Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,974 members, 7,952,913 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:19 AM

Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. (62119 Views)

World Most Hilarious Names / Top Awkward Selfies Ever Taken / Dubai's Miracle Garden Is World’s Most Beautiful Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by kiowy(m): 12:11am On Sep 12, 2014
27. When a soldier met his baby girl for the first time embarassed
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Posman(m): 12:25am On Sep 12, 2014
Giftedgreen: The Nagasaki Brothers: Shortly after the bombing of the city, this photo was taken. The younger child in the picture is dead and the older boy is his brother. He carried his brother to a crematorium, watching him burn but refusing to cry. He had just lost everything in the world, but still focused on honoring his fallen (and equally innocent) younger brother.

this one right here... speechless
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by nawtikid(m): 12:25am On Sep 12, 2014
I didn't cry, bt d reaction goin thru my system ryt nw z worse dan tears
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 12, 2014
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by 9jauk: 12:58am On Sep 12, 2014
I be Authority

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by 9jauk: 1:01am On Sep 12, 2014
Disney trip..

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Unluvable(f): 6:53am On Sep 12, 2014
Handsomeemmy:

All the pictures on this thread are really thought provoking pictures.

Between,where have you been? I have missed you smiley

I miss you tooooo.....life happened!

How is everything with you?
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Raxxye(m): 7:24am On Sep 12, 2014
Oh my!
...more than touching!
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Nmeri17: 7:43am On Sep 12, 2014
touching. No doubt *wipes tears
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by BluePearls(m): 8:01am On Sep 12, 2014
Sile12: 25. When this girl got the most incredible surprise proposal.

26. When Lucas Hembree and his service dog Juno shared a hug.

27. When a soldier met his baby girl for the first time.

28. When Arnulfo Castorena won his first gold medalin swimming for Mexico in the Paralympics.

I was proving hard man... dis batch got me.. cry
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2014
BluePearls:

I was proving hard man... dis batch got me.. cry
Really..
Sorry...
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by mrnigeria(m): 8:19am On Sep 12, 2014
Is War necessary? Greed, avarice, disregard of human life. I always ask myself what the problem with the world is. The problem is us. Let's change our ways and make the world a better place.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2014
This is world historz in picturs
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by jossymife: 8:51am On Sep 12, 2014
I've taken my time to go through all the touching pictures and my conclusion is that I have only enjoyed God's mercy and protection from such calamities before and now.
Lord, I'm grateful and what about you?
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Burger01(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2014
Op, you really did your digging well. Abeg, that no.17 “Wait For Me Daddy” did the father return back home to his son? What a touching picture. Awwwwww, sad on a Friday momo.. sad
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 12, 2014
edozie04: Moderators front page please
I wonder why blacks did not do this to the whites in our own soil

Because not all blacks are foolish enough to think if someone behaves stupid you must also do likewise. Thank you but no thanks undecided
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Handsomeemmy(m): 9:23am On Sep 12, 2014
Unluvable:

I miss you tooooo.....life happened!

How is everything with you?

Everything is fine...good to have you back.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Vincad: 9:56am On Sep 12, 2014
I'm not crying. I just have something in my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Amhappy(f): 10:29am On Sep 12, 2014
So touching
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Tinyemeka(m): 10:32am On Sep 12, 2014
sweettease: How can your eyes not water? embarassed
For what?
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 12, 2014
Vincad: I'm not crying. I just have something in my eyes.
Sure,I trust U&I like dat....
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by kazzi11(m): 11:27am On Sep 12, 2014
I have the best of them all, the Trusts pictures from the Kenyan mall attack.These pictures shows the heroism of a Muslim Kenyan man who initiated the rescue of victims during the Kenyan mall attacks, the picture of the the little girl running towards him for safety was the best picture to show trust.

3 Likes

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by deletrue: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
xtervaganza: Question for d op

How did u manage to have an archive of such disturbing pictures?

How do u manage to sleep?
Why the op no dey tell us where hin get this pix? Op tell us pls.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by pen2(m): 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sile12: 65. Robert Peraza, who lost his son, mourns 10 years after the 9/11 terror attacks [2011].

66. An Egyptian woman kisses a policeman, who had refused to fire on protestors, during the revolution against the Mubarak Government [2011]

67. Advertisement for Atabrine, anti-malaria drug, in Papua, New Guinea during WWII.

68. World Trade Center 9/11, the moment planes crashed in.

So touching! However, these shouldn't just evoke strong emotions which we will forget soon, they should inspire us to do more for humanity; you can't do all, but do your bit, within your ability for that neighbour, friend, etc.
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by onyenro(m): 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
Baby and vulture

this happened when a child was crawling to a food Centre. the journalist was criticized and he later committed suicide for not doing enough

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Gudiza(m): 3:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
Not moved at all so somethings definately wrong with me. Lol

only thing that got me thinking was the courage displayed by a little Japanese boy carrying his only family (dead baby brother) to the crematorium, watching d guy burn and not shedding a single tear. 2 me d boy is the hero cos even at his age, he understands what needs to be done.

I'll draw a parallel btw this boy and africans. We, Africans, need heroes, not empathisers. We need people like that little boy to, though down, get us back on our feet and, together with our african brethren, shed whatever weight/image pulling us down, rather than fold our arms and wait for oyinbo who would then snap pics further enforcing the very image we want rid.

over time, my concern has been the realisation that black folks have somewhat been conditioned to empathise more with white /arab mans suffering than their fellow black man while on the reverse, its inverse undecided....sorry, dats btw

@Pic 8. Is that a living being or a fossil?
nice list grin

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by okeyben10: 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
Great collection you gat here OP. You just told a very beautiful story with this beautiful graphics...m so adding them to my archive

BTW...all yuh threads r interesting. *following*
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by keenn: 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
jossymife: I've taken my time to go through all the touching pictures and my conclusion is that I have only enjoyed God's mercy and protection from such calamities before and now.
Lord, I'm grateful and what about you?

I can't believe some faithfuls can with all sincerity of heart think they are safe because God decide to show them mercy/grace. What would u expect the young-elder brother that carried his dead younger brother to b cremated say? Or ar u saying the D starving armenian children that were teased with a piece of bread lack God's grace or God in His highest glory descide not to extend grace to them but to you because you are special? Indeed, we can b grateful for His protection, but concerning Calamity; time, chance and unforeseen occurrence befall us all, and not because of the absence of a grace. Pleeaasssee!

1 Like

Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Darey00(m): 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
am really moved but the most touching pic I've ever seen got to be d hungry boy being watched by a vulture.. I read that d photographer was so disturbed he committed suicide.. that is something!
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by onyenro(m): 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
Darey00: am really moved but the most touching pic I've ever seen got to be d hungry boy being watched by a vulture.. I read that d photographer was so disturbed he committed suicide.. that is something!
He committed suicide because he was heavyly criticized for focusing on taking a photo rather than helping the crawling Anty starving girl whose fate was never known
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by smajatt(m): 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
this is the best thread i have seen this year on nl. so touching.... it is really thought provoking.... cry
Re: Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. by Emary(f): 9:48am On Sep 13, 2014
onyenro:
He committed suicide because he was heavyly criticized for focusing on taking a photo rather than helping the crawling Anty starving girl whose fate was never known

It wasn't entirely his fault. At the time, he (as a journalist) was bound by laws not to interfere with situations like this though he could have challenged it.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Attain The Age Of 30-35years / Nominee For Nairaland AWARDS / The Python Soldiers Killed At Their Battalion Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.