Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) (7775 Views)

His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / My Neighbour And His Fiancee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
Y
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
Mondisweets:
Where u are tied somewhere and the acid is the only thing u can reach at throw at me to stop me from attacking you again, maybe... In a case where you are free and u can also use your hands to slap be back or tie me down, without exceeding reasonable limits (to stop or prevent the attack)no!

Before you can use self-defence u have to prove that it was the only remedy u had or it was the only action a reasonable person in shoes would have taken too

In the scenario u gave me, u will have to consider the following from the victim and the attacker;
-Personalities
-Experience
-Surrounding circumstances
-Could the victim easily evade the attack before it took place?
-Was this happening for the first time or not?
-What else could had triggered the perpetrator to attack the victim or vice versa?

Honestly if you are in law school I will suggest you change profession,I don't see you winning any cases lai lai
We just read the definition of self defense in black and white and you are still arguing from emotions
The law doesn't consider emotions
It works by a strict set of statutes and I believe it should be simply enough for anyone
You read that and you still don't understand it?
I don't know what else to say to you

If you walked up and slapped or punched me and I picked up a stick or bottle or bottle of acid or pulled out a gun and shot you because I feared further attack from you,I am defending myself.
We just watched the case of Trevon Martin tried before us and the killer is walking free as we speak
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
shymexx:

Nah, currently, he has been cut, with $10 million at stake and a lot of bonuses. And also suspended indefinitely by the NFL. Apparently, that the $4million he was meant to make this season, out of the window. Coupled with the fact that he's a running back, and at age 27 for RBs, he has only 3-4 years left in his NFL lifespan. Most RBs don't last longer than age 30-31.

The lady in question also got married to him after the incident, so she basically knows better than the rest of us judging based on a video that only showed one side of the story. We're all humans and we all make mistakes...and you and I aren't about mistakes. From what I saw in that video, his emotions got the best of him, and he doesn't look like a serial woman beater, especially once you analyse how he restrained himself when the lady smacked him in public view. Not a lot of guys can allow that to happen, especially young male millionaires with massive egos.

this guy is not losing millions because she eventually got married to him (she clearly is stupid for doing so) but knocking her out and dragging her out of the elevator while she is unconscious. Stop involving sentiments.

1.) He could have shown some form of remorse after she passed out but he didn't that clearly proves an intent to cause serious harm, dragging her out of the elevator just made it worse.

2.) He knew that if he acts contrary to his contract (committing a criminal offence) there will be consequences. Why act outside the law and expect the law you broke to protect you?

3.) The Ravens have to protect their good name, they cannot diminish their reputation all in the name of giving one random player, who like you said probably has 3 or 4yrs left, a second chance.

4.) if his millions meant so much to him he should have thought out his actions. He had several other options that a reasonable person in his shoes could have taken with exceeding the limits of merely defending himself, apart from knocking out a person and dragging her unconsciously.

If he had done the same thing to another man trust me he was still going to face the same consequences.

2 Likes

Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
Mondisweets:
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
Self defence in action

RANKIN COUNTY, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
The Rankin County District Attorney says it's a classic case of the Castle Doctrine at work. A man, originally charged with murder, has been freed after a Rankin County grand jury failed to indict him last Friday.

Richard Lewis, 52, admitted he shot 46-year-old Christopher Eugene Hankins to death. Lewis told investigators last February his former roommate broke down the door trying to get in his dwelling in the 1400 block of Old Lake Road.

When Judge Kent McDaniel heard the facts in the case, he reduced the charge from murder to manslaughter. But Lewis was freed last Friday when a Rankin County grand jury bought his argument that he acted in self-defense, and failed to indict him.

"The Castle Doctrine says there is no duty to leave, so he didn't have to leave the house, and also in a case like this one, the individual who is shot is the one who made illegal entry, into a residence, which we clearly have in this case, if the fear of great bodily harm is presumed to be reasonable," said Rankin County District Attorney Michael Guest.

Guest also explained that you must be in danger of bodily harm or protecting someone from bodily harm to invoke the Castle Doctrine.

"The individual using deadly force must be in fear of imminent danger, to his or herself, or someone who is present. Deadly forced cannot be used just to defend property. If someone is just stealing something, you can't use deadly force," said Guest.

