Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 (20080 Views)

Nissan Primera P11-144 Pinging Sound With Power Loss / Nissan Primera P11-144 CVT Not Selecting Properly Codes P0325 and P1777 / Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
I won't be available till tomorrow to take the pix. Here is that for Infiniti G20 (P11 engine) which is about the same as the Primera. The sensor with its grey harness connector is encircled.

Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
Costee: I won't be available till tomorrow to take the pix. Here is that for Infiniti G20 (P11 engine) which is about the same as the Primera. The sensor with its grey harness connector is encircled.

Thanks so much for your time and effort. I will follow your guidance.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
Now check these from a Primera (P11-144). The sensor is beside the transmission mount. The harness connector is grey with a green locking tab.

Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
Costee: Now check these from a Primera (P11-144). The sensor is beside the transmission mount. The harness connector is grey with a green locking tab.

Thats very nice of you. Thanks so much. I appreciate.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
Finally, my new mechanic came yesterday and I directed him according to your guidelines.He went under the car and asked me to crank the car which I did. With that he confirmed that the flywheel was bad.He towed the car to his workshop and started removing the bolts to bring out the engine.This evening he called me after bringing out the engine and gear and upon getting there, he showed me that the flywheel was badly damaged.Also that the converter was bad.,the crankshaft sensor has be badly bent and one piece of aluminium on the engine has also been badly choped by the broken flywheel.

Now,we can get the flywheel and the piece of aluminium from the old engine.That leaves the converter and crankshaft sensor.People please give me an idea of how much I can get each of this parts at Ladipo market, Lagos.

But please how can we determine whether the converter is bad? I ask because I still drove the car to my house last thursday before it finally refused to start. Thanks.

I attached some pics of the bad flywheel,converter and part of the engine in question.

Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
pragmatistm: the converter was bad.,the crankshaft sensor has be badly bent and one piece of aluminium on the engine has also been badly choped by the broken flywheel.
But please how can we determine whether the converter is bad? I ask because I still drove the car to my house last thursday before it finally refused to start.
Your mechanic seems to have a good knowledge of the car engine mechanism. I gues you have to trust him. Yes, you may have driven the car; but you were probably not having the full complement of the gears. (You might not have noticed this if your car is cvt...just a guess.)
If I may ask, what did you run your underbelly against to have caused that damage?
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 7:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
Costee:
Your mechanic seems to have a good knowledge of the car engine mechanism. I gues you have to trust him. Yes, you may have driven the car; but you were probably not having the full complement of the gears. (You might not have noticed this if your car is cvt...just a guess.)
If I may ask, what did you run your underbelly against to have caused that damage?
I must say you are a reliable and trusworthy fellow. You had been with me on this thread from the start and still here, I really appreciate your being there.

To your question, Just as I mentioned in one of the previous posts, I had a near fatal accident. The car swerved and in a moment we found ourselves almost 200meters in the thick bush. I was on 90/100km/ h that time. It almost sumersaulted, then the under belly was hitting heaps on the forest floor and tree trumps before the car eventually came to a stop.

To my surprise that day, the engine did not stop working. But we managed to reverse back to the road. That was the day the lower light got broken away.But all this happened about six months ago.Why is it now the problem surfaced. What did you say i didnt notice? My car is actually CVT but i suppose it worked fairly ok. The mechanic also asked me whether the gear was selecting well before the problem developed and i answered yes.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
The problem didn't suddenly just surface. It had been there from the day of the accident, but came on gradually. I think it is also a testimony to the strength of the p11-144 engine. Some other cars wouldn't have continued functioning with a partially damaged torque converter (transmission) and flywheel. As for the cost of the crankshaft sensor, I think it should be less than 10k for tokunbo. Should you be more venturesome the part number for a new one is 23731-7J500...though I could be more certain if I have your VIN. (Nissan calls it Magnet sensor).
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 8:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
Costee: The problem didn't suddenly just surface. It had been there from the day of the accident, but came on gradually. I think it is also a testimony to the strength of the p11-144 engine. Some other cars wouldn't have continued functioning with a partially damaged torque converter (transmission) and flywheel. As for the cost of the crankshaft sensor, I think it should be less than 10k for tokunbo. Should you be more venturesome the part number for a new one is 23731-7J500...though I could be more certain if I have your VIN. (Nissan calls it Magnet sensor).
Do you sell parts?Are you in Lagos? If i give you the VIN,will you be able to get new one for me?And at what price?What about the price of the torque converter?
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
Sorry to disappoint you. Except my location,the answer is "no" to all your questions. I'm just another member of NL like you. You may contact Nissparts or off to Ladipo of course.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 10:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
Costee: Sorry to disappoint you. Except my location,the answer is "no" to all your questions. I'm just another member of NL like you. You may contact Nissparts or off to Ladipo of course.
Thanks all the same.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Edunwa302(m): 10:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
Costee:
The two codes are identical as you can see. Check:
Harness or connectors
Crankshaft position sensor
Drive plate/Flywheel

