Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! (35807 Views)

Nigerian Railway Corporation Job Vacancies / Immigration Recruitment 2013 Has Been Advertised / Highly Skilled Nigeria Jobs Not Advertised Locally. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
The guy gets a job, while the firm gets free advertisment; which means more business...Smart thinking.

3 Likes

Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by ahika(m): 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Johnbosco77: At least it worked for him there. If na here, u go grow iron bear bear.

Bros please tell us why it won't work in naija
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Kemmy210(f): 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Haaaa! Ajani,na ur face be this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by back2sender: 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
chux4liv: Huh will try that at Obalende or Falomo(Who knows Dangote fit employ me) undecided
Naa there you go stay rotten and at the end dem go use your cv sell Akara for Falomo under bridge
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by OduntanGabriel(m): 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
Reasons Why Private University is better than Public. www.nairaland.com/1895324/6-reasons-not-attend-public
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by kokobaba: 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2014
kennykool4u: na lie.... na ur believe go work for u

Totally agree with u cos d guy did something unique and out of d box. Remember even the employer said they needed someone who could think outside d box and that was actually what he did to secure his appointment
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by seyibobo(m): 8:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
Wow.........wonderful
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
maclatunji: This young man got educated at University. He does not need a certificate to prove it. Meanwhile, some of our graduates cannot prove they got educated even with certificates.

Notice how Ajani is now "from" South London, if he were a criminal, he would be a "Nigerian immigrant".

#CrazyWorld
do u have 2 trash ur own?.. y don't u focus on d ingenuity of d lad, instead of dropping a trash abt Nigerian graduates, wat HV dey don 2 deserve ur stupidity... cus ur myopic self saw this particular story in a media forum
..hw many Nigerian graduates HV told u diers ? go n get urself brains boy..u ar losing it... ar u even a graduate...? u ar inviting a curse 2 urself lyk DAT wen u generalise n am not sure u know it.... in d face of a mess of a society ur useless system has created DAT is still brushing ur mouth n mouths of likes as u on d floor, this ones still find way to conquer n all u do is appear on a forum 2 spew trash.. b careful hw u think cus it exposes a lot abt ur ignorance thru d trash u spew...lyk u hv contributed reasonably 2 d life of anyone.... focus on d post, boy, n ur avoid digression in trash u spew in btw.... tells a lot abt ur mental capacity
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
safarigirl: 1) last I checked, Ajani is a Yoruba name, not so? How come he's suddenly from South London?

Since Britain is now eager to claim this one, why dem been no claim Michael Adebolajo? I'm sure he lived not too far from Ajani.

If say this boy thief now, dem for say "...originally from Nigeria" or "...whose parents/grandparents are of Nigerian heritage"

SMH UK

You know them very well. Na dia way. cool
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by 100Cents: 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
He got to the cross roads.

He took the decision. He took the bold step and it paid off.

Tough times require tough measures.
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by 100Cents: 9:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
ckhelvin: If u try that one for my country Nigeria ehn..na suffer wey no get rival u dey..u go too dey their so tey nah beggars go they come check mayb dem fit help yhu..so op it's not applicable to my country Nigeria..sorry

Sorry for yourself.

In most cities in Nigeria, banks are often sited along a stretch of popular streets/roads. And banks employ all courses. No exemption.

Have you ever woken up one morning as a job hunter and printed up to 30 copies of your CV and start dropping them off with all the banks and employers along the way ? This is done on foot.

I wonder how some of you will get these jobs you claim to hunt.

When one million people are pursuing only 100 vacancies, you have to be exceptional to make it to the 100...

That's how it is in Nigeria .
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by 100Cents: 9:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
emeviks: When you truly desire the unachievable, you have to step out of your comfort zone (Fear of rejection, low self-esteem, actual life purpose,etc.) To get It!
Kudos Alfred, I hope many of our unemployed youths out there would likely use same strategy. smiley

Nice one ,Poster.

That's the spirit...

When I come in contact with some millionaires and billionaires, one thing I see in them is that they behave, act and talk differently from the crowd. Some of them are weird, taciturn, talkative, even abnormal.

But few common things is that they are never afraid of stating their position, what they stand for and what they believe. In all, they show great passion and drive. They are not afraid to make you their friend today and drop you tomorrow. Whatever brings in their money is their concern.

Bottom line, they are go-getters. No shiit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by babystathopoulos: 9:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
ahika:

Bros please tell us why it won't work in naija
The chances of it happening in nigeria is very slim. In the western world many top executive use the railway even bus to work. I watched one episode of queenlatifah show, and she said the vice president of USA used the train to work sometimes. It was really unbelievable but true..
Here in Nigeria, it can seldomly happen. Even if we have a developed western public transport system, some people would just feel too pompos to use them.
You best bet, is the airport and when you can have opportunity to meet them and for them to even notice you then you must board a flight (the waiting room,seatmate on board). *how who nor get job wan get money pay for flight? That's just one issue sha*

Nevertheless, Jobseekers should think out of the box to get the attention they need to land their dream job but you should take consideration of your location, what might be effective in Lagos might be fruitless in Katsina

1 Like

Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by 100Cents: 9:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
Johnbosco77: Him get luck naaa. If na for naija, na iron gemu or bear bear him go grow. Hez lucky! Simple.

Pessimism is a disease.

Bro, what you see is what you get.

What you never dreamt of or desired or believed in can never become yours

Enjoy the pessimism...
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by 100Cents: 9:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
amnestylaw1:

May your heart desires come to fruition before this year runs out.

Amen !

1 Like

Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by 100Cents: 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
maclatunji: This young man got educated at University. He does not need a certificate to prove it. Meanwhile, some of our graduates cannot prove they got educated even with certificates.

