Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. (3497 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Members Whatsapp Group / Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 5:04am On Sep 12, 2014
brocab: The tithe was set up by the Roman Catholic Church at the beginning, and its a shame that other churches around the globe had caught on to that decieving lie. And in these sad day's people are told to give their 10%, while leaders are qwisting words around to suit a tithers needs. Not reading the bible but taken words out. And as many churches we have today use Malachi 3-10 or Hebrews 7, against the believers to recieve a percentage from each and every person that sits in church. You will be cursed, robbing God if you don't tithe, Jesus being the high priest lived on the streets, ripped off by the tithers not paying him tithes. Wasn't Jesus worthy to recieve tithes? And yet our priest{pastors} in today's churches are buying big houses, fancy cars and traveling. Whats wrong with this picture? And why didn't God the Father help him to recieve tithes? Something isn't adding up? James 2-5 Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom. Jesus performing miracles, healing all kinds of sickness, the blind now see, walked on water, and died for his people. We don't see that in our churches today? I'm not against supporting the churches, but using the tithing message and qwisting words around to suit a tithers needs, is not Bible. The truth will set you free.
my friend tithe is not a must. d emphasis should be on giving to God and fellow man. pls allow pastors to be. or is it wrong to have a house, cars etc? dnt u know that there are people willing to give their pastors anything to make them comfortable? do u even know how many students we support in our church including widows and orphans? pls dnt say what u dnt know till u are sure.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Spuggie: 7:05am On Sep 12, 2014
Ukutsgp: how is that ur business. are pastors not entitled to live a good life? so they should die wretched because they are pastors abi? what's wrong if they build schools and universities? is rcc nt building schools too?
pls tell me if there are no poor people in ur church? pls people are even willingly donating to assist the work of God and u ar here blabbing. like i said we dnt endorse self service in my church and we dnt exploit people. if u have u give and if u dnt hv u stay. nobody will be forced to give. but how does this stop d catholic from being a false church?

