Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. (33044 Views)

‘prophetess’ Arrested For Abducting, Duping Man (picture) / 3 Pastors & 1 Herbalist Arrested For Abducting Nigerian Returning From Abroad. / Police Nab Herbalist For Abducting Lovers For Ritual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
onoja12: unfortunately the machine is only been used in review cases,which means he would first have to be wrongly convicted and then after years of serving jail time file for a review

Nope....DNA is now part of routine crime work.

The cases you see cleared are those convicted long before DNA testing was developed.(like back in the 70's for instance).

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
The guy could be one of those pimps acting as though he has good relationship with the girl playing it on a low level for sometime. The day the girl intends to leave and get fed up of his domestic violence he would chase her around the street and angrily molest her and take her home where he would further assault her sexually. I think the girl could be a Nigerian he took from home or who has been living with him in States.

What a savage indeed. Big head with ugly face!
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by agentzakky(m): 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
@OP, the incident happened in Pennsylvania not MA. The Brookline is not the one in Massachusetts.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by emmasky90(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hmmmm...

ndi igbo anyi na enye nsogbu

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by masqot(m): 9:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
Unionised: Nope.

No way.

We don't molest here.

He must be an American.

Why must the bad ones be ours?

clean2: That guy is just a fake igbo wanna be . The igbo world wide council disowns him as one of our own . He is an american full blooded

I love these comments and the likes. Whatever, Nigerians condemn this act. That guy is not one of us cos that's not what we stand for. I believe strongly if our political and religious leaders would express their condemnation of the current terrorism in the Northern part, the insurgents and their accomplices would go into hiding.
I look forward to a time when we'll come out boldly, without mincing words, and look straight in the eyes of our leaders and tell them "No! Enough is enough". I mean without any bias, ethnic or religious affiliation, we make them realize the current trend is no more popular.
However, the change must start from each individuals first. GOD bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
donodion:
to me the story does not add up.

1 .he grabbed her and took her to bush for forceful sexual encounter.
2 .He later took her to his place ( no screaming,hopping out of a moving vehicle,no drama at all) and she followed him home for further forceful sexual encounter.
3. Much later " she escaped" amd call for help.
4. Neighbors confirmed hes not wild nor a love-vendor, so surprised at the allegations

To me this was " a deal " gone wrong and definately something does not add up.

how come we've not heard the side of. " the suspect" as the report only presented that of the " victim".

I believe they know each other, most likely in a relationship. The girl may have willingly followed him into the bush and house but reluctantly had sex with him or not give 100% consent.

A lot of Nigerian believe that it's until you use excessive force before harassment or rape can be charged.
Like someone posted earlier, looking at a woman in a funny way can be termed sexual harassment.

Same thing I was telling guys on the travel section Canada student visa thread that they should be careful with American girls, when they were bragging on about how Nigerian girls were doing yanga and American girls being friendly and all that.

I won't be surprised this okorie guy is a student. My advice to Naija guys wey just dey enter obodo oyibo on any type of visa. If you are having konji, patronize prostitutes(even though they are dangerous too) instead of searching for free p*ssies via dating.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by deebsman1(m): 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
dani1luv:

http://headlines.ng/news/nigerian-man-arrested-abducting-raping-woman-u-s/

I have just 2 obs, no 1- one of d reasons y yankee take beta nija small, bail fee set @ $150k, if na nija 5k or 10k go settle d case. 2- everybody dey hustle go yankee go make moni, dude enta yankee go dey rape, fake prick.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Has anyone corroborated the woman's allegations?
Is there any evidence?

This just sounds incredible to me.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
This na fowl play jere!
He's not an Nigerian
cheesy tongue
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by ubaobi: 9:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
Mistermamus: no mind em any country dem. Any country u find em problem problem problem dem just dey caused abeg.

u be mumu

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
experimentist: Is the guy Nigerian or Igbo?
Both. It's like saying; Is the guy British or welsh?.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Unionised(m): 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
masqot:

I love these comments and the likes. Whatever, Nigerians condemn this act. That guy is not one of us cos that's not what we stand for. I believe strongly if our political and religious leaders would express their condemnation of the current terrorism in the Northern part, the insurgents and their accomplices would go into hiding.
I look forward to a time when we'll come out boldly, without mincing words, and look straight in the eyes of our leaders and tell them "No! Enough is enough". I mean without any bias, ethnic or religious affiliation, we make them realize the current trend is no more popular.
However, the change must start from each individuals first. GOD bless Nigeria

Yep.

