Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” (45195 Views)

EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports / FG Plans To Ban Fertiliser Importation / FG Set To End Importation Of Processed Tomato Paste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
woodcook: I remember a class mate of mine from Ethiopia asking me if it is true we eat shoes and belts in Nigeria, that someone told him we eat hides in Naija.

Apart from the fact that "ponmon" is cheap, any nutritional value?

Dey dia dey speak foreign,like say u no know say kpomo dey belliful persin nii,who send nutritional value

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by herald9: 6:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

Hehee. Kill you ke? grin

Nairaland has been boring of late. cool

ermm, I don upgrade from Bobo to Viju milk. smiley
I didn't know Viju tight pass Bobo o...abi bcus na Viju dey sponsor startimes?

both are wack!u beta upgrade to d mean 4.4 called Vitamilkcheesy

Find pesin crush on...NL no go bore u againcheesy
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by kendrick93(m): 6:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
OLADD: Nutritionists have overtime downplayed the value of Ponmo to our system. In other words, ponmo does not really add any nutrient to our body. If reasons been adduced by the minister are anything to go by, then its ban is ok.
i dnt tink anyone is eatin ponmo for its nutritional values..dat doesn't mean it should be banned
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
sunnyshayne: I'm ready to go to jail for it grin
lol! Na wah oh! Na your own worse pass!
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by pappyrose(f): 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
So because we want to sell leather or warefa now, we no go chop again. Which kain leaders Naija get sef. Mtcheeeew.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by PointB: 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
donroxy: It is a lie , it is only kponmo that is not soaked in soup that will have no nutritional value ..... There is this kponmo tagged ''karibiti mumi ata yo'' roughly translated as ''curly-curled kponmo extremely nourished in nutritious soup'' .... That one has incomparable nutrients in which your brain,eyes and whole body system will clear ....
Kponmo alata (Pepper soaked Kponmo) will remove any form of blockages in your gullet and nostrils !!

Must we do everything Oyinbo do .... If Oyinbo were the one that Originate Kponmo , we will duly follow suit .... Abeg o !

You make salivate for pepper soup!
hehehehe cheesy

But it is not the pommo that bestowed those value but the pepper and soup.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Tunguy01(m): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
mistudreh: BringBackOurPonmon#
BringBackOurPonmon#
BringBackOurPonmon#
BringBackOurPonmon#
voice of d poor
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by lirusehn(m): 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2014

Plz do. I hate this bullsh*t. sad
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Onozboy(m): 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ponmo na beta meat o...make una nr try am fg angry
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by kendrick93(m): 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
kayusbrown: Guys relax. They can't ban it. Even the Minister and those farmers he's adressing eat ponmo. Who wouldn't especially when it is diced into efo riro? Another thing is ponmo is not just the 'meat' of the poor as portrayed here, the rich also consume it especially those who are avoiding red meat cos of fat and other associated disadvantages.
yes u ryt..people who avoid fat love to eat it.
as someone said b4 maybe there is a sharp guy who is behind all dis. maybe he/she wants to be d main dealer in dis country

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by frankgreat(m): 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ponmo saving life since 1804... this means war angry

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by obailala(m): 6:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
When I opened this topic I was hoping to see http://fakenaijanews..co.uk/ as the source of the info but I was wrong... This has to be the joke of the century. It seems the minister or whoever came up with this 'bright' idea is just in love with the word 'ban' or he must have been on an ogogoro diet when he got this idea.

So if I purchase and slaughter a cow in my backyard, it would now be a crime if I decide to eat the skin instead of selling it as leather??... Who would I even sell it to??.. If there is a lucrative market for hydes and skin out there, which farmer would even want to eat his source of income in the first place??
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
PointB:
You make salivate for pepper soup!
hehehehe cheesy

But it is not the pommo that bestowed those value but the pepper and soup.
Taaa, Bro, u still dey drive go back .... Na Kponmo dey blend the nutrients of pepper and soup together for body ... W'out kponmo , sonting go miss na !! grin
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Chibokgame: 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
I give the FG my 80% support .

