Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha (1548 Views)

Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / Hausa Leader Tells Buhari To Repair Federal Roads In Igboland / State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Abagworo(m): 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
I'll Repair Federal Roads If …--- Okorocha
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services
23 hours ago News

Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha has said that the state government will re-start work on some damaged Federal Government-owned roads in the state which the federal authorities failed to rehabilitate.

Okorocha made the statement at the official opening of Imo State Liaison Office, called Dee Sam Mbakwe House, in Abuja on Wednesday.

He said the Federal Government had stopped the state government from repairing the roads, namely Port Harcourt road and Airport Road, because they belonged to it.

“The Federal Government has refused to address some of the high issues relating to Imo State.

“The road is so bad and all I get is don’t construct, this is Federal Government property.

“I have given them the end of this year, if they do not do it, I will do those roads for my people,“ the governor said.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/i’ll-repair-federal-roads-if-…-okorocha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by chinazaekperem2: 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
To finish it when? When he's out of govt? This guy can't stop being a clown grin

5 Likes

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
Virtually all the Federal roads in the southeast are in a deplorable state. Its not even because Imo state has an APC governor. Even other states who are not in APC share similar experience.

As a matter of fact,the SE governors should declare a state of emergency on federal roads in the region and also tackle erosion problems as well.

3 Likes

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by chinazaekperem2: 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
berem: Virtually all the Federal roads in the southeast are in a deplorable state. Its not even because Imo state has an APC governor. Even other states who are not in APC share similar experience.

As a matter of fact,the SE governors should declare a state of emergency on federal roads in the region and also tackle erosion problems as well.
says berem the bigot, federal roads in SW are also bad. I know of lagos-ibadan exp, lagos- abeokuta, sagamu-papalanto are all in a bad state grin

3 Likes

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
dis guy sef and media him too like attention make we d observe till december
Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Iykopee(m): 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
Abagworo: I'll Repair Federal Roads If …--- Okorocha
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services
23 hours ago News

Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha has said that the state government will re-start work on some damaged Federal Government-owned roads in the state which the federal authorities failed to rehabilitate.

Okorocha made the statement at the official opening of Imo State Liaison Office, called Dee Sam Mbakwe House, in Abuja on Wednesday.

He said the Federal Government had stopped the state government from repairing the roads, namely Port Harcourt road and Airport Road, because they belonged to it.

“The Federal Government has refused to address some of the high issues relating to Imo State.

“The road is so bad and all I get is don’t construct, this is Federal Government property.

“I have given them the end of this year, if they do not do it, I will do those roads for my people,“ the governor said.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/i’ll-repair-federal-roads-if-…-okorocha

^^^ He shud keep waiting for FG. Blind and insensitive governor. He just woke up from sleep.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
chinazaekperem2: says berem , federal roads in SW are also bad. I know of lagos-ibadan exp, lagos- abeokuta, sagamu-papalanto are all in a bad state grin
so are we not both laying the same complaints against the FG?

Are you sure you are ok? undecided

4 Likes

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by abagoro(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
berem: Virtually all the Federal roads in the southeast are in a deplorable state. Its not even because Imo state has an APC governor. Even other states who are not in APC share similar experience.

The worst part of it all is that Igbo Governors are under blackmail and unable to speak out. I almost gave up until Okorocha just spoke out. Look at Abia State and all their federal roads. This goes to confirm my earlier confidence in Amaechi and Okorocha as stand outs and people with conscience.

1 Like

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by chinazaekperem2: 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
berem: so are we not both laying the same complaints against the FG?

Are you sure you are ok? undecided
don't be too specific, generalize it, let's fight like nigerians and not like southeasteners grin
Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
abagoro:

The worst part of it all is that Igbo Governors are under blackmail and unable to speak out. I almost gave up until Okorocha just spoke out. Look at Abia State and all their federal roads. This goes to confirm my earlier confidence in Amaechi and Okorocha as stand outs and people with conscience.
how can they speak up when they are busy frolicking with Jonathan's balls? What a shame honestly!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by nigerianvenom(m): 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
he should first of all repair all those bad roads in ikeduru,okigwe and even owerri b4 telling us what he cant do.
akpabio has repaired 85percent of federal roads in akwa ibom without making a noise.rochas should stop decieving nigerians with his phantom lies

9 Likes

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by oneeast: 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
Beren, I think I will have to tell u to shut up! Do not generalize this matter. SE roads are all receiving attention- Osha-Awka-Enugu is over 85per completed. Enugu-Abakaliki is equally completed. Enugu-PH is equally ongoing.

The only bad road in the SE is Owerre section of exp way that leads to Rivers state. Tell Okorosha to sit down for once and develop his state. There are so many bad roads both state and fed in imo state, the gov needs to get his act together. Opposition does not mean fighting the federal govt.

