Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government (70496 Views)

Breath Taking Pixs From Kano State / Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched / Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by MightySparrow: 1:24am On Sep 11, 2014
Pray BH doesn't blow it up anyway.

Kwankwaso, I think he could have my vote next time he vies for any position.
well done.

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by AdviserGeneral: 2:11am On Sep 11, 2014
O.P point of correction................... In Nigeria and not West Africa. I was in Abidjan - Ivory Coast last month, and I saw what will be the longest bridge and fly over in West Africa when completed. Alassane Ouattara is an epitome of a functioning and vicious leader. I wish our so called Presido will look up to him for better
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Tunbolity(m): 2:50am On Sep 11, 2014
You are right cos i am a witness to this, Kwansiyah city, Amana City,flyover at Kofar Nasarawa,dualisation of gyadi-gyadi rd, flyover evrywhere including sabon gari
kwanKwasiyya: KASG under his excellency is doing a lot for the great people of kano. That's the longest in West/Africa
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Nobody: 3:08am On Sep 11, 2014
What kind of flyover is that? I am compelled to say it is done by primitive contractor without aesthetic sense. I don't like it! angry angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by arresa: 4:00am On Sep 11, 2014
The Kano state government has embarked on the construction of its third fly-over bridge, which will be one of the longest bridges in the West African sub-region.

Speaking yesterday, at the on-going Annual General Meeting of the Nigerian Society of Engineers in Abuja where he received a Special Merit Award, Kano State Governor, Rabi’u Kwankwaso said, “In the last two and a half years, we have initiated projects that have not only impacted on the lives of the people but should be of great interest to Nigerian engineers.

“For instance, two fly-overs are under construction in the city of Kano and work has reached an advanced stage.

“Only three weeks ago, the third fly-over contract was awarded at the Central Business Area of Kano at more than N10bn.

“It is one of the longest fly-over bridges in West African sub-region; this 1.76km flyover is expected to be completed within 14 months.”

He noted that the fly-over was constructed to ease traffic congestion around the Abubakar Rimi Market.

They are actually constructing 3 flyovers....

Kano is indeed regaining it's lost glory...

Kudos..

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by OLEBRUKU(m): 4:50am On Sep 11, 2014
DebohBaron:
Haba!! Nigerians!!
That 1st picture is the flyover in ibadan!!
I know cos I'm based in ibadan...o know the bridge too well...that's the new bridge built by Ajimobi.

I don't even trust anything on this thread again..but why do u guys lie sef??
[b][/b] because no be today ny.arsh dey back grin
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Olaone1: 5:36am On Sep 11, 2014
astana1: kano state fly-over longest in west africa.

To those who do not know the diffrence between a bridge and fly-over
A Bridge is a structure which connects two points separated by a natural phenomena viz., river, valley, sea, any other water body. A Flyover is a structure which connects two or more points which are already accessible and is really flying over and/or across manmade structures viz., road, railway, building, street.

This is NOT true
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Olaone1: 5:43am On Sep 11, 2014
The term "bridge" encompasses "flyover" and more.

Thus, a flyover is also a bridge

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Ameekar(m): 5:58am On Sep 11, 2014
A7: A big kudus to kwankwaso, I would have press the like button but the cowering pdp spirits remove it. grin

A7: A big kudus to kwankwaso, I would have press the like button but the cowering pdp spirits remove it. grin

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by maimalari: 6:09am On Sep 11, 2014
tojahh: Wait o, before you people start this your APC-PDP razzmazztazz, I wan ask one question. @Op, how did you know this is the longest bridge in Africa, you measure am? You know tell us how you come to conclusion say this bridge pass the Mandela bridge here in SA. (96 Kilometre
)

South Africa isn't West Africa.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by kwanKwasiyya(m): 6:09am On Sep 11, 2014
EkoIle1:

Ignorance, tribalism and bigotry is very pervasive on this site especially by people with nothing productive to show from their own states even though their governors collects taxes and allocations too...

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by DaBullIT(m): 6:20am On Sep 11, 2014
Nice work

Hopefully boko haram won't sabotage its completion
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by sorom4: 6:32am On Sep 11, 2014
So a mere building of a fly over calls 4 a laudable achievement? Our comments has deeply bn rooted into political and tribal lines. We just comment positively when our individual interest (tribe, politics and religion) is on line; but we frown on any developmental stride outside our interest. WOULD WE COMMENT SO POSITIVELY IF YOU HEAR THAT GEJ BUILT THE LONGEST BRIDGE IN AFRICA? Most of my APC supporters will call him names 4 doing such. CORRUPTION IS NO LONGER THE CANKERWORM OF THE SOCIETY; TRIBALISM IS.

3 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Dammy1015: 7:04am On Sep 11, 2014
Kudos 2 kwankwaso 4 d overhead bridge but I don't know why he refuse 2 repair sabon gari roads,dat area is a mess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by snipesdam(m): 7:38am On Sep 11, 2014
Never knew kano could be so fine like this oh Look they even have green vegetation. Taught was supposed to be sand and dust all over shocked shocked shocked
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by porka: 7:51am On Sep 11, 2014
AdviserGeneral: O.P point of correction................... In Nigeria and not West Africa. I was in Abidjan - Ivory Coast last month, and I saw what will be the longest bridge and fly over in West Africa when completed. Alassane Ouattara is an epitome of a functioning and vicious leader. I wish our so called Presido will look up to him for better

Vicious?
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by porka: 7:59am On Sep 11, 2014
sorom4: So a mere building of a fly over calls 4 a laudable achievement? Our comments has deeply bn rooted into political and tribal lines. We just comment positively when our individual interest (tribe, politics and religion) is on line; but we frown on any developmental stride outside our interest. WOULD WE COMMENT SO POSITIVELY IF YOU HEAR THAT GEJ BUILT THE LONGEST BRIDGE IN AFRICA? Most of my APC supporters will call him names 4 doing such. CORRUPTION IS NO LONGER THE CANKERWORM OF THE SOCIETY; TRIBALISM IS.