you don't get it, do you? so, pastors have to live a comfortable life then they go all out to swindle people?If they have a regular job or business and make a living from it, that will be great and no one will have an issue with it but defrauding people and coercing them to give tithes and offerings is not legit.
You know, this ur post is ill-timed, illogical and a total waste of time. I would have thought you will be in prayers for Pastor chris and maybe also advise him on some of his controversial doctrines.....thats what a good pentecostal brother should do rather than channelling your energy on lost cause. I had earlier advised u to put ur house in order so that people can take u seriously when you talk.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Spuggie: 7:19am On Sep 12, 2014
The catholic church will continue to grow because people are becoming aware of the tithing and special offering scam in pentecostal churches. Pastors are faking miracles, getting richer at the expense of their clients.....selling false hopes to the sick, poor, desperate and gullible while exploiting them at the same time. The rich are not sparred, they are ripped off. People are able to see through the smokescreen.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 9:22am On Sep 12, 2014
People do not realize that counterfeit
religions, like counterfeit money,
must resemble the genuine in order
to deceive those who lack spiritual
discernment or those who have not
had the opportunity or taken the time
to carefully compare all the major
tenets of Roman Catholicism with the
truth of God's Word. Only when one
compares men's words with Scripture
will it become obvious that Roman
Catholicism is a carefully crafted
counterfeit, not the pure, genuine,
Biblical faith.
Jesus Christ plainly taught that Mary
was on the same plane with all other
Christians who would do the will of
God. In Mark 3:31-35 we read:
"There came then his brethren and
his mother, and, standing without,
sent unto him, calling him. And the
multitude sat about him, and they
said unto him, Behold, thy mother
and thy brethren without seek for
thee. And he answered them, saying,
Who is my mother, or my brethren?
And he looked round about on them
which sat about him, and said,
Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of
God, the same is my brother, and my
sister, and mother. "
Do not avoid the truth here on the
authority of Jesus Christ, "Whosoever
shall do the will of God, the same is
my brother, and my sister, and
mother." And when one heard Jesus
and cried out, "Blessed is the womb
that bare thee, and the paps which
thou hast sucked, "Jesus answered,
"Yea rather, blessed are they that
hear the word of God, and keep
it." (Luke 11:27-28) There is no hint
in the Bible that New Testament
Christians ever regarded Mary as
more than a good woman. She had
no authority among the apostles. No
one was taught to pray to her, to do
her homage, to adore her, or to
partake of the unscriptural worship
which Catholics do, but call it by
other names.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 9:24am On Sep 12, 2014
To deny that Roman Catholicism is a
cult is to repudiate the reformation
and mock the millions of martyrs who
died at Rome's hands. The "Christ" of
Roman Catholicism is just as false
as its "Mary." Remember that a cult
according to the Word of God is any
group of people that worship
anything or anyone other than Jesus
Christ, and believe anything contrary
to His word as recorded in the Bible.
Roman Catholicism is not truly
Christian, but is in fact an offshoot of
Christianity and the largest and
oldest "Christian" cult in the world. In
addition, the display of adoration, the
gaudy parade of a mere man as if he
were a god, the pandering to
idolatrous worship through bowing
down and kissing his ring, the
insistence that he be addressed as
"His Holiness the Pope" or "Father"
of all Christians cannot but confirm
to any Christian that the Roman
Catholic church is a cult.
The Scriptures use terms such as
"apostasy," "false teacher," "false
prophet," "error," "seducer," "heretic,"
and "doctrines of devils" to describe
impure doctrine. The Roman Catholic
Church meets every Bible criteria for
apostasy, which is a turning away
from and rejection of the truth. Its
gospel is false, and thus is cursed of
God (Galatians 1:cool. It has exalted
its own man-made traditions to the
level of Holy Scripture, and thus
worships God in vain (Matthew
15:1-9). Its leaders are false
prophets; its dogmas are doctrines of
devils; its Papacy is antichrist. What
does God say regarding an apostate
entity? Does He say we should find
positive ways to see that entity? Does
He say we should try to find common
ground through which we can share
and discuss the gospel in love and
understanding? No, God says, "Come
out of her, my people, that ye be not
partakers of her sins, and that ye
receive not of her
plagues!" (Revelation 18:4). We know
that the Roman Catholic church has
become an expert in taking various
ideas or traditions and mixing them
together into its system of religion.
The Roman Catholic church always
has been and continues to be a false
church. The Biblical doctrines it
professes to believe and teach are
perverted by doctrine based upon
tradition that contradicts the Bible,
God's infallible Word. Error is never
more deceptive than when it is
presented with a mask of truth. The
leaders of the Catholic Church have
always fit the description of the false
teachers who God warned in advance
would come on the scene in the last
days, deceiving many with their
counterfeit words - as described in II
Peter 2:1-3, 18, 19.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2014
Spuggie: The catholic church will continue to grow because people are becoming aware of the tithing and special offering scam in pentecostal churches. Pastors are faking miracles, getting richer at the expense of their clients.....selling false hopes to the sick, poor, desperate and gullible while exploiting them at the same time. The rich are not sparred, they are ripped off. People are able to see through the smokescreen.
To deny that Roman Catholicism is a
cult is to repudiate the reformation
and mock the millions of martyrs who
died at Rome's hands. The "Christ" of
Roman Catholicism is just as false
as its "Mary." Remember that a cult
according to the Word of God is any
group of people that worship
anything or anyone other than Jesus
Christ, and believe anything contrary
to His word as recorded in the Bible.
Roman Catholicism is not truly
Christian, but is in fact an offshoot of
Christianity and the largest and
oldest "Christian" cult in the world. In
addition, the display of adoration, the
gaudy parade of a mere man as if he
were a god, the pandering to
idolatrous worship through bowing
down and kissing his ring, the
insistence that he be addressed as
"His Holiness the Pope" or "Father"
of all Christians cannot but confirm
to any Christian that the Roman
Catholic church is a cult.
The Scriptures use terms such as
"apostasy," "false teacher," "false
prophet," "error," "seducer," "heretic,"
and "doctrines of devils" to describe
impure doctrine. The Roman Catholic
Church meets every Bible criteria for
apostasy, which is a turning away
from and rejection of the truth. Its
gospel is false, and thus is cursed of
God (Galatians 1:cool. It has exalted
its own man-made traditions to the
level of Holy Scripture, and thus
worships God in vain (Matthew
15:1-9). Its leaders are false
prophets; its dogmas are doctrines of
devils; its Papacy is antichrist. What
does God say regarding an apostate
entity? Does He say we should find
positive ways to see that entity? Does
He say we should try to find common
ground through which we can share
and discuss the gospel in love and
understanding? No, God says, "Come
out of her, my people, that ye be not
partakers of her sins, and that ye
receive not of her
plagues!" (Revelation 18:4). We know
that the Roman Catholic church has
become an expert in taking various
ideas or traditions and mixing them
together into its system of religion.
The Roman Catholic church always
has been and continues to be a false
church. The Biblical doctrines it
professes to believe and teach are
perverted by doctrine based upon
tradition that contradicts the Bible,
God's infallible Word. Error is never
more deceptive than when it is
presented with a mask of truth. The
leaders of the Catholic Church have
always fit the description of the false
teachers who God warned in advance
would come on the scene in the last
days, deceiving many with their
counterfeit words - as described in II
Peter 2:1-3, 18, 19.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 12, 2014
Ukutsgp: the rosary is also of pagan origin.