3 Likes

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
oneeast: [s] Beren, I think I will have to tell u to shut up! Do not generalize this matter. SE roads are all receiving attention- Osha-Awka-Enugu is over 85per completed. Enugu-Abakaliki is equally completed. Enugu-PH is equally ongoing.

The only bad road in the SE is Owerre section of exp way that leads to Rivers state. Tell Okorosha to sit down for once and develop his state. There are so many bad roads both state and fed in imo state, the gov needs to get his act together. Opposition does not mean fighting the federal govt. [/s]
provide pictures of the ongoing repairs or you forever remain shut!

1 Like

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Energito: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bia chino is big lie.osha-Awka is being done by Anambra state govt and the work there is just 15% because i personally pass there to my home town(Delta)yesterday.
oneeast: Beren, I think I will have to tell u to shut up! Do not generalize this matter. SE roads are all receiving attention- Osha-Awka-Enugu is over 85per completed. Enugu-Abakaliki is equally completed. Enugu-PH is equally ongoing.

The only bad road in the SE is Owerre section of exp way that leads to Rivers state. Tell Okorosha to sit down for once and develop his state. There are so many bad roads both state and fed in imo state, the gov needs to get his act together. Opposition does not mean fighting the federal govt.
enugu-Abakaliki is almost completed
Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by rozayx5(m): 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
nigerianvenom: he should first of all repair all those bad roads in ikeduru,okigwe and even owerri b4 telling us what he cant do.
akpabio has repaired 85percent of federal roads in akwa ibom without making a noise.rochas should stop decieving nigerians with his phantom lies

cool cool
Okorocha once a clown and always a clown

6 Likes

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
berem: provide pictures of the ongoing repairs or you forever remain shut!

Owerri/Ikwerre road being handled by Arab contractors is ongoing but at a slow pace due to paucity of funds and the Enugu/PH axis is done by Setraco and this is equally ongoing presently. These roads are simultaneously being addressed.

Okoroahusa begging for permission to construct when his mate, Amaechi aggressively address his own section. Infact the government shouldn't grant him the cheap popularity he crave for before he engage a wacky contractor to do a shabbily job thereby endangering life and properties of the high way users.

5 Likes

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Collynzo17: 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
This is what I have been screaming for Okorocha to do for a long time, not to repair the road himself but continuously bring FG's attention to it through the media, that is what Amaechi did before the east-west road was done.
As for those criticisng Okorocha for this, you have no idea what you are saying. This is what all South east governors and representatives should be doing, putting pressure on the FG where they are lacking in the region.
Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Collynzo17: 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
nigerianvenom: he should first of all repair all those bad roads in ikeduru,okigwe and even owerri b4 telling us what he cant do.
Absolute nonsense, he has every right to ask the FG to repair PH-Owerri road. Why are some of you just wicked to yourselves, is it that you haven't passed through the road or what? This is what I have been blaming him for not doing. Infact in 2 days time, he should release another statement regarding that road just to put more pressure on FG

2 Likes

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by PhockPhockMan: 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
chinazaekperem2: To finish it when? When he's out of govt? This guy can't stop being a clown grin
That's why I clicked on this thread to know when he plans to finish it. Why wait till December, he's deceiving himself.
Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Obviously, he's indirectly campaigning for himself (He's got presidential ambition).
Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by abagoro(m): 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2014

Lies from the pit of hell. Akwa-Ibom probably has the worst road in the East. Even worse than Abia. The propaganda is carefully avoiding the bad part and focusing on the few done in 7 and half years of receiving highest allocation with moderate population. Here is Itu-Calabar federal highway.

http://thecityreporters.com/indigenes-tackle-akpabio-poor-state-calabar-itu-highway/

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/tales-woes-agony-calabar-itu-road/

The bad condition of Calabar-Itu highway, a major road linking Akwa Ibom and Cross River States has become a source of concern to many indigenes of the state in recent times.

The highway, The City Reporters gathered has become a deathtrap to thousands of people who travel along the road on regular basis.

Some indigenes in a chat with The City Reporters at the weekend said the road has gone so bad such that accidents occur along that road almost on daily basis because all the heavy trailers and trucks that come from some part of the north and other neighboring states of Calabar to other states like Abia, Imo, and Port-Harcourt.

One of the sources and a transporter said it was unfortunate that the state Governor, Godswill Akpabio was insensitive to repairing the road considering the plight of thousands of Akwa Ibom people who use that road on daily basis either for business deals, work and other endeavors.

He said “Yes I appreciate the governor for the massive roads constructed so far in the state but you need to go and see how bad Calabar-Itu Highway has gone. And you know the road is so narrow. It is even worse when you travel in the night. In fact we don’t stop praying to God until you arrive your destination.