IT BEGINS WITH YOU...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by experimentist: 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
saxywale:
Both. It's like saying; Is the guy British or welsh?.
tell me something..cry
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by EbolaParasite: 10:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
saxywale:
I believe they know each other, most likely in a relationship. The girl may have willingly followed him into the bush and house but reluctantly had sex with him or not give 100% consent.

A lot of Nigerian believe that it's until you use excessive force before harassment or rape can be charged.
Like someone posted earlier, looking at a woman in a funny way can be termed sexual harassment.

Same thing I was telling guys on the travel section Canada student visa thread that they should be careful with American girls, when they were bragging on about how Nigerian girls were doing yanga and American girls being friendly and all that.

I won't be surprised this okorie guy is a student. My advice to Naija guys wey just dey enter obodo oyibo on any type of visa. If you are having konji, patronize prostitutes(even though they are dangerous too) instead of searching for free p*ssies via dating.

WTF shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
Want to lease or buy landed properties in Enugu? Looking 4 accomodation in Enugu? Cotact Mbaeze unique services on 08030888125,08089725197 or mbaezeo@gmail.com for genuine services.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by andyanders: 11:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
In America, anything can happen.Do not be surprised that the lady consented to whatever happened between her and the guy and maybe something went wrong and she just busted out and started screaming molest.

The blacks do that when they wanna put you into trouble since he is not an American. It's hard they try that on their own. Same thing they do to most celebrities. I pray the truth comes out but I pity him cus molest is a very big problem and a felony.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by onoja12: 12:05am On Sep 13, 2014
ok
bushdoc9919:

Nope....DNA is now part of routine crime work.

The cases you see cleared are those convicted long before DNA testing was developed.(like back in the 70's for instance).
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Dexema(m): 12:48am On Sep 13, 2014
softsparkyy:
Okay thanks.

Think I might just like u...jmo
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by InvertedHammer: 12:53am On Sep 13, 2014
/
I don't believe the story!

Guys...remember if you are humping a lady consensually and even if you are about to "cum" and she says STOP,
each hump thereafter is the number of years you will spend behind bars. The question is: Who is counting the
number of humps?

Bottom line, you have molested her and you are going down. It could be your wife, girlfriend or a treat. All she has to do
is yell R.APE!!!

So if in doubt, load up on Vaseline

\

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by bigfrancis21: 1:15am On Sep 13, 2014
cruise14: Another Samuel the rapis.t here!

Sorry, not that fast! If 2 - 3 ibos are on trials for rap.e crimes in a foreign country and not a single Yoruba has been accused of the same, so what do you have to back up your claim Out of abundance of rap.es you commit and get away in Nigeria you exported to even countries where your chances of getting away with it is slim.

If Yoruba rapist.s are more, then we should be hearing of Yoruba being locked and charged but, so far only ibos are facing rap.e trials because, they are the the rapist.s, you get as much as you give.

I think you should do more research yourself before laying out baseless claims.

3 Nigerian Brothers Charged with Kidnapping & Sexually Assaulting a 15 Year-Old Girl in the US
Three Nigerian born brothers have been accused of abducting a 15-year-old girl at gunpoint and sexually assaulting her. The brothers Aziz Animashaun, 22 (left), Isiaka Animashaun, 25 (centre), and Taiwo Animashaun, 26 (right) were among a total of five to six attackers who took the girl to a home and sexually assaulted her on 21st December 2012.

Chicago Tribune reports that the girl was taking care of her brother and throwing out the trash when an SUV with five to six men inside drove up.

Prosecutors say Aziz Animashaun, 22, jumped out of a black SUV at 8:30 p.m. on Dec. 21 and told the girl, who was taking out the trash, to get in the vehicle. When the girl refused, Animashaun allegedly knocked her unconscious by striking her with a handgun and then carried her to the SUV.

