Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Advice Pls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Pls (1654 Views)

Advice Pls: What Should I Do With Her If I Caught Her / Advice Pls: Having Intimacy With My Wife After 3 Months Of Giving Birth / Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
Some years ago, my wife died while giving birth to my daughter. It hurt for a while (the hurt never really leaves), but I was able to gather myself and be a good dad to my daughter. She is as beautiful as her mom was, and she's grown up to be very bright and independent.
The sad news is she'll be going on her first date this weekend. And it hurts...
I understand that life sucks. But this I'm not sure I'm ready to handle. What if the boy ends up using and dumping her? Maybe what I feel now are just parental instincts. I really need mature advice from those who have nutured kids and seen them grow up to become responsible adults.
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
Now this is unbelievable... The son of lucifer needs advice?

9 Likes

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
I think your worries are natural and good. I think that you should talk about them with your daughter. Tell her that you knew that this time would come but that you are worried of what could happen. Tell her what to be careful about and what the risks are and it will go a long way. It will help you to protect her. Talk to your daughter, she will be grateful.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
polymathic: Now this is unbelievable... The son of lucifer needs advice?
Everyone needs help, even Gods.
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
carefreewannabe: I think your worries are natural and good. I think that you should talk about them with your daughter. Tell her that you knew that this time would come but that you are worried of what could happen. Tell her what to be careful about and what the risks are and it will go a long way. It will help you to protect her. Talk to your daughter, she will be grateful.
Thanks. It's all a bit scary and confusing. A part of me has always known this day would come, but I never really prepared for it. I have done a lot of introspection and I'm thinking it would be good for both of us if I started dating someone again. My daughter might not be as available as she used to be for me. I guess I'll just have to accept that, rather than cage her. Thanks a lot for taking out time to reply. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Everyone needs help, even Gods.
Nah, don't think so... Anyways tho, u should allow the gal have her own experience too, aint notin like the experience one experience 'emselves... It last longer with them and the only thing u shld do is sit her down and talk to her (father n daughter convo)
Let her know the game n gimmicks involve in this thing and how she can always handle diff kind of situation in a relationship..
I hope ths helps tho

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Thanks. It's all a bit scary and confusing. A part of me has always known this day would come, but I never really prepared for it. I have done a lot of introspection and I'm thinking it would be good for both of us if I started dating someone again. My daughter might not be as available as she used to be for me. I guess I'll just have to accept that, rather than cage her. Thanks a lot for taking out time to reply. I really appreciate it.

You are welcome.
Re: Advice Pls by Daluuzor(m): 12:16am On Sep 10, 2014
ask your dad, he will be of good help, with lots of experience.
#runsouttathread

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 10, 2014
Fathers be cagng their daughters like they're gonna marry her grin grin grin
I wonder what runs through their heads when they see a young, smart guy taking away their 'lil angel' just like that cheesy

Anyways, op, if you don't mind-how old is the girl? Are you saying you haven't dated in about 16 years? shocked
Re: Advice Pls by Hourglass4real: 4:17am On Sep 10, 2014
Op,if she is of age to date, then the ball is nolonger in ur court. So long as you hav taught her right nd wrong over the years,her instinct,common sense nd good upbringing will do the rest.

Letting her know u trust her is all I think she needs at d moment,caging a young adult only make them rebellious,at times put them in much more trouble than they bargained for
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 10, 2014
It's obvious a few of the comments here have come from people who have no idea how much effort raising a family requires. Your ignorance is pardoned. I'll only respond to sensible comments. The Nigerian education system should be blamed for producing a lot of shitheads who can't think or reason for themselves. Myopic posts with more characters than sense in them.
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 10, 2014
Hourglass4real: Op,if she is of age to date, then the ball is nolonger in ur court. So long as you hav taught her right nd wrong over the years,her instinct,common sense nd good upbringing will do the rest.

