Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,644 members, 7,955,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery (12955 Views)

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by MaziOmenuko: 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
This doctrine gives me reason for concern in Christendom today.

I see nothing wrong with the doctrine...

Romans 11.29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2014
Eruditor:

Jesus went to Hell, but not to suffer. He went there to collect the keys of Hell and of Death from the one who had it- the devil. He also set free men of God in the OT who could not yet go to heaven because Jesus had not died and resurrected.

Jesus went to hell as the son of man (not as the son of God). Son of man means he was man's representative to God.

As per sin and what it can do to a Christian, it can affect his relationship with God (from the angle of sin-consciousness). It can make demons disobey you. It can cause sicknesses and diseases to fasten themselves to you. It could lead to death BUT it cannot change a man's righteousness in God because God gave that as an unmerited gift- free of charge on accepting Jesus Christ as lord.

In other words, you can live like the devil after you've accepted Jesus Christ as Lord. undecided
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

I see nothing wrong with the doctrine...

Can you continue to minister to God after getting off the bed of an adulterer? You may be able minister to men after that sin but no doubt you will not be able to minister to God until you repent.
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by MaziOmenuko: 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Can you continue to minister to God after getting off the bed of an adulterer? You may be able minister to men after that sin but no doubt you will not be able to minister to God until you repent.

I used the bible to back up my points. Stop trying to understand Christianity thru ur logical reasoning. Isn't that what you accuse atheist of? Spiritual things needs spiritual maturity to understand; once again...

Btw, just so we're clear, I'm not discussing any person or pastor here. I only stopped by b'cos of the wrong assertion you were trying to make. Don't use any case of any pastor to reply me, else I'll leave your thread for you cheesy
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:29pm On Sep 09, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

I used the bible to back up my points. Stop trying to understand Christianity thru ur logical reasoning. Isn't that what you accuse atheist of? Spiritual things needs spiritual maturity to understand; once again...

Btw, just so we're clear, I'm not discussing any person or pastor here. I only stopped by b'cos of the wrong assertion you were trying to make. Don't use any case of any pastor to reply me, else I'll leave your thread for you cheesy

If you want to know the meaning of that verse you quoted and how it applies to this thread I'll tell you. It means God can fire a person and at the same time leave him to continue in his employment (without pay). Is that clear?
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by MaziOmenuko: 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If you want to know the meaning of that verse you quoted and how it applies to this thread I'll tell you. It mean God can fire a person and at the same time leave him to continue in his employment. Is that clear?

Nope, I don't want to know the meaning, I already know the meaning. It wasn't a proverb, it was written simple and apt; and doesn't need any other false interpretation.

Once again....

Romans > 11.29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Stop adding or removing; isn't that what the bible thought you
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by 4C2215131: 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
Eruditor:

Jesus went to Hell, but not to suffer. He went there to collect the keys of Hell and of Death from the one who had it- the devil. He also set free men of God in the OT who could not yet go to heaven because Jesus had not died and resurrected.

Jesus went to hell as the son of man (not as the son of God). Son of man means he was man's representative to God.

As per sin and what it can do to a Christian, it can affect his relationship with God (from the angle of sin-consciousness). It can make demons disobey you. It can cause sicknesses and diseases to fasten themselves to you. It could lead to death BUT it cannot change a man's righteousness in God because God gave that as an unmerited gift- free of charge on accepting Jesus Christ as lord.

Are you implying a "born again sinner" is in right standing with God and can make heaven on his/her passing on? Kinda hard to swallow me think.
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Eruditor: 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
In other words, you can live like the devil after you've accepted Jesus Christ as Lord. undecided

Why would I receive a new life from Christ and then accept the base life of sin that I was born in and not getting blessed by?
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Eruditor: 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
4C2215131:

Are you implying a "born again sinner" is in right standing with God and can make heaven on his/her passing on? Kinda hard to swallow me think.

There's is nothing like Born Again sinner. You are either a sinner or you are born again.

The question is who is a sinner and who is born again?
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

Nope, I don't want to know the meaning, I already know the meaning. It wasn't a proverb, it was written simple and apt; and doesn't need any other false interpretation.

Once again....

Romans > 11.29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Stop adding or removing; isn't that what the bible thought you

The more reason why we should not follow so called "men of God" because you don't know whether they've been fired even though they still got the gift to keep working.
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by 4C2215131: 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
Eruditor:

There's is nothing like Born Again sinner. You are either a sinner or you are born again.

The question is who is a sinner and who is born again?

