Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement (20804 Views)

Lagos On Lockdown As Many Engage In "Last Minute Rush Buys For Xmas" - Photos / Dangote All Smiles Over His $600 Million Dangote Cement Plant In Ethiopia (photo / Tiger Brands To Increase Stake In Dangote Flour To 70% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Funbii(m): 10:27am On Sep 09, 2014
how can I delete this post
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by holluwai(m): 10:28am On Sep 09, 2014
Get money or get money.... Choose one! wink

1 Like

Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Shehucom(m): 10:29am On Sep 09, 2014
And his brother is owing just 5billlion...
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by zonax(m): 10:29am On Sep 09, 2014
Any major player knows that the economy of Africa is waxing even stronger and will soon take over
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by holluwai(m): 10:29am On Sep 09, 2014
Funbii: how can I delete this post

Why do you want to?
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Funbii(m): 10:31am On Sep 09, 2014
holluwai:

Why do you want to?
you don't want to know
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Dreyl(m): 10:33am On Sep 09, 2014
Cool..
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by holluwai(m): 10:34am On Sep 09, 2014
Ha! Do share....

Funbii:
you don't want to know
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by gatiano(m): 10:35am On Sep 09, 2014
that is not a good news. yes, that situation will provide little space for employment, 10 to 100 people, slaving morning and day and night. and 1.4% of the profits goes to dubai, that builds their economy and also provides employment for their people more than it will for nigerians. why can't the banks give credit or loans to any nigerian with a good idea? why most they give peoples' savings to a few? that at the end of the day won't refund. to me, it is not a good move, Ogbeni Dangote, the God of Dangote group of companies, sir be very careful of the vultures and swines. there are a lot of nigerians with great and wonderful ideas trained and breed in nigeria. help them to help you. nigerians fight the banks, the churches collecting loads of tithes should give loans too without interests.

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Neldrizzy(m): 10:40am On Sep 09, 2014
Abeg NL get "LIKE" cheat Cus i don't undastnd wen somebody will comment 'hmmmm' and he/she would get upto 10 or 15 LIKES

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 09, 2014
Good development, but the funds will taken back to their country.

Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2014
What a focused and shrew businessman.Always seeing the future from present.

After creating a cement conglomerate, still investing heavily into agriculture because the future of the economy is in agriculture.

To know more read my articles on 3 reasons why the next Dangote will be from the agribusiness industry.
nairaland.com/1792387/3-reasons-why-next-dangote
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by ojmaroni247(m): 10:54am On Sep 09, 2014
Dangote using heads of foriegners since 1980"s,he builds a company for 10billion naira and claims its 50billion,gets investors money nd builds anoda yet dosent sell up to 20percent of de first to investors in oda to hav full control of de company,wise aboki man. 48billion for 1.4 percent shares jst for de cement section alone,badest guy eva liveth.
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by AfroBlue(m): 10:55am On Sep 09, 2014
Good strategic business move, airport runways need mega tons of cement.

Dubai pushes ahead on world's biggest airport plan

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Dubai's ruler has endorsed a $32 billion expansion plan for the city's second airport that aims to make it the world's biggest, the emirate's airport operator said Monday in the latest sign that the Middle East's brash commercial hub is determined to move on from its 2009 financial crisis.

The approval sets in motion a vast building project that will boost capacity exponentially at the airport known as Al Maktoum International at Dubai World Central. Backers envision it will eventually handle more than 200 million passengers per year.

The first phase of the expansion alone aims to build enough runway and terminal space to handle 120 million passengers a year and 100 mammoth Airbus A380 double-decker jets at any given time.

The world's busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, handled 94.4 million people last year.

Paul Griffiths, chief executive of state-backed airport operator Dubai Airports, said he aims to have the first phase of the expansion complete in six to eight years. That part of the project includes adding two new runways and two large concourses housing dozens of aircraft gates each.

"It's a very aggressive time scale ... but I think that we have a track record here of doing remarkable things in a remarkably challenging time frame," Griffiths said in his office at the city's main airport, Dubai International.

FILE - In this Thursday, July 1, 2010 file photo, Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum Prime Ministe …

As later phases are completed, the new airport will eventually boast five parallel runways spaced far enough apart so they can all be used at the same time, and have enough gates for hundreds of wide-body planes.

Dubai World Central opened for cargo flights in 2010 with a single runway in the desert south of central Dubai. It received its first passengers in October at a single terminal that is mainly used by smaller airlines and low-cost carriers.

The currently larger Dubai International ranked as the world's seventh busiest airport last year, handling 66.4 million passengers. It too is being expanded, with a new concourse expected to open next year.

Griffiths says Dubai needs to expand to keep pace with the rapid growth of airline traffic into the emirate. Much of the increase comes from hometown airline Emirates, the region's largest carrier and the world's biggest user of both the A380 and Boeing 777 long-haul jets.