Copyright 2012 WLBT. All rights reserved.
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
olubukato: .
bukato shocked
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
Mondisweets: bukato shocked

grin grin
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
coogar:
that luxury of choice has been taken away from him. no other football club would sign him in the US.....what's the point staying there & being the object of ridicule. someone might even decide to press charges against him for hitting a woman.....

she married his multi-million dollar contract. if he was a handyman, there's no way she woulda married him after getting socked & dragged out like a bag of rice.

in few years, she would leave him & hop on the newest kid on the block with the fattest contract. he needs a change of scene - he could join hollywood as well. grin cheesy

Anyway, I think the NFLPA should be able to fight for him discreetly (not in public because of these rampaging feminists who control public opinions these day), to get a deal that would re-instate him back. But might have to sit out this year, and lose $4 million for a fatal left hook. grin

Drag like a sack of rice by Ray Rice - that right is a name that matches an action. But I don't think he wanted to drag her, he obviously couldn't lift her up - and that's quite telling from the way he staggered after trying to lift her the first time. Ol'girl looks like a heavy size-12 looking lady, with a heavy load on her backside. grin Hollywood is hiring - the shorter version of The Rock. I think he's just 5'8/5'9 - not the tallest guy out there.
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by coogar: 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
Rexsugar1234:
Are you a sugar boy that needs some love and care from sugar

mummy? are you good in bed and ready to have fun ? do you need a

rich sugar daddy and single hot ladies ?

you mean to tell me there are single men out there who would readily sleep with the women you displayed? christ!!!

if ebola had facial features, one of these women would look like it. grin

shymexx:
Anyway, I think the NFLPA should be able to fight for him discreetly (not in public because of these rampaging feminists who control public opinions these day), to get a deal that would re-instate him back. But might have to sit out this year, and lose $4 million for a fatal left hook. grin

her threshold of pain must be in the decimals. the guy didn't really put any heft in the arm he swung. it looked like a slap to me rather than a punch. the way she went down like a shot doll shocked me.

nah, i doubt any club would be willing to touch him now with a pole. he's done - he's bad market unless they have a version of the PFA we have here down there who can fight his case behind the curtain & that sef is a stretch!

Drag like a sack of rice by Ray Rice - that right is a name that matches an action. But I don't think he wanted to drag her, he obviously couldn't lift her up - and that's quite telling from the way he staggered after trying to lift her the first time. Ol'girl looks like a heavy size-12 looking lady, with a heavy load on her backside. grin Hollywood is hiring - the shorter version of The Rock. I think he's just 5'8/5'9 - not the tallest guy out there.

i wonder what her family thinks of the video. they would be making a call to ask why she kept it quiet. at the same time, she might not have remembered this incident even took place at all.
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
Babymama1:

Honestly if you are in law school I will suggest you change profession,I don't see you winning any cases lai lai
We just read the definition of self defense in black and white and you are still arguing from emotions
The law doesn't consider emotions
It works by a strict set of statutes and I believe it should be simply enough for anyone
You read that and you still don't understand it?
I don't know what else to say to you

If you walked up and slapped or punched me and I picked up a stick or bottle or bottle of acid or pulled out a gun and shot you because I feared further attack from you,I am defending myself.
We just watched the case of Trevon Martin tried before us and the killer is walking free as we speak
You know what stupidi.ty is best ignored. How is considering aggravating circumstances and mitigating factors involving emotions? You clearly know nothing but u simply want to argue blindly! Go educate yourself a little more on the factors US law considers in determining a criminal case, start off with the Spelucean Explorers case. I will leave you to your rumbling.
Its really not my fault if u have qualifications that are not better than a JD smiley

5 Likes

Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
Rexsugar1234: Are you a sugar boy that needs some love and care from sugar

mummy? are you good in bed and ready to have fun ? do you need a

rich sugar daddy and single hot ladies ?