It's still a question I'm posing to you. I coined the term couretesy of your re-joinder. Will a born again thief or fornicator who per chance died via a car accident while returning from the bank where he went to lodge money 'stolen' from his firm the day before be welcome at St.Peter's gate? Note, he ministered in church the night before with signs and wonders accompanying the service.

1 Like

Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Eruditor: 6:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
4C2215131:
It's still a question I'm posing to you. I coined the term couretesy of your re-joinder. Will a born again thief or fornicator who per chance died via a car accident while returning from the bank where he went to lodge money 'stolen' from his firm the day before be welcome at St.Peter's gate? Note, he ministered in church the night before with signs and wonders accompanying the service.

If a sinner (an Armed Robber) gets shot during a crossfire with the Police and before he dies he asks all his loot to be sent to an orphanage where will he go to?
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by 4C2215131: 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Eruditor:

If a sinner (an Armed Robber) gets shot during a crossfire with the Police and before he dies he asks all his loot to be sent to an orphanage where will he go to?

Good! Now you talking like a liberal. I rest my case.
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Joagbaje(m): 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
Are you now denying that you said sins committed in the body does not affect your right standing with God?

That's a broad language . I won't assume you understand what "right standing with God " is. So don't entrap me.

My position on sin has been . That Christ has given us dominion over sin, and if a christian sin. He has christ as advocate. There's grace for forgiveness.

Concerning right standing . We are talking about the nature of righteousness . There's no sin committed in the body that can change a christian from having the nature of righteousness . There are consequences of continuing in sin, sin can rob a man of graces in God. The evil that comes through sin is not from God . It's from the enemy and accuser. Who can use christian sins as point if contact to afflict them.

So if you wanna quote me . Quote me right.

1 Like

Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Joagbaje(m): 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

It is what you teach about the "New Creation" that is heretical. The fact that you teach that sins committed does not affect your right standing with God, is what is heretical. I have seen the damage that this doctrine of yours has made in the marriages of those close to me. So, I know what I'm talking about.

Dont be a hypocrite Don't you commit sin. You've COMMITED enough on this forum cool. For self righteous people like you . The only thing you see as sin is sex. But the gossip you do is holy gossip .

1 Like

Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Eruditor: 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
4C2215131:
Good! Now you talking like a liberal. I rest my case.

I am not sure we are saying the same things.
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by PastorKun(m): 8:18pm On Sep 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Does that imply that you also take sides with this heretical doctrine?

Sharrap we all know when it comes to matters of the belly, you and joagbaje agree on the heretical doctrine of tithes. Ole barawo buruku angry
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Gombs(m): 9:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
Joagbaje:

That's a broad language . I won't assume you understand what "right standing with God " is. So don't entrap me.

My position on sin has been . That Christ has given us dominion over sin, and if a christian sin. He has christ as advocate. There's grace for forgiveness.

Concerning right standing . We are talking about the nature of righteousness . There's no sin committed in the body that can change a christian from having the nature of righteousness . There are consequences of continuing in sin, sin can rob a man of graces in God. The evil that comes through sin is not from God . It's from the enemy and accuser. Who can use christian sins as point if contact to afflict them.

Gan!
Very apt response
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Gombs(m): 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
Eruditor:

I am not sure we are saying the same things.

grin
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Gombs(m): 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The more reason why we should not follow so called "men of God" because you don't know whether they've been fired even though they still got the gift to keep working.

I'm stunned! Has someone hacked ola's account?
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Joagbaje:

Is that because you now see yourself as a god?
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
Joagbaje:

Dont be a hypocrite Don't you commit sin. You've COMMITED enough on this forum cool. For self righteous people like you . The only thing you see as sin is sex. But the gossip you do is holy gossip .

You might as well say that Paul was gossipping when he said the following:

"It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that has done this deed might be taken away from among you. For I verily, as absent in the body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that has so done this deed" (1 Cor.5:1-3).

You can see how immorality can defile the church and instead of you to show remorse you are here boasting that it's no big deal. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
PastorKun:

Sharrap we all know when it comes to matters of the belly, you and joagbaje agree on the heretical doctrine of tithes. Ole barawo buruku angry

We know that you are fixated on tithes. There's more to life that tithes and offerings, giving your life to Christ comes top. smiley
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

I'm stunned! Has someone hacked ola's account?

