standards means a sure death for someone so i know the importance. As one person pointed out, if they cannot put enough emphasis on their own safety, how much do you think they will place on that of the car?

That's the beauty of learning from another person's experience. Innoson does not have to go through what the likes of Toyota et al went through before he can have a standardized workplace in 30 plus years. He can learn from them and have it now!!

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by amanikondo: 9:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
hazekctravels: Always get ur facts right .

This is China plant. Always get ur facts right .
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by zozayi(m): 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
aguiyi: good for a beginner ,even though i dont see manufacturing but coupling going on, i still believe its better for our economy.i dont even see any manufacturing equipment let alone in idle state but then Rome was not built in a day.

am however worried that this guys are doing this coupling manually , i hope SON and the guys at Nigerian institute of safety professionals are allowed to make inputs into this process.

Do you expect to see a machine moulding tyre or a reboot fixing brake pad. In manufacturing, you do your design and source for parts and components. Different parts may be built by different companies. Your phone and computers are examples. Check the components, they are made by different companies.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by tochstorm(m): 11:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
Where are those hydraulic hand thingy that assemble the stuffs.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
kablooee: This is indeed sad, my workshop is more equipped than this, all I see is just vehicle lift, I was looking to see a simple CNC machine. Innoson is indeed just another good pane beater putting parts together.

I av always maintained dt innoson is a farce,....
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by osystein(m): 12:15am On Sep 11, 2014
hmmm, some interesting info on the thread, I still see this as a start. No doubt that Innoson will soon be a full fledged car manufacture..
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by phazotron(m): 12:22am On Sep 11, 2014
kablooee: This is indeed sad, my workshop is more equipped than this, all I see is just vehicle lift, I was looking to see a simple CNC machine. Innoson is indeed just another good pane beater putting parts together.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by wacuc0: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2014
Okijajuju1:

So is it okay for us to call those motorcycles that are imported in bits and pieces from China, assembled in Nigeria with a new name 'Made in Nigeria' motorcycles?!

If I go and buy a Samsung Television from China, bring it into Nigeria, pluck off the Label and replace it with OKIJA TV logo, does that now make the T.V Made by Okija Juju?!
That is not your product. A product is person's original concept put into production not minding who have contributed in making it.

grin

STop arguing this matter my guy.. You cant win this. grin
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 11, 2014
saxywale:
na u sabi, You would be alive to witness the beautiful days when your daughters would be getting married to Yoruba boys and you won't be able to do anything about it. God has His way of dealing with peeps like you the same way he punished my neighbor, Mr Okoli,. grin
lOl nice talk , I loved igbo people from time , but my stay in nysc camp made me realize what they tink about yorubas, damn igbo people fit lynch all yorubas aswear
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 11, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

In your dreams. Why would her daughters want to get betraying genes in their offsprings.
its nt a matter of dream, just fold ur arms and 20yrs is arnd d corner
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 11, 2014
tobybasten: Why do we involve tribal sentiments in evrything I fear o. This man is doing a great job there n nnewi. Reasoning above religious or ethnic boundaries is the major problem disturbing everywhere
guy u need to stay with igbo people, I started hating dem right from inside d bus taking us to nysc camp in oyo state , damn....u won't wnt to witness wt I witnessed baba
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 11, 2014
cocoduck:
bros why u dey waste ur time dey explain to dis people na, most of dem no go school, how would he knw any about project or designs ...
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 11, 2014
aguiyi: those of you talking about PPE can also see that it depends on the section were you are working as can be seen in the pics above.

the toyota guys are wearing casual cloths in 1 and uniform in the other.

no eye goggle, no safety shoes or coverall, no helmet and the likes so save the exhibition of ignorance for another day

God bless you
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 11, 2014
adedeji65: bros why u dey waste ur time dey explain to dis people na, most of dem no go school, how would he knw any about project or designs ...

And what have u produced with ur design?

3 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by ak47mann(m): 10:21am On Sep 11, 2014
thwarrior72: No he isn't igbo, Thesame with the other guy from igbo rejected tribe from PH
no wonder cool
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 11, 2014
Evergreen123:

And what have u produced with ur design?
wasn't talking to u bros ,.....and if u wish to knw I designed a potable water treatment plant nd its operation for a 2MGD water demand......don't look down on someone u dnt knw sir !!!! #okbye#
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 11, 2014
Evergreen123:
where is the plant located? how many of them are available?
illiterate.
Yorubas are the most unproductive people in nigeria
ibo boy continue , tot ur reasonable, tot I could converse with u...... *arrogant bastards*

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 11, 2014
adedeji65: ibo boy continue , tot ur reasonable, tot I could converse with u...... *arrogant bastards*

incompetent bastards

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by tobybasten(m): 10:44am On Sep 11, 2014
adedeji65: guy u need to stay with igbo people, I started hating dem right from inside d bus taking us to nysc camp in oyo state , damn....u won't wnt to witness wt I witnessed baba
lol.... I can understand. M serving in nnewi anambra state. Sometimes their nature amazes me, still ii think integration is key to a greater 9ja.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by tblacker(m): 10:46am On Sep 11, 2014
jealousy go die.............innoson carry go
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by tblacker(m): 10:50am On Sep 11, 2014
yes becos u ryoruba abi

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Dubai Billionaire’s 15 Year Old Son Gets A N95m Louis Vuitton Ferrari (photos) / The Russian-Made 8 Wheels Shaman All-Terrain Vehicle: The Biggest SUV Ever / Policeman Scratched A Man's Lamborghini In Lagos Traffic (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.