While searching the home where she was raped, the police found a used condom and a shiny antique handgun that matched the description of the one Animashaun is accused of using. DNA results from the condom were traced to one of the brothers, Taiwo Animashaun. Also, the 15 year-old girl identified Aziz Animashaun and Isiaka Animashaun as two of her attackers.

According to DNA Info.com, the girl heard the men speaking a language other than English while she was being forced to have sex with them. Based on her experience with a teacher who speaks a language spoken in Nigeria, she was able to identify that the men who attacked her spoke a similar language.

The victim managed to escape once the men were no longer in the room, Hamelly said. She ran from the location and and noticed the black SUV in a driveway, Hamelly said. Cops said that the victim made it home, and her sister called police.

The three Animashaun brothers are citizens of Nigeria but are longtime residents of the Chicago who live in the same neighborhood with the victim. Each brother faces one count of aggravated criminal sexual assault with a firearm and one count of kidnapping while armed with a firearm. No one else has been charged. The Judge ordered bail for Taiwo Animashaun set at $500,000, Aziz Animashaun set at $400,000 and Isiaka Animashaun set at $250,000.

The girl must have gone through a terrible ordeal in the hands of these young men and we pray she finds healing.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2013/02/07/3-nigerian-brothers-charged-with-kidnapping-sexually-assaulting-a-15-year-old-girl-in-the-us/

US-based Nigerian jailed 90 years for raping daughters

An award-winning Nigerian music director, Aswad Ayinde, found guilty of fathering children with his daughters, will spend the rest of his life in jail.

According to the Mail Online, Ayinde, 55, of Paterson, New Jersey, United States, was sentenced to 50 years in prison on Friday after being found guilty in the second of five expected trials, in which he is accused of repeatedly raping his six daughters, resulting in six children which he fathered.

Ayinde was found guilty in his latest trial of having intercourse with a daughter, when she was as young as eight years old. According to the Mail Online report, the second sentence adds to the 40 years sentence Ayinde received in a 2011 trial for sexually assaulting a separate daughter.

Ayinde is known for directing the music video for the Fugees 1996 smash hit, Killing Me Softly.

Fugees had international recording artistes like Wyclef Sean and Lauryn Hill.

In a disturbing disclosure during his first trial, Ayinde’s former wife said he was trying to create a “pure family bloodline” by impregnating his daughters.

He even claimed during a pre-trial hearing before the first trial that “the world was going to end, and it was just going to be him and his offspring and that he was chosen.”

[b]In this latest trial, it was revealed that Ayinde began having intercourse with his second daughter from the time she was eight years old, impregnating her four times.

The sexual assaults happened for almost 30 years until Ayinde and his wife separated, officials said.

[/b]They occurred in numerous homes across northern New Jersey, even while the family was under watch of state child welfare officials, according to NBC New York. Some of the rape episodes even took place in an abandoned funeral home.

The family, moving as far away as Florida to avoid investigation after case workers removed multiple children from Ayinde’s household in 2000, resulting in Ayinde being arrested for kidnapping for trying to take them from state custody in a medical center, NBC New York reported.

He pleaded guilty to lesser charges and received a year’s probation – as he continued raping one daughter for at least another two years, according to officials.

The depraved father also beat and starved the girls, using wooden boards and steel-toed boots for even “minor transgressions,” Ayinde’s wife was said to have testified at the first trial.

Some of the children Ayinde fathered with his daughters were born in the home, with at least two babies, who died in the home having been buried without notifying authorities or obtaining birth certificates, NBC New York reported.

Ayinde’s tortured daughters were home-schooled and isolated from other children, so as to keep the family secrets hidden, the station added.

