Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government (70494 Views)

Breath Taking Pixs From Kano State / Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched / Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by asamaigho(m): 10:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
the transition curve for d ramp is just too sharp....the engineer must be from niger republic......how does a 18 wheeler truck navigate this ramp........
abi na only for pedestrans and bikes.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Atmmachine(m): 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
Tiny fly-over for wheel barrows grin grin

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by sage2(m): 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
A beautiful flyover, no doubt. But as a logical and sane being, I would like to know what environmental challenge it is meant to address. For instance, we all agree on the reason why Fashola built the Law School and Ikoyi link bridges.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire: thats a very long ban .... goodness me! Anyway I heard if you pay a "ban settling fee" to NL, you will be un-banned smiley
angry
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Anasko(m): 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
am one of the benificiary of free education in kano state. my registration fee was refunded to me. long live kano state long live gov. kwankwaso long live Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by lacasa: 10:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
F117A: You are an idiott.
Are you the one to tell the owners of the resources what should be their share?
Where are the SMEs and who are the beneficiaries?
Why is kano state the highest receipents of federal almajiri schools.?
You must be very good at playing ostrich.
Btw,who are these "flatees" you keep talking about?
I am from delta state you dumb fucck,and we own the oil money your megalomanic governor is wasting.

When someone isn’t smart enough to express their frustration, they use dirty words. Those are words that describe a lack of intelligence. Smart people don’t use those kind of dirty words, because they find it an insult to their intelligence.

I am not at a loss for an equal rsponse but rather, it does not befit me to answer dogs.

Next!.

4 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by zudozz: 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
Western Education is a SIN!

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by kropelgrada(m): 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
I guess Kwankwaso has being around Southern governors who are working in their states for so long that it has began to rub off on him.
He has delivered these past 3 years than all the former governors put together including himself in his first tenure
To me the hardest working northern state governor by miles

2 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by kpemmzy(m): 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
whatlyf: A giant stride by Dr. Rabiu Kwankwaso.
The Best Administrator in this dispensation
One of the Best Ever

Sai Kwankwaso
one thing remains i live in kano d man is trying buh dos flyovers does not worth it taking decades to construct. APC CAMOUFLAGE BANZA EN KOFI

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by tojahh(m): 11:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Wait o, before you people start this your APC-PDP razzmazztazz, I wan ask one question. @Op, how did you know this is the longest bridge in Africa, you measure am? You know tell us how you come to conclusion say this bridge pass the Mandela bridge here in SA. (96 Kilometre
)

2 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by astana1: 11:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
tojahh: Wait o, before you people start this your APC-PDP razzmazztazz, I wan ask one question. @Op, how did you know this is the longest bridge in Africa, you measure am? You know tell us how you come to conclusion say this bridge pass the Mandela bridge here in SA. (96 Kilometre
)
it is the the longest "fly-over in west africa not bridge. a brdige goes through water.

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Rawani: 11:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
tojahh: Wait o, before you people start this your APC-PDP razzmazztazz, I wan ask one question. @Op, how did you know this is the longest bridge in Africa, you measure am? You know tell us how you come to conclusion say this bridge pass the Mandela bridge here in SA. (96 Kilometre
)

Read the title of the thread.

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Surely001(m): 11:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
Rabiu Musa Kwakwaso 2015.....
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Surely001(m): 11:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
I always said it... He has done it, he is still doing it and he will continue to do it.... #Kwankwaso 2015....This Man has Plans 4 Nigeria
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Waspy(m): 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
Any need for the Flyover?? There aint no traffic congestions ( as such) in Kano nao
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by kwanKwasiyya(m): 11:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Anasko:
am one of the benificiary of free education in kano state. my registration fee was refunded to me. long live kano state long live gov. kwankwaso long live Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by IamChuks(m): 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
Na flyover we go chop?
Anything good coming from APC and its members is just a plan to brain wash the ill-minded citizens... May the gods forbid such

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by AMvanquish: 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
F117A: My useless governor?
You must be very stupidd.
Moronn calling worthless flyovers a judicious use of money for a state like kano.
I dont blame you.
When Nigeria divide and the owners of the wealth leave, we will see how many flyovers the idiott will build.

We Were doing very fine before the union, and would still be better if the marriage fails.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by k777(m): 11:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Is that his achievement in 8yrs?

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by kwanKwasiyya(m): 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by EkoIle1: 11:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
lacasa:

Does kano have 13% derivation? NDDC? Et al grin

Basic and primary education r within the scope of state and local govt jurisdiction grin (LIAR)

We r building West Africa's biggest and longest fly -overs grin

Building a University grin

Sports research institue Kura grin

Housing and SMEs all across Kano grin

Paving the way for development therby givin the avenue for flatees to invade, adding to the over 2billion now

grin grin

Kwankwaso visits Kano students at Crescent varsity

Kano State governor, Dr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has charged students from the state on scholarship at the Crescent University, Abeokuta to be good ambassadors of the state, expressing satisfaction with the progress of the students at the institution.

