Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Anambra Varsity Gets New Name - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra Varsity Gets New Name (37317 Views)

Enugu Varsity Gets New Vice Chancellor / Funaab Gets New Vc. / New Name Of Yabatech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: Exactly, it isn't a wise decision at all...Employers abroad will be afraid of that name@Odumegwu Ojuku..The school will be so underrated as people will consider it local..They are jux endangering d employment opportunities of the graduates of the school..It is not fair...The name doesn't sound too sweet to pronounce..How will they mention the name to their peers from other schools self? If it was given Chukwuemeka Ojukwu university of science and technology that would have been better..But that Odumegwu in d name...It really sounds local...Hope m not offending anyone..Jux speaking my mind..
+1 like
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Samoranopapa(m): 10:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Yeah in memory of him
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Skimpledawg(m): 10:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
ModusOperandi: See me see trouble o embarassed. I opened my Indomie, I di nor see spice shocked shocked. What will I do now cry cry
Nairaland makin yu 4get ya sorrows since time immemorial grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
obailala:

Odiegwu! grin grin grin cheesy
But seriously, I hate when they have to name universities after people, most especially when it involves renaming an already existing university. The other time I think it was Udenwa or was it Ohakim that renamed Imo state university to Evan(s) enwerem university.. and following the same trrend, GEJ came with the MAULAG disaster, Moshood Abiola Unibersity grin
Chaii!
:
Yeah..Me too..I think d reason why some state schools have been somehow underrated over d years is because of the change of name..For example AAU, MAULAG and others..I think these universities would have been more recognized if they still retained d name of their state..Imagine delsu being changed to Onanefe Ibori university..#lol..
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: i'm anambranian by birth(nnewi) and also an enugu boy(origin) but believe me.......this is not a wise decision by the state government!

if you like be from mars, your argument makes little sense.
what makes a school is the quality of education, nothing else.
i remember vividly when nnamdi azikiwe university started, it wasn't accorded much respect, but
today, it is one of the most respected schools in nigeria.
the fate of the school (and its graduating students) depend on the quality of learning going on there.
names only piggyback quality of education, not the other way round.
COOU may even become Nigeria's harvard sef. cool

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
relchange:

i remember vividly when nnamdi azikiwe university started, it wasn't accorded much respect, but
the fate of the school (and its graduating students) depend on the quality of learning going on there.
M sure UNIZIK wouldn't have been this recognized if it wasn't a federal uni..
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: Exactly, it isn't a wise decision at all...Employers abroad will be afraid of that name@Odumegwu Ojuku..The school will be so underrated as people will consider it local..They are jux endangering d employment opportunities of the graduates of the school..It is not fair...The name doesn't sound too sweet to pronounce..How will they mention the name to their peers from other schools self? If it was given Chukwuemeka Ojukwu university of science and technology that would have been better..But that Odumegwu in d name...It really sounds local...Hope m not offending anyone..Jux speaking my mind..

the bolded makes no damn sense at all.
so, employers must always be abroad? chai see logic shocked
you mean that our future greatness depends on outsiders?
anambra, or even SE Nigeria can develop into an economic hub that attracts people from outside, who
must then conform to our local values, and respect our heroes like Ojukwu.
get used to it, some real people have real reasons to call Ojukwu hero. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
relchange:

go to hell man!!! Become harvard? Ansu is bleeped up! At the bottom of my ranking for government owned universities...
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: M sure UNIZIK wouldn't have been this recognized if it wasn't a federal uni..

is it to only federal university in Nigeria?
how many other federal universities attract more candidate that nnamdi azikiwe university awka?
that is the question you should ponder.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
relchange:

anambra, or even SE Nigeria can develop into an economic hub that attracts people from outside, who

Pls don't misconstrue me..I didn't say employers must be abroad..
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: go to hell man!!! Become harvard? Ansu is bleeped up! At the bottom of my ranking for government owned universities...

so it will stay bleeped up for ever in your twisted mindset.
you are an incurable pessimist.
and that is your personal problem.
don't project your personal problem on the rest of Anambra state.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
relchange:

so it will stay bleeped up for ever in your twisted mindset.
you are an incurable pessimist.
and that is your personal problem.
don't project your personal problem on the rest of Anambra state.
ok bro! Gudnite...

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Anthony8: 11:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
D tin tire me o...even dia p.utme result dem say dem no go release am...imagne coou acad standard
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
relchange:

is it to only federal university in Nigeria?
how many other federal universities attract more candidate that nnamdi azikiwe university awka?
that is the question you should ponder.
M sure Unillorin was the most sought after schools in dix year's utme...Unizik is even fading down self...They are not as glorified as b4..
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
Pls don't misconstrue me..I didn't say employers must be abroad..

you are saying that ojukwu's name will taint graduates of the school, making them unemployable by people who might not like ojukwu, some of which are foreigners abi?
who told you that the same foreigners won't look for jobs in anambra state of nigeria tomorrow?
you people need serious national mental reorientation to start believing in yourselves.
i bet you that some of you will attend an idi amin university in uganda, and brag about it, but will diss Ojukwu university because you know where he is from. cheesy