With his wife too afraid to confront him, Ayinde carried out his evil plan without hindrance, even while directing the music video for the Fugees 1996 breakout hit, ‘Killing Me Softly, for which he won ‘Best R&B Video’ at the 1996 MTV Music Video Awards. The Fugees are also originally from Northern New Jersey.
http://www.punchng.com/news/us-based-nigerian-jailed-90-years-for-raping-daughters-2/

Crime is not limited to one tribe neither is one tribe genetically predisposed to crime.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by logica(m): 1:37am On Sep 13, 2014
bigfrancis21:
Crime is not limited to one tribe neither is one tribe genetically predisposed to crime.
Yeah yeah. FYI Aswad Ayinde is NOT Yoruba. He's an African American who adopted a Yoruba name. That's how ignoramuses went around talking about Nasir Jone's father (Oludara) being Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 13, 2014
That's how they go there and disgrace themselves and their families. No wonder most of them live miserable lives even after spending donkey years over there. Ewu gambia!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:59am On Sep 13, 2014
logica: Yeah yeah. FYI Aswad Ayinde is NOT Yoruba. He's an African American who adopted a Yoruba name. That's how ignoramuses went around talking about Nasir Jone's father (Oludara) being Nigerian.
True.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by laoma15(m): 2:31am On Sep 13, 2014
I don't belief this. Something is missing. I guess it's a se up. But I hope the police do a thorough investigation. The truth will definitely come out. People should not be quick in jumping into conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by bigfrancis21: 2:43am On Sep 13, 2014
logica: Yeah yeah. FYI Aswad Ayinde is NOT Yoruba. He's an African American who adopted a Yoruba name. That's how ignoramuses went around talking about Nasir Jone's father (Oludara) being Nigerian.
halix239: igbos, igbos igbos, always tarnishing da image of nigerians in foreign countries since 1900

Tell me also these ones below are not Nigerians too but adopted Yoruba names? How many south-westerners can be counted in the list below? 25? Maybe 26 south-westerners?

1) The most wanted Nigerians for crime in the USA are all Yorubas
http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headline/129784-the-most-wanted-nigerians-for-crime-in-the-usa-are-all-yorubas.html

They are our compatriots. But they operate in other shores. Their activities are an embarrassment to all of us. They indulge in crimes for which all of us should flinch. Indeed, the United States Secret Service and narcotics agents have dubbed the

18 as some of the most wanted on their list. A manhunt is on to arrest 15 of them. Already, three others have been arrested by Interpol officers in Lagos.

•Adebowale Shekoni (40)
•Abiodun Bakare (37)
•Rilwan Ayatonde Soetan (50)
•Kenneth Eromosele Abulu (36)
•Olselcita Folayan (41)
•Musiliu Balogun (40)
•Mutiat Titilola Olubi (51)
•Ahiata Folashade Price (46)
•Monsuratu Omoniyi Griggs(43)
•Ayodele Soyan (51)

•Ahuama Benjamin Okey (50)
•Basiratu Mojisola Bakare-Giles (47)
•Adegboyega Olukunle Odedina (36)
•Alex Ahmed Ero (51)
•Seye Richard Osinoiki(46)

ARRESTED

•Steve Adedeji
•Apampa Olayinka
•Olugbemiga Adebisi (a.k.a.) George Banks

They are wanted for multi-million dollar bank frauds, identity theft, drug pushing and, in the case of one of them, the rape of an expectant mother.

The Commissioner of Police in charge of Interpol, Mrs Atinuke Koyi confirmed the arrests of three of the suspects.

The United States Secret Service, US Drug Enforcement Administration(DEA), United States Marshals Service, the US. Postal Inspection Service and the office of the New York State Governor, David Paterson named some of those wanted as Adebowale Shekoni (40), Abiodun Bakare (37), Rilwan Ayatonde Soetan (50), Kenneth Eromosele Abulu (36), Olselcita Folayan (41), Musiliu Balogun (40) and Mutiat Titilola Olubi (51).The others are: Ahiata Folashade Price (46), Monsuratu Omoniyi Griggs (43), Ayodele Soyan (51), Ahuama Benjamin Okey (50), Basiratu Mojisola Bakare-Giles (47), Adegboyega Olukunle Odedina (36), Alex Ahmed Ero (51) and 46-year-old Seye Richard Osinoiki, who is wanted for the rape of the expectant mother.

Those already arrested are: Steve Adedeji, Apampa Olayinka and Olugbemiga Adebisi (a.k.a.) George Banks).