Contact Admin Rex on

Email address : sugarmummy020@gmail.com

phone number : 07088481271 or 09035403975

for a nice hook up of your choice
God forgive u grin
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
olubukato:

grin grin

how u dey? U have been so quiet
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Mondisweets:
You know what stupidi.ty is best ignored. How is considering aggravating circumstances and mitigating factors involving emotions? You clearly know nothing but u simply want to argue blindly! Go educate yourself a little more on the factors US law considers in determining a criminal case, start off with the Spelucean Explorers case. I will leave you to your rumbling.
Its really not my fault if u have qualifications that are not better than a JD smiley

So you are actually a lawyer shocked shocked shocked
Arguing like a houston community college associate degree in legal studies graduate
Lord have serious mercy

2 Likes

Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
Mondisweets:
this guy is not losing millions because she eventually got married to him (she clearly is stupid for doing so) but knocking her out and dragging her out of the elevator while she is unconscious. Stop involving sentiments.

1.) He could have shown some form of remorse after she passed out but he didn't that clearly proves an intent to cause serious harm, dragging her out of the elevator just made it worse.

2.) He knew that if he acts contrary to his contract (committing a criminal offence) there will be consequences. Why act outside the law and expect the law you broke to protect you?

3.) The Ravens have to protect their good name, they cannot diminish their reputation all in the name of giving one random player, who like you said probably has 3 or 4yrs left, a second chance.

4.) if his millions meant so much to him he should have thought out his actions. He had several other options that a reasonable person in his shoes could have taken with exceeding the limits of merely defending himself, apart from knocking out a person and dragging her unconsciously.

If he had done the same thing to another man trust me he was still going to face the same consequences.

This is now turning into a circular argument on your part.

1). He did apologise after the incident, and did a press conference, with the same lady by his side. She stood by her man.

2). He's human and when it comes to certain incidents involving a subconscious reaction that happens within milliseconds - consequences are the last thing on your mind. The crux of the matter is that: he isn't a serial abuser, and he was attacked before he retaliated. Yes, it's cowardly and unacceptable to hit a woman - however, cases have to be judged based in the context in which they happened. This is an isolated case, and the severity of the punishment meted out to him is unacceptable.

3). What good name doesn't a profit-oriented have to protect, apart from not pissing off the women in its fan-base? Isn't that the same team, that Ray Lewis, an accused murderer played - and also a team with a few convicted felons? Moreover, 3-4 years is a very long time, in terms of earning wages to secure your future, in the NFL. And you can't just deny him that just because of an isolated case.

If he had done the same to another guy, everyone would've saluted him for knocking the attacker's punk ar.se out. You can't hit someone first, and expect the person to walk-away. The guy isn't just some weirdo/mangina from the suburbs...he's a thorough-bred.

1 Like

Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by cococandy(f): 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
I'm of the opinion that women should keep their hands to themselves at all times during a misunderstanding.
They both got what they deserved.
She tasted near death
He's tasting near career loss.
Both got served.

1 Like

Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
coogar:
you mean to tell me there are single men out there who would readily sleep with the women you displayed? christ!!!

if ebola had facial features, one of these women would look like it. grin

her threshold of pain must be in the decimals. the guy didn't really put any heft in the arm he swung. it looked like a slap to me rather than a punch. the way she went down like a shot doll shocked me.

nah, i doubt any club would be willing to touch him now with a pole. he's done - he's bad market unless they have a version of the PFA we have here down there who can fight his case behind the curtain & that sef is a stretch!

i wonder what her family thinks of the video. they would be making a call to ask why she kept it quiet. at the same time, she might not have remembered this incident even took place at all.

I believe she was intoxicated before the incident. But regardless, that was one hell of a left hook - it looks Mayweather-eqsue especially the one that dropped Ricky Hatton in 2007. I actually feel sorry for her, but she should have known better.

He still has 3-4 more productive years left in him, based on the lifespan of RBs in the NFL. And save for last season that he performed woefully, he's definitely one of the top-10 RBs in the NFL. A lot of convicted felons have been given a second chance in NFL, and the onus is now on the NFLPA to cut a deal with NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell, to get him back in the league. Perhaps, before mid-season. A few teams should need his services. They can't just destroy his life like that...the guy is a good guy.

Honestly, I hate when women get battered by men. But sometimes, when it's a provoked incident, you just can't defend that. Men are also victims of domestic violence, and tons of people's lives have been missed up because of women. These days, you can just get in a verbal argument with a chic - and she makes a phonecall to the feds telling them all kinds of lies. And next thing you know, feds are in your house arresting you with cuffs, for domestic violence without any evidence whatsoever. With that on the rise, with laws being more favourable to women, it's impossible to defend these folks.

