Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Nigeria's Boko Haram Puts Maiduguri Under 'siege' - BBC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Boko Haram Puts Maiduguri Under 'siege' - BBC (2681 Views)

Boko Haram: Maiduguri Under Heavy Artillery Attack / North Under Siege Because Of Buhari —gov Lamido / Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Boko Haram Puts Maiduguri Under 'siege' - BBC by Jakpon: 9:54am On Sep 12, 2014
There is a heavy fighting in the Koduna axis right now
Re: Nigeria's Boko Haram Puts Maiduguri Under 'siege' - BBC by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 12, 2014
Jakpon: Big fat lie ! Boko haram is still in control of all these areas in Borno

The NA is only engaging Boko Haram in Mubi, Madagali, Michika, Gulak all within the Adamawa state axis whilst the fronts in Borno state have been abandoned after the Air raid on Bama.

The NA is foolishly falling for Boko Haram's trick. Boko's ploy is to deflect attention from Borno state by assaulting Michika-Madagali-Gulak in adamawa state which they did/are doing 'succesfully'

Boko's goal is to attack Maiduguri and as things stands now, Maiduguri is surrounded and under the threat of an imminent attack

Point of correction - Mubi has not been attacked.

They can't even go near maiduguri.

I don't understand the force and zeal with which you guys report on the 'fake victories' of boko haram. Boko haram are being killed in their hundreds on a daily basis and I am glad the military authorities are silent about it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Boko Haram Puts Maiduguri Under 'siege' - BBC by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 12, 2014
Jakpon: Big fat lie ! Boko haram is still in control of all these areas in Borno

The NA is only engaging Boko Haram in Mubi, Madagali, Michika, Gulak all within the Adamawa state axis whilst the fronts in Borno state have been abandoned after the Air raid on Bama.

The NA is foolishly falling for Boko Haram's trick. Boko's ploy is to deflect attention from Borno state by assaulting Michika-Madagali-Gulak in adamawa state which they did/are doing 'succesfully'

Boko's goal is to attack Maiduguri and as things stands now, Maiduguri is surrounded and under the threat of an imminent attack

I don't understand the force and zeal with which you guys report on the 'fake victories' of boko haram. Boko haram are being killed in their hundreds on a daily basis and I am glad the military authorities are silent about it.

It would be foolish of boko haram to attack maiduguri as depleted as they are presently.
Re: Nigeria's Boko Haram Puts Maiduguri Under 'siege' - BBC by PapiWata: 11:13am On Sep 12, 2014
To Nairaland writers living in the Maiduguri area of north eastern Nigeria, may I first congratulate you all on having the balls of steel that are needed to live so close to Nigeria's ground zero for terror attacks.

Cutting to the chase without further ado, what is the true state of affairs in Maiduguri and along the roads connecting that desert town with the rest of the country ?

Can you hear gunshots and explosions off in the distance ?

Is there free, unhindered passage for vehicular traffic along the highways in and out of Maiduguri ?

Can you hear or see military aircraft circling overhead, or off in the distance ?

Do you notice any change in the tone of local radio broadcasts ?

Have you noticed any sudden change in the number of trucks on the highways, and the number conveying groups of soldiers or "civilian" men ?

is there any noticeable change in the number of military check-points, and in the general demeanor of the troops posted to check vehicles ?

Inquiring minds want to know the answers to these urgent questions.
Re: Nigeria's Boko Haram Puts Maiduguri Under 'siege' - BBC by komekn(m): 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
texazzpete:

Such a silly post.

There are hundreds of thousands of 'Borno Elders'. the vast majority of them have nothing to do with Boko Haram. I hate this pathetic and lazy attempts to blame the victim that some of you half-wits love to do. I think it masks some really terrible religious and ethnic bias that some of you are not even ashamed to broadcast to the world.

We hear the same thing all the time about how youths are the ones helping Boko Haram. Even the most optimistic count of Boko Haram fighter strength does not put them at up to 10,000 fighters. Yet there are more than 30 million Northern youths. That's 0.03%. And yet you people will turn around to blame Northerners.

The Northern elders are your fellow Nigerians. It is their daughters that will be raped and kidnapped, their sons that will be killed. Their homes that will be destroyed. Why should they not complain? Why should they not fear? You think the populace being ruled by ISIS aren't being cowed by fear? You think the vast majority of people of Mogadishu have love for the Al-Shabaab thugs that rape their daughters and kill their people?

I'm always stunned by the casual indifference you cretins have towards your fellow countrymen. It only seems to count that they are Nigerians when they play for the Super Eagles. I consider people like you little more than traitors to this nation. Scum like you deserve no respect.

I cannot remember ever damning the entire people of Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta state for the activities of MEND. I cannot remember any attempt to blame everyone in Lagos for the activities of armed robbers in the region that live in the states. You bigoted traitors can f**k right off.

Very well said thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Boko Haram Puts Maiduguri Under 'siege' - BBC by komekn(m): 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
tokunboh:

I don't understand the force and zeal with which you guys report on the 'fake victories' of boko haram. Boko haram are being killed in their hundreds on a daily basis and I am glad the military authorities are silent about it.

It would be foolish of boko haram to attack maiduguri as depleted as they are presently.

What we have is SYSTEMATIC COMPREHENSIVE INFORMATION DISSEMINATION FAILURE

There are principles and universally accepted best practices with regard to information dissemination which are interdependent and interrelated, the Federal government and the NA have simply been incompetent contradicting themselves explanations defying rational and logic. Different tiers of government with different takes on the same incidents.

There has been a failure of the general citizenry to report, post and present information using the plethora of social media portals and other mediums available, in this regard there must be hundred of thousands of mobile phones if not millions and a good % will have camera phones. If you go on just Youtube you will find close to millions of footage of the conflicts in Iraq (ISIS) Afghanistan, Mali, C.A.R., Libya, Syria , Somalia, etc. The come to Nigeria Boko almost nothing, i am asking for dead bodies but citizen reports about the reality of this war.

Because of this lack of verifiable information rumours are rife, and to make things even worse the whole issue is being politicised and if BBC report and don't report its not bias but a reflection of the dire circumstances of non information, restriction and misinformation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking !!!dangote Sues Zambian Labour Minister Over Bribe Claim / I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose / 2015: Jonathan ’ll Divide Nigeria, Says Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.