Reports say that the US Federal Bureau of Intelligence(FBI) has also embarked on a joint operation with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Special Fraud Unit (SFU) in Nigeria, to arrest others who may be hiding in the country.

In the US, the dragnet, according to Assistant Director of Criminal Investigations at the FBI, Chip Burrus, involves 56 field offices. He said: “We hope that publicity would help find and bring the fugitives to justice.”

Nigerian Compass learnt that Shekoni, who was residing in Atlanta, Georgia, was indicted for 13 bank frauds, conspiracy, passing counterfeit cheques, interstate travel in aid of racketeering and money laundering conspiracy. His case summary says he entered the United States illegally and had been involved with a counterfeit cheque cashing ring.

Those involved in cheque kitting frauds against multiple banks, which had caused the United States millions of dollars in losses to banks and merchants, usually open business accounts, mostly under gas station identities. They use the bank cheques to float between bank accounts and systematically withdraw money from these accounts prior to the banks awareness that the worthless cheques are either drawn from accounts with insufficient funds or closed accounts.

They also use worthless cheques drawn on the accounts to buy items from wholesale distributors.

The case against Soetan is listed thus: “Aggravated identity theft and fraud.”

The Secret Service, Miami office says: “Rilwan Soetan is a Nigerian national identified as part of an organised group responsible for the compromise of more than 2000 personal credit card reports. Subsequent aggravated identity theft/fraud perpetrated by Soetan and his group have resulted in significant financial losses.”

Bakare, who is wanted for financial crimes, is also accused of using a vehicle to knock down a Federal Officer while escaping arrest.

The case summary states: “This individual is wanted for charges related to financial crimes and assault on a federal officer. Bakare ran an elaborate financial scheme in which he used stolen personal information to open fraudulent credit card accounts.”

Folayan, a DEA- listed fugitive, is accused of Federal drug violations, including alleged conspiracy to distribute heroin in the Northern district of Illinois. His poster warns people not to attempt apprehending him. Rather, people who see him should alert the US Marshals Service.

A warning from the Secret Service on the fugitives says: “Do not attempt to apprehend any of these individuals. Contact the Secret Service or local police; or, if overseas, the nearest US Embassy or Consulate if you have information regarding these individuals.”

Federal Agents in the United States say that Musiliu Balogun, who has been on the run for about five years, was behind a drug distribution network, moving as much as 80 per cent of the white heroin coming into the United States from Southeast Asia.

When the ring was smashed, 24 suspects were arrested and over 72 kilogrammes of heroin seized. Balogun and his girlfriend Mutiat Titilola Olubi were identified as leaders of the drug cartel. They were once sighted in Togo and Thailand.

Born on September 5, 1963, in Ibadan, Oyo State, Balogun is believed to be one-metre seventy-six centimeters tall. He weighs 75 kilogrammes, has black hair and brown eyes.

Besides Mutiat Olubi, details of crimes committed by other Nigerian women who appeared on the Most Wanted list were also given.

One Ahiata Folashade Price is wanted for conspiracy to distribute heroin. Monsurat Omoniyi Griggs and Basiratu Bakare-Giles were accused of the same offence in different regions of the United States.

Detectives at the Detroit Division are still searching for Ahuama Benjamin Okey, identified as Fugitive NCIC-W163933955. He is wanted for alleged Federal Drug Violations and conspiracy to distribute heroin at the Eastern district of Michigan.

In the Maryland district, Odedina is wanted for bank fraud. US Postal Inspection Service in Colorado district is looking for Ahmed Ero over mail fraud.

Information at the Atlanta office of the Secret Service Agents shows that a 36-year-old Kenneth Eromosele Abulu is wanted for passing counterfeit currency and using false identification.

The US Secret Service investigative mission is to safeguard the payment and financial systems of the United States. It has been collaborating with Nigerian agencies striving to give the nation a good image.

“When they send specific request to us, we assist in tracking the criminals. But if they're looking for somebody and a formal request is not made, there is nothing we can do,” said Mrs Koyi, the Interpol boss.

She said following specific requests, her men arrested one 50-year-old Olugbemiga Adebisi aka George Banks. According to her, Banks was arrested at the Murtala The Great Prophet International Airport, Lagos on arrival from China where he had served a one- year jail term for bank fraud.