Did you do any repairs around there lately?
Crank shaft position sensor must be the cuprit
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 7:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
Finally, the mechanic finished the work and brought the car tonight. Thank you all for your contributions and advice. I really appreciate.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by maxjax(m): 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
good to hear that its ok nw.... wink npoc
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
People, the car is up again but not yet as good. It now drives with a lot of difficulty as if im towing another vehicle. Also, the stiring wheel has become very stiff. To turn it requires a lot more power than before. It becomes better only when I begin to rev the engine. The check engine light came on and I scanned it. I got code P0745 (Line Pressure S/V). Please what should be checked?
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
pragmatistm: People, the car is up again but not yet as good. It now drives with a lot of difficulty as if im towing another vehicle. Also, the stiring has become very stiff. To turn it requires a lot more power than before. It becomes better only when I begin to rev the engine. The check engine light came on and I scanned it. I got code P0745 (Line Pressure S/V). Please what should be checked?

Code is P0745

Possible causes
- Faulty line pressure solenoid valve
- Line pressure solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Line pressure solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid

When is the code detected?
The P0745 is detected when TCM detects an improper voltage drop when it tries to operate the solenoid valve.

TCM being Transmission Control Module.

Re-check harnes on transmision for a socket not properly fit.

Did you replace your tourqe converter? Or did you repair it?
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Code is P0745

Possible causes
- Faulty line pressure solenoid valve
- Line pressure solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Line pressure solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid

When is the code detected?
The P0745 is detected when TCM detects an improper voltage drop when it tries to operate the solenoid valve.

TCM being Transmission Control Module.

Re-check harnes on transmision for a socket not properly fit.

Did you replace your tourqe converter? Or did you repair it?
@GAZZUZZ, U are just unfailing.
The code was obtained this morning.
I actually replaced the torque converter, and the flywheel.
I also saw that there was a connector on top of transmission that was damaged and the wire connection is cut.
I think the transmission fluid level is not low but I dont know if dirty.
Thanks for being there for me.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
pragmatistm: @GAZZUZZ, U are just unfailing.
The code was obtained this morning.
I actually replaced the torque converter, and the flywheel.
I also saw that there was a connector on top of transmission that was damaged and the wire connection is cut.
I think the transmission fluid level is not low but I dont know if dirty.
Thanks for being there for me.

Fix the socket.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
pragmatistm: Finally, my new mechanic came yesterday and I directed him according to your guidelines.He went under the car and asked me to crank the car which I did. With that he confirmed that the flywheel was bad.He towed the car to his workshop and started removing the bolts to bring out the engine.This evening he called me after bringing out the engine and gear and upon getting there, he showed me that the flywheel was badly damaged.Also that the converter was bad.,the crankshaft sensor has be badly bent and one piece of aluminium on the engine has also been badly choped by the broken flywheel.

Now,we can get the flywheel and the piece of aluminium from the old engine.That leaves the converter and crankshaft sensor.People please give me an idea of how much I can get each of this parts at Ladipo market, Lagos.

But please how can we determine whether the converter is bad? I ask because I still drove the car to my house last thursday before it finally refused to start. Thanks.