When I said fired I meant to be sacked by God. God sacked Adam when he ate of the forbidden fruit but was allowed to continue living until he eventually expired.
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Joagbaje(m): 12:06am On Sep 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You might as well say that Paul was gossipping when he said the following:

Paul had every right to rebuke in churches in his domain under his jurisdiction . How can that be gossip. Your own talks are gossip .
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Joagbaje(m): 12:10am On Sep 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
You can see how immorality can defile the church

Every sin defile . Gossip , mummuring, hate, bitterness etc . All are in the same boat. Why cherry picking ?

and instead of you to show remorse you are here boasting that it's no big deal. undecided

Show remorse for what na? Did I commit a sin?
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31am On Sep 10, 2014
Joagbaje:

Paul had every right to rebuke in churches in his domain under his jurisdiction . How can that be gossip. Your own talks are gossip .

If Paul had kept it within the confines of his jurisdiction how come the whole world knows about it? It also follows that if you had kept your doctrine within the confines of your church we will not be here rebuking you of heresy. Christians have the right to judge and discern false prophets by their fruits.
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34am On Sep 10, 2014
Joagbaje:

Every sin defile . Gossip , mummuring, hate, bitterness etc . All are in the same boat. Why cherry picking ?

Show remorse for what na? Did I commit a sin?

It is not gossip to me it is personal because some of my loved ones have been hurt as a result of your heresies.
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Gombs(m): 4:08am On Sep 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

It is not gossip to me it is personal because some of my loved ones have been hurt as a result of your heresies.

So now the whole thread thing is personal? Tell me how would this change situations of your loved ones?

And bro, it's gossiping, no matter how you sugar coat it
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Joagbaje(m): 5:11am On Sep 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If Paul had kept it within the confines of his jurisdiction how come the whole world knows about it? It also follows that if you had kept your doctrine within the confines of your church we will not be here rebuking you of heresy. Christians have the right to judge and discern false prophets by their fruits.

It takes grace for you to take correction. It's obvious you realised the truth I'm passing across but little pride is hindering your acceptance . Hence this your deliberate twisting which is not making sense.

Paul wrote letter to churches under him as their pastor . That is not gossip at all .

Olaadegbu gossip of churches and ministers is busybody .and being judgemental of other men servant .

If you want to judge . You can judge doctrine and deed by the word . But you are judging individual with biase and false accusation .

And this hypocrisy is only to other churches . Who evil things are said and exposed about deeper life church thst you attend you don't apply the same principle .

I'm never in a position to condemn ministers but we should judge righteous judgement . You choose to believe lies not the word
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Joagbaje(m): 5:28am On Sep 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You don't get personal with the word. Have people and family not been hurt by your church doctrine . Is your doctrine 100% correct? Why dont you make gbeborun news out of them .

If a loved one of yours hot hurt why would you think it's the new creation message thsts the issue . Could it be that they misunderstood what they heard?

Jesus was misquoted , paul was misquoted and misunderstood in their days and labelled as false . Some have misunderstood paul yo their destruction , does thst make paul doctrine as false?. You should deal with specifics and not general blanket if you're a spiritual person . This gbeborun gossip thing is a weakness in your life that you need to deal with . It's carnal . But you think it's holiness. One sided holiness for thst matter becsuse you don't apply it to the maggot in your church .

My advice to you is to deal with topic and not personalities . I shouldn't kumuyi is a false teacher because he said handshake with opposite sex is wrong. I should rather say " is handshake with opposite sex wrong ? Then let's discuss biblically . It shouldn't be about kumuyi or deeper life. Personality attack may be sweet because it gives you the feeling of " we are better' but it's carnal and unspiritual
Re: 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery by Gombs(m): 6:21am On Sep 10, 2014
[quote author=Joagbaje]

It takes grace for you to take correction. It's obvious you realised the truth I'm passing acros but little pride is hindering your acceptance . Hence this your deliberate twisting which is not making sense.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that

Paul wrote letter to churches under him as their pastor . That is not gossip at all .

Ola, is it gossip?

Olaadegbu gossip of churches and ministers is busybody .and being judgemental of other men servant .

I'm sure daddy Kumuiyi won't do what ola did...overly busybody and judgemental

If you want to judge . You can judge doctrine and deed by the word . But you are judging individual with biase and false accusation .

He is on the "I said it" bandwagon

And this hypocrisy is only to other churches . Who evil things are said and exposed about deeper life church thst you attend you don't apply the same principle .

Gbam

I'm never in a positionto condemn ministers but we should judge righteous judgement . You choose to believe lies not the word

I can't find myself in such, the Coza saga, the KICC own, Yung gi Cho, even deeper life GO son's wedding debacle, I did not for one day followed the media nor judged any...I prayed. Sadly, a lot of Christians see these as "thier wahala".... an attack on the church no matter the denomination is an attack on the body of Christ. But ola of all people decided to join the media spread lies

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Human Clones Have Souls? / 101 Contradictions In The Bible / Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.