Detectives even wondered why the fugitive calls himself George Banks, the name of a Pennsylvania mass murderer, who shot 13 people in 1982 in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, five of them his own children.

In the US, the Nigerian George Banks was declared wanted for Access Device Fraud, Aggravated Identity theft, mail theft, social security number violations and other frauds. He allegedly escaped from New Hampshire to China and committed the same offences.

The Chinese authorities, however, got him.“Each time Adebisi commits the crimes, their monitor catches him. Yet, he kept on running from one country to another,” a source told Nigerian Compass.

In China, Adebisi seemed to have found wisdom in the saying “When you're in Rome, do like the Romans.” He bleached his skin and altered his features to look like the Chinese.

The two other persons in Interpol's net are Steve Adedeji and Apampa Olayinka. They were caught when they approached the US Embassy to renew their visas, thinking that the search for them was over.

Interestingly, the Interpol allowed them home on bail after the US Secret Service failed to respond to letters sent by the security outfit. Adedeji and Olayinka now report at the Interpol office at Alagbon every Monday.

The Commissioner of Police (CP), Special Fraud Unit (SFU), Mr Olayinka Balogun told Nigerian Compass that the SFU had been collaborating with international agencies to check the activities of fraudsters.

His words: “Generally, they send scam letters to us and ask us to help track some of these criminals. There are some cases that we are working on right now.”

On his part, EFCC's spokesman, Osita Nwaja admitted the anti-graft agency's collaboration with the American agencies, saying, “We have good working relationship with the major agencies around the world. FBI is one of the backbones of the EFCC, it has trained some of our people. We've worked extremely closely with them. We've had some joint operations in Lagos area and intercepted outbound mails sent by fraudsters with fake cheques and all sorts of documents. We're also working with the German police and the South African Scorpion. They have so much trust in the EFCC because of our achievements in the war against fraudsters over the years.

2) Nigerian couple jailed for N4.9bn UK fraud

Two members of a Nigerian gang, that executed an almost £19m (N4.9bn) global Internet banking scam, in which they hacked the accounts of nearly 2,500 people.

DailyMail reports that, Aderoju Bammeke, 22, and his girlfriend Jessica Ogunyemi, 20, both of Manchester, were the UK ‘platform’ for a Nigerian ‘phishing’ scam that made £41,000 (N10.6m) in just two months.

The gang reportedly sent fake emails to customers of banks in UK, including Barclays and Halifax.

The emails told recipients that their accounts had been hacked and asked them to complete a form with their log-in details.

But when victims obliged, Bammeke stepped in and helped the gang log in to steal money.

Investigators said Ogunyemi, who is a fashion marketing student, helped Bammeke launder the proceeds by putting funds in accounts, hiding cash and allowing him to buy her a £2,400 (N620,745)Vauxhall Corsa.

The Manchester Crown Court jailed Bammeke for three-and-a-half years after admitting conspiracy to commit fraud and unauthorised computer use.

Ogunyemi admitted five counts of money laundering and was given a suspended prison sentence.

Also, investigators found evidence of the scam on seven devices at Bammeke’s home, which had accessed 181 accounts from his address.

But Barclays found 2,439 customers had been affected and investigators say the true scale of the fraud will never be known.

Bammeke admitted he had been involved in the scam for more than a year. He played a ‘key role’ as England’s ‘platform’ for the scam, the court heard.

He said if the gang had tried to log into accounts from Nigeria it would have triggered the banks’ alarm systems.

Simon Nichol, defending Bammeke, said he felt regret and remorse for his actions.

He said his involvement – which began in an effort to tackle student debt – was ‘sporadic’ and although the scam was large scale with international dimensions, Bammeke’s part was not.

Michael Lavery, defending Ogunyemi, said she had brought shame on her family, including her train driver father and mother who works for Manchester council.