1 Like

Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by coogar: 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
shymexx:
I believe she was intoxicated before the incident. But regardless, that was one hell of a left hook - it looks Mayweather-eqsue especially the one that dropped Ricky Hatton in 2007. I actually feel sorry for her, but she should have known better.

she had to be intoxicated - the way she went down easily is not normal at all.

He still has 3-4 more productive years left in him, based on the lifespan of RBs in the NFL. And save for last season that he performed woefully, he's definitely one of the top-10 RBs in the NFL. A lot of convicted felons have been given a second chance in NFL, and the onus is now on the NFLPA to cut a deal with NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell, to get him back in the league. Perhaps, before mid-season. A few teams should need his services. They can't just destroy his life like that...the guy is a good guy.

it seems you follow NFL like crazy - i can't stand the game - it's meaningless so i never paid attention to the players.

Honestly, I hate when women get battered by men. But sometimes, when it's a provoked incident, you just can't defend that. Men are also victims of domestic violence, and tons of people's lives have been missed up because of women. These days, you can just get in a verbal argument with a chic - and she makes a phonecall to the feds telling them all kinds of lies. And next thing you know, feds are in your house arresting you with cuffs, for domestic violence without any evidence whatsoever. With that on the rise, with laws being more favourable to women, it's impossible to defend these folks.

she hit him first so she deserved the consequence of her actions. he was also stüpid for letting things degenerate to that level - even more stüpid for hitting a woman in an elevator in the full glare of a camera.

i hope he's saved enough for the rainy days. his chances of getting back into professional football is slimmer than the skin of my teeth. he should start considering a change - acting, circus shows, dee-jaying or battlerap. grin

2 Likes

Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
shymexx:

This is now turning into a circular argument on your part.

1). He did apologise after the incident, and did a press conference, with the same lady by his side. She stood by her man.

2). He's human and when it comes to certain incidents involving a subconscious reaction that happens within milliseconds - consequences are the last thing on your mind. The crux of the matter is that: he isn't a serial abuser, and he was attacked before he retaliated. Yes, it's cowardly and unacceptable to hit a woman - however, cases have to be judged based in the context in which they happened. This is an isolated case, and the severity of the punishment meted out to him is unacceptable.

3). What good name doesn't a profit-oriented have to protect, apart from not pissing off the women in its fan-base? Isn't that the same team, that Ray Lewis, an accused murderer played - and also a team with a few convicted felons? Moreover, 3-4 years is a very long time, in terms of earning wages to secure your future, in the NFL. And you can't just deny him that just because of an isolated case.

If he had done the same to another guy, everyone would've saluted him for knocking the attacker's punk ar.se out. You can't hit someone first, and expect the person to walk-away. The guy isn't just some weirdo/mangina from the suburbs...he's a thorough-bred.
Pacta sunt Servanda- a contracting party is bound to a contract he willing enters into. if one of the reasons of termination or suspension in that sports contract is "commiting a criminal offence" then u have to honour that contract by making sure u dont commit any criminal offence.

Ravens is not concerned with whether he apologised or he was forgiven. Fact remains, he committed a breach of contract by committing a criminal offence and for that reason he suffered the consequences.

Shymex i understand where you are coming from, but the Ravens cannot swipe it under the mat especially when the incident has gone this viral. If they did not take action they would have committed a breach of contract too.

If u ever own a sports team in the future trust me the first thing u will do is protect your interests over those of someone who willingly goes around contravening the law and the terms of a contract he signed to.

1 Like

Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by raumdeuter: 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
If I meet a physically stronger celebrity, I would simply send my gf to slap him

If he retaliates, We sue and his career is done.

If he doesnt we make funny meme's of him and sell to TMZ

2 Likes

Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by kobonaire(m): 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
raumdeuter: If I meet a physically stronger celebrity, I would simply send my gf to slap him

If he retaliates, We sue and his career is done.

If he doesnt we make funny meme's of him and sell to TMZ
grin grin grin
A pïmp and his gold-digger
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
I once heard someone say: "if you beat a woman your a beast, also if you stand and allow a woman slap and beat you, then your a fool and if eventually you choose to runaway from such situation, then your a coward". Not saying am an advocate of hitting women but some women just don't know when to stop nagging. Usually guys that are naturally hot-tempered would simply react by hitting the babe. Maybe mr nfl is a temperamental dude.
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 10, 2014
Mondisweets: Pacta sunt Servanda- a contracting party is bound to a contract he willing enters into. if one of the reasons of termination or suspension in that sports contract is "commiting a criminal offence" then u have to honour that contract by making sure u dont commit any criminal offence.