Notice how Ajani is now "from" South London, if he were a criminal, he would be a "Nigerian immigrant".

#CrazyWorld

Hahaha.

You made my day...
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by room089: 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Pavore9: lf KAI arrest u, your family go gather money for your release!

Baba no fear, I no go carry placard or paper for hand. Na for polo wey I go wia i go write my own
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Vivalavida99(f): 10:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
In the modern UK where so many people live on benefits its nice to see someone working hard to get a job. Well done.
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
He is needed the son of his father!
Na so we dey hustle
See where it landed him

The breakthrough job that set the tone in my hubby's career was not advised
He checked websites and sent his cv with powerful cover letters to many institutions and one day he had a date with destiny
after sending out such a letter,he received an immediate response email from a top shot and an invitation for an interview from a man who was to later become his mentor .
And like Ajani ,he was the second black man in that job at that point in time and excelled

I pray Ajani excels at his job and proves that he is just as good as the best of them
May God bless that executive that gave him a chance
Great heart warming story

1 Like

Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Emmafrancis: 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
safarigirl: I dunno about Zimbabwe, then again, blacks never went to majority white countries to exploit them and debase them, now did they?

Did any of your lebanese/asian/white acquaintances ever come out for a political position and didn't get it? I mean, they're mostly content with making clowns of themselves and jumping into entertainmente-in-point, White Nigerian

If you ask if africans DEBASED anyone :
As at today african (blacks) are the second largest race in america. A lot of predominately white towns and cities have now been dominated by blacks(eg the Ferguson, Missouri shey u remember) . Yes they have debased others. how do you think the original indians(red indians) and later the white felt? Till tomorrow africans are still relocating en mass to Europe and america.
So when Mugabe chasing the whites and africans support him that makes us racist.

Those foreigners will not contest for elective positions because the average nigerians will not in their wildest imaginations support them. A Northerner can't even contest for election down south how much more a man from a different race.

1 Like

Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by gergemam: 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
I have an Idea from this....

If you want to make it work in Nigeria for you.....

1. Try Designing an Advert.. Like those ones whey GOD Chosen People dey do or Those Reflectors shirt.... Print BOLD on them as Alfred don do (Na you go know wetin U wan write ooo)

2. If You're in Lagos... Try Alausa or IKEJA City Mall (Stand for the Middle of the Road... I mean that middle whey Street Light dey dey) let's say from 8AM-10AM (take a Break) from 12PM-3PM (Close for the Day by 3PM) often and often, u can try many locations u wish to work. I know before one Month (one person) go notice u and give u a JOB.

My Opinion though wink wink
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by oskaaay(m): 11:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
it is cool reading this...
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by franzis(m): 12:18am On Sep 10, 2014
Think outside the box
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Deepfreezer(m): 1:07am On Sep 10, 2014
in Nigeria they will label you insane job seeker.
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by NaLaugh: 2:49am On Sep 10, 2014
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:38am On Sep 10, 2014
kennygee: God do my own for me too o.
Thought you have a job already.
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Solozzo(m): 5:18am On Sep 10, 2014
ckhelvin: If u try that one for my country Nigeria ehn..na suffer wey no get rival u dey..u go too dey their so tey nah beggars go they come check mayb dem fit help yhu..so op it's not applicable to my country Nigeria..sorry

Come on! Why so pessimistic and uninnovative. You can modify this idea to suit your environment. Train stations in Nigeria are not patronized by executives. You can try the airports, banks, shoprite in vi or Ikeja. Big hotels is another option. You can modify the poster Ajani used to suit the Nigerian setting. The idea is to get a way to get the executives to see you as confident, innovative and intelligent, and that is what Ajani did!!
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 10, 2014
kennygee: God do my own for me too o.
did you read what the guy did? The guy did something first! He did his own part and then God did His!
You have your part to do and God has His!
You do yous and then He will surely do His!
Now, am I saying you should print CVs and go and stand at some busy street?
No!
You might not get the same result as his!

He thought outside the box! You should think outside the box too!

I wish you the very best!

1 Like

Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 10, 2014
Oh what a redundant post! The mods. couldnt even help before bringing it over to the front page. If this is how media houses report thier news, then reading news wouldnt worth it. I think OP needs to go back to JSS I to be taught "avoidance of redundancy" incase he was never taught unless he professionally studied "redundancy" in high school.
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Shollay20(m): 6:36am On Sep 10, 2014
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by athorello(m): 8:34am On Sep 10, 2014
Do Nigerian directors commute with train, brt bus, danfo or keke? And can they be even found among passers bye at Oshodin? Anyway, I believe there's a way we can re-invent this here. It boils down to CREATIVITY.Do Nigerian directors commute with train, brt bus, danfo or keke? And can they be even found among passers bye at Oshodin? Anyway, I believe there's a way we can re-invent this here. It boils down to CREATIVITY.Do Nigerian directors commute with train, brt bus, danfo or keke? And can they be even found among passers bye at Oshodin? Anyway, I believe there's a way we can re-invent this here. It boils down to CREATIVITY.
Re: The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! by Toks2008(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
The only part i like here is him getting HIS DREAM JOB,else all this melodrama is not worth it for a graduate who ought to have a sense of dignity as regards the way he went about it.

Will not be surprised to see many more myopic graduates taking a cue. Why go through the stress of reading your life out for years just to stat looking for a job in this undignified manner? This same act could as well get him a job to start selling diapers or chocolates so why not go through a more direct way to get your dream job?

*My candid opinion*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ICPC Recruitment Test Result / When The Employer Wants You To Be 25years With 9years Experience / Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.