Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? (4689 Views)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) / What Does You Spouse Call You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by bukatyne(f): 11:09am On Sep 13, 2014
@Babymama: nice thread, hope you are fully ok cheesy

Hubby:
Thought about it grin

He is very principled (and can sometimes be rigid and an idealist (see things as it should be and work towards it)

1 Like

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by EfemenaXY: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
Interesting thread.
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
Too gentle: This makes some people take advantage of him. Sometimes, I wish he had just a little "agberoness" in him.

Too trusting: This man gave a huge sum of money (about 80% deposit) to an interior decorator when he just moved into his new home. He didn't know much about the man, neither did he know his office. Someone just recommended him, he called him up, the man came to the house and they talked. All he had was his phone number. I mean, who does that? Of course, the man stopped picking his calls after some weeks. The rest is history. . . I nearly get high BP. angry

Hates confrontation/can't say "no": A relative/friend asks for money he doesn't have or can't afford to give at the moment. Instead of telling the said person exactly that, he will say "I'll see what I can do". And they will nearly blow up his phone with calls and daily prayer SMSs. This gets on my very last nerve! How difficult can it be to say "o'boy, I no get money" and mean it? embarassed

5 Likes

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by EfemenaXY: 6:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
^^ Eyah...he sounds kind hearted, Phema.

You'll just have to be the 'hard' one in your relationship. smiley
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by donodion(m): 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
Stillfire: Babymama, what's your own flaw? tongue

grin She talks a lot.that's one of her major flaws grin

1 Like

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Stillfire: 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
Babymama1:

Hmm
I don't know how the man manages me wallahi
One time he made me angry and I was talking and he refused to respond
Nothing as annoying as that,dead cold silence
I said to myself babymama
How can I punish this man this morning grin grin,that is eh , show him well well
I put his bunch of keys in my handbag and went to work and switched off my phone wink
Chai
He called me over 25 times whosai
He had to take a taxi to my place of work grin grin grin grin grin

Lol.
I can't do that though.
I found out I blame myself more when things go wrong...like I must be stu.pid to have let the issue happen.
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY: ^^ Eyah...he sounds kind hearted, Phema.

You'll just have to be the 'hard' one in your relationship. smiley

Kindheartedness is good, but when people start taking advantage of it, then it's high time one re-evaluated him/herself.

I pressed some buttons and now, his frenemies are complaining he's changed since he got married. Them never see anything angry grin
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
Funny enough but what we consider flaws may be Gods way of balancing us out.
We both cant be hard and we both cant be soft
We both cant be quiet and we both cant be talkative
We both cant be disciplinarians and we both cant be soft parents and the list goes on
Most importantly if you complement each other and respect, undertand and tolerate each others differences, then thats OK . . . it even makes the marriage more interesting and lively.

3 Likes

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
^^^^^True that Chaircover.
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Phema:
He's given me absolute control of the finances. And now, his frenemies are complaining that he's changed since he got married. Dem never see anything. sad cheesy

chaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!! angry
Phema, diaris God oo cheesy
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
alutacontinua:
chaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!! angry
Phema, diaris God oo cheesy

My dear, what can a good, christian and kindhearted woman like me do na? lipsrsealed grin
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
Phema:

My dear, what can a good, christian and kindhearted woman like me do na? lipsrsealed grin

lol
You remind me of my mum cheesy dad can dash himself out (and everybody knows). Even as kids, na daddy tinz oo, my mum go dey ask how, when, where and what you wanna use it for when I will have got triple from dad cheesy

Thing is I think I completely take after the man.
the only solution for me is 'don't ask' cos once you do, I'll gladly go hungry for one week just to put a smile on somebody's face smiley
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by bukatyne(f): 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
alutacontinua:

lol
You remind me of my mum cheesy dad can dash himself out (and everybody knows). Even as kids, na daddy tinz oo, my mum go dey ask how, when, where and what you wanna use it for when I will have got triple from dad cheesy

the only solution for me is 'don't ask' cos once you do, I'll gladly go hungry for one week just to put a smile on somebody's face smiley

Really?

Please send 5K to my account grin

$dollars please

Thank you in advance kiss

1 Like

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
bukatyne:

Really?

Please send 5K to my account grin

$dollars please

Thank you in advance kiss

lolllllllllllllllllll cheesy cheesy cheesy
@phema, your children go like daddy pass tongue
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by EfemenaXY: 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
alutacontinua:

lol

Your roommates must have loved the hell out of you at Uni! grin
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Your roommates must have loved the hell out of you at Uni! grin

Lol, they do when it's to their favour.
but when I decline them something cos I just gave it to a lady I met in class yesterday, that's when they remember I'm stvpid grin
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by EfemenaXY: 7:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
^^ Girl, don't let people (especially borrow-borrow Nigerians) take advantage of your kind nature.

It's a dog-eat-dog world out there...
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
alutacontinua:

lol

Oh, that worries me too. Other than giving out money, I doubt he will even scold them when they go wrong (I mean, our kids). I won't even have the 'privilege' of saying "let your dad get back from work today", like my mum had. That will be a waste of time and energy. They will prolly laugh me to scorn. Looks like I might just be doing the disciplining all by myself angry

Hope I don't turn into one spiteful wicked woman. The Lord is my muscle sad grin
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
Coogar what are your own flaws
Count them off and name them one by one nna a

1 Like

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY: ^^ Girl, don't let people (especially borrow-borrow Nigerians) take advantage of your kind nature.