What is cannda ?
Time for snail and fish to go market.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Tunguy01(m): 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
Obiagelli: Heard this 2yrs ago. Ban the damn thing already. We should be producing and exporting leather instead of eating kpomo that has been smoked with burning tyres.
I want 2 bliv dat u wer raised wit ponmo , so u ar getting tired of it #wot a ponmo breeding u are#
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by mistudreh(m): 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tunguy01: voice of d poor
na so bro
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by joelenesleek(f): 6:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
pDude:

You failed woefully in your attempt at humor. cry
urh, that wasn't cool, you never can tell his state of mind when he typed that now you killed the fun it could lead to depression which results to suicide. cry

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by joelenesleek(f): 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
pDude:

You failed woefully in your attempt at humor. cry
please apologize to him, you may have hurt him so deep and I don't know why I just feel it wasn't right. cry
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Godmother(f): 6:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
FG will just just sleep, wake up and start bringing up silly laws.
What's their reason for wanting to ban ponmo now.
Abg they shud not try it o
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by ifekemmy(f): 6:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Great idea.

Pommo have little or no nutritional value. Harnessing it's income potential is a right course. I also agree that cattle farmers will be better for it. I see more people becoming cattle farmer. Perhaps it's time to become a ranch owner!

Woreva, i dnt care. All i want is #bringbackourponmon#. Is source of encourager in pot of veg soup n egusi
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by pedro08: 6:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Oga at d top wan turn him$self to ponmo?just asking.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
[size=18pt]NA THIS ONE I GO TAKE KILL PERSON!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by joelenesleek(f): 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
Odunharry:
u 4 knw fall im hand 4 public na..na Guy like u o.....e fit be say e get 1babe mk dm dy eye each oda here na
after you guys will say we girls hate ourselves. You know that dude will appreciate the joke if it was a girl. I just feel sorry for the other poor guy.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
my dear, we are getting towards draconic era. FG ban ponmo? I just hope it is a joke and cow head is not inclusive. lol
Godmother: FG will just just sleep, wake up and start bringing up silly laws.
What's their reason for wanting to ban ponmo now.
Abg they shud not try it o
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Ekundayo7: 7:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
woodcook: I remember a class mate of mine from Ethiopia asking me if it is true we eat shoes and belts in Nigeria, that someone told him we eat hides in Naija.

Apart from the fact that "ponmon" is cheap, any nutritional value?
grin grin grin cheesy LOL...we eat shoes and belts....
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by KolaShangOne(m): 7:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ahhhh! FG continu.. all these ponmo you're banning there is God ooo sad cry
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
It is not totally of no value. it gives soup and delicacies some swag and that obstruction it causes too while eating adds to the relish. Dont u think so?
ifekemmy: Great idea.

Pommo have little or no nutritional value. Harnessing it's income potential is a right course. I also agree that cattle farmers will be better for it. I see more people becoming cattle farmer. Perhaps it's time to become a ranch owner!

Woreva, i dnt care. All i want is #bringbackourponmon#. Is source of encourager in pot of veg soup n egusi

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Godmother(f): 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
ocman: my dear, we are getting towards draconic era. FG ban ponmo? I just hope it is a joke and cow head is not inclusive. lol

If they add cow head that's when they will see serious demonstration as full-bodied men and women will carry placard and match to aso-rock
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by masqot(m): 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
Do they have to ban ponmon before tanning leather? Let them resuscitate that industry and everything would fall in place. Has all their purported intervention brought down the price of rice? The minister should find something worthwhile to spend his energy on and not ponmon. Maybe he should just face tanning leather.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by mamosky: 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
We just like fooling ourselves here in naija by following the so-called whites. Why cant we enjoy our products as it is, ponmo sef dey sell like water for US! Why dey wan vome ban am for here? Abeg make dem park well jare!
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
dear if they add cow head, hmm! i must confess i go wound person oh. Soon they will ban waking up latter than 5am in the morning. If you wake up latter than 5am, you pay fine to the state government where that sleeping took place. 1 hour = #500. I see people paying #4000 as sleep over dues. Salary pay slip will be showing "sleep over deductions"..hahahahahaha grin
Godmother:

If they add cow head that's when they will see serious demonstration as full-bodied men and women will carry placard and match to aso-rock

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Poultry Feed Formulation Experiment On Broilers. / A Nigerian Farmer Displays His Harvested Cassava From His Farm, Hails Buhari / My Goat Gave Birth To A Premature Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.