I attached some pics of the bad flywheel,converter and part of the engine in question.

what made him conclude that the converter is bas when he hasnt opened it
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Fix the socket.
OK, thanks.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

what made him conclude that the converter is bas when he hasnt opened it
he told me that after he brought out the engine when he opened the area of the engine and transmission, the torque converter came down on its own. He explained that certain locks in it that should hold it were bad.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
pragmatistm: he told me that after he brought out the engine when he opened the area of the engine and transmission, the torque converter came down on its own. He explained that certain locks in it that should hold it were bad.

are you saying the converter wasnt bolted to the flywheel ?

on the picture converter bolted to the flywheel

Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 10:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

are you saying the converter wasnt bolted to the flywheel ?

on the picture converter bolted to the flywheel
I dont know what he meant. Anyway, I have paid for a converter replacement and he had fixed it. Now my issues are those I posted tonight.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 24, 2014
I think the transmission fluid level is not low but I dont know if dirty.[/quote]
Yes, tidy up those loose ends on the tranny as Gazzuzz suggested. You say you don't know whether the transmission fluid is dirty. Would it be that you reused the one taken off before the repairs?
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
Costee: I think the transmission fluid level is not low but I dont know if dirty.
Yes, tidy up those loose ends on the tranny as Gazzuzz suggested. You say you don't know whether the transmission fluid is dirty. Would it be that you reused the one taken off before the repairs?
@ Costee,
Actually the mechanic didn't open the transmission box. The oil still remain intact. But I just directed that he should open and drain out the oil so as to know the state of the CVT fluid.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
pragmatistm:
Actually the mechanic didn't open the transmission box. The oil still remain intact. But I just directed that he should open and drain out the oil so as to know the state of the CVT fluid.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought you need to open up the transmision to get to the torque converter, and that by working on the coverter you must lose oil.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
Costee:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought you need to open up the transmision to get to the torque converter, and that by working on the coverter you must lose oil.

@Costee You are wrong.

Pragmatism What did you do with the oil once it was out? Most people would consider it a chance to properly flush the transmission.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

@Costee You are wrong.

Pragmatism What did you do with the oil once it was out? Most people would consider it a chance to properly flush the transmission.
That was what I thought...and I presumed the oil would have been drained as I thought by removing the converter the inner side of transmission would have been exposed.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 8:39am On Sep 25, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

@Costee You are wrong.

I didnt want to do that because i changed the CVT tranny oil about 7 month ago and the oil is very expensive. I have not covered so much mileage (less than 4000km). I bought the 2 cans (8 litres) N26,000. I dont have much money again.

So I want to drain it, remove any dirt, clean the filters and top up to gauge with the left over oil I kept at home when I changed the oil.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:04am On Sep 25, 2014
pragmatistm: I didnt want to do that because i changed the CVT tranny oil about 7 month ago and the oil is very expensive. I have not covered so much mileage (less than 4000km). I bought the 2 cans (8 litres) N26,000. I dont have much money again.

So I want to drain it, remove any dirt, clean the filters and top up to gauge with the left over oil I kept at home when I changed the oil.

Any improvement on your car?
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by pragmatistm(m): 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Any improvement on your car?
My brother no improvement at all. In fact, it got worse.I connected the sensor I mentioned then the car refused to start again.we disconnected it back but it refused to start still. The mechanic brought auto electrician and they managed to start it. He later called me that they discovered that another sensor was bad. My plan now is to go back and drain and clean the tranny oil and scan the car again to see if there is any new code. After then I will revert.
Re: Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
pragmatistm: My brother no improvement at all. In fact, it got worse.I connected the sensor I mentioned then the car refused to start again.we disconnected it back but it refused to start still. The mechanic brought auto electrician and they managed to start it. He later called me that they discovered that another sensor was bad. My plan now is to go back and drain and clean the tranny oil and scan the car again to see if there is any new code. After then I will revert.

What I notice is you leave it all to your mechanic, wish you the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / For The Bikers - When You Suddenly Realize You're Following Too Closely / Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.