He gave the charge during his visit to the institution as part of his programme to develop education in Kano State.

Speaking informally in Hausa language, Kwankwaso noted the noble contributions of the Proprietor, Judge Bola Ajibola in both legal and education sector, describing it as worthy of emulation.

Earlier in his welcome address, Judge Ajibola said Nigeria needed more men of character and vision like Governor Kwankwaso, adding “This is the product of our effort to bring the North and South of Nigeria together.”

Assuring that the institution will not relent in this direction, Ajibola said that his university has been able to propagate educational cohesion between the North and South of Nigeria.

Vice Chancellor of the faith based institution, Professor Kehinde Okeleye expressed deep appreciation to governor for the sponsorship of 200 students in various degree programmes and reported that the students’ academic performance to date was good.

Add that too...
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by EkoIle1: 11:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
Gov. Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state who is currently on official trip to India and Malaysia has inspected the power turbines to be installed at the Tiga and Challawa dams as part of the over N14 billion independent power project being undertaken by the Kwankwaso administration.
Director of Press and Public Relations to the Governor,Halilu Ibrahim Dantiye, mni, FNGE, said in a statement that Kwankwaso implored the contractors to ensure that the project begins operation before the end of this year.
He observed that the company handling the project is one of the most reputable firms in India which is working in such a way that the economic activities of the people of Kano will be enhanced.
Gov. Kwankwaso who was in India to see and assess the performance of 509 students out of the over 2,000 that were sponsored for further studies in 14 countries, pointed out that the project will produce 35 megawatts of electricity which will used to power street and traffic lights, industries and sold to the general public.
Addressing the students the governor urged them to face their studies seriously to enable them become responsible citizens that would pride to the government and people of the state.
The students at Bengali University later gave the governor a special award in appreciation for his support to the education sector.

Add that too...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by EkoIle1: 11:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kano Set To Commence Students Exchange With 17 Southern States – Kwankwaso

Kano state government has commenced discussion with the governments of

17 Southern states of the federation on how starting a student

exchange programme with the states with a view to enhancing national

unity and brotherhood, Kano state governor, Rabi’u Kwankwaso has

The move, he further explained, “is aimed at fostering unity among

Nigerians, promoting religious understanding as well as exposing

youths to diverse cultures, environments and socio-economic

activities.”

Add that too..

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by AMvanquish: 11:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
Folks just get high blood pressure when they here good things happening in the north, they rather here bombs going off and look for dumb excuses to castigate the entire region.
Kano is working and progress is being made. It is there for all to see. If you still don't believe it, google is your friend.

I know what my governor is doing.

Can you say the same about your Governor?
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by EkoIle1: 11:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kano Govt.sponsors 412 students to study in Katsina University

ov. Rabiu Kwankwaso announced this while addressing the beneficiaries in Kano.

``This is an opportunity for you who are the children of the less-privileged to study outside the state’’, he said.

Kwankwaso urged the students to be good ambassadors of the state and the country in general.

The governor further said that his administration would continue to live up to its expectation by investing heavily in the sector.

``My administration would continue to pay more attention to education for its citizens to earn university degrees,’’ Kwankwaso said.

Alhaji Haruna Doguwa, the Commissioner for higher education, thanked the governor for his strides in the education sector.

Haruna also advised the beneficiaries not to misuse the opportunity by engaging in acts capable of denting the good image of the state and the country in general.

Some of the students, who spoke on behalf of their colleagues, thanked the state government for the gesture.

Add that too...

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by EkoIle1: 11:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kano Spends N1bn on School, Sponsors 101 Students to Niger Republic

The Kano State Government said it spent about N1 billion to build a bilingual school in Niger Republic and sponsor 101 students to study French in the institution.

Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso announced this on Monday in Kano during the send-off ceremony for the students.

He said that the beneficiaries were selected from the 44 local government areas of the state.

He said that the government had spent billions of naira to fund several students to study abroad.

Kwankwaso said that in its efforts to improve the standard of education, his administration embarked on ``massive construction of classrooms'' across the state.

The Nigerien Minister of Education, Madam Maryam Ibrahim, commended the government for sponsoring less privileged students to study abroad.

Add that too..

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by EkoIle1: 11:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
KNSG Sponsored 50 Indigenes For 3-Year Degree In Nursing

Beneficiaries of the special scholarship will on return, serve as nursing and midwifery tutors at the three new health institutes established by the government namely, School of Nursing Madobi, College of Health Technology, Bebeji and School of Post-Basic Midwifery, Gabasawa.
Similarly, the government has engaged 10 expatriate tutors and eight doctors from the same university to man the state health institutions before the 50 students return home on completion of their educational pursuit.

