Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road (19102 Views)

Fatal Accident On Lagos-ore Road Leaves Many Dead (graphic Pics) / Accident Involving Truck And Bus On Ore-Lagos, Today (Photos) / Passenger Bus Falls Into Lagoon Along Ijebu Ode-ore Expressway (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by weco247: 8:20am On Sep 11, 2014
Even if you drive old 504 peugeot, those guys can scam you more than that amount. They equally use juju power. You think it's ordinary. He can still recover all his money as long as he is working or doing business.Thank God, he and his kids are alive.That is very important.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by cyril10(m): 8:41am On Sep 11, 2014
nairaman66:

You hit the nail more than once on the head! Please give us some clarification to clear the air@OP

Please I am not making this up, it actually happened on my way to Lagos from PH, on my way back too, somebody pointed at my car again, this time I had to ignore the person.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Eyop: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2014
cyril10:

Please I am not making this up, it actually happened on my way to Lagos from PH, on my way back too, somebody pointed at my car again, this time I had to ignore the person.

Apart from your own Ordeal cyril10,a neighbour of mine was travelling from Lagos to Ebonyi State with his Mercedes E300 and narrated what he went through on that road. He said, when he got to where they do sell Garri,Plantain,Banana,etc that they stopped because they wanted to buy garri but the wife indicated interest in Banana and which she almost paid for but the husband stopped and ask them to continue the journey.

The young lady that was selling banana got angry that why should they come and price without buying which resulted to exchange of words. The next thing that happened was, a small girl that was with the banana seller came close to his car and touched with it. That was the beginning of their wahala ooo. The vehicle refused to start and all effort to remedy the situation proof abortive.

Mechanics,electrician,etc tried their luck without success and they commence the trial and error issue which resulted to spending so much money over #100,000. After spending 2 days there,one elderly man approached him that this is not a mechanical or electrical issue that his vehicle had been manipulated spiritually that he should go and make peace with the Banana seller. My man that was blabbing before after going through 2 days of torture,had no choice than to go and beg and even said he'll buy banana this time around grin grin.

In conclusion, they settled the matter and the lady in question poured water on the bonnet of the car and that was the end of it.
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by emymeeky: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2014
sweettease:
What da hell! shocked Am I the only one seeing this? shocked shocked shocked

Shut up jare. The guy de correct . why no fit understand simple comprehension upon all the live examples he gave u ?
Tufiakwa ? angry
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by chux76(m): 10:01am On Sep 11, 2014
rill: 113k just like dat? Do u drive a Bentley

I wanted to ask same thing
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by sweettease(f): 10:38am On Sep 11, 2014
emymeeky:

Shut up jare. The guy de correct . why no fit understand simple comprehension upon all the live examples he gave u ?
Tufiakwa ? angry
Next time you try to do this, make sure your profile pic isn't of the same person undecided undecided or are olodos having the same look nowadays? undecided
Now jokes aside, you really have a problem o, i thought you were just looking for something to say which ended up sounding dumb but if you actually believe that daft explanation of yours then I feel so sorry for you.
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by sweettease(f): 10:39am On Sep 11, 2014
okeyfineboy:
I was once a victim of that, once your vehicle is in their workshop, there is nothing you can do about the price..if you are not careful with them they will Rob you hands down..and note many of them uses jazz(juju)..in my own case I spent 206k
What! That's outrageous... Eya, sorry about that.
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Eyop: 10:45am On Sep 11, 2014
sweettease:
Next time you try to do this, make sure your profile pic isn't of the same person undecided undecided or are olodos having the same looks nowadays? undecided
Now jokes aside, you really have a problem o, i thought you were just looking for something to say which ended up sounding dumb but if you actually believe that daft explanation of yours then I feel so sorry for you.
Babe take it easy smiley
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 11, 2014
ilugunboy: ..
Egbon Ilugun ejo mo need help yin.
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by sweettease(f): 11:00am On Sep 11, 2014
Eyop:
Babe take it easy smiley
I won't even answer him again smiley
I'm actually laughing here and if he took it personally, it's his problem grin
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by blank(f): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2014
ahika:

Assuming someone has announced this trick before now the OP mayn't have fallen for the scam.

We should learn to enlighten people on tricks of these scammers.

Say the word and save a life

https://www.nairaland.com/1431010/new-tactics-robbers-okada-ehkiadolor

This is just one of such and it was on front page.

There have been others.