He said she had been ‘naive,’ she was predicted to get a first in her degree and was no longer in a relationship with Bammeke.
http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerian-couple-jailed-for-n4-9bn-uk-fraud/

3) Nigerians Take Kidnapping Abroad, 7 Arrested In Mexico

Authorities arrested 12 suspected kidnappers and rescued two captives in separate operations in Mexico, officials said. Federal Police officers arrested three suspected kidnappers, including a minor, in central Mexico and rescued a 14-year-old who had been abducted last month, the National Security Commission said.

The operation was conducted in the city of Huixquilucan, thanks to a tip from the public. Huixquilucan is in Mexico state, which surrounds the Federal District and forms part of the Mexico City metropolitan area.

Luis Eduardo Gaviño Chavez, 32, who handled negotiations and collected ransom payments, Ignacio Leyva Maldonado, 40, and an unidentified minor were arrested, officials said. State authorities, meanwhile, arrested nine suspected kidnappers, including seven Nigerians, and rescued a teenage girl abducted on June 20 in Mexico state.

Relatives of the 16-year-old victim, who was kidnapped outside her family’s house in the city of Nextlalpan, contacted authorities, the Mexico state Attorney General’s Office said. The victim was taken to a house in the city of Zumpango and the kidnappers contacted her family to demand a ransom payment, the AG’s office said.

Police arrested two suspects, one of whom is a minor, when they tried to collect the ransom and were led to the house where the victim was being held, the AG’s office said. Officers arrested the other seven suspects, all Nigerians, the AG’s office said.

Their names are: Kazeem Kolawole Anifowose, 29 year; Joseph Awolumate Olasunkanmi, 27 ; Adewalei Ogunsanu Kamoru, 27; Opeyem Aguda Kolawole, 25 ; Azeez Omotayo Eniola, 29 ; Lekan Owoseni Jamui, 22 ; Solomon Oyotunde Sonanque, 35 ; Julio César González Galindo, 26 yeas of age.

The Nigerians went to Mexico “some time ago (to work) for a computer repair company that no longer exists,” the AG’s office said in a statement.

http://riverinenews.com/2014/07/11/nigerians-take-kidnapping-abroad-7-arrested-in-mexico-see-photo/

By the foregoing enormous list above, should we quickly conclude that all yorubas are kidnappers, fraudsters, child molesters, and rapists?

My point remains that the act of one person should never be used to judge his entire tribe. If we were to follow that logic, consequentially then we might as well ascribe to the southwest names befitting of the above crimes its denizens have been arrested for.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 13, 2014
Unionised:
Nope.

No way.

We don't rapé here.

He must be an American.

This is the funniest post in the whole thread.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Nobody: 4:44am On Sep 13, 2014
Unionised: Nope.

No way.

We don't molest here.

He must be an American.

Why must the bad ones be ours?

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by k777(m): 5:16am On Sep 13, 2014
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by rexzqcom(m): 6:51am On Sep 13, 2014
This story get as e bi. Sounds too incredible to be true. Suspect a case of woman of easy virtue not being paid for her service, raising alarm and fabricating story to get back at her john. Descent women, even when raped, try by all means possible to protect identity, while seeking retributions. Only wayward street hustlers screams in the manner of this self acclaimed victim.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Tobiustobius: 7:24am On Sep 13, 2014
So much victim blaming on this thread. Disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by Muscomide: 8:16am On Sep 13, 2014

Help me tell the retard o!
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested For Abducting And Molesting A Woman In The U.S. by sarutobie(m): 8:36am On Sep 13, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Tell me also these ones below are not Nigerians too but adopted Yoruba names? How many south-westerners can be counted in the list below? 25? Maybe 26 south-westerners?

By the foregoing enormous list above, should we quickly conclude that all yorubas are kidnappers, fraudsters, child molesters, and rapists?

My point remains that the act of one person should never be used to judge his entire tribe. If we were to follow that logic, consequentially then we might as well ascribe to the southwest names befitting of the above crimes its denizens have been arrested for.
why you wan spoil show for those hopeless morons naa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Armed Robbers & Kidnappers Arrested By Anambra Police & Arms Recovered (Photos) / Angry Mob Sets Suspected Burglar Ablaze In Delta (Graphic Photos) / Father Of Jude Oguejiofor, Slain Anambra Lawyer, Falls And Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.