The state governor, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso who disclosed this on Thursday during a farewell ceremony for the students at the Government House, Kano, explained that the aim is to “improve on the much needed manpower as well as enhance the capacity of the available resource within the health sector”.
“It is in this regard that the state went into partnership with Mansoura University, Egypt to train our nursing and midwifery tutors as well as send their tutors on quarterly basis to fill in the gap in our health institution”, Governor Kwankwaso pointed out.
He added that “this is to further demonstrate our commitment towards improving and providing qualitative and affordable healthcare service in the state and beyond.”
The governor also revealed that plans are in the offing, by the state government, to sponsor 500 secondary school leavers to study overseas, in various medical and paramedical disciplines, especially Psychiatric Nursing, Medical Health Planning, Dental Therapy and Technology, Radiography and Intensive care nursing among others, during the next academic year.

Add that too...

2 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by EkoIle1: 11:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kano spends $1.2m in sponsoring medical students abroad
Posted by: Kolade Adeyemi, Kano in News August 12, 2014

Kano State has spent over $1.2 million in sponsoring 90 indigenes to study health related degrees at Mansoura and 6th October universities in Egypt.
Governor Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso, who met with the students in Cairo yesterday, said the aim is to address the shortage of medical personnel in public hospitals.
He said 50 of the 90 students are at 6th October University, studying medicine and 40 at Mansoura University, pursuing degrees in Nursing and Midwifery.
Governor Kwankwaso said on completion of their studies, the doctors would be deployed in public hospitals and the nurses and midwives in School of Nursing, Madobi and the College of Midwifery, Gezawa..
He said his administration has given full overseas scholarships to 300 secondary school leavers to study medicine and pharmacy in Sudan, Egypt, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia and India.
The governor said: “My visit to this place is to the assess facilities, the environment of your universities in addition to your welfare to justify the investments we are making in your education.
‘’I want you to remain steadfast, loyal and determined to excel to justify the resources committed for your training,” he said.
“I am satisfied with my assessment of your academic progress. Today, I feel more than ever before happy to see our dreams coming to fruition”, he stated.
The governor said the state would soon engage doctors from Egypt.
Governor Kwankwaso earlier visited the 99 medical students in four different universities in Sudan.
He visited the Governor of Khartoum State, Dr. Abdurrahman Al- Khidir, who praised Sudanese-Nigeria relations.
Governor Kwankwaso thanked the government for the hospitality and hailed the relationship between Nigeria and Sudan.

Add that too...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by AMvanquish: 11:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
EkoIle. Thanks for the education. Too bad some would still ignore all this because of Natural born hatred. They can go and hug transformer for all I care grin
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by EkoIle1: 12:02am On Sep 11, 2014
Kano State Governor Declares Free & Compulsory Education in the State

The Kano state Governor, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has declared free and compulsory education in the state commencing from the 2014 academic year.

He made the declaration during the presentation of 2014 appropriation bill to the House of Assembly.

According to Vanguard, Kwankwaso stated that “in our collective resolve to drive a knowledge base economy, government has already concluded arrangement to adopt a free education for all indigene at all levels: primary, secondary and tertiary institutions in the state.”

The Governor added that “this is in addition to sponsoring of Kano indigenes to pursue their various degree programmes locally and internationally”, pointing out that the commencement of the free education for all Kano state indigenes from primary, secondary and tertiary institutions starting from the new academic session in 2014.”

In order to ensure effective implementation of the new programme, the Education sector got the largest share of the sectoral allocation with over N20billion with Ministry of Education N15.22billion; while its ministry for Higher Education counterpart got N5.61billion.

This is a laudable move. The education sector needs to be well funded not just in Kano state but in all states of the country. We hope this policy would be sustainable and result in a better future for the children resident in the state.

Add that too...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by EkoIle1: 12:04am On Sep 11, 2014
AMvanquish: EkoIle. Thanks for the education. Too bad some would still ignore all this because of Natural born hatred. They can go and hug transformer for all I care grin

Ignorance, tribalism and bigotry is very pervasive on this site especially by people with nothing productive to show from their own states even though their governors collects taxes and allocations too...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by swezenberg(m): 12:17am On Sep 11, 2014
EkoIle1:

Ignorance, tribalism and bigotry is very pervasive on this site especially by people with nothing productive to show from their own states even though their governors collects taxes and allocations too...

Eastern governors have been looting since their ancestors started growing Igbos. They breed looters nothing more.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man And His Four Daughters Die In Car Crash In U.S. (Photos) / Man In This Crashed Car Was Driving To The Venue Of His Suprised 50th Birthday / Ebonyi Airport: Two Months Gone, No Airline Has Landed There: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.