Emirates is expected to move its hub to the new airport shortly after the first expansion phase is complete, freeing up space in the older airport for the well over 100 other airlines that already operate from it.

Griffiths is confident Dubai will be able to generate the funding needed to complete the project given the importance of aviation to Dubai's economy. Officials say the industry contributes $22 billion annually to the local economy and supports some 250,000 jobs.

"The aviation sector has demonstrated that there is a very compelling economic case to suggest creation of further capacity is a very sensible thing to do," Griffiths said. "I'm sure that the government will come up with the appropriate funding to make the project a reality."

Dubai is still recovering from the effects of its financial crisis, which sent property prices plunging and forced it to accept a multibillion-dollar bailout from neighboring Abu Dhabi.

The local economy has bounced back strongly since, though Dubai and its state-linked companies still carry tens of billions of dollars in debt. The International Monetary Fund has warned of the possibility of another property bubble forming, and analysts question how Dubai can make good on the debt it still owes.

"There are still plenty of reasons to think that the emirate's debt problems are far from over," Jason Tuvey, an analyst at London-based Capital Economics, wrote in a research note last week.

That has not stopped officials from announcing plans for headline-grabbing projects reminiscent of the pre-crisis boom.

On Sunday, a property development company controlled by Dubai ruler Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum laid out plans for a $2.7 billion theme park and resort complex near the new airport and the site of the World Expo that Dubai is due to host in 2020.

The expansion of the new airport is unlikely to be ready by the time the Expo kicks off, Griffiths said.
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Ekans: 10:56am On Sep 09, 2014
gift01: That big FOOL 2 comments mine is the most miserable person this morning. ANYONE THAT VISITS HIS SITE na mumu for life
.Where is the sense in this comment of yours?.
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Endougs(m): 10:59am On Sep 09, 2014
Listening to your daughter by faze

Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Antell95(m): 11:02am On Sep 09, 2014
mtcheeeew!!!!

Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by 100Cents: 11:11am On Sep 09, 2014
Working hard day and night to get there.

Cement , transportation, Importation, Contracts, Agriculture.

Dangote is a good example of a complete businessman who knows that income flow from only one type of business isn't enough.

Cement which turned him a Forbes recognized billionaire was not his first or second venture in business.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by jimshimfe(m): 11:13am On Sep 09, 2014
Somebody educate me, why is the man buying cement factories and other government run companies, only to resale?
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by 100Cents: 11:27am On Sep 09, 2014
gatiano: that is not a good news. yes, that situation will provide little space for employment, 10 to 100 people, slaving morning and day and night. and 1.4% of the profits goes to dubai, that builds their economy and also provides employment for their people more than it will for nigerians. why can't the banks give credit or loans to any nigerian with a good idea? why most they give peoples' savings to a few? that at the end of the day won't refund. to me, it is not a good move, Ogbeni Dangote, the God of Dangote group of companies, sir be very careful of the vultures and swines. there are a lot of nigerians with great and wonderful ideas trained and breed in nigeria. help them to help you. nigerians fight the banks, the churches collecting loads of tithes should give loans too without interests.

The banks help those who help themselves. They don't finance ideas. They finance business. They see N100m turnover on your account, then they give you N50m to increase that turnover..

1. Banks don't finance start ups(unless you are a dangote starting a refinery).

2. Banks consider big lending more secure than small lending(A bank will rather give N10bn to Dangote than 100 million to 100 small $ medium businesses).

3. You must have turnover for banks to recognize you.

4. Making money is an art, small profit, quick returns is the way to growing big.

5. Banks don't lend to insincere people, most Nigerians treat borrowed money as theirs and therefore won't pay back(My fingers have been bitten before).

From my own experience as a former lender and a current businessman, It is never wise to borrow as a starter in business but with time, one has to finance expansion through borrowing and you must have a track record of paying back before banks would listen to you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Bryan12(m): 11:36am On Sep 09, 2014
Who and Who read that?
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by victorazy(m): 11:40am On Sep 09, 2014
Ina2k: NIGERIA progressing....

I wept for those who sees this as progress. These people are the head sponsors of Islamic radicals all over the world and they are having their ways creeping deep into Nigerian economy in disguised just to actualize their plans and most of us can't read the future. This manace must be stopped now or Nigeria will be a history in the next 30yrs. (Stamped this day 9th Sep. 2014) I don't need u to believe.

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by mako007(m): 11:40am On Sep 09, 2014
BlackPeni5: Soon, I'll buy the remaining stake in that company cool
amen, I wish you well o
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by gatiano(m): 11:46am On Sep 09, 2014
You are right, all you are saying in context is only a few should be allowed loans from the bank, and the rest to be subjected to a few. you may be right or perhaps right but i doubt it that banks can loan based on ideas. i think you are wrong, the world around you are developed starting with ideas, ideas manifest into materials or physical structures by help of finances. the bank should lend to common people, not to dangotes, and ovias and otedolas etc only, but to all that are capable.
100Cents:

The banks help those who help themselves. They don't finance ideas. They finance business. They see N100m turnover on your account, then they give you N50m to increase that turnover..