December 25 also has a pagan origin.

What is your point? You are just gibbering.

1 Like

Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 12, 2014
Ukutsgp: take note. the catholic follow d traditions of men. the heathen traditions

And you follow the traditions of angels, right? Don't you pay tithe? Isn't that a Jewish custom?

1 Like

Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2014
Ukutsgp:
Today what we see are images of Jesus and
Mary all over the RCC. Today what we see are
people kissing and bowing down to these lifeless
forms rather than take their cases to Jesus, the
greatest physician.

You run around for Adeboye and others when you should pray to God by yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 12, 2014
pweedyuz: nd how are u so sure dat d way u worship/wat u believe in is d ryt one nd d ryt path to follow

plss leave d catholics let dem worship in their own way
face ur own nd stop judging....

dnt cum here blabbing if uve gat ntn to do!!!!
Catholic Church is the Anti Christ described in Daniel 7
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:06am On Sep 12, 2014
hifaif:

And you follow the traditions of angels, right? Don't you pay tithe? Isn't that a Jewish custom?
i dnt pay tithe.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:09am On Sep 12, 2014
hifaif:

December 25 also has a pagan origin.

What is your point? You are just gibbering.
is d rosary not from pagan stuff? i just pity u people.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:10am On Sep 12, 2014
enigmaotr:
Catholic Church is the Anti Christ described in Daniel 7
no doubt.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by holygeral(m): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2014
y do people lik bothering demselves abt catholicism ............pls let us b!
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2014
hifaif:

You run around for Adeboye and others when you should pray to God by yourself.

i dnt attend rccg.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 12, 2014
How can a supposed Church of God boasts of changing the time and laws of God! They've claimed the glory of changing the Sabbath to Sunday outside the authority of the Scripture. Read Daniel 7:25 and see what the Bible says about the Anti Christ and compare to what Catholic Church is doing.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:14am On Sep 12, 2014
pls what is fake is fake. rcc is fake. get that. let it sink into d head of the gullible catholic members.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:17am On Sep 12, 2014
holygeral: y do people lik bothering demselves abt catholicism ............pls let us b!
we dnt want u to continue deceiving people and leading them astray.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:19am On Sep 12, 2014
enigmaotr: How can a supposed Church of God boasts of changing the time and laws of God! They've claimed the glory of changing the Sabbath to Sunday outside the authority of the Scripture. Read Daniel 7:25 and see what the Bible says about the Anti Christ and compare to what Catholic Church is doing.
u hv to read about d Vatican and see for urself.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 12, 2014
Ukutsgp: i dnt attend rccg.