No one's fault but the poster and you probably, for not seeing the topic earlier.
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by blank(f): 11:30am On Sep 11, 2014
My dad used to suffer from their hands. I used to think his benz was cursed. Once we get to Ore, wahala must dey no matter what side of the road we were on. There was even a day we spent a night in Ore. A terrible experience i tell you. It was in those days of no ATM so we had to carry one of those smelly guys back to Lagos to give him money. The day my dad wised up, he felt like pouring brimstone on them.

This trick is as old as the express itself. There was a time, they would throw rocks at your car just so that your windscreen will break and you will fall into their trap. Sometimes they pour nails on the road so that you will have a flat tire. They even dig up the road so that there will always be potholes.
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Originalsly: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2014
Hmmm......guess you have very little driving experience and absolutely no knowledge of how anything works on the car. Wheel wobbling....you can hear it...or feel it in the steering....even if you don't know what it is you will know something is wrong. Oil on the rims and tyre....bro...FYI...the tyre is filled with air...not oil.This was a very poor scam.
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by emymeeky: 11:37am On Sep 11, 2014
sweettease:
Next time you try to do this, make sure your profile pic isn't of the same person undecided undecided or are olodos having the same look nowadays? undecided

Wetin this one de talk ?

cry

Your wahala too much

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by anonimi: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
wristwatch: Sorry abt this OP. Govt are doin their own, Citizens own is d worst

Is government not made up of citizens
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Eyop: 12:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
sweettease:
I won't even answer him again smiley
I'm actually laughing here and if he took it personally, it's his problem grin
I guess he also didn't take that personal too smiley How far wink
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by megastu(m): 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
Sorry oh.

No wonder i still see them doing that old trick of pointing to the underneath of your car. People still fall.
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Spidermon: 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
I really feel for the op. May God replenish u. I have to say tho' that this scam is quite old. First time I learnt of it was an adaptation I experienced some years ago while schooling in abeokuta. I was walking by some shoe sellers and they were all pointing at my footwear. As I stopped, one of them just pulled off my shoe and started mending it. I left him to finish, when he was done they started mentioning amount almost equivalent to the price of the footwear. I just laughed, wore my footwear, cracked my knuckles as madman wey I be and dropped #100. If them touch me after that, I would have demonstrated on them how I earned my black belt.
I can only imagine in present times if I was riding with one or 2 friends in a jallopy that one of us struggle to buy with less than 5k in our combined pockets. Maybe na we go scam the mechanic sef....lol
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by sweettease(f): 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
Eyop:
I guess he also didn't take that personal too smiley How far wink
Not so far cheesy close enough cheesy cheesy
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Eyop: 2:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
sweettease:
Not so far cheesy close enough cheesy cheesy
Really? Wow!!! That's splendid cheesy grin wink
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by IdeyVex1(m): 2:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hmmm............ Wow! Thank God for Nairaland. I have never fallen victim of this but I remember clearly that once I was on this road with my friend. First a young man on a bike passed by me and pointed at my tires. I did not pay him attention but not long after, I passed another guy, and he was seriously pointing at my tires. My friend, a lady, became worried and advised that we stop. She felt there must have been something wrong with the car. A sixth sense asked me not to. I merely reduced my speed from about 120kmph to about 80kmph so as to minimize the impact if there was actually something wrong. Not long after, a third person pointed at the tire again. Now I was seriously worried but I kept on moving. When I had gone far away and seeing a filling station in sight, I drove into it. I took time to check every part of my vehicle, even brought out the wheel spanner and checked all. Now I know that I was programmed for scamming.
I wonder what would have happened if I had stopped? Maybe na today I for just sabi say na scam. Vex for don dey kill me by now.
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by sweettease(f): 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
Eyop:
Really? Wow!!! That's splendid cheesy grin wink
you didn't even ask what's it's close enough for. I will not tell you again tongue
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by guseman(m): 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
That axis is very bad. Many at times you see dead bodies on the road. Those road side mechanics are terrible.
Even those boys the road side are mostly theives.
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by carluva(m): 12:38am On Sep 12, 2014
funny how we've all turned God to a majician. most comment here are al about "God judging dem", "God repleneshn the op" and all dat. and ds people continue living their free lives scamming innocent Nigerians. Cant something be done? we shouldnt wait till it happens to anoda person den we all start calln God to replenish bla bla bla.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jeep Unveils The 2020 Gladiator Off-roader That Is Part SUV,Part Pickup / Police In Oyo To Impound Vehicles With Sirens, Spy And Covered Number Plates / These Are The Safest Cars Of 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.