COOU all the way.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
relchange:

you are saying that ojukwu's name will taint graduates of the school, making them unemployable by people who might not like ojukwu, some of which are foreigners abi?
who told you that the same foreigners won't look for jobs in anambra state of nigeria tomorrow?
you people need serious national mental reorientation to start believing in yourselves.
i bet you that some of you will attend an idi amin university in uganda, and brag about it, but will diss Ojukwu university because you know where he is from. cheesy

COOU all the way.
Hmmm...I didn't say that either..Try to read my earlier comments and u'll see when I mentioned that if the school was to be named Chukwuemeka Ojukwu University of Science and Technology, it would have been better...Is Ojukwu not still there?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by cliffm43: 11:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
why not the state named a new university than changing the name of the old one??because if you ask me,i will tell you that ojukwu make a big mistake during the war and that is what the Igbos are suffering today......he wanted to fought war alone,he rejected the offer from other nations,Biafra should have been the best country by name if Ojukwu agreed with the foreign allies ......anyway.,....it is a welcome development..COOU
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by biafranqueen: 11:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
EmoBoy: What did Ojukwu do towards education or infrastructure development in the east or in Anambra to deserve such?
He did absolutely 0 zero did you read it well ZERO! Let us stop fooling ourselves I was not born at the time but lets just say I frequent Bianca's Palace in Enugu all my life and he does not care about Nnewi or any part of Igboland.
Before spewing insults tell me what he did for Igboland before, during and after?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
sorry to say but d name sounds ugly
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by biafranqueen: 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
cliffm43: why not the state named a new university than changing the name of the old one??because if you ask me,i will tell you that ojukwu make a big mistake during the war and that is what the Igbos are suffering today......he wanted to fought war alone,he rejected the offer from other nations,Biafra should have been the best country by name if Ojukwu agreed with the foreign allies ......anyway.,....it is a welcome development..COOU
Keep it all the way real why is it a welcome development with the bolded?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by hugafella(m): 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
[/size]
picoba:

[size=48pt]

Biafra loser

What if he won the war?

yeah Biafra lost to UK, Russia, and France. definitely not to Nigerias military who can't even fight Boko Haram. keep deceiving yourselves.
picoba:

[size=48pt]

Biafra loser

What if he won the war?

[/size]

yeah Biafra lost to UK, Russia, and France. definitely not to Nigerias military who can't even fight Boko Haram. keep deceiving yourselves.
picoba:

[size=48pt]

Biafra loser

What if he won the war?

[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by biafranqueen: 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
relchange:

I consider you a real person why is he a hero to you?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
biafranqueen: He did absolutely 0 zero did you read it well ZERO! Let us stop fooling ourselves I was not born at the time but lets just say I frequent Bianca's Palace in Enugu all my life and he does not care about Nnewi or any part of Igboland.
He jux wanted to gain power..And he wanted to gain it by all means...He cajoled d gullible minds of d Igbos into believing they were fighting for themselves instead of fighting for him..I feel sad anytime my mum(an igbo) tells me hw she lost some of her relations to d biafran war...What even made me angry was that when I asked my parents if Ojukwu was killed, they said no, that he was granted asylum in another country..After he wasted many Igbo lifes...

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by noramoreira746: 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
til I saw the check which was of $6678 , I be certain that...my... friend was like realey receiving money part-time from their laptop. . there aunts neighbour has done this 4 only about 13 months and at present repayed the loans on their home and bourt a brand new Smart ForTwo . browse around this web-site.. www.MoneyKin.Com

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by biafranqueen: 11:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: He jux wanted to gain power..And he wanted to gain it by all means...He cajoled d gullible minds of d Igbos into believing they were fighting for themselves instead of fighting for him..I feel sad anytime my mum(an igbo) tells me hw she lost some of her relations to d biafran war...What even made me angry was that when I asked my parents if Ojukwu was killed, they said no, that he was granted asylum in another country..After he wasted many Igbo lifes...
Your Mum did not lie to you, those are just the good stories.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by raumdeuter: 11:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
Would the students learn how to runaway
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by IdeasDrive(m): 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
I'd have preferred Chinua Achebe University. That sounds better refined and more academic in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
EmoBoy: What did Ojukwu do towards education or infrastructure development in the east or in Anambra to deserve such?

He told his nnewi brethren to invest at home.
That they heeded to, significantly.
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
IdeasDrive: I'd have preferred Chinua Achebe University. That sounds better refined and more academic in my opinion.

Achebe will be used for sth more federal
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
ikes9: Will changing the name of the school
improve its infrastructure and facilities
#ForTheLoveOfBiafra

Will changing the name deteriorate its infrastructure?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
lurdEazy: Dey shud jst create more schools instead of changing names.. smh @ d state govt.

more of which schools?
How many state universities should be in anambra?
Re: Anambra Varsity Gets New Name by IYANGBALI: 12:03am On Sep 12, 2014
Dats no name,its a sentence cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Post Jamb/utme/screening,interactive Question / Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried / Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.