Letting her know u trust her is all I think she needs at d moment,caging a young adult only make them rebellious,at times put them in much more trouble than they bargained for
Thanks. We had a long talk last night. She understands how I feel, and I woke up feeling much better than I felt last night.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 10, 2014
polymathic: Nah, don't think so... Anyways tho, u should allow the gal have her own experience too, aint notin like the experience one experience 'emselves... It last longer with them and the only thing u shld do is sit her down and talk to her (father n daughter convo)
Let her know the game n gimmicks involve in this thing and how she can always handle diff kind of situation in a relationship..
I hope ths helps tho
We can discuss the God angle in the religion section. Let's try not to derail this. Just so you know, my daughter is a Christian and I attend church services with her sometimes. Love should transcend religious beliefs, dont you think?
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 10, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
We can discuss the God angle in the religion section. Let's try not to derail this. Just so you know, my daughter is a Christian and I attend church services with her sometimes. Love should transcend religious beliefs, dont you think?
Sure
Without Love, the religion itself is nothing...
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2014
sonOfLucifer: It's obvious a few of the comments here have come from people who have no idea how much effort raising a family requires. Your ignorance is pardoned. I'll only respond to sensible comments. The Nigerian education system should be blamed for producing a lot of shitheads who can't think or reason for themselves. Myopic posts with more characters than sense in them.

Hehehe cheesy
All these grammar for me? shocked
You must be high on lucifer's urine undecided

3 Likes

Re: Advice Pls by Hourglass4real: 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Thanks. We had a long talk last night. She understands how I feel, and I woke up feeling much better than I felt last night.
That's good to know...nature will take it from here. I wish her luck because at times even good nd well brought up girls still fall into wrong hands.
Re: Advice Pls by mekzyjoe(m): 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
dumb sonoflucifer.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
We can discuss the God angle in the religion section. Let's try not to derail this. Just so you know, my daughter is a Christian and I attend [b]church[/s] services with her sometimes. Love should transcend religious beliefs, dont you think?
cackle! how do you felt man when praising God you said is wicked
Re: Advice Pls by Agrika: 11:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
Don't really know what to say but from where I come from a girl her age should be focused on something else rather than boys...anyway I could advise u to trust ur baby girl, U raised her up, u know the morals u instilled in her, u have probably observed her from birth and knows what she can do and undo...so based on all these u can now make ur decision weather to let her date or not.
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 5:33am On Sep 29, 2014
Agrika: Don't really know what to say but from where I come from a girl her age should be focused on something else rather than boys...anyway I could advise u to trust ur baby girl, U raised her up, u know the morals u instilled in her, u have probably observed her from birth and knows what she can do and undo...so based on all these u can now make ur decision weather to let her date or not.
At least, I'm grateful she isn't lesbian.
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 29, 2014
Son Of Lucifer has been 'Lucyfying' his daughter,he is scared the guy might be 'Lucific' than him.....

You are the son of Lucifer,go ahead and marry her,it would be justifyable in your father's Kingdom

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by mekzyjoe(m): 4:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
Odilafta: Son Of Lucifer has been 'Lucyfying' his daughter,he is scared the guy might be 'Lucific' than him.....

You are the son of Lucifer,go ahead and marry her,it would be justifyable in your father's Kingdom

d op is a clown.... grin grin
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
Odilafta: Son Of Lucifer has been 'Lucyfying' his daughter,he is scared the guy might be 'Lucific' than him.....

Another product of a prostitute, local paedophile, with an anthill for a brain...
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
If I were you, this is what I would simply do.
Tell her it is not really cool and it looks disrespectful that the guy hasn't come visiting before that's if he hasn't.
That way you get to know the guy.

In this kind of situation or for people who are going to be in this situation in the nearest future, I suggest you make friends with your daughters friends, boyfriends and lovers. Get to know them. It starts from there.
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 09, 2014
NairaMode:
If I were you, this is what I would simply do.
Tell her it is not really cool and it looks disrespectful that the guy hasn't come visiting before that's if he hasn't.
That way you get to know the guy.

In this kind of situation or for people who are going to be in this situation in the nearest future, I suggest you make friends with your daughters friends, boyfriends and lovers. Get to know them. It starts from there.
It's all good now.

(1) (Reply)

Women Are Hard To Please @ STORY / Please Advice Needed But Viewer Discretion If Eating Is Adviced / F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.