“And apart from the regular road accidents, when it rains the road is impassable for at least 24hours. Sometimes you see the heavy trucks and trailers falling and blocking the whole road and before the vehicle are removed by the relevant authority you know how much time it must have cost those of us doing business. It is very, very sad but we are hoping on God to touch this government to do something about that road very soon.

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
The bottomline is that the road sector is in dare need of reforms. The truth is that we cannot maintain the current tens of thousands of kms of federal roads under the current arrangement of just awarding contracts based of public funds. We need reforms and I'm sure the ministry of works knows what to do but they'r reluctant just because some people want to continue the kickbacks they get from awarding contracts.
Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Abagworo(m): 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
Sincere9gerian: The bottomline is that the road sector is in dare need of reforms. The truth is that we cannot maintain the current tens of thousands of kms of federal roads under the current arrangement of just awarding contracts based of public funds. We need reforms and I'm sure the ministry of works knows what to do but they'r reluctant just because some people want to continue the kickbacks they get from awarding contracts.

Its easy if not for corruption. Toll the roads and use the income to maintain and fix damaged portions of the roads. However in Nigeria toll money is considered political settlement and is never used for its target goal of road maintenance.
Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by awodman: 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Rochas should stop making silly noise just to grab headlines...lots of Govs have reconstructed federal roads and received refund from FG without fuss..Akpabio has done countless number of roads..even the Port-Harcourt owerri road he is complaining of Amaechi has done his end without unnecessary fuss

1 Like

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by focus7: 10:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jesus said a prophet is not in honour only among his people. Unlike the clueless the igbos are throwing their weight behind, this man is the prsident that Nigeria need.
Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by sirjohnson(m): 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
You see why I hate polithiefians?
Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by meforyou1(m): 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Okorocha should just shut the hell up. Has he constructed state roads? A man that single-handedly killed the economy of the big town of arondizuogu because we didn't vote for him.
How can he start constructing federal roads by December when he has less than 6 months to stay?
Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
Rochas is a disgrace

1 Like

Re: I'll Repair Federal Roads If Neglected Till December....okorocha by Abagworo(m): 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
meforyou1: Okorocha should just shut the hell up. Has he constructed state roads? A man that single-handedly killed the economy of the big town of arondizuogu because we didn't vote for him.
How can he start constructing federal roads by December when he has less than 6 months to stay?

It might interest you to read this and know the truth.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/community-petitions-jonathan-as-abandoned-road-project-stifles-economic-prospects/162690/

James Emejo 

The Ihieme Izuogu autonomous community in Ideato North Local Government Area (LGA) of Imo State has petitioned President Goodluck Jonathan to urgently address the abandonment of the Nnewi Oba Akokwa- Arondizuogu Okigwe road project, which is currently in bad shape and has completely shut down economic activities in the community.

Essentially, the road connects some parts of the eastern states including Cross Rivers, Rivers, Abia, Ebonyi and Anambra and played host to several hospitality and agro-allied industries, which had now shut down because of the dilapidated condition of the facility.

THISDAY gathered that the strategic road network, which rehabilitation had been awarded at the cost of N450 million and N20 million in 2012 and 2013, respectively had become decrepit, abandoned and now a cesspit of kidnapping and armed robbery, forcing hitherto thriving industries to close down.

The rehabilitation programme was being coordinated by the Federal Ministry of Works and had M/S Bulletine Construction Company Nigeria Limited and M/S Doliz Brown Group Limited as contractors.

Traditional Ruler Ihieme Izuogu autonomous community, Dr. Kosmann Ndubuisi Kanu, said: “We have suffered so much based on the dilapidated nature of this road. For over 15 years now this project has been ongoing and nothing is being done about it. I want to say a very big thank you to the President who endorsed that this road be done but as the way it is today, nothing is going on.

“We are really in a very big mess in this side of the country. At times it looks to us as if we are being marginalised but we still have the confidence in the president that the fact that he has approved that this road be done. We don’t know if the problem is from the contractor or payment but whatever it is let the work be done.”

Meanwhile, some heavy-duty construction machinery and equipment brought down for the rehabilitation exercise had become moribund having been parked and neglected for several years.

Some of the businesses, which had completely closed down as a result of the deplorable road network included Jolly Jones vegetable oil, Safari vegetable oil, Safari hotel, Arondizuogu Rice mill, LNO Obioha Motel and Chimon Hotel limited-all within Arondizuogu.

Kanu, who led a protest over the poor condition of the road, said: “It (road) is just this road that connects all this whole places. So we are just appealing to the president that if the contractors are not being paid, please they should be paid. If they are being paid, then they should be compelled to go back to work. Recently, about five months ago, a trailer load of cement plunged into this place killing everybody involved just because of the bad road.”

(1) (Reply)

What Is Buharinomics? / 2015: PDP Members, APC In Fresh Move To Stop Jonathan / 23 Adamawa Lawmakers Set To Dump PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.