1. Banks don't finance start ups(unless you are a dangote starting a refinery).

2. Banks consider big lending more secure than small lending(A bank will rather give N10bn to Dangote than 100 million to 100 small $ medium businesses).

3. You must have turnover for banks to recognize you.

4. Making money is an art, small profit, quick returns is the way to growing big.

5. Banks don't lend to insincere people, most Nigerians treat borrowed money as theirs and therefore won't pay back(My fingers have been bitten before).

From my own experience as a former lender and a current businessman, It is never wise to borrow as a starter in business but with time, one has to finance expansion through borrowing and you must have a track recording of paying back before banks would listen to you.
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by IGBOSON1: 11:47am On Sep 09, 2014
eemalex: Money Stinks

^^^......so good! wink
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Jimfender(m): 11:50am On Sep 09, 2014
oops
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by 100Cents: 11:51am On Sep 09, 2014
gatiano: You are right, all you are saying in context is only a few should be allowed loans from the bank, and the rest to be subjected to a few. you may be right or perhaps right but i doubt it that banks can loan based on ideas. i think you are wrong, the world around you are developed starting with ideas, ideas manifest into materials or physical structures by help of finances. the bank should lend to common people, not to dangotes, and ovias and otedolas etc only, but to all that are capable.

I am not saying that banks cannot lend you N1m for your small business but you must be a customer with at least 6 months existing turnover and your business type and address verifiable.

You don't enter a bank managers office and start telling stories of your idea.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by doninno(m): 11:57am On Sep 09, 2014
See I dem day count figure like say na 1plus 1. Jst 1.4 share of company na him wort dat amount. God will take us dea too one day ijn
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Youngzedd(m): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
Make una no vex.

Will this reduce the price of cement?

1K per bag is not bad.
Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by playboy19(m): 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
100Cents:

I am not saying that banks cannot lend you N1m for your small business but you must be a customer with at least 6 months existing turnover and your business type and address verifiable.

You don't enter a bank managers office and start telling stories of your idea.

Nigerians wont listen to you no matter how much you try and explain the act of doing business to them. They believe they are entitled to anything just because they are Nigerians. Just because they have a lousy idea, they think banks should finance them without any track record of success.

gatiano: You are right, all you are saying in context is only a few should be allowed loans from the bank, and the rest to be subjected to a few. you may be right or perhaps right but i doubt it that banks can loan based on ideas. i think you are wrong, the world around you are developed starting with ideas, ideas manifest into materials or physical structures by help of finances. the bank should lend to common people, not to dangotes, and ovias and otedolas etc only, but to all that are capable.

In life generally, nobody care about you until you start showing signs of seriousness, which can only be shown through continuous success. I'm a serial entrepreneur and i invest in start ups, but you will never find me investing in someone, whose idea is his first in business. Never!

Nigerians and prospective entrepreneur the world over should understand that Investors/Banks dont lend or invest in Businesses for the most part, they invest in people. The person handling the business. The prospect of them being successful. Take for example, you come in to my office and pitch your idea to me. Though sounds very interesting and viable to me, (I) the first question i ask myself is, can this guy handle this? (II) The second is, this idea is not original, so it's something i could have come up with or someone had already pitched this to me in the past but i didn't give much attention or perhaps, someone already pitched this to me but the time wasn't right (but now, due to different changes in circumstances and life, the time is right), so why should i pay this guy for this? (III) Then the next thought is, i could get my team to develop this and make tons of money without this guy, so why do i need him?

What i'm trying to say is, if your idea is interesting and viable enough, try and source the capital within your circle first and get the business running. If you then come to me with good digits, there's no way i wont want a piece of you by investing. Haven't you heard of bankers begging or even doing extreme things just to get some people to get loan ( which they most times dont need) from them? That's because they have successfully proven that they can be successful without the banks and these banks want to make money with them from their businesses. Note that these banks at these point aren't really interested in the full details of the business(es), they just want to have a piece of the profit from whatever and however it is you are running your businesses and turning profit.

In summary, find a way to SHOW people you can do it and watch them queue at your door to do business with you. Actions they say, speaks louder than voice. I know this may sound rather harsh and unrealistic for some people who are down down the pecking order in life but hey, it's life. Life is harsh and unfair. The onus is on all of us to get up from our situations and get the ball rolling. Shalom

4 Likes

Re: Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
and one old farmer says the economy is worse off under GEJ. shocked he must have had a hangover or senile dementia.......scrambling for my stockbroker's number. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Drops To 313.5 As Dollar Shortage Persists / Elon Musk Says Risk Of Him Being Assassinated Is 'Quite Significant' / My Arrest Had No Ethnic Undertone – Innocent Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.