Ravens is not concerned with whether he apologised or he was forgiven. Fact remains, he committed a breach of contract by committing a criminal offence and for that reason he suffered the consequences.

Shymex i understand where you are coming from, but the Ravens cannot swipe it under the mat especially when the incident has gone this viral. If they did not take action they would have committed a breach of contract too.

If u ever own a sports team in the future trust me the first thing u will do is protect your interests over those of someone who willingly goes around contravening the law and the terms of a contract he signed to.

I believe the termination of his contract with the Ravens had more to do public opinions, especially in today's western world, where feminist/PETA/LGBT groups have hijacked everything with moaning, and playing the blame game. And trust me, when these folks come at you, you can't win against them. There are tons of players with worse criminal offences, and all they ever get is suspension.

It seems you're not a NFL head, and you've not been following this whole incident, from the get-go. When it first happened, the Ravens backed him, and he did a press conference with the victim, by his side. And the league suspended him for two games. However, there was outcry from women right groups and press, hence the hasty reaction, when the video came out. In a just world, they should've let the sleeping dog lie, and let the guy move on with his life. He made a terrible mistake, apologised, and got suspended for two games - time to move on. But trust folks to always try to destroy people over mistakes that make us all human. He's human, not a a robot.

If I were to own a sports team in America (not the UK because women can cry all they want out here, no one is terminating any damn contract - the highest they'll do is trade him) - I definitely won't be swayed by MSM and feminist opinions - they're inconsequential and they can all go fvck themselves with a garden fork, for all I care.
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 4:14am On Sep 10, 2014
coogar:
she had to be intoxicated - the way she went down easily is not normal at all.

it seems you follow NFL like crazy - i can't stand the game - it's meaningless so i never paid attention to the players.

she hit him first so she deserved the consequence of her actions. he was also stüpid for letting things degenerate to that level - even more stüpid for hitting a woman in an elevator in the full glare of a camera.

i hope he's saved enough for the rainy days. his chances of getting back into professional football is slimmer than the skin of my teeth. he should start considering a change - acting, circus shows, dee-jaying or battlerap. grin

Don't ever underestimate the damage the left-hook can cause. Ricky Hatton took one from Mayweather, and he went to sleep. grin Coupled with the fact that this guy is a RBs, the most brutal position in the NFL - and you've to be extremely strong, to be able to play that position. Hence they always have the shortest career-span in the NFL, due to all kinds of hits.

Yes, NFL is like my second most favourite sport...after football. Then Basketball and Tennis. It's an interesting sport, and sometimes, I'd rather watch NFL than watch certain/a-lot-of football teams.

Lmao @ dee-jayin' and battle rap. I think he has a degree...so he should be able to hit the job market, if he isn't re-instated. However, that will be difficult for someone who's used to the millionaire lifestyle and celebrity status. Definitely one of the toughest transition to make. He might have to travel to Africa for the motherland cleansing, like Dave Chapelle, and start all over again. With the same chic taking to her heels, when the status is gone lol.
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 4:26am On Sep 10, 2014
Just saw this on ESPN:

Ray Rice's wife defends him

"I woke up this morning feeling like I had a horrible nightmare, feeling like I'm mourning the death of my closest friend," she wrote in an Instagram post. "But to have to accept the fact that it's reality is a nightmare itself. No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted [opinions] from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret everyday is a horrible thing.

"To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass off for all his life just to gain ratings is horrific. THIS IS OUR LIFE! What don't you all get. If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you've succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is! Ravensnation we love you!"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11493042/janay-rice-defends-ray-rice-criticizes-media-instagram-post

^^^I absolutely love this woman -she's standing by her man, and won't let the media and feminists destroy him. That's a real woman right there. One that's ready to accept her mistake, and forgive her man for his mistake. The quintessential black woman, and what a real woman should be.