Others, including your supposedly anointed pastor

1 Like

Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 12, 2014
Ukutsgp: is d rosary not from pagan stuff? i just pity u people.

Is December 25 'not from pagan stuff'?

1 Like

Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 12, 2014
Ukutsgp: pls stop acting like a child and speaking rubbish. stop littering ur church with images. bowing down to d work of ur hand. that is nt christianity.

I am a freethinker, not a Christian, but I hate to see people like you try to stuff your beliefs down the throats of other Christians like you.

Before you continue ranting, why not first advise your pastors to remove their pix from the signboards in their church premises. The last time I checked, your God said he wouldn't share his glory with any man. If he can get angry at people bowing to idols, you think he would smile when he gets to your church and sees your pastor's pix printed boldly on a signboard in front of his own church.

One thing I have never seen with Catholic churches, is pix of priests or popes on signboards. At least, they respect their Christian belief that the church belongs to no one but Christ.

2 Likes

Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 12, 2014
Revelation 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God...
Below are some quotes from the Catholic Church:
"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all the power in heaven and earth" (Pope Pius V).

"To believe that our lord God the Pope has not the pope to decree as he is decreed is to be deemed heretical" ( the gloss "Extravagantes" o.f Pope John XII cum inter... 1685)

"this Judicial authority will even include the power to forgive sins"(Catholic Encyclopaedia vol XII, article 'Pope' p 265)

"not the Creator of the universe in Genesis 2:1-3, but the catholic church can claim the honor of having granted man a pause to his works every seven days"(S.C Mosnia, Storia della domenica, 1969 p. 366-367)

"The Pope has the authority to change time, to abrogate laws, and dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ. The Pope has the authority and often exercise it, to dispense with the command of Christ" (Decretal, de Translic episcope. Cap( The Pope can modify divine laws) Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary)
Many and more of these quotes are enough reason to show the true color of the Catholic Church. Compare the last quote with Daniel 7:25
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
hifaif:

I am a freethinker, not a Christian, but I hate to see people like you try to stuff your beliefs down the throats of other Christians like you.

Before you continue ranting, why not first advise your pastors to remove their pix from the signboards in their church premises. The last time I checked, your God said he wouldn't share his glory with any man. If he can get angry at people bowing to idols, you think he would smile when he gets to your church and sees your pastor's pix printed boldly on a signboard in front of his own church.

One thing I have never seen with Catholic churches, is pix of priests or popes on signboards. At least, they respect their Christian belief that the church belongs to no one but Christ.
when u are making a sensible comments l will know. so u know dat he get angry at people bowing to d works of their hands? i dnt know before. see, catholic should just admit that they are not a church instead of posing as one. that is my pain.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
enigmaotr: Revelation 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God...
Below are some quotes from the Catholic Church:
"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all the power in heaven and earth" (Pope Pius V).

"To believe that our lord God the Pope has not the pope to decree as he is decreed is to be deemed heretical" ( the gloss "Extravagantes" o.f Pope John XII cum inter... 1685)

"this Judicial authority will even include the power to forgive sins"(Catholic Encyclopaedia vol XII, article 'Pope' p 265)

"not the Creator of the universe in Genesis 2:1-3, but the catholic church can claim the honor of having granted man a pause to his works every seven days"(S.C Mosnia, Storia della domenica, 1969 p. 366-367)