Let him construct it first.

It doesn't matter if people refuse to commend him.

These things should not be based on commendations or non-commendations.

President Jonathan administration should get over mundane stuffs like commendations and get down to work.

When projects are completed and visible to the eyes, commendations will come naturally.

Majority of the people are rational.

Only a few (minority) will continue to disparage people's achievements for political reasons.

They should complete the East-West road for instance.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by porka: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2014
tojahh: Wait o, before you people start this your APC-PDP razzmazztazz, I wan ask one question. @Op, how did you know this is the longest bridge in Africa, you measure am? You know tell us how you come to conclusion say this bridge pass the Mandela bridge here in SA. (96 Kilometre
)

96 kilometre (sic)?
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Idrismusty97(m): 8:07am On Sep 11, 2014
snipesdam: Never knew kano could be so fine like this oh Look they even have green vegetation. Taught was supposed to be sand and dust all over shocked shocked shocked
You would keep living in denial while other regions are rapidly progressing. I wonder what gave you people this sort of notion about the North. Is it too much Nollywood, Boko haram, bad journalism or what?
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by F117A: 8:11am On Sep 11, 2014
lacasa:

When someone isn’t smart enough to express their frustration, they use dirty words. Those are words that describe a lack of intelligence. Smart people don’t use those kind of dirty words, because they find it an insult to their intelligence.

I am not at a loss for an equal rsponse but rather, it does not befit me to answer dogs.

Next!.
You are calling yourself intelllgent?
That is a very glaring mistruth.
I am not surprised that you have tactically ran away
That is what happens when you face someone of superior intelligence.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Rawani: 8:16am On Sep 11, 2014
Idrismusty97: You would keep living in denial while other regions are rapidly progressing. I wonder what gave you people this sort of notion about the North. Is it too much Nollywood, Boko haram, bad journalism or what?

You will not believe what they think the North looks like. I have met several corpers that are astounded when they arrive northern cities to find beautiful roads, flowers, roundabouts, beautiful architecture, parks, hotels etc. It is mostly the result of a mix of poor journalism, low exposure, prejudice, ignorance and in most cases, ethno-religious hatred. The fortunate thing is by nature, northerners are not chestbeaters and as such, are not bothered with the impression their compatriots have of them, or proving them wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Idrismusty97(m): 8:36am On Sep 11, 2014
Rawani:

You will not believe what they think the North looks like. I have met several corpers that are astounded when they arrive northern cities to find beautiful roads, flowers, roundabouts, beautiful architecture, parks, hotels etc. It is mostly the result of a mix of poor journalism, low exposure, prejudice, ignorance and in most cases, ethno-religious hatred. The fortunate thing is by nature, northerners are not chestbeaters and as such, are not bothered with the impression their compatriots have of them, or proving them wrong.
So true!
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Lawalemi(m): 8:47am On Sep 11, 2014
At last one good news from the north
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by peter4d2(m): 8:49am On Sep 11, 2014
It is mostly the result of a mix of poor
journalism, low exposure, prejudice, ignorance
and in most cases, ethno-religious hatred

But frankly speaking dey r not all dat far 4rm d truth cos in southern nigeria we hv had ethnic crises n jst ends @ dat but can d same b said of northerners.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by koboko66: 8:55am On Sep 11, 2014
vicadex07: lipsrsealed

That guy na fool. Just leave am. He go soon regret. Banned me for threatening a cyber attack on NL. Chia...because i tell am say he dey break rule 7 buy being politically biased and using that to tune his forum.

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Namady(m): 9:02am On Sep 11, 2014
Ohh ALLAH, u knw wat is best for dis country. Make dis gud, influencial and trans4min leader d C in C of dis great NATION... KWANKWASIYYA AMANA

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by astana1: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2014
Here are the pictures of first underground under construction at kabuga junction, Kano state. The construction is schedule to be completed by years end. i think it is one of the first in africa

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by sorom4: 9:12am On Sep 11, 2014
porka:

Let him construct it first.

It doesn't matter if people refuse to commend him.

These things should not be based on commendations or non-commendations.

President Jonathan administration should get over mundane stuffs like commendations and get down to work.

When projects are completed and visible to the eyes, commendations will come naturally.

Majority of the people are rational.

Only a few (minority) will continue to disparage people's achievements for political reasons.

They should complete the East-West road for instance.
Seems you are the type that jump into comments without understanding a post

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by Keneeby(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2014
Just imagining wasting public funds in just to make name. Kano dnt need such a flyover. Kano have enough land to build and expand roads. A longest flyover for what? To create jobs?
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by tonychristopher: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2014

BUILDING THIS IS ONE THING, AND IT LASTING WILL BE ANOTHER THING..WILL MUSLIM TERRORST ALLOW IT WITHOUT IT BEEN BLOWN UP

YOU KNOW NORTH AND THEIR FUNNY REASONINGS
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by astana1: 9:23am On Sep 11, 2014
Expansion of State Road / Ibrahim Taiwo Road, Kano

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government by astana1: 9:30am On Sep 11, 2014
ongoing projects

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man And His Four Daughters Die In Car Crash In U.S. (Photos) / Man In This Crashed Car Was Driving To The Venue Of His Suprised 50th Birthday / Ebonyi Airport: Two Months Gone, No Airline Has Landed There: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.