3 Likes

Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 10, 2014
shymexx:

I believe the termination of his contract with the Ravens had more to do public opinions, especially in today's western world, where feminist/PETA/LGBT groups have hijacked everything with moaning, and playing the blame game. And trust me, when these folks come at you, you can't win against them. There are tons of players with worse criminal offences, and all they ever get is suspension.
pacta sunt servanda has since the roman times where there was no feminism. Right now u seem to be the one playing the blame game and not feminists.
Ray Rice willingly entered into that contracted no one begged him to breach his contract. Ravens cannot lose out because of him.

It seems you're not a NFL head, and you've not been following this whole incident, from the get-go. When it first happened, the Ravens backed him, and he did a press conference with the victim, by his side. And the league suspended him for two games. However, there was outcry from women right groups and press, hence the hasty reaction, when the video came out. In a just world, they should've let the sleeping dog lie, and let the guy move on with his life. He made a terrible mistake, apologised, and got suspended for two games - time to move on. But trust folks to always try to destroy people over mistakes that make us all human. He's human, not a a robot.

I hardly watch american football. Rugby is the real deal not a bunch of little girls skipping around the field with sissy pads grin i watch people engage in real contact cool

And the nice thing about rugby players they show their talent on the field not buttheading and sucker punching their women. They are not cowards hence they dont need any protective pads when they are on the field cheesy

If I were to own a sports team in America (not the UK because women can cry all they want out here, no one is terminating any damn contract - the highest they'll do is trade him) - I definitely won't be swayed by MSM and feminist opinions - they're inconsequential and they can all go fvck themselves with a garden fork, for all I care.
listen you cant go against a contract you signed and blame it on someone else who didnt help u commit a crime. He knew from the day he signed his contract the consequences for breach of a contract.
Keep blaming feminists for all u like, that will not stopped him from being boot out.
Show us the feminists that made him breach his contract or simply stop spilling your arguments that are simply based on your emotions and logic all over your thread.

2 Likes

Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by coogar: 9:43am On Sep 10, 2014
shymexx:
Don't ever underestimate the damage the left-hook can cause. Ricky Hatton took one from Mayweather, and he went to sleep. grin Coupled with the fact that this guy is a RBs, the most brutal position in the NFL - and you've to be extremely strong, to be able to play that position. Hence they always have the shortest career-span in the NFL, due to all kinds of hits.

the dude was unlucky to have done that in the full glare of the camera. she spat in his face before he threw the hook. many men would have acted the same when spat on.

Yes, NFL is like my second most favourite sport...after football. Then Basketball and Tennis. It's an interesting sport, and sometimes, I'd rather watch NFL than watch certain/a-lot-of football teams.

i don't understand jack - i just see grown men wearing what seems like long-johns grabbing each other's bütts and running around. the game makes no sense to me.

Lmao @ dee-jayin' and battle rap. I think he has a degree...so he should be able to hit the job market, if he isn't re-instated. However, that will be difficult for someone who's used to the millionaire lifestyle and celebrity status. Definitely one of the toughest transition to make. He might have to travel to Africa for the motherland cleansing, like Dave Chapelle, and start all over again. With the same chic taking to her heels, when the status is gone lol.

this one seems to be a stayer - she's staying strong for him, she's asked america not to watch the video....and she released this statement.....

"I woke up this morning feeling like I had a horrible nightmare, feeling like I'm mourning the death of my closest friend.....But to have to accept the fact that it's reality is a nightmare in itself.

No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted options from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret every day is a horrible thing. To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his aśs off for all his life just to gain ratings is horrific.

THIS IS OUR LIFE! What don't you all get. If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you've succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is! Ravensnation we love you!
"
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by cococandy(f): 9:50am On Sep 10, 2014
Matters arising.
grin grin
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
@topic

She shouldn't have put her hands on him and like whoopi Goldberg would say..."if you hit anybody, They have a right to hit you back"

1 Like

Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by blank(f): 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
jennykadry: @topic

She shouldn't have put her hands on him and like whoopi Goldberg would say..."if you hit anybody, They have a right to hit you back"

But he hit her first.
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
blank:

But he hit her first.

Did he? Didn't she put her hands on him before they got in the elevator and after they got in the elevator? Maybe I am watching the wrong video
Re: NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) by coogar: 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
jennykadry: @topic

hitting him is even tolerable, spitting on him was what brought about the punch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Lady That Has Cohabited With Another Man? / Just His Will / Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.