It's a dog-eat-dog world out there...

LOL
Yes ma-am smiley
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
Phema:

Oh, that worries me too. Other than giving out money, I doubt he will even scold them when they go wrong (I mean, our kids). I won't even have the 'privilege' of saying "let your dad get back from work today", like my mum had. That will be a waste of time and energy. They will prolly laugh me to scorn. Looks like I might just be doing the disciplining all by myself angry

Hope I don't turn into one spiteful wicked woman. The Lord is my muscle sad grin

Join the club babes grin kiss
Mummy "hard" since 1845
Welcome to the club of "where's dad?" as the first thing they utter when they get in before saying Hello mum embarassed grin
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
chaircover:
Join the club babes grin kiss
Mummy "hard" since 1845
Welcome to the club of "where's dad?" as the first thing they utter when they get in before saying Hello mum embarassed grin

Lol@ where is dad? cheesy

When will these children realise we actually love them more, ehn? angry tongue
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by coogar: 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
Babymama1: Coogar what are your own flaws
Count them off and name them one by one nna a

i am flawless. grin
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by ladygogo: 1:56am On Sep 14, 2014
This Coogar ehn grin.That jollof rice part cracked me up. grin.

Nice thread babymama.

My hubby is actually similar to yours. He is a no nonsense man and doesn't give people second chances.
However , I dont think that's a flaw at all. That actually turns me on . cheesy I love men with balls.

My hubby can be a nag. Yes o men nag too undecided. Most times I'll be like 'I don hear abeg'. Dont kee me.

2 Likes

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by oln: 4:33am On Sep 14, 2014
^^Oh my!The 'I don hear abeg',Dont kee me.This really got me laughing...It's like we married same husband.
I need to let my husband know he has an 'act alike'somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 14, 2014
ladygogo: This Coogar ehn grin.That jollof rice part cracked me up. grin.

Nice thread babymama.

My hubby is actually similar to yours. He is a no nonsense man and doesn't give people second chances.
However , I dont think that's a flaw at all. That actually turns me on . cheesy I love men with balls.

My hubby can be a nag. Yes o men nag too undecided. Most times I'll be like 'I don hear abeg'. Dont kee me.

Men accuse women of nagging,na dem dey nag pass

1 Like

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 4:37am On Sep 14, 2014
coogar:

i am flawless. grin

Indeed
You strike me like someone that will start cooking his own stew and soup when he is angry grin

Hahahahaha
I hear some men do that
When they're mad at the wife they will stop eating her food and start cooking and putting on one side of the fridge until she begs them

If my hubby tries that,I will put all his containers of food inside the deep freezer grin grin grin
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by donodion(m): 4:57am On Sep 14, 2014
Babymama1:

Indeed
You strike me like someone that will start cooking his own stew and soup when he is angry grin

Hahahahaha
I hear some men do that
When they're mad at the wife they will stop eating her food and start cooking and putting on one side of the fridge until she begs them

If my hubby tries that,I will put all his containers of food inside the deep freezer grin grin grin

Em em I belong to that category....grin
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 5:00am On Sep 14, 2014
donodion:

Em em I belong to that category....grin

Hahahahaha

What exactly do you plan to achieve?
To make her feel bad you are rejecting the food?
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by donodion(m): 5:23am On Sep 14, 2014
Babymama1:

Hahahahaha

What exactly do you plan to achieve?
To make her feel bad you are rejecting the food?

Yep. when a man like me who have great preference for home made meal starts ignoring my babes food...as tasty as it maybe,hmm, eating fast food,sometime sef I fit ask a female colleague to prep some specific type of soup I know my babe is equally good at.... im passing across silent but strong message.

But im getting over that antic.....grin grin...no expose me o. grin
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2014
donodion:

Yep. when a man like me who have great preference for home made meal starts ignoring my babes food...as tasty as it maybe,hmm, eating fast food,sometime sef I fit ask a female colleague to prep some specific type of soup I know my babe is equally good at.... im passing across silent but strong message.

But im getting over that antic.....grin grin...no expose me o. grin

. . . . and when she starts taking imaginary phone calls from guys in your presense no vex o! cool grin grin
Two can play the game

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by donodion(m): 9:47am On Sep 14, 2014
chaircover:

. . . . and when she starts taking imaginary phone calls from guys in your presense no vex o! cool grin grin
To can play the game

That one is an old trick women are known for.
to make d oga suffer jealousmonia...you women even go as far as calling the 'person on the other line with sweet names like," my lovie,yes dear,sweets....,etc' grin grin

trust me I know..and I've also learnt when ur woman starts that...me too I grab my phone close to her and be calling one imaginary sister with wonderful titles like " oh Nosa darling,you are angel, your soothing words are so touching. And I look forward to seeing you again,rememer that gorgeous versace bag with shoes to match,babygirl it will compliment any outfit you out on for the next outing".

Yes two can play the game well well...grin grin grin I learnt from advance women.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Women Hiding Money From Spouses Becoming A Serious Issue / Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos / Mommyeaster's Giveaway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.