"The Pope has the authority to change time, to abrogate laws, and dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ. The Pope has the authority and often exercise it, to dispense with the command of Christ" (Decretal, de Translic episcope. Cap( The Pope can modify divine laws) Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary)
Many and more of these quotes are enough reason to show the true color of the Catholic Church. Compare the last quote with Daniel 7:25
could u imagine this height of blasphemy. at least no penticostal pastors will ever say this. it is a shame. catholic is a disgrace to Christendom .
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ukutsgp: could u imagine this height of blasphemy. at least no penticostal pastors will ever say this. it is a shame. catholic is a disgrace to Christendom .
Don't blame them, they're just being exactly what the Bible says they are. Remember, the Scripture can never be broken. Their next step would be to legalise sunday worship and that's the biggest deal of the end time
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Spuggie: 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
@op, its really appalling u are coming up with this at a time the popularity of the pentecostal church is at all time low especially with the show of shame by pastor chris.......one would have thought you will be busy with damage limitation rather than crying wolf from rooftop
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by onyfrank: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ukutsgp: nt what i believe but what every true child of God believes. i.e in Jesus christ our lord.

we have been called to declare this message in this end time.
take ur message to the mosque, to d hinduism, buddahism, pagan, and other non xtian places, like bagdad, etc. Leave catholic alone. U guys think that repentance is when u leave catholic church.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by brocab: 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
You maybe right in some cases, no religion at any cost would take away true believers in Christ. It was religion that had started this lie to tithe. The Roman Catholic Church, like the Catholic's worship idiol's, the lord forbids us; not to do it.. Its the Catholic religious Churches that are over rated in the money scam. it's a proving fact. Both Pentecostal and Catholic's have there fare share in crimminal activity-around the globe. We have heard our fare share reading news papers, watching Tv, about our beloved religious priest who hide behind religion. Those who choose to rape young children. Yes and the Pentecostal preachers some are bashng their own wife's, also children, those that hide behind the cross. Ripping off our beloved believers, we hear of broken marriages, drugs and rock & roll, murder, happening among our Christain faith. its sad, but it's happening. And the worst part about this is, it's happening in the same churches we all sit in, today.
Spuggie: The catholic church will continue to grow because people are becoming aware of the tithing and special offering scam in pentecostal churches. Pastors are faking miracles, getting richer at the expense of their clients.....selling false hopes to the sick, poor, desperate and gullible while exploiting them at the same time. The rich are not sparred, they are ripped off. People are able to see through the smokescreen.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
onyfrank:
take ur message to the mosque, to d hinduism, buddahism, pagan, and other non xtian places, like bagdad, etc. Leave catholic alone. U guys think that repentance is when u leave catholic church.
repentance is more than that but it include that. i preach to everybody including d catholic members.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2014
Spuggie: @op, its really appalling u are coming up with this at a time the popularity of the pentecostal church is at all time low especially with the show of shame by pastor chris.......one would have thought you will be busy with damage limitation rather than crying wolf from rooftop
listen to me. pastor chris is nt my pastor. i dnt look to pastor to direct me. the bible said i should look up to Jesus and nt pastor chris, Oyedepo, Adeboye and others. the word of God which is a lamp to my feet and a light unto my path is there to guide me.
Re: The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. by Spuggie: 5:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ukutsgp: could u imagine this height of blasphemy. at least no penticostal pastors will ever say this. it is a shame. catholic is a disgrace to Christendom .

You are a defender of pentecostalism evidenced by the quoted message, just wondering why you are distancing yourself from pastor chris and the other mega pastors....I told you before, please, leave catholics alone and face ur own problems. I am not sure if catholics are a shame to christendom but when leading pentecostal pastors endorse self servicing, rip off its members, stage miracles and make attention seeking prophecies surely they don't qualify to be called Christians......unfortunately, thats what pentecostals are about.
You have a huge task on ur hands if u want to change the world but i suggest you start from pentecostals so that you can see clearly while correcting the catholics, that is if there is anything to be corrected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Blesses Christ Embassy Xasophonist With 100million Naira / Holy Mary Or Subtle Demon? / Mavenbox's Claims - Paradise Is In Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.